Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company (15668 Views)

How The Nigerian Banking System Is Killing Employee Loyalty. / A Company Director At 29, How Adetola Durojaiye Rose To The Top In Five Years / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by micflo28(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
Please I have a question here. Who has ever quit a low paying federal government job for a private job. I am about to be in the same shoes.

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:
Loyalty does not put food on your table.

For a fresh graduate the max you should stay in a company is 4 years.

From that point on, you are on a 2 year tenure with any company.

As a matter of fact, the moment you get into a new company start looking for a new company.

There is nothing like loyalty ooooh

All those HR shenanigans...they are all ploys to hoodwink you into exploitation.

4 years, really? That's a lifetime! The longest I've stayed in a coy is 1 year and 7 months.. lol.
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by tojahh(m): 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2021
Many factors will decide if you're A or B.
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
I'm a mover!

My career growth is fast. So bleeding fast. From an accounts assistant earning 40k in 2019 to Finance Team Lead earning 6figs, all in less than 2 years. Not even chartered yet. Haven't even completed Skills. Not an Accounting graduate either..lol

I'm a newbie at my current place of work. Just because I really like it here, I'll try do a year sha. God willing o.

2 Likes

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
daewoorazer:

Thank you sir. I like that you enjoyed my article.

However we’re the same, I enjoy adventure too. Today, I’ve risen above former bosses because I’m always applying to the next position once I spend 6 months in a position.

That's a red flag for most employers, though. Staying barely a moment on a job

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
Start with B, and finish up with A.

B is the explorative/establishment phase of your career. Garner as much experience as you can across various industries. It will make you more versatile, and would be in your best interest. It honestly propels your growth and remuneration real fast.

At your discretion, after gaining expansive knowledge across industries, calm down and stick with one company and hatch a great retirement plan.

5 Likes

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Amalekki: 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
Cholls:
My brother if it's not my papa company loyalty my foot. Wickedness for workplace... You gas wise up...use them before they use and dump you

Use their internet
Use their laptop
Use their WiFi
Use their microwave oven
Use their water dispenser
Use their toilet
Use their power socket
Use their biro
... then you eventually set up your own business and Karma sees to it that you only attract your likes as your employees until you atone for your mindset grin

3 Likes

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2021
toren:

4 years, really? That's a lifetime! The longest I've stayed in a coy is 1 year and 7 months.. lol.

I said max
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by blackslayer: 11:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
No such thing as loyalty to a company! Do your work, that's all you owe them and be loyal to yourself!

5 Likes

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by calcal: 12:06am On Mar 30, 2021
You don't have to be loyal to any company, remember no company is loyal to any employee. Jumping around is good but try to stay like 5 - 10 years at the first company then you move.

Retirement plan, social security will cover some parts that suppose to be part of the taxation system. you got to think probably you buy dollar keep and some other local investment

2 Likes

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by redsun(m): 12:09am On Mar 30, 2021
You stay loyal to a company's vision, mission, ethics and culture. You have to be able to tap into it and shape your thought process in accordance.
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by yemmywesey(m): 1:34am On Mar 30, 2021
Cholls:
My brother if it's not my papa company loyalty my foot. Wickedness for workplace... You gas wise up...use them before they use and dump you

Use their internet
Use their laptop
Use their WiFi
Use their microwave oven
Use their toilet
Use their power socket
Use their biro

eat their free lunch
drink their soda
use their staff bus
use their hospital
take their loan

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by daewoorazer(m): 1:42am On Mar 30, 2021
Moregreen:
This write-up is interesting because I can relate every line in the option A to the practices in the coy I work for.
@OP, thank you for taking time to write this. I have a request. Can you come up with a detailed write-up on the pros and cons of working as a contract staff?
Contract staff in the sense that Mr. A was employed by a consulting firm and being posted to work full time in another company, noting that his salary has to move from the coy he works to the consulting firm before getting to him. Thank you.
Request received your excellency
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Cognitivedisson(m): 2:17am On Mar 30, 2021
this is the best advice I’ve come across:

"Don’t ever attach yourself to a person, a place, a company, an organization or a project. Attach yourself to a mission, a calling, a purpose ONLY. That’s how you keep your power & your peace. "
It’s worked pretty well for me so far. (Denzel washington)

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by CsRockefeller(m): 5:46am On Mar 30, 2021
Cholls:

Use their internet
Use their laptop
Use their WiFi
Use their microwave oven
Use their toilet
Use their power socket
Use their biro

grin grin
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:55am On Mar 30, 2021
justmi1:
You didn't talk about type C;

Work in a company for few years, save up (capital/experience) and then start your own company.

Because 97% of us have employee for life mindset.

I am type C

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:59am On Mar 30, 2021
legba1:
There's nothing like loyalty to an organization or coy. When the chips are down management will sa ricice you with retrenchment to reduce expenses...
My experience, I worked with a coy that realy takes the welfare of staffs serous, their pay is one of the best and salary comes as early as 23rd. Your leave allowance is ideal and 13th.onth pay is what I pay my kids school fees with cos u receive the alert on first working day of the year. Also, they don't own contributory pension as they remit monthly..
I grew fast cis I was always ready to move to any office on transfer(my wife and kids understand). In a short while, I had worked in 11 states of Nigeria. I rose to assistant manager within 10years and I enter as graduate training after service..
Then Come Mr Buhari, coy fortunes nose dived and the big deals no longer coming in, it was decided some staffs need to go, in particular the senior staffs with huge salary, I was then at the ABJ office and never heard a thing till my letters arrived.
Then I looked back, my friends and professional colleagues that were moving about, dumping coys at will are still at their desks.theres even one we were employed same day, he left for an advertising coy later to Guinness and we felt yea, he will stay, soon he japa to mtn, then m-tel and now airtel... He's a super big boy now... A beg guys, nothing like loyalty joor

What if you had lived below your means and invested 30% to 40% of your monthly income during your 10 years sojourn working in your former company

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:02am On Mar 30, 2021
Amalekki:

... then you eventually set up your own business and Karma sees to it that you only attract your likes as your employees until you atone for your mindset grin

Such people don't have the ambition of starting their own business ooo

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Maj196(m): 7:53am On Mar 30, 2021
Fvck Loyalty
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Nezan(m): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2021
B is good when you are young and an upstart, as you grow and start up a family, A is preferred
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Urban9aira: 9:20am On Mar 30, 2021
Na mumu dey loyal to company wey no be em mama own..

I cant wait to leave this yeye place i'm working... In all you do try avoid one man business, na dem mumu pass

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by vanvino(m): 9:48am On Mar 30, 2021
rottable:
Finally, I have seen someone like me...... Working in a company for more than 6 months makes the job boring and I don't like that. Where I'm working now, I've spent just 4 month and I'm bored already.

I hope this post makes front page for more knowledge people to contribute there opinion.

sometimes boredom is as a result of unengaged mind in regards to that job, they say the greatest room is room for improvement, u will keep jumping to new job cos of "new thrill" but when the "new job thrill" ends u need a "new one" like drugs ur mind dose not offer the thrill else u will always find new excitement in same job. So at the end is the money and the thrill no passion, what happend then? When u run out of "new job" to run to? Cus that drive or adventaurous nature will still be there

1 Like

Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by EngrKassy: 10:35am On Mar 30, 2021
B is my plug. A when you are advancing in age in naija.
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by Gifted2luv: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Cholls:

Use their internet
Use their laptop
Use their WiFi
Use their microwave oven
Use their toilet
Use their power socket
Use their biro

grin grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company by roldet804(m): 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
Na you fvck up by calling you MD a liar.[/quote]

gym instructor I see you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.