Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,815 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos (60057 Views)

The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) / The Night View Of Terminal 3 Of Oshodi Transport Interchange - Photos / The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by Nawteemaxie(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
daddytime:
This is beautiful.

May every anus that'd wish to deface this beautiful edifice be sealed ni oruko Jesuuuu..

Isèè!
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by oloriooko(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
As usual the environ is already being littered with 'pure water' sachets so sad!
Why is the terminal so scanty, is it not in use already?
I expected to see the hustle and bustle of Lagosians all over the place
Anyway, Lag govt should be commended for such a laudable project, it's highly commendable

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by Originalsly: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hmmm....... I want to see the world class washrooms..... the condition and how many.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by maxell(f): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Refinedbeing:
Oyo state is presently building 4 in Ibadan. Might not end up this big but at least we are getting modernized bit by bit.

This is great news!!

Thank you for sharing it.

Please show us pictures if you can wink

The SW should continue building and upgrading its infrastructure and ignore the haters.

God bless Lagos state

God bless Oyo state

God bless Yorubaland kiss

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by docdes: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
travelwaka:
There are signs and instructions everywhere for direction
Thanks for your effort and for sharing. Looks good. Please, I have a few questions:
1. Is this now the ONLY place in Lagos where ALL bus journeys begin and end?
2. Is this a model for more terminals?
3. If not, what makes Oshodi the choice beneficiary for this?

I'm not jealous thoughgrin
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by FILEBE(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
travelwaka:
Firstly, these pictures were taken this month, secondly from the above pictures above you'd see that I specifically took all the inner pictures from terminal one which is the location you just spoke about because it is well utilized.

The inter state drivers might not be hygience conscious like the BRT drivers. However, I didn't notice the so called oil litter when i visited. May be a picture from you will help.

You have answered that you expect more maintenance on the property. The major activities are being carried out outside . Inside seems so scanty for a terminal.

@ bolded. These people need to be taught maintenance and hygiene. I visit frequently
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by YorubaLord: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
FILEBE:
Maintenance is zero.
They have started spoiling things there . You didn't show us the space they gave the Park busses. Last time i went there, it has become dirty and i was wondering when the Terminal was finished.

Seriously, We need to stop defacing goverment properties and care for it. It is for our own benefit. Mechanics will just come there be pouring engine oil on the floor making the road looking black and soggy like the devil's highway.

@Travelwaka. No lie, can you say that this facility is properly maintained ?

Na Okoro pple as usual dey deface and destroy government Properties. They're too savage! angry
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by freshvine(f): 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
I paid 100 naira to urinate in this facility.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by abbeyfel: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The way you people hype this Tinubu, are you not ashamed Tinubu is still handpicking who will govern Lagos till now.
If you don’t live in Lagos, don’t talk for lagosians!! Tell me any state better than lagos in Nigeria since 1999? Just one state oo. Including the FCT self
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by FILEBE(m): 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
YorubaLord:

Na Okoro pple as usual dey deface and destroy government Properties. They're too savage! angry

Oga. Abeg go sit down. This isnt one to be tribalistic about. Infact ,you shouldn't be trbalistic about it. For a fact, i will tell you that the interstate parks are being run by Yorubas and it is dirty. So, stop trying to be tribalistic. Take your Yoruba lordship elsewhere.

I dislike tribalism.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by abbeyfel: 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Plead:
I don't know why Nigerians keep abusing the words "world class" and "ultra modern".
What is world class about this bullshit? I doubt you've ever been out of Nigeria.
You call this bullshit Maybe you should tell the class what world class truly is like since you’ve been to every part of the world and know how things are
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by nick50(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Built by Akinwumi Ambode

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by abbeyfel: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
makermix:
world class where? a place surrounded by garbage, tout n criminals u shouting world class
Is the infrastructure world class or not
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by YorubaLord: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
FILEBE:

Oga. Abeg go sit down. This isnt one to be tribalistic about. Infact ,you shouldn't be trbalistic about it. For a fact, i will tell you that the interstate parks are being run by Yorubas and it is dirty. So, stop trying to be tribalistic. Take your Yoruba lordship elsewhere.

I dislike tribalism.

Mad man, I no fit blame you... only if you knew how much damage Okoro pple have done to Lagos.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by FILEBE(m): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
YorubaLord:

Mad man, I no fit blame you... only if you knew how much damage Okoro pple have done to Lagos.

Gtfo!! The igbos are not your problem. Go your village gp find the source of your problem . Damn you!. Kati kati .
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by abbeyfel: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
EmekaA125:

Remove Lagos and compare other brown roof yoruba state or cities with that of SE. What SE needs is Federal govt presence. Most projects you are seeing in Lagos were Fed govt funded structures.
Its obvious you don’t even know our Lagos ��
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by travelwaka: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
Thank you for this question

1. Nope there are other terminal in Lagos, there is one in TBS, there is another at airport road in ikeja, there is another one in ikorodu and many other parts of lagos but in all, this is the biggest

2. Yes they are planning to change the face of transportation in lagos such that driving will seems like hardwork. The first step is to make make the terminals look good

3. Oshodi is like the center of lagos
Its less than 10 minutes to the airport
Less than 10 minutes to ikeja less than 20 minutes to berger
Less than 45 minutes to ikorodu
Less than 30 minutes to the island
Less than 40 minutes to Apapa
And this terminals are built in between two of the most busy roads in lagos, Agege motor road and Apapa expressway
Please the above timing is without traffic o �.

The only way to encourage the Nigerian middle class to ditch their cars is to make the buses and terminals conducive. Eg if driving take you 3 hours to get to work and BRT 1 hour and the buses are good, the place is conducive, which would you choose?
docdes:

Thanks for your effort and for sharing. Looks good. Please, I have a few questions:

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by pquaver(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nairalandian:

Tell me what I said that merited this shit you're telling me guy.
Wetin dey worry you sad

Are you a member of Ipob? If yes OK I understand why u don't understand.. If No you should understand..

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by demolinka(m): 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
Until LASG clear that axis from Oshodi reach Bolade, the beauty no fit really show. That Oshodi underbridge side dey really messed up
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by Onlinesmart: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
No wonder igbos can't do without Lagos.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by ibietela2(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
travelwaka:
Oshodi Bus terminal is the first of its kind in Africa
It has three different terminals namely terminal 1, terminal 2 and terminal 3
It is the biggest bus terminal in West Africa
The skywalk is the longest skywalk suspension bridge in Africa
The complex host the first skywalk bridge in Nigeria
The Oshodi transport interchange has three different terminals which are terminal 1, terminal 2, terminal 3
It is located in Oshodi, Lagos State, Nigeria.
The bus terminal was commissioned by President Muhammadu Buhari
The Oshodi Transport Interchange was commissioned on 24th April 2019

All these rubbish stats way una dey take deceive una self thinking say Nigeria is moving

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by 9jaRealist: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
>
Let’s not forget this is what this area of Oshodi used to look like...
EKO ONI BAJE! cool

>
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by Charly68: 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
A leader is the one that raises leaders not followers..Tinubu deserves to rule the country ..
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by 9jaRealist: 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
ibietela2:
All these rubbish stats way una dey take deceive una self thinking say Nigeria is moving

It seems that FACTS (not feelings) dey pain you... grin grin grin
>
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
pquaver:

Are you a member of Ipob? If yes OK I understand why u don't understand.. If No you should understand..
Una get wahala for this Nairaland sha.
I be wan begin vex give you....but nah.
Real niggas don't do that.....and yes, I'm Igbo, a Nigerian not an Ipobian.
I'm not tribalistic, so if you're looking for who to engage in a tribal fuel, definitely not mua
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by 9jaRealist: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
docdes:

There are other terminals built or being built, but no other of this scale...
Ikeja has been completed, Yaba seems abandoned, while Abule-Egba just got started.

Meanwhile, the new Oyingbo Terminal was burnt down by post-EndSARS hoodlums.
>
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by maxell(f): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
lekki1444:
i have been to cAnada the usa and the UK and this edifice is world class

God bless you wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by pquaver(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nairalandian:

Una get wahala for this Nairaland sha.
I be wan begin vex give you....but nah.
Real niggas don't do that.....and yes, I'm Igbo, a Nigerian not an Ipobian.
I'm not tribalistic, so if you're looking for who to engage in a tribal fuel, definitely not mua

I see no reason for your anger. I have made it clear. It like saying to you that Mad people are crazy and you begin to para that why am I telling you that when u know you are not crazy. Your anger stemms from somewhere. Don't hide it.. Because I wasn't referring to Igbos here.. I am a proud igbo man too. I made it clear that I was referring to Ipob. So it has nothing to do with tribe capish

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by sulaak(m): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
When will they finish the Blue and Red light rail network?
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by olumzzz(m): 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
travelwaka:
If you buy the buses, where will you keep them?

Do you build a family first before renting a house or you rent a house and furnish little by little before starting a family?
The concept is to make this place appealing such that people can ditch their cars to use public transportation.

Good, we all need to think outside the box.
We don't need buses sitting in bus terminals. What we need is to have buses available and timely at bus stops. The buses wouldn't wait more than 5 mins at each stop, you can expect people to ditch their cars at home and goto oshodi first before taking a bus to their destination.
They should be able to take a bus to their destination from their nearest bus stop.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
travelwaka:
These are some of the facilities available at the terminal

Car Park
Food Court
Lobby
Restrooms
Halls
Lifts
Escalators
Waiting Area
Skywalk
Offices
Loading Bay
Ticketing booth
Drivers Lounge
Information desk
Luggage Holding
Retail Outlets
ATM Gallery
First Aid Station
Emergency exits

beautiful
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos by Bluntemperor: 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
simhosting:
Nice

But Travelwaka,you dissapoint your audience,as you couldn't mention that this project was conceived by the Former Governor of Lagos State- Mr Ambode,but partly opened for business by Gen Buhari,Rtd.! Is that too much for you to say or why can't we just be plain in our report!
Just Negodu!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon / Accident Victim At Elohor Clinic Agbarho, Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Men Rejoice After Crossing The Mediterranean Sea Into Europe (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.