Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. (490 Views)

Sowore: The FG Is Fighting Obi & Datti Because They Are Partners In Crime / Buhari – Few Nigerians Abroad Are Giving Us Bad Name By Engaging In Crime / Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
Crime is not a good thing no matter how it may be justified . But have any Nigeria sat down in a while and asked herself why many Nigeria youths involved in different kind of crime ? A Government that cared for it citizen we seek to alleviate suffering of it citizen in other to reduce crime but in Nigeria reverse is the case. Now let take a look on why many Nigeria involved in Crime.

No social welfare to Nigeria citizen by Government, why can't insecurity increase? A country that can not pay old people grant, even those who their pension suppose to pay they are not being paid i wonder what they want the aging people to survive with. No medical aid whosoever you have to struggle to pay any medical bill and no hospital will offer treatment without money, i wonder where they expect an average family to get the money. No child grant, No accidentally fund, No disability grants above all no unemployment benefits. So tell me how an average family of a young able body will offset all this bill having old age parent who government can't even offer any assistance not to talk of paying his pension at when due , even those who manage to venture into agriculture, Fulani herdsmen will used there cow to destroy all what they have laboured for .

With all this mentions above tell me what will not make an average individual not to commit crime in other to meet up with those expenses and this is basic thing That every sensible Government around the world rendered free to it citizen. That is why you see many Nigeria travel to different countries doing all what they can in other to meet up with those expenses government ought to have offer to Nigerians.

I bet you if Nigeria Government were to offered half of this social welfare i did mentioned or paid pensionier at when due majority of youths will not involved themselves in Crime, let me use a country like South Africa as an example because if I should used Europeans country or US some will say that they are developed country. A south africa citizen recieve R350 ( N9100) unemployment grant every month, Child grant R450 (N 11700 ) from age of 0 to 18yrs monthly . Old age grant R1750 ( N45,500 ) from 60yrs monthly. Disability grant R1750 ( N45,500 ) monthly. Foster care grant R1000 (N 26000 ) . free medical system to every citizens , Free housing to less privilege one in the society, free education from grade 1 to 12 i.e primary 1 to SS3. with all the above university student is still protesting that university should be free.

Many countries around the world offered the same or more to Social welfare to there citizen that is why you don't see most of there Citizen doing all they can to meet up those basic need by involving themselves in different type of crime. Nigeria Government should atleat emulate South Africa social welfare system it will reduce crime tremendously .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
Nigeria Government should atleat emulate South Africa social welfare system it will reduce crime tremendously .

Are you ready to pay the taxes required to maintain a welfare state? 20-35 percent depending in your income level. It makes more sense just making eliminating policies that are hurting the nigerian economy and being tough on crime.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blue3k:

Are you ready to pay the taxes required to maintain a welfare state? 20-35 percent depending in your income level. It makes more sense just making eliminating policies that are hurting the nigerian economy and being tough on crime.
South Africa is not richer than Nigeria why can't Nigeria emulate there Social welfare system that have helped to reduce poverty to it citizen and reduce crime. Paying taxes is one of responsibility of every citizens as long the taxes is going to be utilized properly to improve the life of citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2021
Nigeria is a very corrupt country.

Do you think you can force a Tinumbi, Dangote or Nigerian senators to pay 20-35% of their incomes as tax ?

Because the truth is businesses are not thriving so well in this country right now due to disorganized economy.

Does Nigeria have the political will to tax it's politicians and top civil servants 20-35% of their earnings to sustain the welfare system ?

If the answer is yes, then they should do that.

If I earn N1m monthly, I won't mind releasing N200k to N350k to govt to sustain the tax system.

When the man in power will tell you that it is to the north that the money should go to. Is there any NGO currently doing projects in any southern state ?

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
African Americans have loy of social welfares but still end of robbing and killing themselves.

Social welfare will create lot of entitled and more lazy youths.

Social welfare kills ambitions.

The only thing government need to provide is cheap housing, cheap medical welfare and good education
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
leave al this long talk....just three things failed the youths and making them indulge in crimes;
1. There family....many families are just not straight and organized simple.most roles have been left for only mothers to cater for.

2. The Religious homes.....Both our churches and mosques have failed the youths.ask and research deep on these.

3. The society....here i mean the government and the system. no one is working and no one cares..so the youths must survive by doing whatsoever will keep there body and mind going.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
African Americans have loy of social welfares but still end of robbing and killing themselves.

Social welfare will create lot of entitled and more lazy youths.

Social welfare kills ambitions.

The only thing government need to provide is cheap housing, cheap medical welfare and good education
So involving in Crime is being hardworking citizen, problem we have as a Nigeria is inability to emulate a good working system from other countries but will be quick to emulate any bad policy of any government.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by neolboy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
How i wish all these corrupt leaders are wiped out
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
South Africa is not richer than Nigeria why can't Nigeria emulate there Social welfare system that have helped to reduce poverty to it citizen and reduce crime. Paying taxes is one of responsibility of every citizens as long the taxes is going to be utilized properly to improve the life of citizen.

What do you collect in taxes compared to South Africa? What's your per capita GDP and poverty rate compared to south Africa? Nigeria is only "rich" of your looking at GDP. Nigeria trying to support a welfare state where almost half the workforce is unemployed would be brutal. The workforce will pay an ever increasing burden because the main issues with unemployment and povery are not being tackled.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
So involving in Crime is being hardworking citizen, problem we have as a Nigeria is inability to emulate a good working system from other countries but will be quick to emulate any bad policy of any government.

So you think crime will stop because of social welfares.

The n-power, you win and other welfare programs the country initiated, what has it done?

Were people not gaming all these welfares?
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
Nigeria is a very corrupt country.

Do you think you can force a Tinumbi, Dangote or Nigerian senators to pay 20-35% of their incomes as tax ?

Because the truth is businesses are not thriving so well in this country right now due to disorganized economy.

Does Nigeria have the political will to tax it's politicians and top civil servants 20-35% of their earnings to sustain the welfare system ?

If the answer is yes, then they should do that.

If I earn N1m monthly, I won't mind releasing N200k to N350k to govt to sustain the tax system.

When the man in power will tell you that it is to the north that the money should go to. Is there any NGO currently doing projects in any southern state ?
South Africa paid taxes the more you earn so is never a bad tax policy.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The n-power, you win and other welfare programs the country initiated, what has it done?

Were people not gaming all these welfares? .
N-power is a useless social welfare system that was setup in a bias manner.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Easternmind(m): 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:

Crime is not a good thing no matter how it may be justified . But have any Nigeria sat down in a while and asked herself why many Nigeria youths involved in different kind of crime ? A Government that cared for it citizen we seek to alleviate suffering of it citizen in other to reduce crime but in Nigeria reverse is the case. Now let take a look on why many Nigeria involved in Crime.

No social welfare to Nigeria citizen by Government, why can't insecurity increase? A country that can not pay old people grant, even those who their pension suppose to pay they are not being paid i wonder what they want the aging people to survive with. No medical aid whosoever you have to struggle to pay any medical bill and no hospital will offer treatment without money, i wonder where they expect an average family to get the money. No child grant, No accidentally fund, No disability grants above all no unemployment benefits. So tell me how an average family of a young able body will offset all this bill having old age parent who government can't even offer any assistance not to talk of paying his pension at when due , even those who manage to venture into agriculture, Fulani herdsmen will used there cow to destroy all what they have laboured for .

With all this mentions above tell me what will not make an average individual not to commit crime in other to meet up with those expenses and this is basic thing That every sensible Government around the world rendered free to it citizen. That is why you see many Nigeria travel to different countries doing all what they can in other to meet up with those expenses government ought to have offer to Nigerians.

I bet you if Nigeria Government were to offered half of this social welfare i did mentioned or paid pensionier at when due majority of youths will not involved themselves in Crime, let me use a country like South Africa as an example because if I should used Europeans country or US some will say that they are developed country. A south africa citizen recieve R350 ( N9100) unemployment grant every month, Child grant R450 (N 11700 ) from age of 0 to 18yrs monthly . Old age grant R1750 ( N45,500 ) from 60yrs monthly. Disability grant R1750 ( N45,500 ) monthly. Foster care grant R1000 (N 26000 ) . free medical system to every citizens , Free housing to less privilege one in the society, free education from grade 1 to 12 i.e primary 1 to SS3. with all the above university student is still protesting that university should be free.

Many countries around the world offered the same or more to Social welfare to there citizen that is why you don't see most of there Citizen doing all they can to meet up those basic need by involving themselves in different type of crime. Nigeria Government should atleat emulate South Africa social welfare system it will reduce crime tremendously .
Thanks for this.
But most top politicians in Nigeria,will not think properly or act like reasonable humans,only self gratification and how to steal more from national budget.
I don't judge,but God will judge some people with wrath and destruction.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Easternmind(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Were people not gaming all these welfares?
Oga,We are not talking about N-power,we are talking of grants and certain reasonable policies in saner countries,even pensions to retired workers are unpaid in the country,how do you want those ones to turn out well?
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
Easternmind:

Oga,We are not talking about N-power,we are talking of grants and certain reasonable policies in saner countries,even pensions to retired workers are unpaid in the country,how do you want those ones to turn out well?

N power is not welfare.

Youwin initiative by Goodluck was a grant, what did it solve. 1 to7 million were given to youths for farming, they all used it to marry and enjoy life.

The loans the government gave out recently, isnt grants.

Were people not gaming the system to take advantage of it.

Who told you people don't receive their pensions?
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blue3k:

What do you collect in taxes compared to South Africa? What's your per capita GDP and poverty rate compared to south Africa? Nigeria is only "rich" of your looking at GDP. Nigeria trying to support a welfare state where almost half the workforce is unemployed would be brutal. The workforce will pay an ever increasing burden because the main issues with unemployment and povery are not being tackled.

providing a chart have nothing to do with what I'm talking about if unemployment is high in Nigeria what are the causes, will South Africa come to Nigeria and tackle our unemployed system what is essence of our government? Oga you are not making sense let me remind you that our executive, legislature still one of the highest paid in this planet yet no workable amenities that will create sustainable job to our citizen. Again before I forget your president have just jetted out to a country that have a good medical system instead of fixing the one we have. Have you ever hear a South Africa president or Rwanda president traveling for medical abroad. Stop defending Nigeria Government because no reason why Nigeria should not be like any workable Government in the world.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

N power is not welfare.

Youwin initiative by Goodluck was a grant, what did it solve. 1 to7 million were given to youths for farming, they all used it to marry and enjoy life.

The loans the government gave out recently, isnt grants.

Were people not gaming the system to take advantage of it.

Who told you people don't receive their pensions?

N-power is a gambling system that have nothing to do with Social welfare for a citizen.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
providing a chart have nothing to do with what I'm talking about if unemployment is high in Nigeria what are the causes, will South Africa come to Nigeria and tackle our unemployed system what is essence of our government? Oga you are not making sense let me remind you that our executive, legislature still one of the highest paid in this planet yet no workable amenities that will create sustainable job to our citizen.

You're not rich and cant afford a welfare state without high taxes on a poor populace. The charts have everything to do with what your talking about. You claimes the country was rich than south Africa erroneously. Just because these currupt politicians waste money doesn't make the country rich.

Causes of unemployment would be policies like import bans and substitution that hurt industry, strong naira policy that overvalues naira and the fact the ease of doing business is so terrible. I would also argue the land use act is bad because it makes collateralizing land harder and make real estate less valuable than it would naturally be.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blue3k:

You're not rich and cant afford a welfare state without high taxes on a poor populace. The charts have everything to do with what your talking about. You claimes the country was rich than south Africa erroneously. Just because these currupt politicians waste money doesn't make the country rich.

Causes of unemployment would be policies like import bans and substitution that hurt industry, strong naira policy that overvalues naira and the fact the ease of doing business is so terrible. I would also argue the land use act is bad because it makes collateralizing land harder and make real estate less valuable than it would naturally be.
Those individuals and politician that are among the richest in the world and Africa, in which country did they make that money?
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:

All what you said is total rubbish Nigerians are illiterate and wherever in the world they will vote for a criminal
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
Those individuals and politician that are among the richest in the world and Africa, in which country did they make that money?

That doesn't make the nation itself rich. Wealth isnt measured by how much your politicians pay themselves. It's measured by metrics like percapita GDP, household wealth, GDP etc. You wouldn't claim Nigeria is richer than the state of Texas because Nigerian politicians pay them more than their Texas politicians.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blue3k:

That doesn't make the nation itself rich. Wealth isnt measured by how much your politicians pay themselves. It's measured by metrics like percapita GDP, household wealth, GDP etc. You wouldn't claim Nigeria is richer than the state of Texas because Nigerian politicians pay them more than their Texas politicians.
Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. No reason why our government should not provide such welfare system for it citizen except you are part of the system.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. No reason why our government should not provide such welfare system for it citizen except you are part of the system.

If you want to provide welfare just be prepared to for high taxes to fund it like I said in my initial comment. Funding welfare programs for a country where half the population doesnt have a job and desperately poor would be brutal on the budget. It makes more sense just addressing the systemic issues with unemployment and tackling criminality with better law enforcement tactics.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blue3k:

If you want to provide welfare just be prepared to for high taxes to fund it like I said in my initial comment. Funding welfare programs for a country where half the population doesnt have a job and desperately poor would be brutal on the budget. It makes more sense just addressing the systemic issues with unemployment and tackling criminality with better law enforcement tactics.
No one taxes unemployed on what they can't afford in a sane country, the taxes is pay as you earn. It means that if you don't earn you can't pay taxes so stop defending this useless government.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
No one taxes unemployed on what they can't afford in a sane country, the taxes is pay as you earn. It means that if you don't earn you can't pay taxes so stop defending this useless government.

I didnt say they taxed the unemployed stop acting strawmen. I said the government will have to increase taxes to fund this welfare state. These rates will have to be much higher on an already poor workforce. Remember half the population poor and unemployment.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blue3k:

I didnt say they taxed the unemployed stop acting strawmen. I said the government will have to increase taxes to fund this welfare state. These rates will have to be much higher on an already poor workforce. Remember half the population poor and unemployment.
The taxes should be pay as you earn, a poor man we pay accordingly while the rich we pay accordingly so the system works for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Efewestern: 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:

I understand your points but you just need to understand that South Africa is light years ahead of us, they have a higher tax ratio, they are also far richer and their unemployment rate is lower compared to a Nigeria.

We can't substain a welfare system with the current state of the nation. What we need to do presently is to look for ways to reduce unemployment.

How do we do that? Encourage local production, limit importation, fix security challenges and proper re-orientation of the masses. As we speak, we aren't productive as a people, until we tackle the root problem, we aren't going anywhere.
Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
The taxes should be pay as you earn, a poor man we pay accordingly while the rich we pay accordingly so the system works for everybody.

This doesn't change the facts the tax rates will increase substantially. When the federal government starts charging an income tax they will take at 20-30 percent on average to fund your welfare system. Have fun paying your you state and federal income taxes.

Since you like comparing Nigeria to South Africa here's their income tax brackets. Be ready to surrender at least 1/10 your money to the Government. Then the government still has to fund capital projects along with this new burden.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
Blue3k:

This doesn't change the facts the tax rates will increase substantially. When the federal government starts charging an income tax they will take at 20-30 percent on average to fund your welfare system. Have fun paying your you state and federal income taxes.

Since you like comparing Nigeria to South Africa here's their income tax brackets. Be ready to surrender at least 1/10 your money to the Government. Then the government still has to fund capital projects along with this new burden.
person like you is the reason why Nigeria are called educated illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by dignity33: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
Efewestern:

I understand your points but you just need to understand that South Africa is light years ahead of us, they have a higher tax ratio, they are also far richer and their unemployment rate is lower compared to a Nigeria.

We can't substain a welfare system with the current state of the nation. What we need to do presently is to look for ways to reduce unemployment.

How do we do that? Encourage local production, limit importation, fix security challenges and proper re-orientation of the masses. As we speak, we aren't productive as a people, until we tackle the root problem, we aren't going anywhere.

i know you are the same person called "BUk" keep on changing ID to justify your useless point.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Resurrection212: 7:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Average Nigerians don't know we are the problem of ourselves but not politicians. We put them there to represent us and we have every right to talk to them. I remembered French revolution of 1859. When people revolted against their leaders. We can do the same thing.
Easternmind:

Thanks for this.
But most top politicians in Nigeria,will not think properly or act like reasonable humans,only self gratification and how to steal more from national budget.
I don't judge,but God will judge some people with wrath and destruction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Many Nigeria Youth Involved In Crime. by Blue3k(m): 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
dignity33:
person like you is the reason why Nigeria are called educated illiterates.

Says the person who foolishly measures his countries wealth based on his politicians pay. If you want to fund your welfare state its going to take alot of tax revenue which requires higher tax rates. You dont have a counter argument to that. Who do you think this tax burden going to fall on to fund your welfare state?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Assembles 12 Billionaires For Her Book Launch - News Report / Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams / Biafra Activists, Uche, 22 Others Wanted By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.