Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi (3862 Views)

2023: We Insist On Southern President, Not Yoruba President –afenifere / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by EzeNri(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blacklion3:

So you don't know he is silently subbing the igbos?
How come a tribe with no history will now be a Percussor of a tribe that is able to trace it's history to Sudan grin
Is that what Yoruba media tells you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by EzeNri(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
seunmsg:

Ife was never Igboland. The ethnic group currently known as Igbo migrated from Ile Ife so many years ago just like other groups.
Go and tell that to your Ooni, Prof Obayemi and our history.

Ife is Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by seunmsg(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
EzeNri:

Go and tell that to your Ooni, Prof Obayemi and our history.

Ife is Igboland.

Yeah, same way Igbos own 90% of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by EzeNri(m): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
seunmsg:

Lagos is not Yorubaland. That one na confirmed fact

4 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Hellraiser77: 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
seunmsg:

Obatala was the head of the 13 clans that made up Ile Ife before the arrival of Oduduwa. He was defeated and driven to Ugbo. Ugbo is still in existence till today in Ondo state. Ugbo has nothing to do with Igbo.
Ugbo people of modern day ondo state were part of the Aboriginals of ife, But the list is quite long including the Ado and countless others who are today scattered across much of Southern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
I understand your obsession with everything Yoruba.

It's just like the black man's obsession with everything American.

The tendency to always try to piggyback on your betters is overwhelming in your case.

If ever the Ooni mentioned something like this, then here is who he was referring to:

The Ugbo people that now currently inhabit a part of Ondo state close to the riverine area.

They were a part of Ile-Ife and their father was the chief consort for Oduduwa, Oranfe the man who brought out fire from his mouth.

Till today, his house is called Oranfe, onile ina (House of Fire)

The first born of that chief consort behaved badly and sought to inherit his father while he was still alive but on a journey with Oduduwa. The son had thought his father would die on the journey but his father came back and banished him forever.

He left Side and began to inhabit the surrounding forest close to Ife. That's why they are called Ugbo or Igbo people. Note that Igbo in Yoruba means bush or forest. So in other words, they were the bush people.

The man became their first king, i.e the Olugbo of Igbo/Ugbo kingdom which kingdom still exists somewhere in Ondo state today.

It was these same Ugbo/Igbo people who used to carry out raids on Ife people, whom Queen Moremi defeated and wrote her name in gold forever.

Sorry to disappoint you expansionist land grabbers and land thieves, the Igbo or Ugbo mentioned in connection with Ife is not the Biafrans of today.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by seunmsg(m): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hellraiser77:
Ugbo people of modern day ondo state were part of the Aboriginals of ife, But the list is quite long including the Ado and countless others who are today scattered across much of Southern Nigeria

True.
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Resurrection212: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
I have been wondering how you guys claiming to know it all headed up of mocking yourself. The likes you got here just show that average of igbo people are stark illiterate.

In the 18th and 19th century, the standard rule was to say ‘an historian’, but over the course of the 20th century, American English has tended to shift away from that and say ‘a historian’. But British English still tends to say ‘an historian’. Even despite that Nigeria are using British version .I grew up watching a lot of British television shows and apparently this somehow crept into my English, because ‘an historian’ simply feels natural to me and ‘a historian’ feels clumsy. Every time I try to say it the American way, it just feels ugly and wrong.
EzeNri:

Only Yorubas say an historian.

It's actually a historian. Yorubas find it difficult pronouncing letter H.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Barryseal: 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
Does ile ife have a Yoruba meaning? It actually does have a perfect meaning in Igbo. That should be a pointer that an Igbo man actually named that town. This information is hidden in plain sight.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by EzeNri(m): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
FrLukas:
I understand your obsession with everything Yoruba.

It's just like the black man's obsession with everything American.

The tendency to always try to piggyback on your betters is overwhelming in your case.

If ever the Ooni mentioned something like this, then here is who he was referring to:

The Ugbo people that now currently inhabit a part of Ondo state close to the riverine area.

They were a part of Ile-Ife and their father was the chief consort for Oduduwa, Oranfe the man who brought out fire from his mouth.

Till today, his house is called Oranfe, onile ina (House of Fire)

The first born of that chief consort behaved badly and sought to inherit his father while he was still alive but on a journey with Oduduwa. The son had thought his father would die on the journey but his father came back and banished him forever.

He left Side and began to inhabit the surrounding forest close to Ife. That's why they are called Ugbo or Igbo people. Note that Igbo in Yoruba means bush or forest. So in other words, they were the bush people.

The man became their first king, i.e the Olugbo of Igbo/Ugbo kingdom which kingdom still exists somewhere in Ondo state today.

It was these same Ugbo/Igbo people who used to carry out raids on Ife people, whom Queen Moremi defeated and wrote her name in gold forever.

Sorry to disappoint you expansionist land grabbers and land thieves, the Igbo or Ugbo mentioned in connection with Ife is not the Biafrans of today.
I rather believe your Ooni than you. In the fullness of time, we will come for our land.

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by EzeNri(m): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Resurrection212:
I have been wondering how you guys claiming to know everything headed up of mocking yourself. The likes you got here just show that average of igbo people are stark illiterate.

In the 18th and 19th century, the standard rule was to say ‘an historian’, but over the course of the 20th century, American English has tended to shift away from that and say ‘a historian’. But British English still tends to say ‘an historian’. Even despite that Nigeria are using British version .I grew up watching a lot of British television shows and apparently this somehow crept into my English, because ‘an historian’ simply feels natural to me and ‘a historian’ feels clumsy. Every time I try to say it the American way, it just feels ugly and wrong.
Werey dey disguise
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by EzeNri(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
Barryseal:
Does ile ife have a Yoruba meaning? It actually does have a perfect meaning in Igbo. That should be a pointer that an Igbo man actually named that town. This information is hidden in plain sight.
Seunmsg
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by seunmsg(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
Barryseal:

House/land of love.
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Obamaofusa: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
EzeNri:
So, Yorubas, learn to respect your host

You mean that the Igbos also fled Ile Ife too?

This run,run thing,na wah o.
Ojukwu tried well,well.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Obamaofusa: 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
EzeNri:

Lagos is not Yorubaland. That one na confirmed fact

He who owns the land,sells the land.

But na Yorubas only dey sell land in Lagos.
Why sir?
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by EzeNri(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
Obamaofusa:

He who owns the land,sells the land.
But na Yorubas only dey sell land in Lagos. Why sir?
Fulanis are allocating and renaming lands in Jos and Ogun, do they own them?

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by OBALOLA55(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
EzeNri:

Obatala is Nri Priest and Igbo King in Ife before Oduduwa the usurper came.

Ife means light in Igbo
STOP EDUCATING SEUNMSG ABOUT HIS LINEAGE.
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by OBALOLA55(m): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
seunmsg:

House/land of love.
LOL TELL THAT TO SOMEONE THAT DOESN’T UNDERSTAND YORUBA cheesy YOU FORGOT TO TELL TELL THEM THAT THE PRONUNCIATION IS CONFLICTING grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by OBALOLA55(m): 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
569nineee:
[s][/s]
THIS JOBLESS BENIN BENIN BOY CALLED NGADAAWO DON RESUME HIS WORK AGAIN grin
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by OBALOLA55(m): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
seunmsg:

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF OBATALA IN YORUBA LANGUAGE grin
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Obamaofusa: 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
EzeNri:

Fulanis are allocating and renaming lands in Jos and Ogun, do they own them?

Eguns are allocating and renaming lands in America, do they own them,Clown?

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by ablejesus26(m): 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
the hatred is mutual. There shall be no headway in this country especially the South until the Igbos and Yoruba bury their childish hatchet which is instigated funny enough by their political elite. I travel a lot, I've seen amongst the ordinary man that they don't really give a damn about your tribe, just be fair in your dealings with him/her and they'll value you even higher than their brothers but unity amongst the ordinary man is not in the best interest of these wicked politicians

It's really heart warming to see people whose thinking caps are not worn out.
It's good for people to travel it really helps navigate our socio-interaction alot

I hustled in Oyo jabata precisely for 2yrs I have been to all states in SW apart from Kwara and I tell you this guys do not have time for the rubbish jobless mofos are talking about here

Everyone just comes out to hustle to beat the hardened condition this failed Country keeps dishing out.

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
[s]
EzeNri:

I rather believe your Ooni than you. In the fullness of time, we will come for our land.
[/s]

I know you aren't Igbo anyway, you must be one of those aboki children stolen from the North and trafficked to Anambra because I know a real Igbo won't be spewing sewer stuff from the recesses of his mind, capable of endangering his kith and kin in another man's land.

Feel free to stop quoting me now. I've already lost some brain cells trying to understand the degree of your ailment.
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by OfoIgbo: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
hotwax:
Ife aboriginals were Ugbo, not Igbo.

Its like saying Sunday Igboho is Igbo because it has 'Igbo' in its pronunciation.

Thats what you get when you crown yahoo boys.

Oba Iwo already claimed Iwo is a fulani land..

Next Osogbo belongs to Ijaws

And we have Onugbo of Ugbo.. The king even claimed they are the real Yorubas. He claimed Yorubas already existed before Oduduwa came. Oduduwa met Yoruba culture.

No ooni yahoo king is claiming Ugbo people are Igbo...what the hell

Do Ugbo people also have an Eze Nri?

Don't you think it makes better sense for me to believe the historical opinion of Ooni of Ife, than by a person named HOTWAX grin grin grin

You have to know Igbos are way too ancient. MDW Jeffreys even recorded that Eze Nri Obalike (the last true Eze Nri in the mould of ancient Eze Nris) crowned Oba of Benin.

The title OBA, is an Umu Nri title. The title is born by Nri people and some other Igbos now. The departed Eze Nri Obidiegwu Onyesoh, was an Oba, before he ascended the ancient royal stool as Eze Nri Enwelana II, in honour of his great grand father who was the Eze Nri Enwelana I.

Igbos are way more ancient that Igodomigodo (which is even an Nri offshoot), Benin and Ife.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by emitope: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
God bless you for this!
MASTAkiLLAh:
the hatred is mutual. There shall be no headway in this country especially the South until the Igbos and Yoruba bury their childish hatchet which is instigated funny enough by their political elite. I travel a lot, I've seen amongst the ordinary man that they don't really give a damn about your tribe, just be fair in your dealings with him/her and they'll value you even higher than their brothers but unity amongst the ordinary man is not in the best interest of these wicked politicians

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by Christistruth00: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
hotwax:
Ife aboriginals were Ugbo, not Igbo.

Its like saying Sunday Igboho is Igbo because it has 'Igbo' in its pronunciation.

Thats what you get when you crown yahoo boys.

Oba Iwo already claimed Iwo is a fulani land..

Next Osogbo belongs to Ijaws

And we have Onugbo of Ugbo.. The king even claimed they are the real Yorubas. He claimed Yorubas already existed before Oduduwa came. Oduduwa met Yoruba culture.

No ooni yahoo king is claiming Ugbo people are Igbo...what the hell

Ekiti ,Ijesha,Ijebu,Ilaje,Owu ,Akoko are all of Ancient Ugbo ancestry.

They are the Ones that can be dragging Ile Ife not those on the other side of the Niger River.

1 Like

Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
emitope:
God bless you for this!
amen, and you too
Re: Why Ife Is Not Yoruba Land, It Belongs To The Igbos - Ooni And Prof Ade Obayemi by chrisblack: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
Obalatule:
Thats common knowledge, Aboriginal ife people were of igbo stock and yoruba learnt to use the word "Oba" from them, even though they mixed up the real meaning
All of you should just shut up .Talking about stuffs you no nothing about. The igbo he's talking about in not the igbo as from the east but that of Ugbo as in forest ,thick. He's talking about The people of Ugbo that's were OBAT rules the owner of OBAT petroleum.
Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan (born 1950) is a Nigerian monarch, the traditional ruler of Ugbo Kingdom, a town in Ilaje Local Government, Ondo State, southwestern Nigeria. He is an oil magnate and founder of Obat Oil, one of Nigeria's largest and leading privately held oil companies
Ile- ife also known as ugbomokun was first dominated by the ugbomokun aboriginal Enakiri people.
Read this for an introduction to deliverance from stupidity
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=308612693037738&id=168091283756547
. Ugbo throne is the oldest in yorubaland. An if you have ever hear of the story of moremi?.The history was based on the attack of the Ugbo warriors from Obats Ugbo kingdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agric Revolution: Bayelsa Partners CBN To Boost Food Production / See The Way Buhari Is Looking At Osinbajo. PHOTOS / Poor Attendance Mar Labour Party Rally In Uyo , Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.