Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,562 members, 7,840,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did (2820 Views)

Igbos Did Not Start Civil War ----- Pdp Elder Statesman / Read Funny Comments From Gej Tanists, Gej Tannoids , Gej Igbos / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by Onlytruth(m): 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
Truly sad, sad sad!

Ya diba kene! cry
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by kasiem(m): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
I heard that tinubu is now in a secret meeting with the igbo leaders in lagos
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
the yoruba made a political statement.i think d igbos shouldnt rejoice,those who stayed away will quadriple those that voted in both SE and SS!

I think a sound political scholar would appropriately decode the message,in the art of war,it is called formlessness,we are not against you and you cant confidently say we are for you,so the bargaining continues!the south east just lost again!!they are always the losers,God forbid,if there is an uprising in the north now,the igbos not even the SS bcomes the target!!the south east are poor political students!
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by ak47mann(m): 2:33am On Apr 18, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

the yoruba made a political statement.i think d igbos shouldnt rejoice,those who stayed away will quadriple those that voted in both SE and SS!

I think a sound political scholar would appropriately decode the message,in the art of war,it is called formlessness,we are not against you and you cant confidently say we are for you,so the bargaining continues!the south east just lost again!!they are always the losers,God forbid,if there is an uprising in the north now,the igbos not even the SS bcomes the target!!the south east are poor political students!
my friend go and drink fuel cool cool cool even your user name representing the loser in yorubaland ACN look mark my word laws are changing either we all have equal right to rule in that nonsense country then the country no go last for real. To your tent oh isreal grin grin referendum cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by GoodMuyis(m): 4:04am On Apr 18, 2011
@Obiagu1

You spoil Igbos Dignity with your own pride
[i]My street in the north here on Saturday suffer Bomb Blast because of voting for GEJ of PDP [/i]and you r not grateful for that. Am a Yoruba man in the North, and We constitute up to 55% population of the Area and 54% go for PDP. And out of all the Yorubas in the north, 80% vote for GEJ of PDP. So why did you said Yoruba did not Vote GEJ, Igbo did. Yes Igbo Did, but a tree can't make a forest, i hope you know that.

I would have take this personal but noting profited me in Cyber-Bulling.

So Apologize Now for your Misconception and you are Forgiven, so all of us will enjoy Goodluck season without grudges.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by Ystranger: 4:05am On Apr 18, 2011
This election was won for GEJ by the Yoruba intelligentsia

Up Yoruba intelligentsia!
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by GoodMuyis(m): 4:08am On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by jackpot(f): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2011
If you judge by d kind of votes CPC toppled PDP in Kano state and environs, you'll see dat it took d whole of South East & South South to cancel it out.
SW only gave us about 200000 marginal votes per state but Anambra, Imo & Enugu each had more than 1 million marginal votes.

It's true that SW (minus Osun) played a part in GEJ's victory, but their low turnout and low margins are not encouraging.

Come see Tsunami voting in SE & SS.

SW, SE & SS needs to be united 4 d same cause. We need to trust each other.

It pains me to see an ACN that won far more NASS seats than CPC now go back and start licking Mallam's arse. . .Awolowo did it & Tinubu is following suit.

Why will i vote for a northerner who may look away whenever there is genocide against Christians in Jos?

Northerner is a northerner so i don't see them being different.

I say no to killing of Yoruba's, Igbo's, Southerners and fellow Christians in Northern States.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by EkoIle1: 7:02am On Apr 18, 2011
jackpot:

If you judge by d kind of votes CPC toppled PDP in Kano state and environs, you'll see dat it took d whole of South East & South South to cancel it out.
SW only gave us about 200000 marginal votes per state but Anambra, Imo & Enugu each had more than 1 million marginal votes.

It's true that SW (minus Osun) played a part in GEJ's victory, but their low turnout and low margins are not encouraging.

Come see Tsunami voting in SE & SS.
[b]
SW, SE & SS needs to be united 4 d same cause. We need to trust each other

It pains me to see an ACN that won far more NASS seats than CPC now go back and start licking Mallam's arse. . .Awolowo did it & Tinubu is following suit.

Why will i vote for a northerner who may look away whenever there is genocide against Christians in Jos?

Northerner is a northerner so i don't see them being different.

I say no to killing of Yoruba's, Igbo's, Southerners and fellow Christians in Northern States.[/b]

Sorry, we have nothing in common, we are getting rid of the corrupt bad eggs within our own communities, going back and teaming up with convicts, criminals, corrupt and incompetent people is not part of our destiny, that's yours.

Many societies all over the world are fighting for their freedom and breaking away from corrupt leaders, but in 2011 you people gave your soul and destiny to the same corrupt and evil wheels clogging our progress.

You are on your own, follow your rainbow and enjoy your dinner with your crooks and criminals, we have better things to do.

The only mallam behind licking people in documented history on Nigeria are your people starting from Zik to ekwueme, to ojukwu and soludo the new atiku boy boy. Awolowo didn't bow down to nobody.

Pick up your history book.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by dondavids: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
It is really a waste of time trying to reason with Yorubas, as they have already been brainwashed by their very bigotted parents to hate Igbos

straight from birth.

The way forward is to continue to work hard and stand together behind one good leader.

If Igbos stay with PDP, organise themselves behind a single candidate, then make alliances with the SS and NC, they will surely produce a president in

the near future.

Forget the unrealiable yorubas because they have demonstrated time without number that they can't be trusted.

So for now, let's enjoy GEJ's victory for the next 4 years. Cos a Bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush,
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by tyrant11: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
maybe they didnt vote, cus they didnt like pdp and didnt think ac could win.

anyways shut up.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
But i was alarmed at the poor turnout of voters in the south-west. For example how do you explain the turn out of a little over 2million voters out of over 6 million registered in Lagos. Apart from lagos other states in the south-west had voters in their thousands and not millions like the south-east and south.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by vicenzo(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
But why, Why must the west behave like this,why must they treat the SS like this,why,why must they not look beyound the interest of SW and look after the interest of the SOUTH as a united front,the low turnout of voters in SW is too bad.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by 2mch(m): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
OP is very stupid.
Did GEJ not win in the South West? People voted for him. It was not only Igbo's or SS, so what glory are you trying to claim. Besides most people in Nigeria dont vote presidential because they know the election will be rigged and do not want to waste their time. This is why SS and SE votes are false. I also heard of low turnouts in many SE areas. Stop blowing your trumpet here. We all know the truth about Nigeria.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
2mch:

OP is very silly.
Did GEJ not win in the South West? People voted for him. It was not only Igbo's or SS, so what glory are you trying to claim. Besides most people in Nigeria dont vote presidential because they know the election will be rigged and do not want to waste their time. This is why SS and SE votes are false. I also heard of low turnouts in many SE areas. Stop blowing your trumpet here. We all know the truth about Nigeria.

Dude, will you stop lieing. There was over 90% turnout in all south-east states. The south-west states had lees than 40%. Which is dismal by any standard.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by 2mch(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
afam4eva:

Dude, will you stop lieing. There was over 90% turnout in all south-east states. The south-west states had lees than 40%. Which is dismal by any standard.

Orlu, Imo State: Polling booths in Orlu are deserted as only a handful of voters have come out to be accredited

Abeokuta, Ogun State: Soldiers in Abeokuta reportedly order some electoral officers to do frog jumps grin

10:00am Enugu, Enugu State: At the polling unit in Saint Mulumba Primary School, Chime Avenue, New Haven accreditation started about 8:30am but the turnout is low. Out of seven accreditation points, only one is busy. INEC officials are sitting idle waiting for voters to turn up

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690538-146/story.csp
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by Genius100: 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
afam4eva:

So? If you have not noticed, the only region in Nigeria where PDP is no longer popular is the southwest. ACN got their only win in Osun state. PDP lost colossally in the National Assembly Elections. So if the people of the Southwest dislike PDP, find Buhari unacceptable and know Ribadu won't win, it is well within their rights to sit their yansh at home,
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by 2mch(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Genius100:

So? If you have not noticed, the only region in Nigeria where PDP is no longer popular is the southwest. ACN got their only win in Osun state. PDP lost colossally in the National Assembly Elections. So if the people of the Southwest dislike PDP, find Buhari unacceptable and know Ribadu won't win, it is well within their rights to sit their yansh at home,

Yoruba's voted, and most that voted, voted because they believe GEJ is God sent. The numbers were dismal because Nigerians have come to accept rigging as a culture. These number's believe it ot not without rigging in the SE will have been almost the same. Let no one come and claim glory. All Nigerian's have given up on free and fair elections when it comes to presidency. It is a waste of time.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by ektbear: 2:17am On Apr 19, 2011
hrm. All makes sense now.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by bkbabe97y(m): 2:27am On Apr 19, 2011
afam4eva:

But i was alarmed at the poor turnout of voters in the south-west. For example how do you explain the turn out of a little over 2million voters out of over 6 million registered in Lagos. Apart from lagos other states in the south-west had voters in their thousands and not millions like the south-east and south.

Why should u be "Alarmed"?! I thot Ibos made up about 70% of Lagos?

Tell me, whats 70% of 6million again . . . . . ?
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by Ystranger: 3:34am On Apr 19, 2011
I thought Ibos make up 90% of Lagos, NO?
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by houvest: 4:38am On Apr 19, 2011
2mch:

Orlu, Imo State: Polling booths in Orlu are deserted as only a handful of voters have come out to be accredited

Abeokuta, Ogun State: Soldiers in Abeokuta reportedly order some electoral officers to do frog jumps grin

10:00am Enugu, Enugu State: At the polling unit in Saint Mulumba Primary School, Chime Avenue, New Haven accreditation started about 8:30am but the turnout is low. Out of seven accreditation points, only one is busy. INEC officials are sitting idle waiting for voters to turn up

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690538-146/story.csp

This guy 2much sounds very much like a certain distinguished Nler. No comment
s yet.
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by GoodMuyis(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
I haven't seen @Obiagu1 Apologies so am still expecting it

Shut to those who are Condemming Yorubas

Even though GEJ loose in some SW state all the vote he has who can assure me that it was 100% Igbos vote

He should got at least 10% vote of yorubas in each northern states.

ALL THIS FOR WHAT [b]GEJ [/b]HAS WON THE ELECTION
CRISES GOING ON IN THE COUNTRY
AND WE ARE BUSY ARGUING ON PAST EVENT,
THIS IS FOOLISHNESS, pardon me for that
sad sad sad angry angry angry angry

Yorubas vote him or not lets 4get that
Re: Yorubas Did Not Vote For GEJ, Igbos Did by lepasharon(f): 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
woreva!! Goodluck has won so drop dis issue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Psychological Problems Of Nigerian Police Officers / Ex Boko Haram Leader, Now Converted To The Christian, Fingers Ibb / A Young Man Working In The Army,constantly Humiliated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.