Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,847 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC (37924 Views)

Official Results Of Imo State Governorship Election / Jonathan Defeats Buhari In Nasarawa Nasarawa (official Results) / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by cdz: 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
As I congra2L8 fellow Nigerians on a successful presidential election, I wish 2 advise dat we celebr8 wth caution as victory in an election is not d same as victory in a football match: d latter is an end in itself; d former, a means 2 an end. If the end of electoral victory fails 2 justify d means, den d euphoria of victory is much ado about nothing! D means is nothing; d end is everything.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by HuJJC(m): 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
I am ACN member i voted for who i love, that is GEJ!, one man one vote, the best way to go in Nigeria voting system, hehe.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by firmi(m): 11:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
cdz:

As I congra2L8 fellow Nigerians on a successful presidential election, I wish 2 advise dat we celebr8 wth caution as victory in an election is not d same as victory in a football match: d latter is an end in itself; d former, a means 2 an end. If the end of electoral victory fails 2 justify d means, den d euphoria of victory is much ado about nothing! D means is nothing; d end is everything.
WELL SAID GBAM
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by chigsmith: 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2011
, just went through the votes received by GEJ and it was quite clear that the highest votes that went to him from each state came from SE and SS. All of them (SE and SS States ) gave him up to 96% of their total votes.
All these noise of Lagos and Kano having largest no. of voters did have any much effect.
Anyway thats an observation and shld be noted by politicians for future election.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by alexleo(m): 12:14am On Apr 18, 2011
Results from 35 states plus FCT.
Jonathan scored a total of 21,795,145 votes in 23 states including FCT.

Buhari scored a total of  11,649,476 votes winning in 12 states.

Ribadu scored a total of    1,941,863 votes winning in one state - osun.

Now we can see that the cpc/acn planned alliance woudnt have affected our GEJ in any way. We predicted a landslide victory and today we celebrate it live. We in the south east voted for him with all our heart body and soul. Infact i was surprised to see cpc getting up to 3000 plus in enugu where i am. In our ward cpc got about 8 votes only while PDP got about 2959.

We still await taraba result which is the only one remaining. God bless GEJ , God bless Nigeria.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Dauchman(m): 12:30am On Apr 18, 2011
i need to understand, i thot nigerians every where said they where tired of suffering? i am wondering why i see celebrations over pdp winning presidential elections or am i missing something.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by dgr8test: 12:32am On Apr 18, 2011
Abeg wetin dey delay the announcement of election result in Taraba state?
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by omoola007(m): 12:41am On Apr 18, 2011
Dauchman:

i need to understand, i thot nigerians every where said they where tired of suffering? i am wondering why i see celebrations over pdp winning presidential elections or am i missing something.

I guess we didn't believe that Ribadu was ready, and we still have scars from Buhari's first crack at being president . We forgave him but we haven't forgotten.

The souls of many killed came back to hunt him.

Pray that GEJ can guide us to a better place in spite of the PDP, He was the better candidate , 60% of us thought so in the freest and fairest election held on Nigerian soil to date
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by soloqy: 12:47am On Apr 18, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

I supported BB for the election, but what I saw on saturday in rivers state shocked me. GEJ has a following that is almost cultlike. I hope he serves us well, as it stands he is still my president and I will as a patrotic Nigerian support him in my own little way. Congrats Goodluck.

Thank you for saying it as it is. Others are fabricating things and claiming rigging. They find it hard to believe that Jonathan is LOVED.

Most of the people who keep doubting that Jonathan has a following that would have won the election for him fair and square, are those not in the country. I dont know how they think they are in a better position to tell us what is happening here.

The rest , who are some Buhari supporters, know the truth but prefer to lie and remain in denial. How else can they cover up for the comprehensive defeat.

You, my friend, are one of the distinguished of the Buhari supporters for stating it as it is.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by soloqy: 12:50am On Apr 18, 2011
dgr8test:

Abeg wetin dey delay the announcement of election result in Taraba state?

They are tired. They are human beings too. Jega has called it a day and asked everyone to go and sleep. They will continue releasing the remaining results tomorrow morning though media houses already have all the results.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Dauchman(m): 12:50am On Apr 18, 2011
omoola007:

I guess we didn't believe that Ribadu was ready, and we still have scars from Buhari's first crack at being president . We forgave him but we haven't forgotten.

The souls of many killed came back to hunt him.

Pray that GEJ can guide us to a better place in spite of the PDP, He was the better candidate , 60% of us thought so in the freest and fairest election held on Nigerian soil to date

You are kidding me. "Pray that GEJ wld guide us to a better place in spite of PDP",  Don't you think that's very naive on the part of Nigerians? As long as he is a party member of PDP he would not carry us anywhere. Didn't anyone think of that? 12yrs of PDP and we still want more, i am amazed. I guess we really are not suffering then, i should come back home.

P.S the free and fairest election in Nigeria to date is the MKO election. Saw some videos of mass election malpractice yesterday. So it cannot be the free and fairest.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by soloqy: 12:58am On Apr 18, 2011
Dauchman:

You are kidding me. "Pray that GEJ wld guide us to a better place in spite of PDP",  Don't you think that's very naive on the part of Nigerians? As long as he is a party member of PDP he would not carry us anywhere. Didn't anyone think of that? 12yrs of PDP and we still want more, i am amazed. I guess we really are not suffering then, i should come back home.

P.S the free and fairest election in Nigeria to date is the MKO election. Saw some videos of mass election malpractice yesterday. So it cannot be the free and fairest.

Can we see the videos? I bet the video of the woman thumb printing would be the one , yeah?
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Integritas: 12:59am On Apr 18, 2011
While I congratulate GEJ in advance, it is quite clear that the future of Nigeria lies with the Nigerians. They have voted for someone they believe is the best candidate to drive the Country forward. GEJ deserves the victory and it is clear that Voters voted for a candidate who will advance Nigerians and not a political Party. I think the Country is becoming better grounded into democracy even with the better representation of all Parties in the National Assemblies. The support for GEJ should continue as National policies and strategic directions start to emerge. This is the full meaning of "GEJ all the way". My theory is if you can support him to win an Election, you can support him to run the Nation.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Dauchman(m): 1:01am On Apr 18, 2011
soloqy:

Can we see the videos? I bet the video of the woman thumb printing would be the one , yeah?

What woman thumb printing?

Unfortunately you can't see it as the video was shown to me by a friend, whose sister is an International observer.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Doyin2(m): 1:03am On Apr 18, 2011
emmatok:

Results of the April 16 2011 Nigerian presidential election

STATES                      Goodluck Jonathan        Muhammad Buhari    Ribadu

1. ANAMBRA                       1,145,169                          4,223

2. BENUE                             694,776                     109, 680                 223, 007

3. ENUGU                            882,144                     3753                          1,755

4. PLATEAU STATE           1,029,809                   356, 551                      10, 181

5. BAYELSA                        504,811                         691                            370

6. AKWA IBOM                 1,165,629                        148                              54

7. JIGAWA                         419, 252                         663, 994

8. BAUCHI                          258,000                        1, 300,000

9. SOKOTO                       309, 057                        540, 769                  20,144

10. GOMBE                            290,347                        459, 898                3,420

11. FCT                                 253,444                         131,576

12. KOGI                             399,816                          132,201                   6,516

13. ONDO                            387, 376                        11,890                     74,253

14. ABIA                             1,175,954                          3,608                       4,156

15. OGUN                            309,177                       17,000           199,000

16.OSUN                           188,409                               6,997                 299, 711

17. OYO                         484, 758                              92, 396               252, 240

18. KWARA                     268,243                                83,603                  52, 432

19. KANO                        440, 666                             1,624, 354            42, 353

20. EDO                          542, 173                               17,795

21 . LAGOS                    1, 281, 688                            189, 983             427, 000

22. RIVERS                    1, 817, 762                              13,182             16, 332

23. EBONYI  STATE       480,592                                    1,025

24. KADUNA                  1,190, 179                           1, 334, 244         11, 278

25. KATSINA                     282, 477                              864, 343  

26. ADAMAWA                508,314                             344,526

27. NASARAWA             408, 997                                278, 390

28. CROSS RIVER        709,382                        4,002                 5, 839

29. BORNO                     207, 075                              909,763                

30. DELTA                       1, 378, 851                          8, 960                  13, 110

31. EKITI                        135, 009                                 -0-                     116, 981

32. IMO                          1, 406, 289          

33. KEBBI                       369, 198                            501, 453      

34. YOBE                       117,128                                337, 537  

35. ZAMFARA                 238, 980                                 624, 515      

36. NIGER                       321, 429                             652, 574

PLEASE WHO HAS TARABA's result?
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Dauchman(m): 1:04am On Apr 18, 2011
Integritas:

While I congratulate GEJ in advance, it is quite clear that the future of Nigeria lies with the Nigerians. They have voted for someone they believe is the best candidate to drive the Country forward. GEJ deserves the victory and it is clear that Voters voted for a candidate who will advance Nigerians and not a political Party. I think the Country is becoming better grounded into democracy even with the better representation of all Parties in the National Assemblies. The support for GEJ should continue as National policies and strategic directions start to emerge. This is the full meaning of "GEJ all the way". My theory is if you can support him to win an Election, you can support him to run the Nation.

I quite disagree with you (my personal opinion), I think the voting was based mainly on ethnicity. And that for me is not democracy.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by 3seriez(m): 1:18am On Apr 18, 2011
Well Nigerians deserve what they get, If you voted for PDP, dont eva complain about Nepa, or bad roads, or no water, or Corruption etc
You all gave that another four years, Now Enjoy grin grin grin
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by soloqy: 1:28am On Apr 18, 2011
Dauchman:

What woman thumb printing?

Unfortunately you can't see it as the video was shown to me by a friend, whose sister is an International observer.

Then there is no reason to believe your allegations
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by phuckNL: 1:50am On Apr 18, 2011
Dauchman:

You are kidding me. "Pray that GEJ wld guide us to a better place in spite of PDP", Don't you think that's very naive on the part of Nigerians? As long as he is a party member of PDP he would not carry us anywhere. Didn't anyone think of that? 12yrs of PDP and we still want more, i am amazed. I guess we really are not suffering then, i should come back home.

Abegi,
Although i was still in diapers during the june 12 era, i have heard stories as well. There was a lot of rigging back then as well.
Free and Fair for Nigerian standards does not mean VOID OF RIGGING.
It simply means "as fair as humanly possible"
Did you really expect no one to rig at all? In a nation where all primary school students carry expo, you are expect elections without any form of rigging, MY GUY GET REAL
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by calaharry: 1:52am On Apr 18, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
LET REJOICE WITH THE WINNER, BETTER LUCK TO LOSERS NEXT 4YEARS.

IS THERE ANY POLICIAN IN NIGERIA THAT IS NOT RIGGING IN ONE SMALL WAY OR BIG?

THE REASON IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE YET TO BE MATURED WITH CIVILIZED WAYS IN MINDSETS LIKE THE BRITAIN AND DEV. NATIONS. BECAUSE THEY SEEK TO USE POWER AS A TOOL FOR SELF-ENLARGEMENT OF THIER STATURE ETHINICALLY, RELIGIOUS WISE, CARCUS AND MANY FAULTY LINES AND NOT FOR SERVICE TO MAKE A BETTER SOCIETY FOR ALL CITIZENS.

THIS 2011 ELECTION IS A GOOD TURNING POINT TO START A CIVILIZED PEOPLE-CENTRED DEMOCRACY, because THE DO OR DIE ELECTION SYS IS DEAD FOREVER.

WELL DONE MR. PRESIDENT GEJ, YOU ARE INDEED ON COURSE TO RE-BRAND NIGERIA, FELLOW NIGERIANS LETS JOIN HANDS TO CRITICIZE AND CONTRIBUTE CONTRUCTIVE TO BUILD NIGERIA LIKE USA, INSTEAD OF BEING MISCHIEVIOUS CITIZENS.

ARISE O COMPATRIOTS!!!,
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Primegold: 2:11am On Apr 18, 2011
Dauchman:

I quite disagree with you (my personal opinion), I think the voting was based mainly on ethnicity. And that for me is not democracy.

REALLY??

So Jonathan's ethnic group now consists of 65% of 150m Nigerians and are now spread across 25 -28 states of Nigeria? Very interesting!

Jonathan secured over 25% votes cast in 33 states of the 36 states of Nigeria.

We all know the candidates who ran on ethnic, religious and regional platform.

The result of this election shows clearly that Nigerians have transcended such narrow, myopic and negative divisions.

As for those who think it's only PDP government that hasn't done well in the past 12 years, have we bothered to check how well the states governed by ANPP and ACN have performed in the last 12 years as well? Are we now saying that Kano is now paradise? That there are no more slums, bad roads, crime, no more strike actions by workers, etc in Lagos because Lagos is ran by ACN? Are we saying that Borno, Yobe are now 1st world countries because they are not governed by PDP?

Truth of the matter is that no matter what party you look at, the evils you see in one is manisfested in others.
What is important is that irrespective of who is elected to govern us, we the Nigerian people must develop the institutions of Governance. We must be able to rise up and demand for our rights and make our elected leaders and representatives work to justify the leadership positions they occupy irrespective of what part of the country they come from.  

We need to commend Jega and his team especially the NYSC members who were used to conduct this election. We also need to commend President Goodluck Jonathan for resisting the urge to take the easy way out but rather choose to restore the diginity of this country by conducting  a trully free and fair election. For those whose candidates lost, there's always a 2nd time. To serve Nigeria is not a 'do or die' affair!

Finally, for President Jonathan, now the real work starts and we will be watching keenly and ready to judge you & your team with our votes!
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by turawafett(f): 2:37am On Apr 18, 2011
I see no reason why we should be exchanging words on this forum, we are all Nigerians for christ sake, We should accept defeat in good faith. I'm a core ACN supporter but was campaigning for BB, But when the polling unit in Lagos result started coming in, I congratulates GEJ. That is the spirit of sportsmanship.

I do not have any problem with the person of GEJ but have a serious problem with his party PDP. I will have love a situation where the opposition have majority in the senate and house of reps with this arrangement. That way we can move Nigeria forward. Really we made so much money as a country during these PDP regime and we do not have anything to really show for it.

I hope people know how government operates. He cannot do it alone, he needs other arms of government to perform. I wait to see his cabinet member to see if he will bring the desire change or not. Will minister be appointed base on professional or based on political compensation?
I hope I will not see most of the senators and Governorship aspirant that lost election as ministers and ambassadors.

I personal do not like the way Nigeria is being run as a country, Unprofessional heading ministry is killing Nigeria, one ministry use billions to demolish toll gates another want to use another billions to build it back. They see it as an opportunity to come and eat. Imagine NCC starting own sim registration afresh. How are contracts awarded and to who.  Its time we start holding our leaders accountable. Its our money not their money.

Different CBN governors different policies, Lots of Nigerians loss million just because od Soludo policy as CBN governor, all in the name of shares. The decisions they take affect our life directly or indirectly.

I pray is not PDP way as usual. With PDP majority in the senate and house of representative let see if he will not dance to the tune of PDP. Time will tell. Everybody here want change I believe just that we see the desire change in different individuals.

Nigeria lack basis amenities and we want a government that we provide it for us. While some people see the change in GEJ, some see it in GMB and others see the change in other presidential aspirants. I have no problem as long as GEJ delivers on his promise. As far as Nigeria is concern no excuse for not performance for PDP,  they have spent 12 years already and are about to spent another 4 to make it 16 years.

The arrangement has its positive side, why a new party may beg for time to perform, PDP cannot beg for such time. I beg the pro GEJ and the pro Buhari to please give him a chance to see what change he will bring to Nigeria.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by turawafett(f): 2:40am On Apr 18, 2011
I see no reason why we should be exchanging words on this forum, we are all Nigerians for christ sake, We should accept defeat in good faith. I'm a core ACN supporter but was campaigning for BB, But when the polling unit in Lagos result started coming in, I congratulates GEJ. That is the spirit of sportsmanship.

I do not have any problem with the person of GEJ but have a serious problem with his party PDP. I will have love a situation where the opposition have majority in the senate and house of reps with this arrangement. That way we can move Nigeria forward. Really we made so much money as a country during these PDP regime and we do not have anything to really show for it.

I hope people know how government operates. He cannot do it alone, he needs other arms of government to perform. I wait to see his cabinet member to see if he will bring the desire change or not. Will minister be appointed base on professional or based on political compensation?
I hope I will not see most of the senators and Governorship aspirant that lost election as ministers and ambassadors.

I personal do not like the way Nigeria is being run as a country, Unprofessional heading ministry is killing Nigeria, one ministry use billions to demolish toll gates another want to use another billions to build it back. They see it as an opportunity to come and eat. Imagine NCC starting own sim registration afresh. How are contracts awarded and to who.  Its time we start holding our leaders accountable. Its our money not their money.

Different CBN governors different policies, Lots of Nigerians loss million just because od Soludo policy as CBN governor, all in the name of shares. The decisions they take affect our life directly or indirectly.

I pray is not PDP way as usual. With PDP majority in the senate and house of representative let see if he will not dance to the tune of PDP. Time will tell. Everybody here want change I believe just that we see the desire change in different individuals.

Nigeria lack basis amenities and we want a government that we provide it for us. While some people see the change in GEJ, some see it in GMB and others see the change in other presidential aspirants. I have no problem as long as GEJ delivers on his promise. As far as Nigeria is concern no excuse for not performance for PDP,  they have spent 12 years already and are about to spent another 4 to make it 16 years.

The arrangement has its positive side, why a new party may beg for time to perform, PDP cannot beg for such time. I beg the pro GEJ and the pro Buhari to please give him a chance to see what change he will bring to Nigeria.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 18, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt]Marines dont cry, but Nigerian Generals do !![/size][/size]
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by samix(m): 3:47am On Apr 18, 2011
well GEJ supporters, BIG CONGRATS ooo, but i am definitely sure that the jubilation in the air right now is going to be a very very short one, ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF OPEN CORRUPTION, LOOTING and all the bad things PDP is known for, I wont suffer it anyway. NA CHOP I CHOP
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by igboboy1(m): 4:16am On Apr 18, 2011
Ndi yoruba why una dey iwe/vex nau? Because your party did not win the election you result to calling Bros J names,

I have said it before and will continue to say it, ACN is a regiona/tribal/ yoruba party finito, ACN pretty much didnt exist in this presidential election, Abeg make una just camp for SW,

Victory is sweet, I remember when Jonathan clearly did not refer to yorubas as rascals yet Tinubu and his cohorts here on nairaland resulted into turning it into tribal war (saying in yorubaland doctors existed since 1850's compared to the SS that started going to school yesterda), they even fstranger even called bros j Odechukwu as if words go halt the victory tongue

Jonathan nzuogbu Nzuogbu enyimba enyimba, Nna buru gawa grin
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Bijemi(m): 4:21am On Apr 18, 2011
Taraba results Confirmed

TARABA

PDP 451,354

CPC 257,987

ACN 17,791
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Theblessed(f): 4:45am On Apr 18, 2011
[size=18pt]Congratulations President Jonathan Goodluck for over whelmingly trashing your opponents in this battle, and grabbing home the Presidential Mantle!!! Well done!!!

May God bless and give you wisdom to lead our difficult and complex country, with example, fairness and justice - where every Nigerian will be treated equally and, without prejudice.

Once again, congratulations!!! grin grin grin grin

Now folks, remember I prophesied his winning as far back at September 2010? I prophesied that, come the morning after the election in 2011, that President Jonathan will be sitting on Nigerian's throne in Aso Rock and the others will be queuing to shake his hand and saying congratssssssssssss!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

E don happen be that o o o! Abi grin grin grin grin  And please, theblessed, don't prophesy any more o o and please, keep your traps before you step on toes! cool cool
[/size]
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Skanas(m): 4:56am On Apr 18, 2011
Congratz GEJ!Congratz BEAF and d likes,Congratz 9ja.Lets continue 2 b 9ja n proud as we wake up 2 a new 9ja.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by obama29(m): 4:59am On Apr 18, 2011
Its nigeria fate to remain like this forever.
for another 4 years slavery in pdp administration,
if any reasonable nigerian think this result is correct and pdp did not rig this election with new style then they should ask themself, can any power monger give up power easily like that?
i pity nigerians.
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by sfiea: 5:21am On Apr 18, 2011
Eran Iya
Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Sagewood: 5:59am On Apr 18, 2011
goodluck for real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rivers: Cole, Abe Emerge Winners As Explosions Rock APC Parallel Primaries / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.