Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome (23532 Views)

Doyin Okupe Gives Reasons For Low Turnout At Labour Party's Nasarawa Rally / 2019 Elections: Lagos records lowest voter turnout at 18%, Jigawa tops - Punch / INEC To Deploy Over 3,500 Staff For Bauchi South Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by bobowaja(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2021
franchasng:
Most of you lack sense......that was how you ignorant educated illiterates misinterpreted Buhari's 5% statement in the US in 2015 as Igbos being 5% of Nigeria's voters.......ignoramuses forming sophistication.

What INEC means is that out of 100% population of registered voters, only 3.29% came out to vote.

Just as Buhari's 5% meant that out of total 100% vote Buhari got, that just 5% came from the Southeast region to him......not that Southeast is 5% of total voters in Nigeria.

Even common sense ought to tell you that Igbos are even much more in number than Yorubas if not same. Every state you go in Nigeria, there is at least 5000 Igbo voters.......and Igbos alone make up at least 25 - 35% of total voters in Lagos alone.

Most of you just went to school and be looking at women's ikebe, no single brain angry angry
Igbos makes up to 100% Lagos population. In fact, na dem be Omo onile.

Ipob bureau of statistics with their mindless numbers. cheesy
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 10:37am On Mar 29, 2021
Millimann:
They were just sending a message.
A message that continues to backfire??
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by azpekuliar: 10:39am On Mar 29, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
No matter what happens, no matter how you see it,, if we refuse to go and vote, we are still the ones loosing.

How do you loose, what is already lost? or what you never even had?
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by AtlanticB(m): 10:41am On Mar 29, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
if na pig kanu now 50000 youths will turn out ......u want presidency will such votes una never serious...get ready to tinibu/ribadu presidency...
Muslim _Muslim ?? Oga wetin you smoke

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by 247Dior(m): 10:42am On Mar 29, 2021
PEPPERified:
Tell yourself the truth... are you motivated to stand on the queue and cast your vote?
if you don't do it to make your choice someone will definitely do it for you, it's your choice
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 10:42am On Mar 29, 2021
SonofLothbrok:

You fools voted Buhari two time. What an impact you have made.
You don't believe that INEC will ever get it right, either sooner or later..
DO YOU??
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by 247Dior(m): 10:44am On Mar 29, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Even if everyone votes, do our votes really counts in this country??. Especially under this present administration that don't give a damn about its people.
my brother do your part and leave the rest
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by 2tpick: 10:49am On Mar 29, 2021
Prussian:
Buhari called them 5%, they were crying. Buhari was wrong tho.

They're actually 3%

Lolzzzz

Has he ever been right?
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by donprinyo(m): 10:49am On Mar 29, 2021
Prussian:

Already looking for where to hide instead of taking the blame for the shameful figures.
With e-voting, you will record 1% voter participation.
Hide ke, one day ur mumu go do.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by EzeBitcoin(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2021
It shows only one thing. People are tired of the political system of the nation. If am there. Believe you me. I won't vote. It's even risky standing on queue to vote. No motivation, nothing at all. You're not sure if your vote will count. If it does, the elected person will later turn against the people that voted them in. Tuaaah naija.

1 Like

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by oilking: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2021
bobowaja:

Tired of voting those who will represent you? This is a dumb excuse cheesy

Bobo open your eyes, with all your voting what direct impart has the government ever had on you?
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:02am On Mar 29, 2021
donprinyo:

u trust blockchain but you dont trust e-voting?
But the Nigerian Proposed E-voting doesn't work with the Blockchain Technology..
They are proposing to use the Central-Server System.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by donprinyo(m): 11:06am On Mar 29, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
But the Nigerian Proposed E-voting doesn't work with the Blockchain Technology..
They are proposing to use the Central-Server System.
central system or block-chain can do the same thing
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by dochenaj: 11:12am On Mar 29, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Even if everyone votes, do our votes really counts in this country??. Especially under this present administration that don't give a damn about its people.
Who is to say that they will not use the supreme court to overturn the wish of the people, and because it is the supreme court we can't do anything about it.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by dochenaj: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2021
Resurrection212:
We are the problem of ourselves. We have power to change things in our hands but we will not do it just because of some bad thoughts.

However I congratulate the winner and I also commend the people of Abia for standing against oppressor and family company which kalu is trying to turn APC to in Abia state. Very greed man.

Same way okorocha failed to imposes his brother in law on us in imo state.
Son in-law not brother in-law, and you make claims of being an Imolite.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by marvin906(m): 11:14am On Mar 29, 2021
donprinyo:
e-voting is the only answer. as for me and my family, its never wise to risk our lives for rubbish politicians

What do you actually know is e voting..
And who told you it can't be manipulated
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by dochenaj: 11:15am On Mar 29, 2021
bobowaja:
East no get population. Na the same people deh make mouth against jagaban cheesy
Voter turnout and population are not the same.

Do you know that?

1 Like

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by dochenaj: 11:18am On Mar 29, 2021
gidgiddy:

People have been voting since 1960 and it got them no where. Nigeria is simply not workable

People are tired of voting. Its not voting that will anything in Nigeria, only a revolution will change things. We can only hope that it wont be a violent one
You're entirely wrong. A revolution will still end up installing Nigerians as rulers, someone must rule.

The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians. So our only solution will be colonialism or at best neocolonialism.

1 Like

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by Teejay13(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2021
This is a not too good outcome from the people of Abia state and the East at large.

I am also from the East. But then, I would not support the idea of not coming out to make your vote count regardless of the failed political system we have in Nigeria.

If we must clinch this National power come 2023, I guess it is high time we change our orientation towards politics.

It is part of our fundamental right as Nigerian citizen to vote.

1 Like

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 29, 2021
People are too busy pursuing money to care, while their state is being ruined before their eyes.

And it's just a microcosm of Nigeria as a whole. Apathy is part of us
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:26am On Mar 29, 2021
Emzenoz:
in a country that the third runner up can be declared the winner out from the blue ?.... Everything is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria. even those that are votes for what do they do ? especially the senate... they don't do any project ... they are just rubber stamp for the presidency
That one still baffles me.
The Constitution gave INEC (and only INEC alone) the power to count votes.
Even if they counted nonsense, the best thing that the courts would have done is to request for a re-count of the ballots, or at worst, cancel the whole election and order for a fresh election.
I just can't fathom the reason why INEC didn't take that Imo State case serious, on the grounds that: “Supreme Court Did Their Job For Them and went ahead to count votes”.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by Sammerboi: 11:27am On Mar 29, 2021
I see peoples blasting those absentees as if their vote could change things. Let’s them organize a referendum vote in the east and see how numbers will troop in to vote.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:31am On Mar 29, 2021
Sammerboi:
I see peoples blasting those absentees as if their vote could change things. Let’s them organize a referendum vote in the east and see how numbers will troop in to vote.
It's the same INEC that has the sole powers to organise the Referendum.
And therefore, we're still expecting less than 5% turnout at the said Referendum because, in Igbo Land, we don't trust Nigeria and everything that has to do with Nigeria, therefore, we don't trust INEC too.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2021
FBIBOT:

This is the reason why rigging is easy in Nigeria... Low turnouts and availability of blank ballot papers...... There is rigging everywhere even in advance countries but high turnouts and high valid votes makes the rigging invisible.... In Nigeria low turnouts and high number of invalid votes gives them more room to manipulate results
You're very correct.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:48am On Mar 29, 2021
Nkpitime:

You lie , you forget that there is a big insecurity in the country and it is a dangerous journey going to pulling unit to cast vote and if we go by your analysis politicians will hire thugs to destrupt the process , putting people's lives in dangerous situation , then when you here election is coming no body will advises you whether to go out and vote or not
So, the 3.29% that went there to cast their votes, they have all died??
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by ahiboilandgas: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2021
AtlanticB:
Muslim _Muslim ?? Oga wetin you smoke
the same thing your pig leader kwanu they take nah
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2021
SmartPolician:

The 96.71% that didn't turn out to vote are tired of a system that doesn't work.

Come to think of it, how have those who left more important things to vote fared? Yes, we are all in the same shithole.

That's what you get when people have lost hope in a dysfunctional system.
Please, is there any solution??
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2021
pepetua:

I don't know how you people are seeing the whole issue,for me not voting is not because am tired of the failed government or no conpetent candidate of my choice or the believe that my vote don't count in Nigeria political setting but rather, i saw one going out there to queue in the name of voting as one exposing his or her life to danger in the hand of those political thugs and hoodlums that can do undone to victimized their political opponent so as to rig election and i believed that most people that refused to go out there to cast their votes has the same fear as there's no security in the exercise.
And once they know that the button to press to get you off the Polling-units so that they can multiple-thumb-print your ballot paper is FEAR, they would employ the fear and win you over.!!

1 Like

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:56am On Mar 29, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

will you shut up!!! the last senatorial bye-election in lagos pnly had about 7.6% voters turnout
Chhaaiii.!!!

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Oohh No No No No Nooo.!!
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by Dmec(m): 11:56am On Mar 29, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Have you ever asked yourself why rigging works in Nigeria??

It's because there are plenty of unused ballot papers (which the riggers at the Polling-units would use for their multiple thumb-printing).

And also, there are low voters turnouts (which the dubious Collation officers would easily convert to whichever value they want).

Had it been that the Voters Turnouts are huge, there won't be any room for rigging.
Akuko Mike Ejagha.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by BluntCrazeMan: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2021
Ogbeniomo:
The one at Asorock we voted massively have we stop Rants?

Don't just go there.!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Civil Defence Arrests 50 Herdsmen For Bearing Arms / Dare Kadiri Blocks Ogun Assembly Gate / Nigeria At 59: Buhari And Osinbajo Cut A Cake In Celebration Of Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.