Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? (11649 Views)

I Have Been Offered A Job At Retireco / Lady Shares Screenshot Of Chat With A Man Who Offered Her A Job With 'Condition' / I Have Been Offered Two Jobs And I Don't Know Which One To Choose. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Pojomojo: 9:21am On Mar 31, 2021
Have you been offered a job. Then had the luxury of sending a rejection email? Tell us about it

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by edwardadex23(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2021
FTC front page at last !

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by LMS1(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2021
Yea!
Sometimes Ago I Had An Email From An Agent Representing Bet9ja.
He Offerd To Connect Me To This European Sports Fixing Company That Will Offer Me 'Sure' 2 Odds Rollover Everyday.
But I Told Him God Will Bless Him For Trying To Make Me A Millionaire,
That I Was Not Intrested Because Bitcoin Was Rising Everyday.
He Should Rather Offer The 2odds To His Brother. grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by thatthickgurl(f): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2021
I've rejected close to six jobs

Four because of distance

One wanted me to relocate within 3 days

One wanted a person that would work like a donkey for meagre pay; 6 days a week, 14 hours per day

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by IgboWarlord(m): 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
No,i have not..
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by dimexy247(m): 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yeah, and even better, I once got a job as a Media personnel for a company, they lied to me during the interview when I asked about the working hours, they said weekends not included, I didn't know I would later found out I will be going to work on Saturdays and even Sundays sometimes.

The scarcity of jobs and stress we go through job search has made some of us to undermine and look down on ourselves.

It was on a Monday, I went to work and when it was lunch time, I sent resignation email to both the HR and director using the company's Wi-Fi. I felt so happy. They later replied asking why and I replied with why did you lie to me about the working hours. The HR was like we can give an exception but I said nah, it's too late.

I still smile grin whenever I I remember.

saphiere:
Hey Guys! I'm thinking of applying for the season 6 of BBN. Any tip for a sister?

Easy, just be naked always

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by alphaconde(m): 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
my own work since when I accept am na so so scaring mails I de recieve

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by paulolee(m): 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
nope but the only time a rejected a job was during last year lockdown in my state..
applied for a post as fuel attendant n the woman dt owns the place was so happy to see me..
the environment was looking expensive and condusive n i wondered why they are no influx of workers bcoz they are soo many jobless guys with few jobs in that area..
all was going well not until she told.me the breakdown about the job..
dt I would resume work as early as 6am d work starts by 7am and its till 7pm with 2 hours break, I make sure I sweep.n clean d environment before and after work each day, would still create time by 2pm to pick her kids from a nearby school while my co-worker covers for me..
d worst is dt d pay is just 10k per month...she would pay half dt monthend n pay d other half during d 2nd week of d next month..
I just carry myself waka leave her office, na small remain I for carry big chain guve her to chain n turn me to slave...

34 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Stonerobaba(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes. So many of them that proposed to pay below my current earnings.
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by iampeterben(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I've rejected close to six jobs

Four because of distance

One wanted me to relocate within 3 days

One wanted a person that would work like a donkey for meagre pay; 6 days a week, 14 hours per day
I have oh too, the moment I got to know the company works Mondays to Saturdays I rejected it. Any company or organization taking away your Saturdays which supposes to be for your side hustles and relaxation even with the pay my friend run.

26 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by saphiere(f): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hey Guys! I'm thinking of applying for the season 6 of BBN. Any tip for a sister?

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yeah. It wasn't easy but necessary.
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by oluwaseyi0: 2:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
I recently got an offer as a fullstack developer

The initial offer was so insulting even after I told them my minimum during interview that I already made up my mind not to work with them

I sent them a mail telling them how disappointed I was with an offer of 125k

They called back raise to 150 - I reject
After some months called back for 180 then 200

In my mind I already know I won't do full stack for less than 3, I'm mainly back end developer, I strongly believe one single person should not be fullstack and if at all one person should be fullstack the pay better worth it

To make it worse all their offer were gross which means tax, NHIS, pension etc will still be deducted

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by SmartPolician: 2:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
People who already have jobs often reject jobs.

If you are jobless, you cannot afford to turn down jobs.

BTW, I reject jobs every now and then.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by HenryThegreat1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes, I got two offers and turn one down via not knowing it has better working environment than the one I chose.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by BelovedofLord: 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
Never!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by falcon01: 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
yeah 4 times
Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by SavageResponse(m): 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
If you were offered the job by email then you're well within your rights to also reject it by email if your don't like the terms of the offer

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by drkrest(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
saphiere:
Do you intend to show us cleavage if you get selected? If not I personally don’t have any tip for you

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by fatymore(f): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
I declined interviews.

From the interviews, if you tell me your pay would be lower than what I was earning then, I would reject it on the spot.

I need a job though(Administrative Assistant/Secretary)

I am unemployed now

Thank you grin

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
LMS1:
Yea!
Sometimes Ago I Had An Email From An Agent Representing Bet9ja.
He Offerd To Connect Me To This European Sports Fixing Company That Will Offer Me 'Sure' 2 Odds Rollover Everyday.
But I Told Him God Will Bless Him For Trying To Make Me A Millionaire,
That I Was Not Intrested Because Bitcoin Was Rising Everyday.
grin

Thank your stars. You for don relocate to your village based on bankruptcy. grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by BabbanBura(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Pojomojo:
Have you been offered a job. Then had the luxury of sending a rejection email? Tell us about it

Yeap, two oil company jobs! They persisted i must resume, they both started by threatening I should respond within certain period or else they deemed it I am not interested, I ignored one and responded to the other because I have plan to return years later. After my rejection email, they had someone in HR call me giving me more time to resume, I told them I am not able to resume at all at that time but in distant future, after the expiration of that period they called again, sent hard copy letter and email.

Summary is, e ended as I wanted not as they wanted.

I resigned from 4 other jobs including store (shopping mall) manager oversea and banking officer in naija

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by LagBlogger(m): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Never but I walked out on a panel when the boss was being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Bustincole(m): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Salary job is not worth it...

Salray is the bribe dey offered u to forget ur dream

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by wunmi590(m): 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
shocked

Rejecting job via email is not new to company who normally send their offer letter via email to peruse, before collecting the hard copy in their office.

I rejected offer letter via email times without number.

With the recent one which happened last year November, when I got 3 offer letter the same time, not knowing that I will finally pick a bad choice which I was eventually told to leave at the end of January 2021.

Up till now I’m still job hunting for another job

You can read up my previous thread for more details

8 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by BabbanBura(m): 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Bustincole:
Salary job is not worth it...

Salray is the bribe dey offered u to forget ur dream

True Bro

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by spydera: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
naaa it's the other way...
apply for a job via email get rejected via a text message...
sometimes they even flash you, you call back, then they will reject the candidate �

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Subsea101: 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
A bank... got the call directly from HR the day I resumed at my current job (2016). I had to kindly decline their offer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Df

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not More Than 28 Years / Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? / Allianz Nigeria Insurance Plc Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.