Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins (23619 Views)

Why Onitsha Is Not An Igboland, It Belongs To Benins / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship / Benins Were The First Educated Nigerians. Dr Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Etinosa1234: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy:

Thry are true edos and they sub edos

The true edos are the edos that are less mixed
Edo and esan

Stop this segregation tho...

All edoid tribes such as Urhobo, etsako, esan, trace their origin to Benin..

It'll be bias if u regard them as less

All Edos are Edos irrespective of dialect
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by niggadee(m): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy:

Ijebus were tribes before Nigeria was formed
Yorubas were different tribes

These two tribes came together on their own to join as Yorubas
the ijebus omo obanta is 100% yoruba stop your deception

2 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
TAO12:
Thief!!! cheesy

Thief is using corner eye to covet us. We are not one of you, and we shall never be.

The relationship the royal house [of Lagos island] have is a maternally link to Benin through king Ado’s mom.

Binis, be contented with your low-self esteem. cheesy

Is not today i know you have a brown teeth caused from too much lieing....

Now keep shut
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
What does he have to say this time? Any sense?

gregyboy:
[s]Is not today i know you have a brown teeth caused from too much lieing....

Now keep shut[/s]
Mtcheew, nothing sensible as usual. Okay.

cheesy
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy is still the most consistent liar among all my slaves.

Some of them would say Owan, Etsako, etc. are not really Edos/Binis •••

••• because of their confession to conquest and slave-raiding by Ogedengbe.

In the same breath, my slaves come to another thread to say those same people are in fact Edos/Binis •••

••• because they need population for some reason.

What can my slaves (i.e. Edos/Binis) not do to save face??

Literally nothing. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2021
tongue
UGBE634:
You be Goat o na auchi you go then you dae follow me dae nack teeth, it has been proven time and time again that Owan can hear central Esan,(such as Uromi,Irrua, Ewu) because Esan themselves are not one in language, someone will push a truck before a Man from Ekpoma will converse with a man from Ohordua efficiently. There are very few persons who love Edo the way I do and I have taken my time to study these dialects and languages. You will only see them as non Edos if you have a dismissive spirit and a mind made up against them. I have an ancestor from there and as a result in my younger days have been to Ewu, Ewohimi, and Ekpoma. My Father till date can speak fluent Esan. Some of his siblings who are Full Esans can't even speak up to his level. My grandfather is with multiple wives and one of them is Esan,another is Owan and another is Idoma, I grew up hearing these languages. an etsako man in a discussion I had with him about Oyakhilome interpreted the name Oyakhilome at first instance, I was amazed which could mean Oyaghilowmen in Benin meaning suffer nor go use me again,
Na you nor know Benin history Ozolua spent substantial part of his life fending off attacks from Afemai areas,that is Why the Afemai regard him as their father today.
If you want excerpt I can show you where a guy from Okpe(urhobos) was shocked when someone from Esan spoke and he went to meet to inquire what part of Okpe he is from and was shocked

And you had to start with you be goat you that is not goat you still believe izoduwa crap is real why would ever take you serious

I would have taken you serious with this your writeup but then again you're not really smart so you could be missing things up

So sorry bro what you wrote is absolute rubbish.... And it ain't t fact...

If you want to debate it i will call in an esan man and owan man to prove you wrong if they can hear each other

Owan and esan can here themselves... Lol they can hear few words from each other i will understand that

Back to ozolua you know nothing.... Bro

Esigie was the the one who was stationed in afemai waring,

Ozulua. Was station in esan.... And not afemai

People of oza ngogo and oza nisi are more related to benins than afemais who mixed with yorubas, igalas and fulanis

Please don't say what you dont know
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
Another one attached! cheesy

My slaves, don’t tell a lie. You won’t have to remember what you once said.

You all are liars, but gregyboy have so far proven to be a more consistent liar.

The rest of you all have simply been jumping back and forth with contradictions from other threads.

LMAO!

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
niggadee:
the ijebus omo obanta is 100% yoruba stop your deception

Tell that the ijebus that said they migrated from east africa not me bro
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
UGBE634:
You be Goat o na auchi you go then you dae follow me dae nack teeth, it has been proven time and time again that Owan can hear central Esan,(such as Uromi,Irrua, Ewu) because Esan themselves are not one in language, someone will push a truck before a Man from Ekpoma will converse with a man from Ohordua efficiently. There are very few persons who love Edo the way I do and I have taken my time to study these dialects and languages. You will only see them as non Edos if you have a dismissive spirit and a mind made up against them. I have an ancestor from there and as a result in my younger days have been to Ewu, Ewohimi, and Ekpoma. My Father till date can speak fluent Esan. Some of his siblings who are Full Esans can't even speak up to his level. My grandfather is with multiple wives and one of them is Esan,another is Owan and another is Idoma, I grew up hearing these languages. an etsako man in a discussion I had with him about Oyakhilome interpreted the name Oyakhilome at first instance, I was amazed which could mean Oyaghilowmen in Benin meaning suffer nor go use me again,
Na you nor know Benin history Ozolua spent substantial part of his life fending off attacks from Afemai areas,that is Why the Afemai regard him as their father today.
If you want excerpt I can show you where a guy from Okpe(urhobos) was shocked when someone from Esan spoke and he went to meet to inquire what part of Okpe he is from and was shocked

.This is your very comment....

This is what i told Truthvalue until he accuse if an unkown agenda...

Now you came for my head because i said true edos

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
TAO12:
Another one attached! cheesy

My slaves, don’t tell a lie. You won’t have to remember what you once said.

You all are liars, but gregyboy have so far proven to be a more consistent liar.

The rest of you all have simply been jumping back and forth with contradictions from other threads.

LMAO!

You know why i still talk to you, regardless you're computed lieing machine youre smart...

If it wasnt for me... You would have landgrab benin history from my benin brothers....

You be fool... At d screenshot

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
Does he have something reasonable to say this time around??

gregyboy:
[s]You know why i still talk to you, regardless you're computed lieing machine youre smart...

If it wasnt for me... You would have landgrab benin history from my benin brothers....

You be fool... At d screenshot[/s]

Oh okay nothing as usual.

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
@gregyboy;

Why did you attach a picture of that Ile-Ife son to your last comment?

How does it relate to the crap your wrote.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
TAO12:
@gregyboy;

Why did you attach a picture of that Ile-Ife son to your last comment?

How does it relate to the crap your wrote.

Looking for attention to draw a conversation

Go snd check my mentions before you took your break and reply them..

If you have anything new spit it out
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Looking for attention to draw a conversation
Go snd check my mentions before you took your break and reply them..

If you have anything new spit it out[/s]
You didn’t tell a new lie in your last set of craps.

They were the craps I already debunked on those very pages.

So, why should I debunk them more than once?

Tell me why.

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2021
I’m planning a visit to Benin city in December.

Specifically to visit the Museum. I need to take some pictures of some artifacts in as part of the exhibit for a publication I’m working on.

Anyone willing to show me around just for the 3-day visit?

gregyboy, UGBE634, Etinosa1234, samuk, AreaFada2, Truthvalue;

Do you all know anyone who will be on ground and willing to take me around?

I would pay them.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
TAO12:

Specifically to visit the Museum. I need to take some pictures of some artifacts in as part of the exhibit for a publication I’m working on.

I would pay them.

I will love to see your works and shatter them... The way i do here.....
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]I will love to see your works and shatter them... The way i do here.....[/s]
Sorry oo.

No cry! cheesy

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
But if you know anyone in Benin who is willing to help me around, please let me know. I’m begging.

Thanks.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
TAO12:
gregyboy is still the most consistent liar among all my slaves.

Some of them would say Owan, Etsako, etc. are not really Edos/Binis •••

••• because of their confession to conquest and slave-raiding by Ogedengbe.

In the same breath, my slaves come to another thread to say those same people are in fact Edos/Binis •••

••• because they need population for some reason.

What can my slaves (i.e. Edos/Binis) not do to save face??

Literally nothing. grin
What population do they have, maybe there is no way I would explain to you without you getting confused, see it has more to do with naming and nothing more, the very comment I quoted was like Edo and Bini are different I had to let him know that the tribe called Bini call themselves Edo.I said by ancestry, DNA and descent, they are Edos, I stated out those qualities, am I in anyway wrong if I say so. Would an Owan man not be right if he say he is Edo if he say so he would because by blood he is. That is why the video you posted pointed out a group of people who genetics traced to Edo. That is DNA and genetics recognized that there is a mass number of people known as Edo by blood.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
UGBE634:
[s]What population do they have, maybe there is no way I would explain to you without you getting confused, see it has more to do with naming and nothing more, the very comment I quoted was like Edo and Bini are different I had to let him know that the tribe called Bini call themselves Edo.I said by ancestry, DNA and descent, they are Edos, I stated out those qualities, am I in anyway wrong if I say so. Would an Owan man not be right if he say he is Edo if he say so he would because by blood he is. That is why the video you posted pointed out a group of people who genetics traced to Edo. That is DNA and genetics recognized that there is a mass number of people known as Edo by blood.[/s]
Lad, go and explain yourself to your brother gregyboy. grin

Go explain to him that they are not Edo, but also EDO by their Genetic make-up. LMAO! grin grin

Carry your shameless contradiction to him, and leave my mention now. Alele! cheesy

As regards population, suppose your population is “x”, and theirs is “y”:

What do you notice between “x” and “x+y”? grin

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
TAO12:
Lad, go and explain yourself to your brother gregyboy. grin

Go explain to him that they are not Edo, but also EDO by their Genetic make-up. LMAO! grin grin

Carry your shameless contradiction to him, and leave my mention now. Alele! cheesy

As regards population, suppose your population is “x”, and theirs is “y”:

What do you notice between “x” and “x+y”? grin

How old am I, pally Iriase is 66, Ozekhome is 64, the greatest Pan Edo are not even Binis. Anthony Enahoro is not from Bini. Inasmuch as it is a tag name of us the Binis, the other groups are entitled to the tag just as we because blood nor know Edoids na Edo blood know
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
UGBE634:
[s]How old am I, pally Iriase is 66, Ozekhome is 64, the greatest Pan Edo are not even Binis. Anthony Enahoro is not from Bini. Inasmuch as it is a tag name of us the Binis, the other groups are entitled to the tag just as we because blood nor know Edoids na Edo blood know[/s]
Are you deaf to go and explain your foolishness and contradiction to your brother??

Go and explain to him that those groups are Edo by blood and Genetic make-up, but also not Edo.

Oya, before I open my eyes alele

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy:

And you had to start with you be goat you that is not goat you still believe izoduwa crap is real why would ever take you serious

I would have taken you serious with this your writeup but then again you're not really not smart so you could be missing things up

So sorry bro what you wrote is absolute rubbish.... And is not fact...

If you want to debate it i will call in an esan man and owan man to prove you wrong if they can hear each other

Owan and esan can here themselves... Lol they can hear few words from each other i will understand that

Back to ozolua you know nothing.... Bro

Esigie was the the one who was stationed in afemai waring,

Ozulua. Was station in esan.... And not afemai

People of oza ngogo and oza nisi are more related to benins than afemais who mixed with yorubas, igalas and fulanis

Please don't say what you dont know
My brother you nor know anything, Owan dae hear central Esan and it is not in contention,
The people Ogendegbe captured were from Owan and Etsako, and Akoko Edo but Genetics traced them to Benin kingdom not Oyo, not Igbo, but Benin kingdom what does that tell you that the mass of this people are Edo by blood, they might have gotten some cultural mix, maybe a little mix but it is far less than the people they met there. Their 'mix' is cultural and maybe linguistic whereby some of these groups take up yoruba as a second language but not by blood in the sense that the influx they received is now more than the Edos.
Don't be surprised,Oba might just be a yoruba man, her fact are Overwhelming, Ekiokpagha treaty is a big blow. At least not only me attested to this fact, Oba recount having something to do with them, whichever way we look at it, he is of the same stock as the Alaafin and many kings in Yoruba . he is yoruba my brother, I have accepted this truth.
My brother, you nor know anything, the Afemai regard Ozolua as their father, it is not in contention at all, he spent substantial part of his life, deterring attacks from that area, no wonder Tao called you empty, there was one thread I argued with her, on one of those excerpt it was there, the Owans have it in their record and we also have it in ours, why you are struggling with this basic fact of history is beyond me.

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Olu317(m): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy:

Tell that the ijebus that said they migrated from east africa not me bro
Migrated from Near of Yoruba may look as fairytale but Yoruba DNA has shown that we cluster with ancestors from Morroco with 12.5 % and 4-19 % Neanderthal DNA from Europe and Near East.

Yoruba of Ijebu if claims origin from Near East is still inline. After all, Esan, Gambia Yoruba, Ewe, Mende in Sierra leone so little form of DNA link via intermarriages. So let Yoruba and face your minority Edo groups.

The African research is because of Yoruba history that has over 5000 research study on,which work taliies with Near East history ,which amazingly shock the Western world because they are looking for the myth as Yorubas.

You see, through genetic research ,Yoruba is gradually being classified as foreigners in their stronghold in Nigeria withhighlyt. Kindly face your minority Edo land and stop misleading yourself or others.

Funny, Bini has never been mentioned specifically on this genetic trend. While Esan has been mentioned .
Mind you, Edos women are highly traveled to European countries ,yet no information as regard this information. Guess what, the Yoruba ancestors were of iberomaursian in Morroco. Tell us, what were your ancestors history from world's perspective ?
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Olu317:
Migrated from Near of Yoruba may look as fairytale but Yoruba DNA has shown that we cluster with ancestors from Morroco with 12.5 % and 4-19 % Neanderthal DNA from Europe and Near East.

Yoruba of Ijebu if claims origin from Near East is still inline. After all, Esan, Gambia Yoruba, Ewe, Mende in Sierra leone so little form of DNA link via intermarriages. So let Yoruba and face your minority Edo groups.

The African research is because of Yoruba history that has over 5000 research study on,which work taliies with Near East history ,which amazingly shock the Western world because they are looking for the myth as Yorubas.

You see, through genetic research ,Yoruba is gradually being classified as foreigners in their stronghold in Nigeria withhighlyt. Kindly face your minority Edo land and stop misleading yourself or others.

Funny, Bini has never been mentioned specifically on this genetic trend. While Esan has been mentioned .
Mind you, Edos women are highly traveled to European countries ,yet no information as regard this information. Guess what, the Yoruba ancestors were of iberomaursian in Morroco. Tell us, what were your ancestors history from world's perspective ?
My brother Esan and Bini na the same thing leave Edo out of your fairytale
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Etinosa1234: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
TAO12:

I would pay them.

Lol.. I doubt u have plans to reveal ur identity on nairaland
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Olu317:

We are aborigines, of our location, the original yorubas have been mixed with slaves from Cameroon and togo and co

Soon we will kick you guys and thr fulani off the Nigeria lands
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
Etinosa1234:

lol you wan beat am

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
Etinosa1234:

She is bluffing, she knows the benin-ife is a lie
She is just catching cruise debating us

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Etinosa1234: 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
UGBE634:
lol you wan beat am

Married woman??

U wan make the husband come find me

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
Etinosa1234:
I intentionally didn’t ask any of you to show me around. I specifically said recommend someone.

Oh I must add that the person must be a driver.

See them in Benin city in December.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO12: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
gregyboy:
She is bluffing, she knows the benin-ife is a lie
She is just catching cruise debating us
Yes, only IFE-Benin exists.

Father-IFE/Son-Benin classical relationship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest / South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.