Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Are Gospel Artistes In Nigeria Really Poor according To Asu Kiye? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Gospel Artistes In Nigeria Really Poor according To Asu Kiye? (161 Views)

Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / 7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Gospel Artistes In Nigeria Really Poor according To Asu Kiye? by IamBroke(m): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
I came across a post on nairaland yesterday about a guy (asu ekiye) talking about the arrogance of most Nigerian gospel artistes.
All what he said were on point not until he said that

"Ninety nine percent of Gospel artistes in Nigeria are poor people. Quote me anywhere. Name one rich gospel artiste and I will tell you his/her level.

I was shocked.i don't know if he said this out of hatred or perhaps he's jealous because you can't be so sure to say that 99% of Nigerian gospel artistes are poor.

Because they few I know ain't poor.
I mean are the likes of sinach,Frank Edwards, Nathaniel bassey and mercy chinwo poor or what did he really meant by rich...in possession or what?

Gospel artistes don't need to display their wealth on social media as their secular counterpart do...and besides I am so sure that 99% of secular artistes are living a packaging lifestyle.

Lalasticlala
Re: Are Gospel Artistes In Nigeria Really Poor according To Asu Kiye? by Righteousness2(m): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
Poverty is when as a Believer who was Saved and made by GOD ALMIGHTY, begins to exhibit traits of Pride in any shape or fashion.

Poverty is when as a Believer who is Privileged to be lifted and begins to see himself/ herself bigger than the lifter.

Poverty is when you claim to be a Believer but you are swayed away by Worldliness and vanity.

Poverty is when you are rich in cash, property and all that and Poor in Righteousness, Holiness and Purity.

Poverty is when you Gain the World and lose your Soul..

Re: Are Gospel Artistes In Nigeria Really Poor according To Asu Kiye? by ProlificEric(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
obviously he's exaggerating.
Check my signature
Re: Are Gospel Artistes In Nigeria Really Poor according To Asu Kiye? by Omihanifa: 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
It's very possible the guy is saying the truth because one thing have come to realise is that majority of celebrities in Nigeria are not as rich as they claim to be. Only few of them are rich the rest nah just packaging.

If we are to look at it critically ( emotions and religious sentiment aside) one can barely count the gospel artistes that are financially ok.

Asides the guys in loveworld (Christ embassy bred) mercy chinwo, yinka ayefele, tope alabi and few other I think the guy is right.

Tho it's a general problem in the entertainment industry but it's worse in some sections. For example in the Yoruba film industry I doubt if any actor is earning up to 700k per movie
Re: Are Gospel Artistes In Nigeria Really Poor according To Asu Kiye? by IamBroke(m): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2021
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

THE GOATS AND SHEEP - CHRISTIANITY FOR AFRICANS / FREE WILL: My Conversation With A Christian / Why That Person That Promised You Have Not Yet Fulfilled It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.