Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? (13203 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2023
After my Fasting (As a Catholic) ends by 6pm, I have already programmed a good Delicious Egusi soup and Eba.

But I Just remembered I used Meat to cook the Soup. embarassed

Does that mean I will use Money again to Buy Fish or Boiled Eggs?

IS EATING MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY UNCHRISTIANLY?

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2023
grin
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Godyke(m): 7:58am On Apr 07, 2023
Both Good Friday, Easter, and the myth of not eating meat are not in the Bible. Therefore all of the mentioned practices are unbiblical and does not make it Christianly according to you.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:23am On Apr 07, 2023
Fish get blood now grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by money121(m): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2023
Yes

Or snail

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Lannyjoe4u: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2023
Eh

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Johnames: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2023
No, it's not wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by adebayo201: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2023
Eat for your own edification and nourishment

Whatever is blessed is blessed... 😁 😁 😁

34 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by jeeqaa7(m): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2023
yes

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by free2ryhme: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

After my Fasting (As a Catholic) ends by 6pm, I have already programmed a good Delicious Egusi soup and Eba.

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by free2ryhme: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

You people still believe this nonsense

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by MMempire(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Just abstain from meat today, shikena.

12 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2023
As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by free2ryhme: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
MMempire:
Just abstain from meat today, shikena.

is it biblical?

7 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by sethtsadopp: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
My Plumber just told me this yesterday. Wasn't even aware it's a practice. Apparently it's a Catholic thing?

24 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by candidbabe(f): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by jayAjoku(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
Lol God doesn’t give a FΓ»ck πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Y’all are complicating your lives unnecessarily πŸ˜‚

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
Godyke:
Both Good Friday, Easter, and the myth of not eating meat are not in the Bible. Therefore all of the mentioned practices are unbiblical and does not make it Christianly according to you.

But, they said Jesus was Scourged (Flogged Mercilessly till his Flesh ripped Apart).

He gave up his Body for Man to get salvation.

So Christians should Honor him by Abstaining from MEAT on Good Friday.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by free2ryhme: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
money121:
Yes

Or snail

how?
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by BigDawsNet: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
Happy Easter

45 killed in benue for no reason...

Shey na like dis we go dey deyπŸ™„

Why Is our government doing this to us... if they feel our military are so week... why can't we invite rhe ecowas or UN military to help us clear out this terrorist...

We can't Continue like dis nah

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by nawa4naija(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
Where you dey stay ?

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by EriMma1: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
Where is it written in the bible that you should not eat meat as a memorial or in commemoration of Jesus' death? These are Catholics doctrines and the bible speaks against man-made doctrines and teachings in the book of Matthew 15:9-11
,πŸ‘‡
in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

I was once a catholic. In fact, born into a catholic home and was there up till 2001. And I remember how we were made to avoid meat on good Fridays just because of this catholic doctrine. It wasn't funny then but we had no choice as little children. Since I left, I no kukuma dey observe those things because I now read and understand the bible for myself.

So if as a christian you're not living by the word of God in the bible but some doctrines of men, then you need to check your christian life. The bible says, study to shew thyself approved, a work man that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

9 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by helinues: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2023
I love food like Kilode.

What's my business with not eating meat

3 Likes

Vinnie2000:

But, they said Jesus was Scourged (Flogged Mercilessly till his Flesh ripped Apart).

He gave up his Body for Man to get salvation.

So Christians should Honor him by Abstaining from MEAT on Good Friday.

is it written in the bible?

7 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by chunny01(m): 8:49am On Apr 07, 2023
The Catholic Church doesn't forbids eating meat, every church has it's doctrine and believe, so if u are a Catholic and mistakenly eat meat, that doesn't mean u have sin whatsoever, it's just a form of sacrifice.
Just like in the Bible that says the people rubbed ashes on their body to show God that they are sorry for there sins
Oya na, Bible believers try and practice that one na grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by N3TRAL: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2023
No.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by ettaetta(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by kenny714433(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Who told you fasting ends by 6PM? It's till 12 noon.

The fasting from meat was modified in the Cathechism in my own Diocese. The meat there was symbolism. You can fast from your phone, from alcohol, from doing anything you usually did in excess.
The aim is to detach yourself from excesses and draw closer to God.

I can't wait to see different versions of Today's Jesus πŸ˜‚
Catholics make Easter so special, the hymns, activities, chants, etc you automatically experience the ancient Roman lifestyle and traditions.

This season also brings nostalgic memories of how I tried to pass literature class reading Chimamanda's Purple Hibiscus πŸ˜‚

20 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by ACRI: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2023
No
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Xion20: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Matthew 15:11
[11]Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Pls eat your meal but avoid sinfulness!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Spiritual Spouses And intimate Demons? / Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation / What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.