Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 (23031 Views)

Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline / Femi Adesina: There Would’ve Been No Nigeria Again If Buhari Didn’t Win In 2015 / No PDP Office Will Stand In S/east If Igbos Are Denied Presidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by majole: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2021
Joke gone too far. You play very poor politics & want to be rewarded with the highest office on the Land. Power is not given. Go play Politics & democracy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:

I do not know what you mean by "alteration"

The correct terminology is amendment
Laws can be retroactive .Generally they tend not to be by "convention" and "common sense"

At no time did God address the world to say laws cannot be retroactive

This exercise does not fulfill the criteria for an amendment and is a nullity.
The Federal Government alone cannot alter or amend the constitution
It will have to be tested in court as well as your assumption that it does not or should not apply to Goodluck Jonathan

.I think your confusion arises from the word bill.a bill also refers to an intending or a proposed amendment to a constitution.since it is before the nass,it is a bill until passed.you are just thinking that since it is a bill,only the nass passed it,no.nationwide townhalls and public hearings and consultations were held,contributions taken.I even attended two of it.the nass then passed it.two third of the 36 houses of assemblies passed it but rejected autonomy for state assemblies.it was then sent to the president to sign it which then makes it law and part of the constitution replacing the old provisions.there is also a clause which states that if the president refuses to sign,a two third vote from the two chambers can pass any bill into law.I believe you are also confused by this.

You remind me of professor nwabueze who finds faults in every law..

The nass calls every constitutional amendment an alteration act and there have been four so far....

Like you said,no law prevents a law from being retroactive but retroactive laws exist mostly in military regimes or non democracies.

Well,until it is upturned by the courts,it is law.I hope you also challenge the not too young to run alteration....

This reminds me of a somewhat similar situation in 2011 when 3 governors whose elections were earlier annulled by the courts challenged the conducts of 2011 guber elections in their states.they claimed that their tenure should start from when they were reelected after the court annulment but lost.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

.I think your confusion arises from the word bill.a bill also refers to an intending or a proposed amendment to a constitution.since it is before the nass,it is a bill until passed.you are just thinking that since it is a bill,only the nass passed it,no.nationwide townhalls and public hearings and consultations were held,contributions taken.I even attended two of it.the nass then passed it.two third of the 36 houses of assemblies passed it but rejected autonomy for state assemblies.it was then sent to the president to sign it which then makes it law and part of the constitution replacing the old provisions.there is also a clause which states that if the president refuses to sign,a two third vote from the two chambers can pass any bill into law.I believe you are also confused by this.

You remind me of professor nwabueze who finds faults in every law..

The nass calls every constitutional amendment an alteration act and there have been four so far....

Like you said,no law prevents a law from being retroactive but retroactive laws exist mostly in military regimes or non democracies.

Well,until it is upturned by the courts,it is law.I hope you also challenge the not too young to run alteration....

This reminds me of a somewhat similar situation in 2011 when 3 governors whose elections were earlier annulled by the courts challenged the conducts of 2011 guber elections in their states.they claimed that their tenure should start from when they were reelected after the court annulment but lost.
You might be confused by the word bill I am not
This is a a constitutional change Yes or No?
The Federal Government alone cannot change the constitution

That is the simple point being made here

What has that got to do with the word Bill?

All constitutional change must pass AT LEAST 24 of the State Houses of Assembly

Once that happens the constitution changes

There is no provision for presidential assent AT ALL

Therefore what the Federal Government have done is to use the legislative process of law making for constitutional change without input from the States . This is wrong
Can the President and the National Assembly together create new states?
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by survivor10(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
ofiko123:
An Igbo man can never become the president of Nigeria....

This is witchcraftry. Suffice to say that you are one. Allow Igbo to pull out when they can never be President, you say never. Nigeria is cursed
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Gbagura: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
Emeguy:
The Igbo have spoken, they are not coward's like the sabotage yoruba, never take the Igbo nation for granted ask the hausa they no better,
So what happened to the 3m igbo that died senselessly? Act of bravery? Keep getting killed daily with your uncouth attitudes. You go get sense one day sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:

You might be confused by the word bill I am not
This is a a constitutional change Yes or No?
The Federal Government alone cannot change the constitution

That is the simple point being made here

What has that got to do with the word Bill?

All constitutional change must pass AT LEAST 24 of the State Houses of Assembly

Once that happens the constitution changes

There is no provision for presidential assent AT ALL

Therefore what the Federal Government have done is to use the legislative process of law making for constitutional change without input from the States . This is wrong
Can the President and the National Assembly together create new states?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://lawpadi.com/the-process-for-amending-the-constitution-in-nigeria/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiqvqfT69XvAhULzIUKHeIEAOUQFjAAegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2YboVQVAN3OBFn_k-5c1IZ

I dont know what your issue is.you find fault where there is none.the federal govt does not amend the constitution,it only assents according to the link above and that assent can be overrode by the nass...

I already explained to you that more than 24 houses of assemblies assented to that alteration and that they dropped one of the bills,you are still stubbornly insisting that this wasnt so.it seems you have a problem understanding things.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://lawpadi.com/the-process-for-amending-the-constitution-in-nigeria/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiqvqfT69XvAhULzIUKHeIEAOUQFjAAegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2YboVQVAN3OBFn_k-5c1IZ

I dont know what your issue is.you find fault where there is none.the federal govt does not amend the constitution,it only assents according to the link above and that assent can be overrode by the nass...

I already explained to you that more than 24 houses of assemblies assented to that alteration and that they dropped one of the bills,you are still stubbornly insisting that this wasnt so.it seems you have a problem understanding things.

More than 24 state Houses of Assembly assented? Really?

That is all I am interested in. Nothing more!!

Please enlighten me. When did that happen?
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by chaloskyx: 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
LOL AM IGBO AND FIND THIS FUNNY OYA LET SAY THEY GIVE IGBO PRESIDENCY THEN WHAT NIGERIA WOULD GET IT RIGHT ABI? BE DECIVING YOURSELVES INFACT IF WE CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION AND HAVE 3 PRESIDENTS IGBO YORUNA HAUSA NIGERIA WOULD STILL NOT GET IT RIGHT BE IT IGBO O YORUBA OR HAUSA PRESIDENT NIGERIA IS DESTINED TO FAIL AND NEVER PROGRESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:

More than 24 state Houses of Assembly assented? Really?

That is all I am interested in. Nothing more!!

Please enlighten me. When did that happen?
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Too_Young_To_Run&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjrl_SM8dXvAhUQkxQKHVj_DNwQFjAAegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw3t9tiA-lFxoZV7oZWHkJlj
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by gidado14(m): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Sonyboom: 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
With your Igbo father being the number 1 fool as you highlighted in your comment.

Electrochemistry:
Everybody has the right to comment: sane minds and hopeless fools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Sonyboom: 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
Can you father ever point anywhere I did that
Or did you inherited the foolishness your given to him by his own father.

Personally I would even prefer Atiku contest come 2023 so that the north can be taught a bitter lesson that they alone do not own the country.

Isobug:

But you wailed tirelessly when the North said no Zoning. Hypocrite
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Lagoon0: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2021
NyamiriSlayer:
You said it also in 2019, so nobody takes you guys serious again, nah wailing you wailed in 2019, nah em you will still continue come 2023.
No leflendum no erection, these people no get shame at all
God bless oduduwa nation
You don't have sense!
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2021
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Lagoon0: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2021
November1857:
Often times, who wail first laugh last! They wailed in 2015 and 2019 while afonja was rejoicing! Today, one Sick looking old man has send them packing from their ancestral land to refugee camp, where they're busy wailing and gnashing of teeths !

lndeed He who wail first laugh last..
Why do yorubas hate Igbo so much! Ive always think about these.

If it were Yoruba's being treated like this some will decide to stay with the north while some will create new country.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Electrochemistry(m): 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
Sonyboom:
With your Igbo father being the number 1 fool as you highlighted in your comment.

And here comes again the hopeless fool with an ineffective jab of a midget.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Rawhumper(m): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
After North has structured the country in a way that North carries the vote.

Are really northerners mire populated than Ibos?

For those calling us wailERS, REMEMBER THIS REGIME MANY UNBELIEVABLE THINGS HAPPENED...SO WILL IGBOS OWN BE. THE TIME HAS COME, FOR THOSE TALKING CRAP WAIT AND SEE.

EVEN 1967 BIAFRA WAR WAS SABOTAGED BY DISGRUNTLED IBO OFFICERS STILL IT TOOK ALMOST 3YEARS.

HOW ABOUT A SITUATION THERE WONT BE SABOTAGE AS WHEN IT COMES TO MARGINALIZATION, THE IBOS ARE GETTING UNITED.

I SAID IT ALREADY, THERE WILL BE TOTAL BREAKDOWN IF NORTH BECOMES PRESIDENT, ITS FACT!!!

AS FOR THOSE WHO URGED FOR END OF ENDSARS PROTEST SAYING GOVT HAS HEARD, YOU SEE THAT GOVT AND POLITICIANS DON'T HAVE HEART, WHAT THEY UNDERSTAND IS VIOLENCE AND LYNCHING.

SEE GOV. ORTOM CRYING LIKE A BABY BECAUSE THEY ATTEMPTED ON HIS LIFE! THATS IS THE BEGINNING!!!

Lets face the reality that Nigeria has changed alot!!!

Minjim:
Igbos should go for it.

Nowhere is power given freely.
You have to deserve it, contest for it and earn it. That's the path .
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Fm32: 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
do u know that ur unstoppable ESN have been arrested
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Rawhumper(m): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2021
You people keep saying 3m it pains me cos u guys don't know the death toll of northerners too.

Google battle of ABAGANA, do it now and you see the casualties of Nigerian army at the hands of Biafran soldiers.

Do you know how many companies if Nigerian Army that were destroyed when Biafran troops were advancing to Ore. GOWON WAS ABOUT TO RUN FROM LAGOS, WHEN HE HEARD BIAFRAN TROOPS WERE AT ORE.

IT WAS SABOTAGE THAT DESTROYED THE ADVANCEMENT....

Wake up bro next war, Nigeria is not going to win it, am very sure if it.

Who is going to fight the war for the North? These clueless Northerners officers in the present Army?

Remember we had French mercenaries that fought on our side.....that was then even some countries that assisted, Ghana,US(b52),Gabon, Czech, Yugoslavia,etc. Howbeit this present era, you people keep underestimating the South East but it will be your downfall.

Bet me if there is no war if a Northerner becomes President, then the shame will be on us!! The war may not be immediate but within his tenure. I assure you that.

Gbagura:
So what happened to the 3m igbo that died senselessly? Act of bravery? Keep getting killed daily with your uncouth attitudes. You go get sense one day sha.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Ifiegboria(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
Salonedaily or Najia—if you know you own this blog, please stop sending me unsolicited messages. It's annoying. I know you got my email here
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by orisa37: 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
there-will-be-no-nigeria-if-igbos-are-denied-presidential-ticket-in-2023-ohanaeze-warns.

I CONCUR.
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by akdjr(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
I am yet to understand how in a democratic system a particular tribe will want power to be given to them freely. Like how does that work or where does such work? So every other tribe will just relax and watch only your tribe contesting and also vote for only your tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:

I remain confused what has that got to do with this

All of them came together.they were six bills,one was rejected.the one the media focused on was that not too young to run bill.they sensationalized it.all came together and were assented together
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

All of them came together.they were six bills,one was rejected.the one the media focused on was that not too young to run bill.they sensationalized it.all came together and were assented together

you are amusing

I should just take your word for it?
Mr I know more than you?

You are clutching at straws with watery waffle

You were asked a very specific question about 24 houses of Assembly in regard to the amendment as it affects deputies and the VP
Was that matter ever taken to State Houses of Assembly? Evidence

You are showing stuff to do with
Too Young to Run

How does that answer the question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:

you are amusing

I should just take your word for it?
Mr I know more than you?

You are clutching at straws with watery waffle

You were asked a very specific question about 24 houses of Assembly in regard to the amendment as it affects deputies and the VP
Was that matter ever taken to State Houses of Assembly? Evidence

You are showing stuff to do with
Too Young to Run

How does that answer the question?

And when i show you,what will be my compensation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

And when i show you,what will be my compensation
let us leave it

Nice talking with you

Ciao
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:
let us leave it

Nice talking with you

Ciao

Ok but you must know I support osibanjo for presidency
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by omonnakoda: 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
garfield1:

Ok but you must know I support osibanjo for presidency
lol

Why not support me ? Or yourself

At least we both know your problems
Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by adekolaelect(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
Xscape1993:
We are all waiting to see the end ooo.
you go wait tire bcs nothing will happen than wailing as usual .

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by Indispensable85(m): 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2021
This is why igbo will never produce president. Make una force other region na

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 by garfield1: 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
omonnakoda:
lol

Why not support me ? Or yourself

At least we both know your problems

I'll be vying for the house of assembly so I'll need your support

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Intercepted Close To An IDP Camp In Borno.Graphic Pics / Ibikunle Amosun Visits Tinubu In Abuja (Pictures) / God will turn around things for Nigeria – Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.