Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome (23566 Views)

Doyin Okupe Gives Reasons For Low Turnout At Labour Party's Nasarawa Rally / 2019 Elections: Lagos records lowest voter turnout at 18%, Jigawa tops - Punch / INEC To Deploy Over 3,500 Staff For Bauchi South Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by LandMann: 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ferrous:
No. Redmi Note 8

Okay thanks. Do you know how I can get the Redmi Note 5a prime
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by Ferrous(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
No. I have sold mine since January last year

LandMann:

Okay thanks. Do you know how I can get the Redmi Note 5a prime
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by LandMann: 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ferrous:
No. I have sold mine since January last year

Okay. Is there a way you can put me in touch with the buyer?
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by majole: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
The true turnout was around 1.2% because there were some rigged results in the total from some polling units recording 90% turnout hence if you do the REAL TURNOUT it would be around 1.2%
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by lordally(m): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
moneyissweet:
Niggar there is no fcking opportunity that is sweeter than the the dollars and millions you make by yourself while the useless election is going on.

Only confused and poor jobless people go out to queue for vote. What can a politician or Government do for someone who make between 300k to 400k profits in his shop daily?

Fck politicians and their evil Gunment

You just said the truth bro!!! Most people wey I know for Aba no fit leave their shop say them won go caste vote!! You know how many customers dem go loose??

1 Like

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by Christistruth00: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Honestly, there are lots of messages to take home here.

It is now very clear that there is no Minimum Voter's Turnout, Below Which INEC would Declare the Election Inconclusive..

Meanwhile...
The Imo State Judgement still baffles me till today.

The Constitution gave INEC (and only INEC alone) the powers to count votes.
Even if they counted nonsense, the best thing that the courts would have done is to request for a re-count of the ballots, or at worst, cancel the whole election and order for a fresh election.
I just can't fathom the reason why INEC didn't take that Imo State case serious, on the grounds that: “Supreme Court Did Their Job For Them, and went ahead to count votes”.

What of Bayelsa and the Kogi Election Supreme Court Judgement that are in conflict each other, Or the Osun State Elections where a Party was Penalised because the Judge that read the Judgement was absent on one day whose fault was that ?

Or is it the Case of CCBs Danladi Umar against the CJ ?

To be honest it is only legal jargons they used to confuse people the Nigerian Judiciary went to the dogs long ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
donprinyo:

As long as a community have access to phone, e-voting is possible

So poor illiterate will be sharing 1 phone that they have to walk to near mast to use?

You will just disenfranchised some ppl because you're too lazy to go out and vote like a man.

Awoof de run bele

Many ppl do not have access to phone even in the cities.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by Ferrous(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
LandMann:

Okay. Is there a way you can put me in touch with the buyer?

No
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by donprinyo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:

So poor illiterate will be sharing 1 phone that they have to walk to near mast to use?

You will just disenfranchised some ppl because you're too lazy to go out and vote like a man.

Awoof de run bele

Many ppl do not have access to phone even in the cities.
Calling me lazy means u are ill informed. Also what is the crime in have options?
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
donprinyo:

Calling me lazy means u are ill informed. Also what is the crime in have options?
the crime is one man can determine an election instead of many

One point of failure

How many ppl do you know that can resist temptation of 10 billion naira to program whoever offers largest bribe

It's harder to compromise millions of voters, thousands of election officers or even just 36 commissioners

So looking for shortcut that doesn't work

That is the hallmark of the lazy
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by donprinyo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
the crime is one man can determine an election instead of many

One point of failure

How many ppl do you know that can resist temptation of 10 billion naira to program whoever offers largest bribe

It's harder to compromise millions of voters, thousands of election officers or even just 36 commissioners

So looking for shortcut that doesn't work

That is the hallmark of the lazy
U so much think low of technology and u still keeping ur money in the bank and blockchain. U need to stop deceiving ur own self.
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
donprinyo:

U so much think low of technology and u still keeping ur money in the bank and blockchain. U need to stop deceiving ur own self.
[/quote]

No
My worry is human beings and their propensity to cheat.
A bank account is easy for individuals to rectify as you only need to monitor your accounts.
How are you going to verify 100million votes within 2 days?

Especially when the verifies have interest in the election result

Bank doesn't care about your account so long as it's not below minimum balance

Don't forget many whose money has been withdrawn illegally by banks

But for greed they would've escaped to non extradition country and shishi no go happen

Election has very small window so fraud cN easily get through

By the time you realize it's too late
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by edoairways: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Have you ever asked yourself why rigging works in Nigeria??

It's because there are plenty of unused ballot papers (which the riggers at the Polling-units would use for their multiple thumb-printing).

And also, there are low voters turnouts (which the dubious Collation officers would easily convert to whichever value they want).

Had it been that the Voters Turnouts are huge, there won't be any room for rigging.
That is not true as politicians still rig elections
Re: The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome by donprinyo(m): 6:58am On Apr 14, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:

No
My worry is human beings and their propensity to cheat.
A bank account is easy for individuals to rectify as you only need to monitor your accounts.
How are you going to verify 100million votes within 2 days?

Especially when the verifies have interest in the election result

Bank doesn't care about your account so long as it's not below minimum balance

Don't forget many whose money has been withdrawn illegally by banks

But for greed they would've escaped to non extradition country and shishi no go happen

Election has very small window so fraud cN easily get through

By the time you realize it's too late
Everything you worry about here are all fallacy.
Nobody could hack your account in the bank and why do you think that when Nigeria is serious about secured electronic voting that you someone will hack it. As long as there is violence and distrust in election, an igbo man like me will never participate in such scam called election.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayemi Declares For 2023 Presidency, Promises Good Governance (Full Speech) / Tribunal Upholds Ajimobi’s Election As Oyo Governor / Genocide Looms, Atiku Warns As Igbo Leaders, Northern Youths’ Meeting Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.