Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

"Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 (2395 Views)

Obi Will Not Get Up To 3 Million Votes, How Then Can He Win? / Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer / Adegboruwa: Herdsmen's Actions Illegal, Presidency Misinterpreted Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Seerade029: 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
franchasng:
Igbos make up 25 to 30% of Lagos population.

Check every December when Igbos exit from Lagos and check how scanty Lagos is. You cannot change reality.

Igbos in Ore Ondo state alone are more than 18,000.

Go to Eleyele in Ife, Igbos dominate there.

See I am not just saying all these. I am giving you facts that everybody knows

You're not serious.
You don't know what you're saying.
Yorubas apart from Egun accounts for more than 50% of Lagos population.

Egun people alone are up to 20%. Stop saying nonsense.
When Igbo's leave Lagos, they close business that's why market usually scanty. Don't translate market to settlements and community.

Even Igbo's in akure no reach 10k you're talking of Ore.
Ondo town is more populated than ore, dem no get up to 10k

Go Check Igbo markets in Ondo town and see.
Do you even know what thousands means?

Use Catholics churches to judge
Use all the churches to judge
Use markets to judge
Use schools to judge

And reply me.
You're visible in trade doesn't mean you're populous.

What I'm I saying self.

In 6 streets simultaneously in Ondo you might not see any Igbo man living there.

They only live close to where their business dey.

No state in South west has more than 50k Igbos (Apart from Lagos)

Don't misrepresent hundreds as thousands undecided

3 Likes

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

The part of your hate-driven diatribe that caught my attention was the false kite you’re trying to fly in the second paragraph! It’s complete bullshit!

What Buhari meant by his ill-adviced statement was that ‘those who gave him 5% of the votes he got in 2015 cannot expect to be treated equally and benefit equally with those who gave him winning percentages (can’t remember if he actually mentioned a figure)’! His statement had nothing to do with him inferring that he won despite the 5% votes the south-east gave him, due to the *‘personal sacrifice’ others made! *And i’m guessing you smugly had the south-west in mind here abi? wink

Smugly? No. Yes if you equally admit that those who took this risk and made personal sacrifices include political leaders from the SW, as well as some SE leaders. My point is that without the sacrifice of those people, the hatred Igbo voters showed towards PMB would have stopped his victory. I am quite clear that the President is just being sincere that he feels more morally obligated to acknowledge and reward those who neutralized the hatred most Igbo voters showed to him.
You are likely to do same if you have a similar experience PMB had. He chose Igbo VPs twice and he was rejected not by any account but hatred and bigotry against him. That is why I need to make it clear. There is nothing unusual with his admission but regardless, he fulfilled the constitutional provision that every state including states of the SE get same number of ministers as states where he got almost 100% votes. That is definitely a weak point for democracy but necessary for our national unity.
In conclusion, I don't have problem with having a different political opinion and in fact, I support it but I feel very uncomfortable and cringe when I see the level of hatred and bigotry most Igbos show against PMB. I kept wondering what he took from their stall and forgot to pay for.
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by franchasng: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Smugly? No. Yes if you equally admit that those who took this risk and made personal sacrifices include political leaders from the SW, as well as some SE leaders. My point is that without the sacrifice of those people, the hatred Igbo voters showed towards PMB would have stopped his victory. I am quite clear that the President is just being sincere that he feels more morally obligated to acknowledge and reward those who neutralized the hatred most Igbo voters showed to him.
You are likely to do same if you have a similar experience PMB had. He chose Igbo VPs twice and he was rejected not by any account but hatred and bigotry against him. That is why I need to make it clear. There is nothing unusual with his admission but regardless, he fulfilled the constitutional provision that every state including states of the SE get same number of ministers as states where he got almost 100% votes. That is definitely a weak point for democracy but necessary for our national unity.
In conclusion, I don't have problem with having a different political opinion and in fact, I support it but I feel very uncomfortable and cringe when I see the level of hatred and bigotry most Igbos show against PMB. I kept wondering what he took from their stall and forgot to pay for.
Igbos dislike for Buhari started from his role at Dordan Barracks Lagos in 1966, the night to the day Aguiyi Ironsi was killed.

Another reason majority of Igbos don't like Buhari is because Buhari is a fanatic Muslim who enjoys violence against Christians and elevates Fulani Muslims above others.

He played a very bad role and has never apologized just as Awolowo did in 1966 and refused to apologize till he died which also forms part of the reason Igbos aren't politically happy with Yorubas since 1968.

1 Like

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by CobraAnambra: 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
Muna4real:
[b][/b]

May God bless you for this quote.
Awo won massively in the western region but it seems you don't understand parliamentary system, do you?. Sometimes, it's cool to watch some of you fool around.

-cobra
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
franchasng:
Igbos dislike for Buhari started from his role at Dordan Barracks Lagos in 1966, the night to the day Aguiyi Ironsi was killed.

Another reason majority of Igbos don't like Buhari is because Buhari is a fanatic Muslim who enjoys violence against Christians and elevates Fulani Muslims above others.

He played a very bad role and has never apologized just as Awolowo did in 1966 and refused to apologize till he died which also forms part of the reason Igbos aren't politically happy with Yorubas since 1968.

So Igbos in 2019 hate Buhari for 'offence' committed against Igbos in 1967 and they hate Yorubas for 'offence' the Sage, Pa Awo, committed in 1968?
So what will other regions Igbo- officers murdered their leaders in their prime and set their regions back now do? See sir, there is an adage that you can't teach anyone to be evil if Evil is not already in the person's heart. The evil in the heart of some of these young Igbos have nothing to do with 1967 sir. They see hatred and bigotry around them so it fits perfectly with their mental state and upbringing. That is why there is a lot of difference in the mentality of my Igbo brothers and sisters born and raised in Lagos and those raised in the SE. Those raised in Lagos or SW and well integrated have a better understanding of how to relate peacefully and respectfully. In fact when they call you from overseas, after many years, their Yoruba is still fluent and they are not filled with hatred and bigotry against other people not from their tribe.
Where ever there's strife and envy, God is not there. The unbridled hatred some Igbo have for others is enough to repel blessings of God.
I don't know how they sleep at night with so much hate and bigotry in most of them.
If they don't heal,it is their fault not even the fault of our forebears because they have done their own and gone to rest. The new generation must heal itself.
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by franchasng: 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
CobraAnambra:

Awo won massively in the western region but it seems you don't understand parliamentary system, do you?. Sometimes, it's cool to watch some of you fool around.

-cobra
Ode, they just love to twist history to sound foolishly sophisticated.

Awolowo contested in 1960s and failed, Nnamdi Azikiwe won him.

Awolowo contested again in 1979 and failed. Shehu Shagari and Alex Ekwueme won him.

Awolowo contested again in 1983 and failed. Shehu Shagari and Ekwueme won him again. It was this time that your Buhari carried out coup and removed Shagari/Ekwueme.

When we talk, you kids should listen.

Yoruba votes don't count.

The only role Yorubas played in electing Buhari is in Tinubu's mobilization of other regional politicians against Goodluck, that's all. Not that Yoruba vote made Buhari President, be guided.

1 Like

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by franchasng: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

So Igbos in 2019 hate Buhari for 'offence' committed against Igbos in 1967 and they hate Yorubas for 'offence' the Sage, Pa Awo, committed in 1968?
So what will other regions Igbo- officers murdered their leaders in their prime and set their regions back now do? See sir, there is an adage that you can't teach anyone to be evil if Evil is not already in the person's heart. The evil in the heart of some of these young Igbos have nothing to do with 1967 sir. They see hatred and bigotry around them so it fits perfectly with their mental state and upbringing. That is why there is a lot of difference in the mentality of my Igbo brothers and sisters born and raised in Lagos and those raised in the SE. Those raised in Lagos or SW and well integrated have a better understanding of how to relate peacefully and respectfully. In fact when they call you from overseas, after many years, their Yoruba is still fluent and they are not filled with hatred and bigotry against other people not from their tribe.
Not just the offense of 1960s, read well.

Buhari have been violent campaigner and mobilizer of irate Northern Almajiri against other politicians that win him, Igbos hate terrorist, Buhari is a terrorist.

OBJ fought in that war but Igbos love OBJ.

IBB fought in that war but Igbos love IBB.

Atiku is a Fulani but Igbos love Atiku.

Yaradua is a Fulani but Igbos love Yaradua.

Yorubas didn't stop at what Awolowo did against Igbos in 1968, they continued to collabo with the North against Igbos politically even after that and always celebrated any evil again Igbos. This is the problem.

1 Like

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
franchasng:
Not just the offense of 1960s, read well.

Buhari have been violent campaigner and mobilizer of irate Northern Almajiri against other politicians that win him, Igbos hate terrorist, Buhari is a terrorist.

OBJ fought in that war but Igbos love OBJ.

IBB fought in that war but Igbos love IBB.

Atiku is a Fulani but Igbos love Atiku.

Yaradua is a Fulani but Igbos love Yaradua.

Yorubas didn't stop at what Awolowo did against Igbos in 1968, they continued to collabo with the North against Igbos politically even after that and always celebrated any evil again Igbos. This is the problem.
The first-ever collabo was between North and East yet I have not seen others hate Igbos.
Obasanjo was accepted because he worked against Pa Awo.
IBB was married to an Igbo and annulled the election of a Yoruba man sir. Now you get why most Igbos love those 2; because they hurt the political interests of Yoruba?
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by franchasng: 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

The first-ever collabo was between North and East yet I have not seen others hate Igbos.
Obasanjo was accepted because he worked against Pa Awo.
IBB was married to an Igbo and annulled the election of a Yoruba man sir. Now you get why most Igbos love those 2
Yoruba ro nu oh, Awon accomodators grin
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
franchasng:
Yoruba ro nu oh, Awon accomodators grin
Everyone, every tribe and tongue is capable of love, especially love for a common destiny in the success of Nigeria.
May God bless Nigeria.
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by CobraAnambra: 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
franchasng:
Ode, they just love to twist history to sound foolishly sophisticated.

Awolowo contested in 1960s and failed, Nnamdi Azikiwe won him.

Awolowo contested again in 1979 and failed. Shehu Shagari and Alex Ekwueme won him.

Awolowo contested again in 1983 and failed. Shehu Shagari and Ekwueme won him again. It was this time that your Buhari carried out coup and removed Shagari/Ekwueme.

When we talk, you kids should listen.

Yoruba votes don't count.

The only role Yorubas played in electing Buhari is in Tinubu's mobilization of other regional politicians against Goodluck, that's all. Not that Yoruba vote made Buhari President, be guided.
Go and ask your elders who are good students of history to tell you how Awo never lost the Presidential election to Shagari in '79, where there wasn't a clear winner. A re-election was supposed to be announced but the military government through a window shopping court judgement declared Shagari the winner.
Like I said, sometimes, I enjoy how y'all fool yourselves around.

-cobra
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Siwisheswereesh: 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
[s]
franchasng:
90% of people living in Ago Palace Okota are Igbos.

More than 95% of people living in Amuwo Odofin estate are Igbos.

More than 90% of people in Ajao Estate are Igbos.

Mafoluku have almost 50-50 Igbos.

Lekki phase 1 is same.

Lekki county same.

Festac same.

Satellite town same.

Monkey village same.

You guys know the truth but the evil in you will never allow you admit.

[/s]
Pigidioott amaka grin

You guys are experts in pulling stats from your anus.

Why are Igbos not winning on APGA platform in Lagos
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by chyzoo4u(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

The part of your hate-driven diatribe that caught my attention was the false kite you’re trying to fly in the second paragraph! It’s complete bullshit!

What Buhari meant by his ill-adviced statement was that ‘those who gave him 5% of the votes he got in 2015 cannot expect to be treated equally and benefit equally with those who gave him winning percentages (can’t remember if he actually mentioned a figure)’! His statement had nothing to do with him inferring that he won despite the 5% votes the south-east gave him, due to the *‘personal sacrifice’ others made! *And i’m guessing you smugly had the south-west in mind here abi? wink

Don't mind them. Buhari actually mentioned the other percentage. He said, "those who gave me 5% of their votes should not expect to be treated equally with those who gave me 97% of their votes."

You know, not all brains can compute. From their kindergarten analysis, they should've seen that 97% and 5% is already more than 100%, that would've informed them that they're on the wrong.

Some regions gave Buhari 97% of votes, whereas SE only gave him 5%. But are those regions he has been given preference any better than the SE? He was even able to get that 5% because of Okoroawusa. Till tomorrow, we won't give him upto 1% again, we're not beggars.

Anyone that says SE voting power is 5% is simply making jest of Buhari, because 5% plus 97% is more than 100.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by CaptainAyub: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
PrudencyFeats:

But truth be told, Buhari hates them. The igbo's i know are always friendly. When is comes to business snd money matters they can cohabit with you. One thing i discovered about them is their hate for Muslims and not a person per say.
Igbos don't hate muslims but we despise the violence usually associated with most northern muslims.
The ppl who lynched the female pastor in 2016 did not come from Sambisa forest, they're d so called tolerant muslims.Same with those who killed Christians when Buhari lost in 2011.
There are significant muslims communities in every big town in Igbo land but you will never hear of religious crises or killings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Sonyboom: 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
The entire population of Igbo in Lagos is not up to 3% with other SS indigine many count as Igbos it increases to 8%. Over 82% remain predominantly Yoruba so where did foolish igbo get you statistics to claim igbo amount to 25% of Lagos population ?

Do igbo in Ogun Osun Oyo Kwara Kogi even amount to less than 1% of the state entire population that your deluded igbo father no claim igbo is over 25% in every state in Nigeria ?

franchasng:
It is really worrisome that most Nigerians go to school but end up being uneducated or at best, educated-illiterates!

Today, I want to correct the misinterpretation of Buhari's 5% votes statement in the US in 2015 after he won the 2015 general elections.

Many educated illiterates, mostly from a certain region of Nigeria misinterpreted Buhari's 5% statement in the US in 2015 as Igbos being 5% of Nigeria's voters.......what ignoramuses forming sophistication shocked

This is to enlighten those who didn't understand Buhari's 2015 5% statement; Buhari's 5% votes meant that out of total 100% vote Buhari got in 2015, that just 5% of his votes came from the Southeast region, meaning that Southeast didn't support him becoming the President in 2015......not that Southeast votes is just 5% of total voters in Nigeria.

Even common sense ought to tell anyone that Igbos are even much more in number than Yorubas if not same. At least, in every state you go to in Nigeria, there is at least 50,000 Igbos living there.......and Igbos alone make up at least 25 - 35% of total voters in Lagos alone, you can check INEC register if in doubt, which was why Tinubu paid MC Oluomo to use his agberos to stop Igbos from voting in Lagos in the 2015 and 2019 general elections, just to suppress Igbo votes in Lagos and make him deliver Lagos to Buhari.

Most of you from that region just went to school and be looking at women's ikebe, no single brain angry angry
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by franchasng: 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
Sonyboom:
The entire population of Igbo in Lagos is not up to 3% with other SS indigine many count as Igbos it increases to 8%. Over 82% remain predominantly Yoruba so where did foolish igbo get you statistics to claim igbo amount to 25% of Lagos population ?

Do igbo in Ogun Osun Oyo Kwara Kogi even amount to less than 1% of the state entire population that your deluded igbo father no claim igbo is over 25% in every state in Nigeria ?

20% - 30% of total Lagos population is Igbo, you can go and hug live transformer for all I care you know grin

After Yorubas, Igbos are the second highest in population in Lagos. The Stat is there for all to see, you cannot change it if you decide to commit suicide because of the truth.

Another southwest state Igbos have a large population is Ogun, Ondo, Oyo.

Go to any state in Nigeria, you will find a large population of Igbos there, you know the truth of course, taking sniper will not change the truth. So be calming down.

Below are the non-igbo states of Nigeria where Igbos are among the dominant non-indigenous tribe living there with over 50,000 population:

Lagos (20% - 30% of total Lagos population)
Kano (over 100,000 Igbos)
Abuja (3% to 9% of total Abuja population)

Rivers (plus indigenous Igbos in this state)
Delta (plus indigenous Igbos in this state)

Kaduna (over 100,000 population)
Ogun (over 200,000 population)
Edo (over 200,000 population)
Sokoto (over 100,000 population)
Ondo (over 150,000 population)
Oyo (over 30,000 population)
Akwa-Ibom (over 200,000 population)
Cross River
Bayelsa
Plateau
Benue (plus indigenous Igbos in this state)
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by edoairways: 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

The numbers speak for themselves. Please don't confuse voters turnout with actual votes.
The SW will mobilise so expect a huge voter turnout. The SE has the least registered voters.
franchasng is right. You need at least 4 geo political to win an election (2/3).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Resurrection212: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
The op is stark illiterate.
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Sonyboom: 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2021
Igbo bureau of foolishness / madness on display.

franchasng:
20% - 30% of total Lagos population is Igbo, you can go and hug live transformer for all I care you know grin

After Yorubas, Igbos are the second highest in population in Lagos. The Stat is there for all to see, you cannot change it if you decide to commit suicide because of the truth.

Another southwest state Igbos have a large population is Ogun, Ondo, Oyo.

Go to any state in Nigeria, you will find a large population of Igbos there, you know the truth of course, taking sniper will not change the truth. So be calming down.

Below are the non-igbo states of Nigeria where Igbos are among the dominant non-indigenous tribe living there with over 50,000 population:

Lagos (20% - 30% of total Lagos population)
Kano (over 100,000 Igbos)
Abuja (3% to 9% of total Abuja population)

Rivers (plus indigenous Igbos in this state)
Delta (plus indigenous Igbos in this state)

Kaduna (over 100,000 population)
Ogun (over 200,000 population)
Edo (over 200,000 population)
Sokoto (over 100,000 population)
Ondo (over 150,000 population)
Oyo (over 30,000 population)
Akwa-Ibom (over 200,000 population)
Cross River
Bayelsa
Plateau
Benue (plus indigenous Igbos in this state)

Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by DEROX: 12:53am On Mar 30, 2021
grin wetin he mean be say the 5% inconsequential votes couldnt stop him at all from becoming president
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by TheSourcerer: 10:30am On Mar 30, 2021
Resurrection212:
The op is stark illiterate.
hi hello my nairaland email is inactive .here though .
Darnleypedro22@gmail.com
Re: "Igbos Gave Me 5% Votes" - How Ignorant Nigerians Misinterpreted Buhari In 2015 by Resurrection212: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2021
Ok sir ...I will sendyou message now.
TheSourcerer:
hi hello my nairaland email is inactive .here though .
Darnleypedro22@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Security Source : How Gun Men Attempted To Take Over Government House IMO State / This Is Ebonyi Today- No Sit At Home On Mondays And Always / Ojukwu Sworn In As Biafra Head Of State On June 10, 1967 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.