Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 (23068 Views)

Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline / Femi Adesina: There Would’ve Been No Nigeria Again If Buhari Didn’t Win In 2015 / No PDP Office Will Stand In S/east If Igbos Are Denied Presidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Funkeshuga(m): 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2021
their focus is on Tinubu candidacy

they get distracted a lot, instead of them and their leaders to strategize, they're busy wailing and threatening

even though I don't want any 2023 election with that evil constitution that give those Fulani fool to be roaming my region anyhow, Igbo threatened and wailing on political objective is becoming boring and useless

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Electrochemistry(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
Abdulmumin412:

What is ur point here, how many Igbo candidates win presidential election and they forcefully taking from him and give to Hausa or Fulani? Will they sit down at the comfort of their home and the president will be giving to them? When Hausas and Yorubas are contesting where are Igbo people?
Am not talking of presidency alone but also lopesided appointments.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Do Yoruba people not spew venom on PDP despite the fact that the party gave Yoruba people the president seat for 8 years. So is it that the Yoruba are in or Greedy
I am not Yoruba in the first instance.
Secondly I have never seen any Yoruba person who argues that Imo and Ehonyi people are no longer in the SE region for being ruled by APC. I have also never read a Yoruba person here describe anyone as anyone's slave without any provocation to it. I have never read a Yoruba person claim that Oyo people are traitors among them for voting for PDP when all other SW states prefer APC.
But I have read Igbos here insult Edo State, Delta Central and other SS enclaves as traitors, Fulani slaves and idiots for electing APC candidates as governors or National Assembly representatives.
FYI Obasanjo was actually the candidate of the Igbo-Hausafulani complex in the 1999 election against Falae who was the Yorubas' actual choice.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Chimeluv(f): 1:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nothing will happen undecided
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by seunjungle1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
Who ask them not to contest for it(president). The position is a contest one...let them bring their own candidate from any party and vote him/her. President position is never a free one, you contest for it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Electrochemistry(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
Sonyboom:
Wail by lunatic
Everybody has the right to comment: sane minds and hopeless fools.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by ofiko123(m): 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
An Igbo man can never become the president of Nigeria....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by ThumbzTNA(m): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
Dave Umahi - APC Peter Obi - PDP
Problem solved
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Newton85: 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
Lol, these chest-beating crybabies have started again. Who still takes these people serious? Lol. Abeg, Eboes should lineup behind Hausa-Fulani Atiku as usual jare and stop whining as always like toy-deprived spoilt brats. Bloody 5 percenters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Abdulmumin412(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
N
MansoryMX:
I am in support of this! All region have tested the presidency in this democracy regime except the Igbo and it’s unfair. If you people don’t want an Igbo presidency then let them go! Forceful marriage is a no no!
My brother those regions contested,campaign in all nooks and crannies of the country and people voted for them. If any Igbo man want to be president let him come out to campaign, participate in primary election, win it and then main election or is Igbo not one of the major tribe again? No where in the world where power is given freely you work tirelessly for it. If you think is lie ask Bien.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Newton85: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
Electrochemistry:
For progress and continued subsistence of Nigeria as a nation there ought to be a firm and constant will to give to every segment of the country what is due to them. This is the justice which should bring about equitable participation of all the regions that constitute the country in the affairs of the nation rather than giving priority and importance to a tribe over the other. In the absence of justice there will continue to be perennial agitation for seperation in an effort to redistribute and restore equity within the already heated polity.
Eboes are already lining up behind Hausa-Fulani Atiku in 2023, lol. You people should stop crying like toy-deprived spoilt brats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Olabode211: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
eheheh

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by yemiyemi: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
I thought Nigeria is '' Zoo"'....Why insisting you wanted to be President at all cost in a Zoo.....Igbo, Igbo, Igbo.....How many times did i called you?

Inshort......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by plaindealer: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
These market square clowns sabi make igbo people look bad, crude, thoughtless and clannish sha..

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Abdulmumin412(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
[quote author=Electrochemistry post=100306509] Am not talking of presidency alone but also lopesided appointments. [/quote
My brother Igbo don't know how to play politics they always put all their eggs in one basket. Do they expect to reap where they didn't sow? Obasanjo campaign people voted for him, Buhari campaign people voted for him. Let them face other people from other regions to test their popularity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

You can not take the oath of office more than two times
According to ? Can you provide a source for this ridiculous assertion?
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:
According to ? Can you provide a source for this ridiculous assertion?

According to the new alteration or the 2018 constitutional amendment
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

According to the new alteration or the 2018 constitutional amendment
There has been no alteration.
For an amendment to happen there is a procedure.

This involves two thirds of the 36 states approving or adopting the proposed amendment

Please tell us when that happened for this issue?

Always inform yourself properly before making assertions
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by focus7: 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
November1857:
Often times, who wail first laugh last! They wailed in 2015 and 2019 while afonja was rejoicing! Today, one Sick looking old man has send them packing from their ancestral land to refugee camp, where they're busy wailing and gnashing of teeths !

lndeed He who wail first laugh last..

Are Igbos laughing now or they are lamenting.

One of the most important prayers people pray in life is not to labour in vain or sow in vain, as it's now the picture is that igbos years of labouring and sowing in PDP is ending in vain.

Igbos are meant to sow for Fulanis to harvest. In 2023 Igbos will be Atikulating again, they are not meant to rule in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by AnanseK(m): 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
Listen to these comedians. They are better than Basket Mouth. Do they really believe that Nigeria can have an Igbo President in the next 100 years?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:
There has been no alteration.
For an amendment to happen there is a procedure.

This involves two thirds of the 36 states approving or adopting the proposed amendment

Please tell us when that happened for this issue?

Always inform yourself properly before making assertions

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/271662-buhari-signs-bill-limiting-tenures-of-vice-presidents-deputy-governors-who-succeed-principals.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjBwoDe19XvAhXWSxUIHXV6DRsQFjALegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1tlBcP9duUrBezpAsQlxmc

I dont make careless assertions
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/271662-buhari-signs-bill-limiting-tenures-of-vice-presidents-deputy-governors-who-succeed-principals.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjBwoDe19XvAhXWSxUIHXV6DRsQFjALegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1tlBcP9duUrBezpAsQlxmc

I dont make careless assertions

You are only half informed.

The presidents signature is irrelevant to a constitutional change

That has been debated elsewhere . I suggest you research that point too

The constitution is clear about how it can be changed

It cannot be changed by a bill of the national Assembly signed by the President

The tenure of the President is a Constitutional stipulation and can ONLY be changed by a constitutional amendment

Your assertion is not well informed.

The question is Were the State Houses of Assembly involved YES OR NO?

If not the law has no force and is no different from The National Assembly passing a third term bill and the President signing it

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO DO without the state Houses of Assembly input
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:

You are only half informed.

The presidents signature is irrelevant to a constitutional change

That has been debated elsewhere . I suggest you research that point too

The constitution is clear about how it can be changed

It cannot be changed by a bill of the national Assembly signed by the President

The tenure of the President is a Constitutional stipulation and can ONLY be changed by a constitutional amendment

Your assertion is not well informed.

Trust me,I know more than you.you are the one not well informed.you cannot claim to know more than the nass and constitutional lawyers...

Now,the constitution only provided a maximum of two tenures for any office Holder.it is silent on the tenures of a vice or deputy who completes the tenure of his boss.this is where a bill comes in,to close a gap or vacuum or grey areas in the constitution.a bill can only become null and void if it goes contrary to the provision of the constitution....if you feel diferent,go to court.

The act or law you can claim to be contrary to the constitution is the not too young to run act which reduces the age limit meanwhile the constitution already set an age limit.be guided
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

Trust me,I know more than you.you are the one not well informed.you cannot claim to know more than the nass and constitutional lawyers...

Now,the constitution only provided a maximum of two tenures for any office Holder.it is silent on the tenures of a vice or deputy who completes the tenure of his boss.this is where a bill comes in,to close a gap or vacuum or grey areas in the constitution.a bill can only become null and void if it goes contrary to the provision of the constitution....if you feel diferent,go to court.

The act or law you can claim to be contrary to the constitution is the not too young to run act which reduces the age limit meanwhile the constitution already set an age limit.be guided

Trust You? You know more than me.?
Lol
Irrelevant egotism

The fact is the issue is a constitutional issue neither in the exclusive or Concurrent list. it cannot be remedied by ac Act of the National Assembly
What you have interpreted as "silence" is not silence at all The constitutional is very clear and any variation requires a constitutional change

I do not claim to know more than anyone . National Assembly has made legislation that have been struck down as unconstitutional nothing new there. Won't be the first of the last time
Let us wait till the time comes when it is challenged. If such a time comes it will be an Incumbent president or governor that will be going to Court not me.

According to your assertion

Kindly educate us Where Goodluck Jonathan stands with this enactment can he contest in 2023?
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by loopman: 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
Dave Umahi - APC
Peter Obi - PDP

Problem solved

Lol. So that you people can easily give your 97% to Peter Obi and APC lose? grin cheesy

Una no smart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by UnabashedIPOB: 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
Who told Ohaneze ndi ochi that Igbos want the presidency? We certainly do not want anything to do with the Zoo. It can take the presidency and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. These so called "otuelctuals" and efulefus need to go hide themselves in shame. Their days are numbered and their day of reckoning is fast approaching. IDIOTS!
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:

Trust You? You know more than me.?
Lol
Irrelevant egotism

The fact is the issue is a constitutional issue neither in the exclusive or Concurrent list. it cannot be remedied by ac Act of the National Assembly
What you have interpreted as "silence" is not silence at all The constitutional is very clear and any variation requires a constitutional change

I do not claim to know more than anyone . National Assembly has made legislation that have been struck down as unconstitutional nothing new there. Won't be the first of the last time
Let us wait till the time comes when it is challenged. If such a time comes it will be an Incumbent president or governor that will be going to Court not me.

According to your assertion

Kindly educate us Where Goodluck Jonathan stands with this enactment can he contest in 2023?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://constitution.lawnigeria.com/2018/07/16/4th-alteration-amendment-to-the-199-constitution-of-nigeria-not-too-young-to-run-act/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiV-efV4NXvAhVOXhUIHWmoDDAQFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0nAmwYkPAacFAvodZvKUSk

Like I said,i t is called the fourth alteration of the constitution.laws are not retroactive so it cannot affect gej
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by ThatFairGuy1: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
Chestbeating is their trait.
You want Biafra yet your god in The red Chamber(Abaribe) has never make any pronouncement regarding Biafra grin

Chestbeaters everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Goditto(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
QED
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by kolade560: 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2021
They have started again....confused wailers....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://constitution.lawnigeria.com/2018/07/16/4th-alteration-amendment-to-the-199-constitution-of-nigeria-not-too-young-to-run-act/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiV-efV4NXvAhVOXhUIHWmoDDAQFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0nAmwYkPAacFAvodZvKUSk

Like I said,i t is called the fourth alteration of the constitution.laws are not retroactive so it cannot affect gej

I do not know what you mean by "alteration"

The correct terminology is amendment
Laws can be retroactive .Generally they tend not to be by "convention" and "common sense"

At no time did God address the world to say laws cannot be retroactive

This exercise does not fulfill the criteria for an amendment and is a nullity.
The Federal Government alone cannot alter or amend the constitution
It will have to be tested in court as well as your assumption that it does not or should not apply to Goodluck Jonathan
You have contradicted yourself already. If indeed the constitution was "silent" on the issue then this enactment should affect Jonathan UNLESS it is a CHANGE . Otherwise why does the question of retroactivity arise.
The summary is this was this a constitutional change YES or NO? that is all it boils down to

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Govt. Is Rotten - Fayose, Says FG Plans To Release Fresh 'Chibok Girls' / Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Attracts Road Construction In Fegge Community, Onitsha / Wike & Abdulsalami Abubakar At The Inauguration Of Pamo University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.