Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,655 members, 7,955,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Is Holy Saturday? Can You Eat Meat On The Day Before Easter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Holy Saturday? Can You Eat Meat On The Day Before Easter? (721 Views)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Holy Saturday? Can You Eat Meat On The Day Before Easter? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2021
You can…

But if you want to follow the Catholic fasting discipline, you would abstain from meat and fast from the end of the Mass of the Lord’s Supper with the disciple on Holy Thursday to the end of the Easter Vigil on Holy Sunday morning.

So the fasting that applies on Good Friday applies on Holy Saturday as well, if you want to participate in the fullness of the discipline you are good to go.

Catholic Church’s current rules say, yes. The only days on which one must skip meat are Ash Wednesday and the Fridays of Lent.

Orthodox Church rules, say no.

Neither meat nor fish is allowed, but, if I am reading my calendar correctly, one may use... read more>>>https://buggingquestions.com/question/what-is-holy-saturday-can-you-eat-meat-on-the-day-before-easter/
Re: What Is Holy Saturday? Can You Eat Meat On The Day Before Easter? by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2021
babatope0000:
You can…
But if you want to follow the Catholic fasting discipline, you would abstain from meat and fast from the end of the Mass of the Lord’s Supper with the disciple on Holy Thursday to the end of the Easter Vigil on Holy Sunday morning.
So the fasting that applies on Good Friday applies on Holy Saturday as well, if you want to participate in the fullness of the discipline you are good to go.
Catholic Church’s current rules say, yes. The only days on which one must skip meat are Ash Wednesday and the Fridays of Lent.
Orthodox Church rules, say no.
Neither meat nor fish is allowed, but, if I am reading my calendar correctly, one may use... read more>>>https://buggingquestions.com/question/what-is-holy-saturday-can-you-eat-meat-on-the-day-before-easter/
Why would a non catholic want to follow catholic traditions? Wouldn't that kind of be like a non Muslim following Muslim traditions? undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 100% Real Definition Of Atheism / Bishop Nwachukwu Convokes Interdenominational Convention To Clear Nigeria Of Ido / The Good And The Bad Lands According To The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.