Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme (15677 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc? / Level 8 Salary For Hnd Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by bodeface: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2011
For all HND Holders willing to convert to BSC, there is hope University of Portharcourt offers three years part time conversion programme, check it out and enrol if you are around portharcourt.

Do anyone knows any of such programme around the south-west. Lets share Information is power I just did!
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by yamakuza: 4:28am On Oct 01, 2011
3 years? Why not just go for a masters or pgd?

All poly students might as well opt for distance learning programs.

1 Like

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 02, 2011
A 3yr programme just to convert your HND certificate to a degree? Damn!!!

Are you telling me the 5yrs you spent to obtain your HND is equivalent to only one yr in a 4yr BSc programme? Shucks!!!

Even if you dont trust your own abilities, may be due to some unfortunate conditions under which you had your education, why would you so downgrade the HND in favour of a common BSc. That's the response universities want to get and by dancing to their tunes, you agree you don't really know your market worth. And you let them make a fool of you.

I know a number of HND holders who outperform their BSc work colleagues and are even earning more. It's all about what a person is capable of. As an HND holder with 2yrs work experience, my next step will be a Masters degree in the UK. And great schools that will take me are many and waiting. So you berra think straight and pray rude HND holders won't catch you with this mediocre mindset. Trust Nairalanders for verbal abuse.

8 Likes

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by AjanleKoko: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2011
Unless my memory fail me, HND holders are always admitted into 200 or 300 level of university degree programs (depending on the school).
What's UNIPORT selling that is different?

2 Likes

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by RuuDie(m): 7:36am On Oct 05, 2011
No thanks. . . . PGD, after that, Masters and probably even PHD!
Yabatech HND kpali no be beans  grin

6 Likes

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by bimlarry(f): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
True yarns o YABATECH kpali no be mai mai at all at all.

2 Likes

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by temidayogolden: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2012
Dats total rubbish,watz d big deal in Bsc,I bet it,most HND are good than this Bsc of a thing,If you wanna quote me wrong ask the so called Bsc holders in sciences and engineering on practical aspect,I bet you will be dissapointed,Am‎​​ an HND in microbiology.And also Associate of Institute of Science Laboratory Technology,This Institute is highly recognise in Nigeria and they don't even certicate Bsc,reason because they don't do practical work,can't even remember the numbers of practicals I did when I was in school,will do practical exam too.Any Bsc holder in those field mentioned should quote me.
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by yemmyma: 8:46am On Jun 16, 2012
bodeface:
For all HND Holders willing to convert to BSC, there is hope University of Portharcourt offers three years part time conversion programme, check it out and enrol if you are around portharcourt.

Do anyone knows any of such programme around the south-west. Lets share Information is power I just did!

That is no real hope.

When you are at your polytechnic, work hard and get a direct entry to the university already at the ND level.

That way you will save yourself a lot of time and stress. An HND holder will usually use 8-9 years to obtain a BSc. That is the way it is structured in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
What is tuition fee for this program
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by clun(f): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
My fellow HND holders, you can use that 3yrs to get your MBA. That is 1yr for PGD and 2yrs for MBA. Will never spend 3yrs again for BSC.

3 Likes

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
Do u guys notice that this program is strickly for engineering disciplines. Accredited engineering pgd are ran for 2year.
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by economia: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
When will the form be on sale?

1 Like

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Meritocracy: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2015
kayone2:
A 3yr programme just to convert your HND certificate to a degree? Damn!!!

Are you telling me the 5yrs you spent to obtain your HND is equivalent to only one yr in a 4yr BSc programme? Shucks!!!

Even if you dont trust your own abilities, may be due to some unfortunate conditions under which you had your education, why would you so downgrade the HND in favour of a common BSc. That's the response universities want to get and by dancing to their tunes, you agree you don't really know your market worth. And you let them make a fool of you.

I know a number of HND holders who outperform their BSc work colleagues and are even earning more. It's all about what a person is capable of. As an HND holder with 2yrs work experience, my next step will be a Masters degree in the UK. And great schools that will take me are many and waiting. So you berra think straight and pray rude HND holders won't catch you with this mediocre mindset. Trust Nairalanders for verbal abuse.
Can someone go for master in UK after two years experience?
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
Meritocracy:

Can someone go for master in UK after two years experience?

i eventually opted for a PGD locally. But i remember Wolverhampton and Birmingham City Universities are 2 of the schools a friend and former classmate living in the UK found and recommended for me back then when i was still enquiring.
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Kollysman1: 7:15am On Jan 20, 2016
DONALDC:
Do u guys notice that this program is strickly for engineering disciplines. Accredited engineering pgd are ran for 2year.

Please I need Accredited Schools for PGD in Elect/Elect Engineering.
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by MORANOCEE(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
Are you a working class Adult or Business owner with either a HND or professional Qualifications like ACCA, ACA, ACIA, CITN etc and wishes to have a business related degree? Don't worry, Contact: +2349093839041 or e-mail: ahuscnigeria@ahusc.net to get your qualification converted to a degree within one year, based on experiential credits, from an accredited U.S University. You can also enroll for an online BBA or MBA with thousands of Dollars as Scholarship. Short Duration program are also available in marketing, Accounting, Purchasing and Business Law. Contact: +2349093839041 or +2347030083306
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by sirtony5: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
Please I have a question.
If one successfully top up his HND to BSc with a recognized school in Nigeria, how possible can you proceed to master abroad ? The reason for my question is this, I read in one school in Canada that for you to be considered for masters, you must have BSc with study period of not less than 3yrs.

My fear is that, if you top up in 2yrs, won't this be reflected in your result and thereby falling short of the above threshold?

Please a well informed individual should clear me on this.
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Riskyphenomenon: 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
I understand your fear. But while the certificate is issued, it won't indicate the year of entry. And the school regulations (especially the one we cordinate presently in my town, Ife, that's even 2 years but 3 sessions) will require u take some 100 & 200 levels courses, which means u partake in all the university levels. So, the school can't see u as just 2 years or 3 years student. I hope I answer ur question.

1 Like

Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by Riskyphenomenon: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
For more information on the concerned topic, 2-year conversion program, pls contact this line: 08099334429
Re: Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme by HILCROWN(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2021
Can someone answer this question. I just finished lautech top-up program

sirtony5:
Please I have a question.
If one successfully top up his HND to BSc with a recognized school in Nigeria, how possible can you proceed to master abroad ? The reason for my question is this, I read in one school in Canada that for you to be considered for masters, you must have BSc with study period of not less than 3yrs.

My fear is that, if you top up in 2yrs, won't this be reflected in your result and thereby falling short of the above threshold?

Please a well informed individual should clear me on this.

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank's Employment / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.