Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? (11663 Views)

I Have Been Offered A Job At Retireco / Lady Shares Screenshot Of Chat With A Man Who Offered Her A Job With 'Condition' / I Have Been Offered Two Jobs And I Don't Know Which One To Choose. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by fatymore(f): 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
spydera:
naaa it's the other way...
apply for a job via email get rejected via a text message...
sometimes they even flash you, you call back, then they will reject the candidate �

Lol

Red flag

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Olochee: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
I need a job please, I'm currently serving in Abuja.

My discipline is Biochemistry.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by PerfectMatchNG: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
what can you do?
Olochee:
I need a job please, I'm currently serving in Abuja.

My discipline is Biochemistry.
https://www.nairaland.com/6485093/get-job-perfectmatchnghttps://www.nairaland.com/6485093/get-job-perfectmatchng
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by wunmi590(m): 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
Yes, I got two offers and turn one down via not knowing it has better working environment than the one I chose.

My own is even 3, I’ve been told to leave from the one I chose and I’m back to square one now.

Sometimes it is always good to look before someone leap

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by salford1: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
Sure. Both by email.

Jumia when it was still a start up (I think under rocket internet) and was interviewed by a Spanish and I think a German guy. The salary was low.

My spouse rejected a Glaxo offer after she was told her first assignment would be in Kano. We weren't married then but told her to reject the offer.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by MrOkenwa(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes. Last month.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by deltateam: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
Pojomojo:
Have you been offered a job. Then had the luxury of sending a rejection email? Tell us about it

Yes, due to distance and cash issues then.

I had to reject it politely.
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Olochee: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
PerfectMatchNG:
what can you do? https://www.nairaland.com/6485093/get-job-perfectmatchnghttps://www.nairaland.com/6485093/get-job-perfectmatchng

I can carry out Medical Research and also work in a Clinical Laboratory.

Aside my discipline, I can also do any descent job with nice pay.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Angy55(f): 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes.

I resumed that day, and when I got home I sent a mail stating the reason why I can't continue with them.

The distance and meagre pay. Even when I politely asked for accommodation the Management was just focused on me meeting target.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Millimann: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes.

A big organization in Lagos. They delayed a bit before coming up with their offer and I joined another organization. I politely declined, informing them I just joined another organization.

But I didn't tell them I wasn't in for Lagos stress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by philip0906(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I recently got an offer as a fullstack developer

The initial offer was so insulting even after I told them my minimum during interview that I already made up my mind not to work with them

I sent them a mail telling them how disappointed I was with an offer of 125k

They called back raise to 150 - I reject
After some months called back for 180 then 200

In my mind I already know I won't do full stack for less than 3, I'm mainly back end developer, I strongly believe one single person should not be fullstack and if at all one person should be fullstack the pay better worth it

To make it worse all their offer were gross which means tax, NHIS, pension etc will still be deducted

Clowns! They want to hire a fullstack dev but are offering 150k, so that when you cook beans for them, they'll say you're incompetent. Cheap labour kee them there.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Emzenoz(m): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
saphiere:
Hey Guys! I'm thinking of applying for the season 6 of BBN. Any tip for a sister?
after all your female future talk, na ashawo you wan go do last last ?

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Tats(m): 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes, I have. I had worked for an international company in Nigeria and was moving to the UK while processing a transfer for the same company in the UK office as my expatriate boss from the US who was temporarily working in Nigeria wanted me to remain within the company and so he put in a word to the UK office. I eventually converted the transfer to a rehire process as the UK office were wasting my time on the transfer while I was in Nigeria and I wanted to resign and leave. Anyway, I resigned, moved to the UK, continued the process, was given an offer and then I declined it because they stepped me down from my equivalent level in Nigeria. I knew this because the levels were same globally. Anyway, I could easily reject the offer and did so via email because I had an offer at the same time from a competitor which was much better in terms of level, salary and company benefits. This was 14 years ago. To be fair to them, i was slightly changing department in the Uk but it didn't warrant the step down.

Rejection email below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for offering me the opportunity to work at xxxxxx UK . I have carefully considered the offer and unfortunately, I will not be accepting it as I believe that the career level offered is not commensurate with my skills and experience.

I really appreciate that I was considered for a position at xxxxxx UK and that the organisation had confidence in me, which resulted in the extension of an offer. I look forward to any future engagement with the organisation.

Best Regards.

Their reply.

Thank you xxxx for your email and feedback on the offer which was made.

I understand the reason for your decision and am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

All the best with your future career path.

Kind Regards

7 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Liposure: 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2021
saphiere:
Hey Guys! I'm thinking of applying for the season 6 of BBN. Any tip for a sister?
Open an instagram account and grow an online presence.

Know sb who knows sb
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Iizykidoo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
.....and people are saying there isn't jobs in Naija...with the way guys are rejecting jobs ehn...am beginning to doubt that...meself dey find job ooo ..ejor o
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Oyewale25: 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I've rejected close to six jobs

Four because of distance

One wanted me to relocate within 3 days

One wanted a person that would work like a donkey for meagre pay; 6 days a week, 14 hours per day

lemme guess ... Its Indian owned company right

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by papyskinsy: 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
yea.. the company was not serious then I got another offer wt another company and resumed.. only for the former company to be calling me to negotiate.. to safe them the stress I sent a rejection mail.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Johnson5258: 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
I have one but they called me so we renegotiated and I accepted the offer.
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by onehouse(m): 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
Sometime two years ago, I was offered a job and I turned it down. However, after a few days, the hiring manager felt he needed to know why I turned it down.
We got talking and appropriate changes were made from the hiring company which I later accepted. Today, looking back at the entire event, I don't regret that I switched company because I earn better than the previous company with lots of bonus and free time as well. I am also fulfilled on the job with lots of challenging task to do everyday.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by BRATISLAVA: 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I recently got an offer as a fullstack developer

The initial offer was so insulting even after I told them my minimum during interview that I already made up my mind not to work with them

I sent them a mail telling them how disappointed I was with an offer of 125k

They called back raise to 150 - I reject
After some months called back for 180 then 200

In my mind I already know I won't do full stack for less than 3, I'm mainly back end developer, I strongly believe one single person should not be fullstack and if at all one person should be fullstack the pay better worth it

To make it worse all their offer were gross which means tax, NHIS, pension etc will still be deducted

How did you start the journey to becoming a fullstack developer?

I would like to know, please. Thank you.
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by chasamolu: 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
fatymore:
I declined interviews.

From the interviews, if you tell me your pay would be lower than what I was earning then, I would reject it on the spot.

I need a job though(Administrative Assistant/Secretary)

I am unemployed now

Thank you grin

Bros you no well.hunter wey Dey run from antelope �

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
Iizykidoo:
.....and people are saying there isn't jobs in Naija...with the way guys are rejecting jobs ehn...am beginning to doubt that...meself dey find job ooo ..ejor o
The pay was poor.Below their degree standard.
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by tunapawizzy: 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I've rejected close to six jobs

Four because of distance

One wanted me to relocate within 3 days

One wanted a person that would work like a donkey for meagre pay ; 6 days a week, 14 hours per day
14 freaking hours a day? by meagre pay, i guess u mean 1mNGN/month...
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by SavageResponse(m): 3:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
Bustincole:
Salary job is not worth it...

Salray is the bribe dey offered u to forget ur dream

Everyone is not wired to do business or run a company

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by BlessingAmaka: 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lmao grin
spydera:
naaa it's the other way...
apply for a job via email get rejected via a text message...
sometimes they even flash you, you call back, then they will reject the candidate �
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by thatthickgurl(f): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
tunapawizzy:

14 freaking hours a day? by meagre pay, i guess u mean 1mNGN/month...

30,000 monthly

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by thatthickgurl(f): 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
Oyewale25:

lemme guess ... Its Indian owned company right

Nope
Nigerian
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by tunapawizzy: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatthickgurl:

30,000 monthly
WHAT!!! sheer wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by brainhgeek(m): 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
saphiere:

Sure, just do away with any body covering and do one or two Bonanza for one fine guy inside house. Bam! You don blow
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by BuySweetOrange: 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
LagBlogger:
Never but I walked out on a panel when the boss was being sarcastic
sarcastic about what
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Kira622(f): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
Pls guys i need a job, one with accomodation. pls if u know of any vacancy let me know. pls help a sister

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by byesense105: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
Pojomojo:
Have you been offered a job. Then had the luxury of sending a rejection email? Tell us about it

This just reminds me to appreciate God for how far i have come...

2014 salary 80k
2015 salary 160k
2018 I rejected a job that offered 450k
2019 I turned down a job that offered 625k
2021.... I give all glory to God.....

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways To Research A Company Before The Job Interview / Not More Than 28 Years / Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.