Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (65990 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Psoul(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
GOFRONT:
Mba!!!...I nor gree.. This cannot be a Nigerian tenant wen dey always use buhari regime as excuse not to pay their rent as at when due....

As and when due

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by AndikanEssien(m): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
I did same two days ago. I believe that acting promptly and fairly contributes to peace

5 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by autonomous22: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
I hope the period his rent would be due again and 'maybe' he wouldn't have money to pay immediately, I hope u won't embarrass him...

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by RPG2020(m): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mutemenot:
God has blessed you bro. My own tenants get coconut head, one rent has expired since 14th, he's still waiting for his village people to tell him to pay..

You never see anything ���
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Psoul(m): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
thorpido:
Him be like me.I like to do stuff like this as at when due so I can face other things.

....as and when due

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by ipobarecriminals: 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
sadU dnt knw how to eject pathetic debtors sad.Give the Useless tenants renovation 1 month quit
letter. B4 2 weeks,go buy cement,blocks,sand make dem see Ur seriousness.Carry bricklayers etc to come inspect the house.See Ur area DPO ready.Work don start be dat
travelwaka:
This is supposed to be the standard. But some Nigerians derive pleasure in owing, even when they have they wouldn't wanna pay. I have people owing me for 3 years and they've never for once said a word about it. The most annoying part they will now start avoiding your calls.

Most people are not credit worthy.
Even when you don't have once your creditor calls, pick the phone every time and tell them you don't have it yet. Also whenever you promise to pay at a particularl time, once it's gets to that point and you don't have the money yet communicate with the person.

We have a lot to learn in terms of ethics and normal behavior.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Orubebe01: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Guest911:
My tenant just reminded to come and collect rent lol. Who else have experienced stress free tenants before.

He even called and said please add electricity bill so I can pay everything lol grin

Is Nigeria getting better?
You must be a good landlord or just that the guy's conscience is not yet dead. Last rent I paid i wasn't reminded, I just called the landlord and asked him if I should pay to the sis that I normally pay to and he said yes
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by onuman: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Psoul:

As and when due

There needs to be a special court for landlord/tenant disputes on rent in order to straighten accommodation problems in Nigeria.

The courts must adjudicate on tenant/landlord issues within six months.

Criminal tenants profit from the present long postponement of court cases and live in houses for years without paying rent.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by moneyissweet(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Just say you are a good landlord
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by EmzyT: 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mutemenot:
God has blessed you bro. My own tenants get coconut head, one rent has expired since 14th, he's still waiting for his village people to tell him to pay..

Are you sure I'm not the one? shocked Abeg which state be that? sad
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Lamasta(m): 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
If there is money most people will not be owing debt, na lack of money dey cause see finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by femi4: 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
Guest911:
My tenant just reminded to come and collect rent lol. Who else have experienced stress free tenants before.

He even called and said please add electricity bill so I can pay everything lol grin

Before the money got diverted, you better collect it
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
Na better landlord them dey pay early.
In my own house, everyday water dey spoil, man go dey carry gallon dey find water up and down
Funniest thing is our house is the newest and finest in our street.
Even if you have money, with what is going on you'll be discouraged not to pay early.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by peeps4u: 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
Guest911:

He must have loved your house and enjoyed staying till he gets his own apartment.

You earned it.

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by thorpido(m): 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
Psoul:

....as and when due
Thank you my English teacher.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by rita25(f): 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
GOD BLESS MR PETER kiss
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Psoul(m): 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

Mtcheeeew!!! Na Everytime person dey get dough? When you pay ahead and it dues, what happens next? You're a debtor na till you pay again

You are confusing yourself wt the language.
You said u always pays ahead.
Oga once u pays ahead, you are no longer owing anything weda the period is due or not.
You have already paid what u owed and what you are about to owe.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mutemenot:

Mine is last year August
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by sylve11: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Bampeh:
His business is booming and he maybe a person that sees debt as a huge burden. Hope you will consider this his kind gesture when things are no longer rosy with him.

bampeh is viewing

Na so my brother. cool
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Psoul(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
thorpido:
Thank you my English teacher.

I am not an English teacher, just contributing the little I know.
Feel free to correct mine anytime. I like learning.

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by femi4: 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
AndikanEssien:
I did same two days ago. I believe that acting promptly and fairly contributes to peace
Why can't you wait till the following month and pay all once
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Yankee101: 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
Some na auto direct debit. No time for story. But be human
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
onuman:

If a tenant can’t pay rent, he must return to his village.

Accommodation money per month takes the largest chunk - by far, from a worker’s monthly earnings in the developed world. But in Nigeria, some tenants occupy landlord’s building and ask landlord to go to court.

They won't go back to the village. God will make them landlords too. The people who have houses in the city don't have two heads.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Hotguy27: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Guest911:

The rent is reasonable and he can afford it. Simple!
Increase the rent beyond reasonable amount or not commensurate with the apartment and see his other behaviour.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lamasta:
If there is money most people will not be owing debt, na lack of money dey cause see finish

Most people too no get conscience.

It's not good to monitor a tenants lifestyle. But if you have a tenant who buys gadgets like a freak and spends lavishly, which everyone sees, and he is owing you, will you be happy ?

2 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by FairlyUSEDpussy: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
phenylalanine:

How can you always pay ahead and still owe sometimes?

Lol.....
U got him wrong.....
He meant they always pay ahead......but occasionally when the default........the landlard doesn't disturb them.......
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by ogmask: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mutemenot:

How una dey do am sef? How can his rent expire at the middle of the month when he doesn't pay monthly?
Make una dey try pity tenants too abeg... if he paid his first rent after the 10th of the month why not start counting from the beginning of the new moth.
There's hardly a house you move into in Nigeria that you don't have to fix things, both new and old.
Imagine you asking for rent since on the 14th.. abi na batcher?
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by unmask: 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Just like where we are staying, the landlord does not disturb us for anything cos we always pay ahead even when we owe.
how can you pay ahead and still owe?
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
ogmask:

How una dey do am sef? How can his rent expire at the middle of the month when he doesn't pay monthly?
Make una dey try pity tenants too abeg... if he paid his first rent after the 10th of the month why not start counting from the beginning of the new moth.
There's hardly a house you move into in Nigeria that you don't have to fix things, both new and old.
Imagine you asking for rent since on the 14th.. abi na batcher?

The bolded is false. A house is not a Nigerian used car.

It is your duty as a tenant to ask a landlord to fix a house before you pack in. What you are supposed to fix is whatever spoils in the house while you are living there.

And on the issue of payment date. For the avoidance of doubt, rent is date to date. If that date changes, you are either cheating the landlord or the landlord is cheating you.

Don't attach sentiments to business.

2 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by lawalmovichhhh: 12:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Bampeh:
His business is booming and he maybe a person that sees debt as a huge burden. Hope you will consider this his kind gesture when things are no longer rosy with him.

bampeh is viewing

God bless you

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by greggng: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
Guest911:

I am blessed with such a tenant ...he is always reminding me that his rent is due . For the past 10 years he has been living in my house I have not increased his rent ....I guess that's why he ensure his rent is up to date. Last year he was posted yo Bayelsa still he ensure he paid his rent before living ..although his family still lives in my apartment . Today he called me to remind me that he has installed prepared meter and I told him I will refund him whatever it cost to install it....is my responsibility as landlord

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building / Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) / Kitchen Built Inside Toilet In A Self-Contained Apartment In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.