Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad (6369 Views)

Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? / 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? / U.S.A And CANADA, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad by micxwell(m): 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
Gwan2:

I am just reading this thread....To make things a bit clear to you, everyone intending to have a Canadian PR MUST apply through express entry. So literally, if you studied in Somalia, UK, US, Nigeria or CANADA, you all have an almost equal level base of application for PR. Now, there are some factors that add points to your application and will guaranteed your PR if you meet those points. you can go to the canadian express entry thread to get more info on that.

The point of my post is that, your MSc education acquired in Canada ONLY adds 2 points to the overall points needed for PR qualification, this is almost insignificant especially when you need lots of points. Now, this is the only advantage you have over someone that studied elsewhere other than canada with regards to education and PR Points.

The major advantage an international canadian student will have over his contemporaries is the advantage of being in Canada and having direct or physical assess to employers for job application and applying for jobs to differnt provinces. The application for jobs can be done by anyone outside canada as well, but I think the person legally inside canada will be giving priority assuming all applicants have same qualification, that's the only advantage here. If you are fortunate to secure employment or any province nominate you based on your application, then it is almost guaranteed that you will be call to apply for PR.

Summarily, you can still be in UK and apply for Canadian PR just like the student in canada will do with little advantage of educational point, except if he is fortunate to secure employment or get nominated by a province which you could as well benefit without studying in Canada. By the way, if anyone have to hope on fate to secure employment in canada that will boost his express entry points, why not hope on fate to secure employment after study in UK and secure your indefinite leave after 5yrs of stay in UK..this years include your duration of studies and employment years in UK?

I felt the need to contribute because I know someone in future, maybe my son will google the pros and cons of this topic discussed and be enlightened just like I stumbled on a thread dated 10years back, and it was helpful.
I had to comment on this one. It's close to 2 years now and your post was actually helpful. Although, my choice happens to be Canada anyways.
Re: UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad by Mode4: 9:59pm On May 16, 2023
I am in this situation now. I need more opinions from nairalanders, please.
Re: UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad by headofschool: 11:31pm On May 16, 2023
there is CEC Canadian Experienced Class...once you finish school in Canada and get one year of job in recommend category then you equally qualify for PR through CEC route. no b everything be express entry
ednut1:
the Canada masters gives 30 extra points not 2
Re: UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad by ednut1(m): 12:12am On May 17, 2023
headofschool:
there is CEC Canadian Experienced Class...once you finish school in Canada and get one year of job in recommend category then you equally qualify for PR through CEC route. no b everything be express entry
cec is still under express entry. They haven’t done draws in a long time. So the crs they have been calling applies to fst, pnp and cec .You don’t know what you are saying. Even when you qualify for CEC if you’re dont meet the cutoff no invite for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get To Ikoyi From Oshodi? ? / Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics / Partial Collapse Of 21-Storey Skyscraper In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.