Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? (705 Views)

“Dear Men, Too Many Women Will Lead You Astray” – Reno / How Many Women will dare to get married If This Is Applicable Today? / Many Women Will Die Of Hunger If Married Men Stay Faithful - Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2021
Severally we have many women Clamouring for Gender Equality. They want to be here,they want to be there. They want to be heads of this department,head of that department. Do all the Jobs Men are doing etc etc.
But why are they deliberately confusing themselves.
'Equality' as the name implies means the state of something being 'Same' or 'Equal' while 'Equity' on the other hand simply means 'Fairness' or in Law 'Justice'.
They are mostly misunderstood words
For example; I have two Children of Ages 10 and 12 respectively and I decide to give each of them 3 oranges respectively that is equality. On the other hand I have 4 oranges and I decide to give the one 10; one and the half and the other 12 two and the half, that is fairness.
So in our modern day world we must agree realistically speaking many countries have succeeded in giving women some Level of Equality in terms of Jobs, positions etc. But it can never be a Total equality that incomplete equality is simply 'Equity'.
If Women are saying they deserve equality, they should be ready to do tough Jobs. Women are already doing tough Jobs from bricklaying, bricklaying etc. But what some women have forgotten is that if you say you want total Equality can you fufill your Role independently? Would you be able to make split second rational decisions? Would you be able to Mold a brick for 3hrs stretch without flinching? Would you be able to Lift those heavy loads by yourself during oil drilling, Welding etc like the Way men do? Or do all Jobs from minng to Underwater Arc drilling, pipe fitting, Using diggers in quarries etc.If you say it is because Men are more likely to have Physical strength then automatically, you're accepting total Equality isn't possible.
We must accept Men have a lot of short comings like Many men have Vowed after entering Marriage that they won't cook, tidy up places or even wash their own clothes.
Let us put it this way now. For example as a Man you get back from work around 6pm in the evening and your wife who works arrives similar period. Don't you think doing some basic home tidying while the wife cooks and bathe the children would go along way in getting things done?
Many men see the above things make you less of a Man but it is wrong, It is called 'common sense'. Sane environments we look up to have their men doing basic tidying; taking out the trash,basic cleaning, cooking, groceries,taking children and bringing them back etc. The woman does it as well but don't have to tell the man to do it. This is why many Nigerians that get married abroad do these things because you would be probed by your Neighbours who can report you to the government.
Doing the afforementioned doesn't make you a Simp or Less of a Man, It makes you a Leader. You may not know what Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos or some Richer dudes who have money do basically.
As for the women if you want total Equality, do all the Jobs Men do, Pay equal bills, do everything that ought to be 'Equal' should be. until then enjoy your 'Equity'
Feel free to drop or criticize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? by Neetah2468: 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Wow.. I've never thought of this...
This is another view to equality per se.
Re: Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? by habsydiamond(m): 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Some don't know the meaning oo..we have one problem in this country which is understanding of concepts are very difficult to some of us... Same goes for the feminists too lack of understanding of the concept is their problem... If dem want equality make dem call baba God back make he come restart the creation story.. Create Adam again and Eve again too but this time with the same numbers of ribs.. Then equality will stand... Tell them op... Tell them

Re: Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
Neetah2468:
Wow.. I've never thought of this...
This is another view to equality per se.
gringrin. I believe in merit not Entitlement mentality
Re: Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
Severally we have many women Clamouring for Gender Equality. They want to be here,they want to be there. They want to be heads of this department,head of that department. Do all the Jobs Men are doing etc etc.
But why are they deliberately confusing themselves.
'Equality' as the name implies means the state of something being 'Same' or 'Equal' while 'Equity' on the other hand simply means 'Fairness' or in Law 'Justice'.
They are mostly misunderstood words
For example; I have two Children of Ages 10 and 12 respectively and I decide to give each of them 3 oranges respectively that is equality. On the other hand I have 4 oranges and I decide to give the one 10; one and the half and the other 12 two and the half, that is fairness.
So in our modern day world we must agree realistically speaking many countries have succeeded in giving women some Level of Equality in terms of Jobs, positions etc. But it can never be a Total equality that incomplete equality is simply 'Equity'.
If Women are saying they deserve equality, they should be ready to do tough Jobs. Women are already doing tough Jobs from bricklaying, bricklaying etc. But what some women have forgotten is that if you say you want total Equality can you fufill your Role independently? Would you be able to make split second rational decisions? Would you be able to Mold a brick for 3hrs stretch without flinching? Would you be able to Lift those heavy loads by yourself during oil drilling, Welding etc like the Way men do? Or do all Jobs from minng to Underwater Arc drilling, pipe fitting, Using diggers in quarries etc.If you say it is because Men are more likely to have Physical strength then automatically, you're accepting total Equality isn't possible.
We must accept Men have a lot of short comings like Many men have Vowed after entering Marriage that they won't cook, tidy up places or even wash their own clothes.
Let us put it this way now. For example as a Man you get back from work around 6pm in the evening and your wife who works arrives similar period. Don't you think doing some basic home tidying while the wife cooks and bathe the children would go along way in getting things done?
Many men see the above things make you less of a Man but it is wrong, It is called 'common sense'. Sane environments we look up to have their men doing basic tidying; taking out the trash,basic cleaning, cooking, groceries,taking children and bringing them back etc. The woman does it as well but don't have to tell the man to do it. This is why many Nigerians that get married abroad do these things because you would be probed by your Neighbours who can report you to the government.
Doing the afforementioned doesn't make you a Simp or Less of a Man, It makes you a Leader. You may not know what Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos or some Richer dudes who have money do basically.
As for the women if you want total Equality, do all the Jobs Men do, Pay equal bills, do everything that ought to be 'Equal' should be. until then enjoy your 'Equity'
Feel free to drop or criticize.

We cannot!!! cheesy And don't even want to.

The slogan has changed to "equal, but different" and at surface glance, it makes sense, but when analysed deeply, you realise it's such a contradiction.

Feminists are clamouring for equality in all respects, but they truly don't want it all. Infact, many of them have never thought deeply about these things They just focus on the few narratives that serve them.

2 Likes

Re: Are Many Women Confusing The Words Equality And Fairness? by Zeeknow3245(m): 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

We cannot!!! cheesy And don't even want to.

The slogan has changed to "equal, but different" and at surface glance, it makes sense, but when analysed deeply, you realise it's such a contradiction.

Feminists are clamouring for equality in all respects, but they truly don't want it all. Infact, many of them have never thought deeply about these things They just focus on the few narratives that serve them.
Exactly. A Little more fairness won't hurt not Equality

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sup Bosses!!! Abeg Help Me With This Thing / I'm Disappointed, What Are You? (disappointment Thread) / Should I Give You My This Before You Marry Me? A Girl Asked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.