Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (66201 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by EmekaA125(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
BF69BF:
Where people like your tenants dey get money? Some of us dey struggle to renew rent another person wan pay as at when due.

Olorun shaanu.
Olurun wa ti mi ba mi she
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by EmekaA125(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
brosom:
h
h stands for house. Mumu
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Senatoraku: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Just like where we are staying, the landlord does not disturb us for anything cos we always pay ahead even when we owe.
how do you now owe when you say you usually pay ahead for everything. ndi self contradiction.

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by ogmask: 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

The bolded is false. A house is not a Nigerian used car.

It is your duty as a tenant to ask a landlord to fix a house before you pack in. What you are supposed to fix is whatever spoils in the house while you are living there.

And on the issue of payment date. For the avoidance of doubt, rent is date to date. If that date changes, you are either cheating the landlord or the landlord is cheating you.

Don't attach sentiments to business.

You speak like one who is priviledged . Try to see thru other pples eyes too.
There are worse landlords than tenants in this country.
sometime in 2009 i rented a 4Bedroom bungalow for 600k, after the 2yrs the guy increased to 750k. When i protested he said i should leave the house if i don't want to pay. Meanwhile, i had done POP and other stuffs in anticipation of a long stay. long story short, we landed at 700k but guess what, he took it to 800k the very next year. The moment i left the house after 6yrs of stay he gave it out for 1.2m based on the transformation i did on the house.

3 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mutemenot:
God has blessed you bro. My own tenants get coconut head, one rent has expired since 14th, he's still waiting for his village people to tell him to pay..

Hahahahaha
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by gerizzim: 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
some persons can be bad tenants / debtors wen it comes to paying Wt they owe. some will have the money bt will want to playsmart. One like dt wen I borrow money unto say he was broke promise to pay BK end of March. Wen I ask him for my money. I shock wetin him tell me wit so much cockiness

"Bro, I will pay u . Na debt I owe you. I go do am"

I just smile and kept my cool. And him dey give gals money wen him neva clear his debt

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by fred04(m): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
He just wants to subtract a problem from his problem list.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Lamasta(m): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Most people too no get conscience.

It's not good to monitor a tenants lifestyle. But if you have a tenant who buys gadgets like a freak and spends lavishly, which everyone sees, and he is owing you, will you be happy ?

That one na another serious case entirely grin

2 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by EmekaBlue(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
He doesn't want to use the money for another thing that will bring stories that touch

Where he lay his head at night is important to him.

Nothing special
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
ogmask:

You speak like one who is priviledged . Try to see thru other pples eyes too.
There are worse landlords than tenants in this country.
sometime in 2009 i rented a 4Bedroom bungalow for 600k, after the 2yrs the guy increased to 750k. When i protested he said i should leave the house if i don't want to pay. Meanwhile, i had done POP and other stuffs in anticipation of a long stay. long story short, we landed at 700k but guess what, he took it to 800k the very next year. The moment i left the house after 6yrs of stay he gave it out for 1.2m based on the transformation i did on the house.

What he did is wicked.

2 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by maasoap(m): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Guest911:
My tenant just reminded to come and collect rent lol. Who else have experienced stress free tenants before.

He even called and said please add electricity bill so I can pay everything lol grin

Is Nigeria getting better?
GOFRONT:
Mba!!!...I nor gree.. This cannot be a Nigerian tenant wen dey always use buhari regime as excuse not to pay their rent as at when due....

I do call the agent to send his active account number on the last day of my current rent.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Deffjam: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
oluwafeolami:

Gimme abeg
drop ur number
ahbeg no be sure game fa.....
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Trustedpronet: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Just like where we are staying, the landlord does not disturb us for anything cos we always pay ahead even when we owe.

The land does not disturb us even when we owe....and you said you always pay ahead. Conflict!!!
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Auxtin85(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Only one of my tenants did this in February, he called and told me he knows his rent will be due in June but he wants to pay upfront.

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Klass99(f): 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
smiley
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Advancedman(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mutemenot:
God has blessed you bro. My own tenants get coconut head, one rent has expired since 14th, he's still waiting for his village people to tell him to pay..

Fingers are not equal.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by KillerBeauty(f): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
He has the money and wants to pay now or else he will spend the money on something else.
So its better to pay it now and move on.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by oloshun(m): 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
The situation of the country has transformed our reality so we see normalcy as abnormal. I would also be surprised to have such tenants.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Tvoice: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
Deffjam:
wait let me send him 2 odds

U don almost make me laff scatter my phone abi , hidiot .
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Ranminishe(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nigeria is not getting better o, don't be deceived o.
Probably the tenant is still a bachelor. He doesn't have much bills to pay.
You are lucky though.

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Gavel(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
Very good tenant, I must say. I got a call a couple of hours ago from a tenant occupying an apartment in a property my law firm is managing for one of our clients, asking me to send him the account details that he wants to pay. He is a yearly tenant and his rent expires in May, 2021.

2 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Mummyfour(f): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
Guest911:
My tenant just reminded to come and collect rent lol. Who else have experienced stress free tenants before.

He even called and said please add electricity bill so I can pay everything lol grin

Is Nigeria getting better?
I did same too this march. It's better that way. It makes the tenant have rest of mind and gets more respect from the landlord
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by AndikanEssien(m): 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
femi4:
Why can't you wait till the following month and pay all once

1) The rent is due March 31 and the landlord is expected to get his due. I consider it fair to give him what's available

2) It's better I get the money off my hands before any contingencies tempts me to spend it.

3) To establish trust

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Cecero(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
That's so me. My landlady said I'm her best tenant. I don't wait for her reminder, mostly pay ahead of time.
Like my rent is due today but I've already credited the woman's account on 24th and got her blessings. She earlier informed me in January about a 25% increase in rent. I wasn't so comfortable with it and actually contemplated the idea of delaying the rent, packing out, etc. But in the end, I said to myself, "I and my family have enjoyed peace in this yard; since I can pay this, no need giving this woman headache"

I'm also praying and believing God the place should be my last rented apartment, the next place should be mine, Amen

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Kennikeddo(m): 2:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Honestly, fingers are not equal, don't see it as wickedness if others don't offer to pay like this
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by alade26632: 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
:Just like where we are staying, the landlord does not disturb us for anything cos we always pay ahead even when we owe.how can you pay ahead and still owe?
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by omonla10(m): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Koval12:
My rent is due on Monday but I paid my landlord since two weeks ago, reason being that I wasn't having the whole money compete, I only had about 80% of my rent ready, so I did that in order to buy more time from my landlord. These Lagos Landlords doesn't joke with their rents. No excuse whatsoever, because most of them don't have other means of livelihood than to leech their tenants.. My landlord was was very pleased and I was happy as well..
its wrong when u say we leech Tenants if u consider difficult it is to build a house.. On a an already roofed house somewhere in abulegba, I've spent over 6m, and no tiles , or p.o.p or doors or interior and fittings or compound floored yet.. I will never blame a landlord cos E no easy o

3 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
grin
beautyhd:
He just got the money and doesn't want to spend it to avoid your continuous disturbance.
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Mutemenot(m): 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
EmzyT:

Are you sure I'm not the one? shocked Abeg which state be that? sad

Lol, the baba can t be on Nairaland
Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Bahamas95(m): 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
Most Nigerians are very wicked, when you lend them money sef to pay back na problem.....My mumsy money wey dey outside reach almost 200k.

I have leant from her mistake, nothing will ever make me lend someone money. If someone tell me to lend am 20k I prefer to dash the person 5k than release my 20k wey fit enter voicemail.

2 Likes

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by JeffSiberstein: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Count yourself lucky, I have someone in my house owing me 8 months and I was the one that sent him message yesterday that I'm going to serve him notice and see it to the end.

1 Like

Re: What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning by Emeka71(m): 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
Koval12:
My rent is due on Monday but I paid my landlord since two weeks ago, reason being that I wasn't having the whole money compete, I only had about 80% of my rent ready, so I did that in order to buy more time from my landlord. These Lagos Landlords doesn't joke with their rents. No excuse whatsoever, because most of them don't have other means of livelihood than to leech their tenants.. My landlord was was very pleased and I was happy as well..
Common sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / Cost Of laying a bungalow Foundation / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.