Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Livein His Perfect Peace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Livein His Perfect Peace (169 Views)

Rest In His Perfect Love / Perfect Peace In Christ Jesus / Perfect Peace And How To Enjoy It To The Fullest In Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Livein His Perfect Peace by Dangerousboy(m): 6:39am On Mar 29, 2021
LIVE IN HIS PERFECT PEACE

Isa.26.3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

In the journey of Life, we will encounter storms at one point or the other. The Lord didn't say if you walk through the fire, rather he said when you walk through. Isa.43:2.

The ability to maintain peace even in the midst of the storm's of life is what would sail the believer to victory.

When we fix our minds on the Lord and on his word, refusing to be moved by what we see, feel, hear, perceive and taste, the Lord sees this as trusting in him. Then his perfect peace will fill our hearts, assuring us of his ever abiding presence, which is the guarantee of our Victory.
Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by Kobojunkie: 6:09am On Mar 31, 2021
Dangerousboy:

Isa.26.3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

In the journey of Life, we will encounter storms at one point or the other. The Lord didn't say if you walk through the fire, rather he said when you walk through. Isa.43:2.

The ability to maintain peace even in the midst of the storm's of life is what would sail the believer to victory.

When we fix our minds on the Lord and on his word, refusing to be moved by what we see, feel, hear, perceive and taste, the Lord sees this as trusting in him. Then his perfect peace will fill our hearts, assuring us of his ever abiding presence, which is the guarantee of our Victory.
Where Jesus Christ is concerned it is instead those who accept(trust) and obey His Word/teachings or commandments that are to experience the peace that He has for them. undecided
Those who believe in Him but refuse to obey His Word will only have the world's kind of peace to comfort themselves with, if at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by LisaAnneMia: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dangerousboy:

True. Jesus also said "peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives do I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." The peace of Jesus is already in us. Our part is "let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" smiley

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
True. Jesus also said "peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives do I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." The peace of Jesus is already in us. Our part is "let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" smiley
Your part is more than that for the peace He left, He did not leave to all but only to those who accept(trust) and obey His teachings. So, your part is to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments for only then can you enjoy the peace that is He, Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by LisaAnneMia: 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your part is more than that for the peace He left, He did not leave to all but only to those who accept(trust) and obey His teachings. So, your part is to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments for only then can you enjoy the peace that is He, Jesus Christ. undecided
tongue And did Jesus say that when He mentioned peace? Or it's in your own version?

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
tongue And did Jesus say that when He mentioned peace? Or it's in your own version?
This is what Jesus Christ said as far as peace and the world is concerned.

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. [size=2pt]Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’[/size]
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.
By this He implies that He did not come to bring peace to everybody.

In John 14, Jesus Christ makes it clear that those who obey Him are those He is for

John 14 vs 23-31
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
25. “I have told you all these things while I am with you.
26. But the Helper will teach you everything and cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name.
27. “I leave you peace. It is my own peace I give you. I give you peace in a different way than the world does. So don’t be troubled. Don’t be afraid.
28. You heard me say to you, ‘I am leaving, but I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be happy that I am going back to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.
29. I have told you this now, before it happens. Then when it happens, you will believe.
30. “I will not talk with you much longer. The ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me.
31. But the world must know that I love the Father. So I do exactly what the Father told me to do.“Come now, let’s go.”
Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by LisaAnneMia: 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This is what Jesus Christ said as far as peace and the world is concerned.
By this He implies that He did not come to bring peace to everybody.

In John 14, Jesus Christ makes it clear that those who obey Him are those He is for
Do not divert. We're talking about "peace I leave with you..." Did Jesus say obey my teachings before I leave my peace with you? Yes or no? Cos that how believers misinterpret the Bible with their own finite knowledge. Every verse, every chapter in the Bible has different contexts. Understand each verse exactly the way it is written.

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Do not divert. We're talking about "peace I leave with you..." Did Jesus say obey my teachings before I leave my peace with you? Yes or no? Cos that how believers misinterpret the Bible with their own finite knowledge. Every verse, every chapter in the Bible has different contexts. Understand each verse exactly the way it is written.
I presented the verses in question in their original context there for you to read. So what is it that you are confused about in that? undecided

The same response that is pointed to in verse 23 goes on till verse 31. That there is so you understand fully, in context, what Jesus Christ was saying there. You don't just pick a line in a statement and conclude on it, do you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by LisaAnneMia: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I presented the verses in question in their original context there for you to read. So what is it that you are confused about in that? undecided

The same response that is pointed to in verse 23 goes on till verse 31. That there is so you understand fully, in context, what Jesus Christ was saying there. You don't just pick a line in a statement and conclude on it, do you? undecided
Yes or no, did Jesus write in that verse that "obey my teachings and I'll leave my peace with you"?

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Yes or no, did Jesus write in that verse that "obey my teachings and I'll leave my peace with you"?
Interesting approach to resolving what is right before your eyes there. undecided
Now, Jesus Christ, in that statement, found it of importance to mention that only those who obey His teachings are those who have His Spirit living inside of them. So, if you are asking whether the peace of Jesus Christ resides independent of whether one obeys His teachings or not, obviously the answer to that is No.
Flip this around, shall we! According to Jesus Christ, those who reject His teachings are of their father, the devil(John 8 ), and surely you are aware that the peace of Jesus Christ is not meant for the devil and those who belong to Him now, right?undecided

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by LisaAnneMia: 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting approach to resolving what is right before your eyes there. undecided
Now, Jesus Christ, in that statement, found it of importance to mention that only those who obey His teachings are those who have His Spirit living inside of them. So, if you are asking whether the peace of Jesus Christ resides independent of whether one obeys His teachings or not, obviously the answer to that is No.
Flip this around, shall we! According to Jesus Christ, those who reject His teachings are of their father, the devil(John 8 ), and surely you are aware that the peace of Jesus Christ is not meant for the devil and those who belong to Him now, right?undecided
You know what happens when one can't answer a question straightforward? He blabs and goes round and round and try to say the other things and most likely end up saying things not pointing to the initial question cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Livein His Perfect Peace by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
You know what happens when one can't answer a question straightforward? He blabs and goes round and round and try to say the other things and most likely end up saying things not pointing to the initial question cheesy cheesy
ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye Announces Release Of Abducted RCCG Members / Christ Did Not Die For You To Be Rich, He Died For The Salvation Of Your Soul / Is It Compulsory For Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.