Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams (490 Views)

Yorubas Have Metamorphosed From Restructuring To Self-determination- Gani Adams / Nigeria's Problems Far Beyond Restructuring, Sanusi Says / Buhari Should Begin The Process Of Restructuring To Make Atiku's Slogan Irreleva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by Tofax: 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
Are Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams has said that the Yoruba nation has gone beyond restructuring, and currently pressing for self determination.

Adams maintained that the unfolding events happening in Yorubaland has made him to be reluctant to speak on restructuring, pointing out that the opinion of Yoruba people is that they have graduated from restructuring to self-determination.

Are spoke on Wednesday at a book launch themed: “Roundtable Discussion on Economy and Restructuring in Nigeria”. He said, “In my view, we have graduated from the restructuring that we have been clamouring for since 1991 to self-determination and one of the reasons behind that is that the powerful block politically in Nigeria is not ready for restructuring and if Nigeria is not reorganised within three years, I suspect the country is heading to a state of bleak.”

“They can talk about stateism and skewed federalism but federalism is now, and even if Nigeria decides to restructure now, we must have to borrow the content in our constitution in 1960 and 1963. How we started as a Nigeria. We had a constitution before our Independence. If we must restructuring, we have to borrow the content of the constitution that presented Nigeria as a nation in 1960 and our Republic constitution in 1963. It gave room for regionalism, allowed the federating units to thrive. It gave room to the federation units to develop at their own pace.

"We had six federating units that were agreed in the constitutional conference in 1995. The minimum demand from the Yoruba nation, if we must talk restructuring is that the six regions must operate as federating units,”

He, however, said, there could be room for negotiation, pointing out that the country must be sincere about restructuring “In war, we can prepare for negotiating, after war-war, you can now jaw-jaw on the negotiation table because politics is about the locality.

“People talk about unity and stop others from discussing their locality, that is definitely not unity. They don’t want me to talk about my local government and community, everything about politics is local. If we must move Nigeria forward, it must either be self-determination or regionalism and must allow for confederation. We are a county but not a nation because if you are living on the basis of mutual suspicion you are not a nation but a country,” Adams said.

https://www.independent.ng/yoruba-nation-gone-beyond-restructuring-to-self-determination-gani-adams/

Re: Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by Golden057(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Which negotiations again
Yoruba?
Re: Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
Yoruba Nation Now.
No More Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
No Going Back.
Yoruba Nation Now.
Re: Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by middlebelter(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2021
Much as am in support of restructuring or self determination to free us from Buhari/Filanis bondage, I disagree with Iba Gani Adam's on six -Geopolitical zone used in 1995 constitutional conference. That zoning is a creation of the military(Absvhs) whose pro Morth agenda is unmistakable.

Nigeria independence was negotiated and created on a tripod. The North, West and East. Now if we are going to have six -geopolitical zones, it has to be negotiated , starting first with our initial structure mother with military imposed structures that gives unfair advantages to the Fulanis motnonly to dominate the entire minorities in the North , but the entire country.
Re: Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
I thought the north say they are ready for restructuring but can't rotate the presidency. ....that shows they are up to something. the north should know that 1966 is not 2021..the world is watching Nigeria with keen interest n it will no longer be only British affairs. ..
America knows of the ills going on but kept mute cos British told them Nigeria is there helps of affair but time is running out..eleven the Russians, French and now Chinese have interest, if anything happens Nigeria will be scramble just like Africa did in 1885......we should be careful and let seperate in peace if that is the way forward!
Re: Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
Tofax:
Are Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams has said that the Yoruba nation has gone beyond restructuring, and currently pressing for self determination.

Adams maintained that the unfolding events happening in Yorubaland has made him to be reluctant to speak on restructuring, pointing out that the opinion of Yoruba people is that they have graduated from restructuring to self-determination.

Are spoke on Wednesday at a book launch themed: “Roundtable Discussion on Economy and Restructuring in Nigeria”. He said, “In my view, we have graduated from the restructuring that we have been clamouring for since 1991 to self-determination and one of the reasons behind that is that the powerful block politically in Nigeria is not ready for restructuring and if Nigeria is not reorganised within three years, I suspect the country is heading to a state of bleak.”

“They can talk about stateism and skewed federalism but federalism is now, and even if Nigeria decides to restructure now, we must have to borrow the content in our constitution in 1960 and 1963. How we started as a Nigeria. We had a constitution before our Independence. If we must restructuring, we have to borrow the content of the constitution that presented Nigeria as a nation in 1960 and our Republic constitution in 1963. It gave room for regionalism, allowed the federating units to thrive. It gave room to the federation units to develop at their own pace.

"We had six federating units that were agreed in the constitutional conference in 1995. The minimum demand from the Yoruba nation, if we must talk restructuring is that the six regions must operate as federating units,”

He, however, said, there could be room for negotiation, pointing out that the country must be sincere about restructuring “In war, we can prepare for negotiating, after war-war, you can now jaw-jaw on the negotiation table because politics is about the locality.

“People talk about unity and stop others from discussing their locality, that is definitely not unity. They don’t want me to talk about my local government and community, everything about politics is local. If we must move Nigeria forward, it must either be self-determination or regionalism and must allow for confederation. We are a county but not a nation because if you are living on the basis of mutual suspicion you are not a nation but a country,” Adams said.

https://www.independent.ng/yoruba-nation-gone-beyond-restructuring-to-self-determination-gani-adams/

Gani Adams have said it all.

Please, check my signature
Re: Yoruba Nation Gone Beyond Restructuring To Self Determination – Gani Adams by Vickym1(f): 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
Una sure sey naija no go break b4 2023 reach

(1) (Reply)

SEC: Oando Annual General Meeting Remains Suspended / BREAKING: Rev Father Mbaka Declared Missing: VIDEO Reaction / Severe Flood In China! There Is No Way Of Escape. ( Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.