Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:34 PM

How My Business Is Dying - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Business Is Dying (13620 Views)

My Barbing Business Is Dying / Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Business Is Dying by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 18, 2021
tonididdy:
It's exactly 5 months now since I birthed this business. Exactly November 14th I started a business passion in the BEAUTY market.

On this day my barbershop was birthed... But we have barely operated for upto a month with hitches here and there.

First it starts with the non availability of professional barbers to run the business, all the barbers are either not interested or cannot give it their 100% when they get the job.

Many are frustrated with the poor patronage which is expected of any business or according to an article I read, they are "jealous" of their employer (still trying to figure this out).

My barbershop gulped me a whooping N1m.

All efforts via advertisement and physical search have proved barren as no barber has the patience to work or they are either no longer interested in a skill they learnt (instead have decided to rock the high-way(Yahoo)).

Well all said and done I want persons to know this and learn a lesson off my experience. Never invest in a business you have no skill (training) about.

As the Rent still counts, I continue to be hopeful because I invested premium ideas and hopeful I will get a patient barber to run my business while I attend to other stuffs.
I have good contracts with provision for accomodation for my employees but it's still difficult to get one
You have summed it all up. Any business that involves skills requires the founder to have that skill.
Re: How My Business Is Dying by namiji2598: 6:17am On Apr 18, 2021
tonididdy:
It's exactly 5 months now since I birthed this business. Exactly November 14th I started a business passion in the BEAUTY market.

On this day my barbershop was birthed... But we have barely operated for upto a month with hitches here and there.

First it starts with the non availability of professional barbers to run the business, all the barbers are either not interested or cannot give it their 100% when they get the job.

Many are frustrated with the poor patronage which is expected of any business or according to an article I read, they are "jealous" of their employer (still trying to figure this out).

My barbershop gulped me a whooping N1m.

All efforts via advertisement and physical search have proved barren as no barber has the patience to work or they are either no longer interested in a skill they learnt (instead have decided to rock the high-way(Yahoo)).

Well all said and done I want persons to know this and learn a lesson off my experience. Never invest in a business you have no skill (training) about.

As the Rent still counts, I continue to be hopeful because I invested premium ideas and hopeful I will get a patient barber to run my business while I attend to other stuffs.
I have good contracts with provision for accomodation for my employees but it's still difficult to get one
I have someone for u
A very nice and jovial guy
An intellect and he graduated with upper...
He is damn good and innovative

Drop ur contact or better still call me 07060854319
Re: How My Business Is Dying by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
Dpaulie:
Na wa ooh...don't give up I will say, I had a similar experience when I first started my Bet9ja business..the major problem is getting a good and reliable cashier, some of the cashiers working with me in the past are into yahoo, and of course yahoo boys are synonymous to thieves, as expected stole my money, use my data to bomb sites and later stole my money and ran away.. getting good staff is not easy, it got to a point that I have to plead with my wife to work with as a cashier and I decided not to employ anyone for some months.. I later try female cashiers, those ones ehn, they're ashawo paraku, thank God sha, I have 2 ladies working with me now, and have being with me since January, I think with prayer, good staff will come.. now my advice for u 1. Commit yourself to the business, your presence is very important 2. Try get a big banner, good music system
Can I apply as a cashier
I'm honest and loyal if u pay well . I just dont like breach agreement
Re: How My Business Is Dying by Ryan03(f): 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
Pmedia7787:

I did
one person can come and withdraw 100k, what will you tell him? Or when 2 people withdraw 20k and the third wants 30k, what will you tell him? How long do you last in your shop? Except your area is not busy at all
Re: How My Business Is Dying by Dpaulie(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
Plshelpmybrothe:

Can I apply as a cashier
I'm honest and loyal if u pay well . I just dont like breach agreement
"Pay well" ... this is what we're talking about
Re: How My Business Is Dying by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2021
Dpaulie:

"Pay well" ... this is what we're talking about
Do u have a job offer pls
Pay well , meaning : u dont breech agreement
Cos I'll respect my superiors a lot
Re: How My Business Is Dying by shiffynaani(m): 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
Dpaulie:
Na wa ooh...don't give up I will say, I had a similar experience when I first started my Bet9ja business..the major problem is getting a good and reliable cashier, some of the cashiers working with me in the past are into yahoo, and of course yahoo boys are synonymous to thieves, as expected stole my money, use my data to bomb sites and later stole my money and ran away.. getting good staff is not easy, it got to a point that I have to plead with my wife to work with as a cashier and I decided not to employ anyone for some months.. I later try female cashiers, those ones ehn, they're ashawo paraku, thank God sha, I have 2 ladies working with me now, and have being with me since January, I think with prayer, good staff will come.. now my advice for u 1. Commit yourself to the business, your presence is very important 2. Try get a big banner, good music system
where's your shop location sir
Re: How My Business Is Dying by Dpaulie(m): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
shiffynaani:
where's your shop location sir

Ibadan( apete and moniya)
Re: How My Business Is Dying by shiffynaani(m): 2:22am On Apr 19, 2021
Dpaulie:

Ibadan( apete and moniya)
ok. Your story is just like someone i know. He eventually put his wife there. Then later,he employed girls
Re: How My Business Is Dying by MisterFelix(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2021
tonididdy:

Thanks so much for your input and everyone else's too.
I do have a barber now on a contract, to be honest patronage isn't my biggest problem but consistency and availability of the barbers "used" to be my biggest phobia.
All your points are noted and everyone else's, I have really gained more ideas on new inputs and adjustments we could make.
I have a towel warmer and wireless clippers. The shop is running again and I'm hopeful.
Thanks naira Landers and of course I will be contacting every contacts on here who have asked me to contact them.
I need all the help we can get.

SHALOM FAMX
Good to know you are back on track.
In case you need another professional stylist, I have a business-minded cousin who can really manage & scale that barbershop and is willing to relocate too. Send me a pm if interested.
Re: How My Business Is Dying by tonididdy(m): 10:31am On Apr 20, 2021
MisterFelix:

Good to know you are back on track.
In case you need another professional stylist, I have a business-minded cousin who can really manage & scale that barbershop and is willing to relocate too. Send me a pm if interested.
Ok Give me a few days to get back to you
Re: How My Business Is Dying by Smartgeek(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ryan03:
he can't start a pos business with 60k bro.
He actually can. I can give him an android POS for 30k as long as the POS will be in active use.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shareholders May Lose Over N10 Billion To Skye Bank’s Takeover / BUA Cement Secures $500 Million Facility To Boost Industrialization, Create Jobs / Nigerian Products Vs Chinese Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.