Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA (13719 Views)

"All Eyes On The Judiciary" Billboard Erected In Abuja - Photos / Enugu Raises Alarm Over Illegal Connection Of Establishments' Electricity Line / Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by Born2conquer: 6:41am On Mar 30, 2021
Shellsploit:
Hope they wont come to obawole in ifako, lagos.
Na to demolish all structures in that vicinity.
If it’s under the powerline, properties in that vicinity would be destroyed sooner or later

1 Like

Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by Born2conquer: 6:42am On Mar 30, 2021
Penguin2:
This guy should be called to order.

He is now doing too much.

Ugwuanyi doesn't know that this guy is further tarnishing his already bastardized name.

But I guess the fat madam doesn't care.
On doing the right thing? If one of the lines drops and kills thousands of people under the power line.. who will you hold?
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by Born2conquer: 6:43am On Mar 30, 2021
Atlas9:

That electricity installation is a national grid power line. YOU DON'T BUILD NEAR THEM.

For 133 kV Power lines you have to maintain 30 metres distance. For 230 kV Power lines you have to maintain 45 metres distance. For 345 kV Power lines you have to maintain 75 metres distance. For 400 kv power lines, you have to maintain 154 meters.

GOOGLE THIS YOURSELF. THESE ARE INTERNATIONAL CONVENTIONS.
I just don’t understand Nigeria, this is a standard in any COUNTRY but Nigerians would intentionally buy and sell lands under those lines because of fast gain and cone out to blame the country later

1 Like

Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by aikyg(m): 6:53am On Mar 30, 2021
This man needs to take it easy with the demolitions. More and more people have accused him of using his office to settle scores with perceived enemies.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by anenymasng(m): 7:06am On Mar 30, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
They believe God will protect them but they fail to understand this

Because the narrative had changed by then. God was now favouring the Christians and not the jews. They had already incurred the blood curse and were paying for their sins.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by steam74: 7:16am On Mar 30, 2021
Atlas9:

That electricity installation is a national grid power line. YOU DON'T BUILD NEAR THEM.

For 133 kV Power lines you have to maintain 30 metres distance. For 230 kV Power lines you have to maintain 45 metres distance. For 345 kV Power lines you have to maintain 75 metres distance. For 400 kv power lines, you have to maintain 154 meters.

Why did the responsible agencies allow buildings to be erected and lived in for years before coming to demolish them?
I would have expected them to conduct regular inspections of their facilities so that way they can detect violations early and correct them which would save both parties time and money.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:02am On Mar 30, 2021
stanley000:
what more awareness do ppl need? When a client wants to start a project he says " no need doing a survey or even paying an achitect, i have a bricklayer already lets go to site and hit the ground running " 4-5years time this is what they will get. Ppl just have problems following the law.

You have said it all...
People have issues obeying the law but cry wolf when they are dealt with by the law.. any sensible person would never build under that Lines ..
I was with a Big brother and he showed me his building plan drawn by an architect and approved by the state government where he lives, also his land is approved by the government with his CO issued etc what it means is that if government wants to demolish his structure and that of others in that area or wants to make use of that area for any purpose, he personally would be fully and fully compensated coz he followed due process, as for the enugu demolishing, no govt would approve anybody to build under such Power lines, hence the demolishing without compensation..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by southpole: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2021
Trimjos:
Uguwanyi is unarguably the worst governor Enugu state have gotten since inception.

Someone said somewhere that fat people are always clueless when it comes to leadership

Buhari is too fat
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by mechanics(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2021
He shouldn't have modified the building plan.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by vitusotti: 10:22am On Mar 30, 2021
haba...take am easy bro. the said building was built on powerline na. This is against the law.

Trimjos:
Uguwanyi is unarguably the worst governor Enugu state have gotten since inception.

Someone said somewhere that fat people are always clueless when it comes to leadership

Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by edoairways: 10:30am On Mar 30, 2021
tivity101:
Erecting a structure on pipelines or building under high tension lines is a big risk. Nigerians should desist from it.

Sorry for your loss bro
They wouldn't listen until the power cable falls on them
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by edoairways: 10:33am On Mar 30, 2021
Born2conquer:
Do we really want this country to be better? Then let’s applaud the government when they do the right thing! And now complain.

I noticed Nigerians don’t really hate corruption, they hTe it when they don’t benefir from it.

1)There’s a standard RULE everywhere and it’s that “NO LAND UNDER THE POWERLINE SHOULD BE SOLD AND NO STRUCTURE SHOULD BE ERECTED ON IT”

It doesn’t matter how long you’ve built any structure on it, the property must be brought down sooner or later by the government and ghe government owes nobody an apology.

Do you know how deadly a power line is? If one of the line should drop (wire drops , it can happen in any country), everybody in that area would be BURNT within seconds, giess who we will blame?

There was a period i was planning on getting a land and the omo onile (God bless them) told me they can’t sell thr land i want because it is under the power line.

Before you buy any land, CONFIRM FIRST if it it not under GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION.

Let the properties be demolished
Exactly
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by gillpat: 10:36am On Mar 30, 2021
it is even very dangerous to live near the power line. He could have been electrocuted oneday

GOOGLE THIS YOURSELF. THESE ARE INTERNATIONAL CONVENTIONS. [/quote]
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by littlejohny: 10:38am On Mar 30, 2021
I feel for him but then, the right thing should be done regardless of who is involved.

We all are aware that it is against the law to erect a structure close to a powerline. This is one of the consequences of flouting the law. I believe this will serve as a warning to anyone who has the intention of doing the same thing.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by gillpat: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2021
It is only in a country like Nigeria that one will wake up one day and starts building without the approval of the Government Authority
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by Freedomforever(m): 10:43am On Mar 30, 2021
Sorry for your lose,but let's try and do the needful by obying layed down rules.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by mazijohn: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2021
Some things are unarguable. How can one come one come out and start building in such a place? I dont know when some people will start having sense
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by kingssmart: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2021
This may look like a loss on his side now but in the real sense, it is not. He took a very dangerous step by erecting a structure on a power transmission line and waterway. If tragedy strikes tomorrow? He and his family will be wiped off.

Fellow Nigerians, let's be careful, please. It is only when you're alive that you can stay and enjoy your house. Therefore, do not build on a power transmission line. Safety first.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by emm4law: 11:00am On Mar 30, 2021
If this unlawful building plan is not controlled, one day some people who claim they have made heaven and earth will start building on the main road. Mtchewwww I dislike what i hate
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by chidinweke: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2021
This man must have being a stubborn man, why didnt he reply to the series of letters written to him? His commando style has earned him huge loss
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by henronwe: 11:12am On Mar 30, 2021
E be like say this Enugu residents too dey build anyhow? how person go come dey build this kind house near High tension wire, he wan die?
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by alexonyia: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2021
What were his thoughts when he erected the building on a power transmission line? That the government will turn a blind eye? It's impossible because that will make others sojourn on the same path. I hope he learns his lesson.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by marshalnnamani: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2021
That serves him right. If the government allows this to continue, some people may start building on the major roads.
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by jude33084(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2021
Penguin2:
This guy should be called to order.

He is now doing too much.

Ugwuanyi doesn't know that this guy is further tarnishing his already bastardized name.

But I guess the fat madam doesn't care.

Are you guys ok at all?
Re: Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA by xjiggy: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
Atlas9:

Why bother to educate them. They've already set in their minds to blame Govt for everything..... whether right or wrong. Don't build close Gas pipelines and electric installations, Nigerians will not hear. Same people condemning Govt are the same people that litter the street with Gala wrappers and plastic bottles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Nigeria May Break Up If APC Wins - Iyorchia Ayu / Electoral Disagreements Should Not Fester Beyond Polls – Fashola / Picture Of Mimiko And Akerodeolu......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.