Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! (2190 Views)

Southeast State Had Left 5 Southwest States And Rapidly Catching Up On Lagos. / Post SE state rojects Here,.. / South South Gave Buhari More Votes Than South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by koruji(m): 1:20am On Apr 18, 2011
You are sick.

Yorubas do not hate Jonathan either because they thought he was Igbo or anything else - the man is personally well-liked in the SW, the problem was OBJ and PDP. ACN and SW wanted PDP gone specifically because of the daylight vote robbery that he carried out in 2003 & 2007, and deservedly so.

If you had any sense beyond your tribalistic outlook you would realize that you are all tools in a grand scheme deeply involving the grand schemer, OBJ, himself.

Several weeks before the election the following was my conclusion: "Our thieving elites have colluded as usual. The election is already over, and it is for GEJ"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=612408.msg7803376#msg7803376.

OBJ and his PDP cohorts already finished the election way before you guys joined the gravy-train.

Nchara:

If we take NL as a yardstick, it is easy to see that the votes from Lagos are Igbo votes. Yoruba on NL - and their hatred for Jonathan because they thought he is Igbo - mirrows their hatred for him in real life. Yoruba did not vote for GEJ in the SW. Igbos and SS people living there did.

SWners should count themselves lucky that GEJ is not as as vindictive as Obasanjo or Buhari. Otherwise, they will crawl on their knees for federal crumbs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by EkoIle1: 1:20am On Apr 18, 2011
Nchara:

If we take NL as a yardstick, it is easy to see that the votes from Lagos are Igbo votes. Yoruba on NL - and their hatred for Jonathan because they thought he is Igbo - mirrows their hatred for him in real life. Yoruba did not vote for GEJ in the SW. Igbos and SS people living there did.

SWners should count themselves lucky that GEJ is not as as vindictive as Obasanjo or Buhari. Otherwise, they will crawl on their knees for federal crumbs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You people just don't get it right? His tribal affialiation is absolutely irrelevant. Yoruba people don't like anything PDP and they refused to vote for GEJ simply because of that including the fact that he is incompetent, corrupt, disrespectful and he sorounds himself with crooks and corrupt elements.

The fact that we got rid of some known corrupt elements like Bankole and others within our own Yoruba community while your people and the rest of the country are recycling and keeping in place these corrupt elements stands as a testement that Yoruba are not playing around, it's a new dawn.

Keep your convicts, crooked and corrupt criminals, just don't expect us to do trail the same odious line.

I'm so glad Yoruba folks stayed away from this monumental foolishness.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by aloyemeka2: 1:23am On Apr 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

You people just don't get it right? His tribal affialiation is absolutely irrelevant. Yoruba people don't like anything PDP and they refused to vote for GEJ simply because of that including the[b] fact that he is incompetent, corrupt, disrespectful and he sorounds himself with crooks and corrupt elements. [/b]

The fact that we got rid of some known corrupt elements like Bankole and others within our own Yoruba community while your people and the rest of the country[b] are recycling and keeping in place these corrupt elements stand[/b]s as a testement that Yoruba are not playing around, it's a new dawn.

Keep your convicts, crooked and corrupt criminals, just don't expect us to do trail the same odious line.

I'm so glad Yoruba folks stayed away from[b] this monumental foolishness. [/b]

Why is Tinubu still in charge then?
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by sbeezy8: 1:28am On Apr 18, 2011
aloy-emeka:

IN CHARGE OF WHAT? is he a govenor in ekiti osun ogun ondo lagos oyo? did he run as vice or pres?
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Nchara: 1:34am On Apr 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

You people just don't get it right? His tribal affialiation is absolutely irrelevant. Yoruba people don't like anything PDP and they refused to vote for GEJ simply because of that including the fact that he is incompetent, corrupt, disrespectful and he sorounds himself with crooks and corrupt elements.

The fact that we got rid of some known corrupt elements like Bankole and others within our own Yoruba community while your people and the rest of the country are recycling and keeping in place these corrupt elements stands as a testement that Yoruba are not playing around, it's a new dawn.

Stupid reasoning. So why did they not vote for ACN?
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by EkoIle1: 1:45am On Apr 18, 2011
Nchara:

silly reasoning. So why did they not vote for ACN?

It is the other way around.

Is the ACN a Yoruba party?

What if they care less about ACN as a national party?

What if they care less about Ribadu or the ACN Ticket in general?

What if their primary concern at this moment are their local officials?

You people just keep exposing your mindless and shallow political understanding. follow
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by EkoIle1: 1:55am On Apr 18, 2011
aloy-emeka:

In charge of what exactly and why must they vote for anybody just because of Tinubu?

Do you even see Afenifere, OPC or any other Yoruba group asking Yoruba people to vote for this and that? Mumu follow follow is not part of our make up and we are not mindless sheeps like some folks on the other side of the Niger.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by sbeezy8: 2:01am On Apr 18, 2011
ACN would not be attractive if it was a national party,
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Hanoobaba(m): 2:15am On Apr 18, 2011
To tell you the truth, the fact that some peeps just come online to display their ignorance like wares in Yaba market really beats me. Yorubas didn't vote for Badluck because blah blah blah. Mtsheeeeeew.
Let me ask you this, when have the Yorubas trooped out to vote for a Presidential candidate since 1999. Even Obasanjo can't claim he enjoyed widespread backing from the South West when he was running for office.
That is to show you that we have totally lost faith in the system after our mandate was stolen in 1993.
We'll still continue to survive irrespective of who forces himself into office and we won't complain like some cry baby zones. Shior na only dem den dey marginalize.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by aloyemeka2: 2:25am On Apr 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

In charge of what exactly and why must they vote for anybody just because of Tinubu?

Do you even see Afenifere, OPC or any other Yoruba group asking Yoruba people to vote for this and that? Mumu follow follow is not part of our make up and we are not mindless sheeps like some folks on the other side of the Niger.

Take emperor Tinubu out of ACN and watch the party dissolve like Dangote sugar. Tinubu is the power behind ACN and not Fashola if you don't know. I am perfectly alright with it save that he is a classy crook.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by EkoIle1: 2:34am On Apr 18, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Take emperor Tinubu out of ACN and watch the party dissolve like Dangote sugar. Tinubu is the power behind ACN and not Fashola if you don't know. I am perfectly alright with it save that he is a classy crook.

I was expecting you to answer my questions, not to come up with your usual market women rumor like a laynman.

Btw, your silly rumor is enough to drive Yoruba people to the balot and cast their votes for the ACN?

You reason like an elementary school kid.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by leftone: 6:11am On Apr 18, 2011
i say here too that major parties in the east all voted PDP.
APGA,PPA all voted PDP.
am not saying there weren't irregularities but am just sighting this would have made it easy with no one to challenge it.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by jamebex(m): 7:32am On Apr 18, 2011
Can someone tell me the bane of all these nonsense we spew out of our mouth? I just pity all of you acusing the SE. If it were US now that record 100% turn we would have had 10 thread on NL front page heaping praise & worship to them & saying yes this is true democracy. Wake up oh ye sleeper. And for info everyone both old and young came out & voted in the SE. My mum has never voted all her life but came out that day and voted goodluck, likewise my siblings all came out to vote, even in the village my grandparents all came out and voted coz it was dear to everyone. Finally why do people do voters registration? Answer is to vote. Which is better, that people sit back at home after registration or come out and vote?
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Gbawe: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2011
There is so much stench of double-standard, inconsistency and hypocrisy in this thread. Add to that the desperation to align with the winning team when the victory being celebrated is actually hollow ,by definition, for those celebrating it. No one , and perhaps justifiably so,  has advocated for the break up of Nigeria more than the Igbos . No one has cried "marginalisation" more than the Igbos for good reasons also. To that extent , and in a rather wicked federal system, I would expect it to be the Igbos making a deliberate effort to gain more autonomy for their region. Instead the Igbos voted for continuation of the status quo while the much maligned Yoruba have made a legitimate effort to minimize the central influence of a federal Government that has made profligacy, inefficiency and unwieldy bearaucracy its stock in trade . I would respect Igbo leaders far more if , along with their constant agitations for self-actualisations, efforts are made at the regional level to reject the highly wicked federal structure the PDP has imposed on all of us for 12 years.

Instead they have voted enmasse for a man who outrightly rejected the call for a sovereign national conference. The igbos have also voted for a complete believer in the bloated federal system that has being unfair to their ethnic group. They have voted for a man who will certainly be perpetually obligated to not rocking the boat to survive for four years !!!!! This would mean being all things to all men and nothing good in particular for anyone . What has GEJ done for even his own ND region , as substantive President, if not appoint more con-artists to keep up the deception and injustice?  I can go on .

Instead , let me ask : what is actually being celebrated ?

As I said before , if GEJ is a dynamic , brave, principled man with unflinching political will , who is here to right the wrongs, then I will understand why some celebrate him . Instead all I see is the shameless attempt of some to associate themselves with the winning team . All I will say is that when GEJ starts to stink up the joint then I want those who shout now to similarly 'own' their victory then also as we asked those who celebrated Yar Adua , early on , to equally 'claim him' when Aondoakaa and ibori were killing the fight against corruption. Let us not forget that Jonathan ignored all the good guys who agitated for his emergence , during the turbulent Yar Adua health imbroglio, to embrace Danjuma, Anenih, Yuguda et al once he was sworn in as acting President . Even as substantive President he kept faith with the Aondoakaa type AGF (Adoke) while ignoring bringing in someone like Femi Falana to demonstrate a seriousness to 'clean up'.  Let us see what the Igbos will get for their support of the status quo at the hands of a man totally [/b]commited to a federal structure that is not working well for anyone but the elite few who consider themselves the "owners of Nigeria" . With the way they voted , the Yorubas are simply saying they have seen through the ruse of the PDP-led Nigeria that has meant that for 12 years grown adult , [b]who are legitimate stakeholders, cannot even so much as talk about what is important to them and what they desire from their Nation. It is those who want to persevere with such a system and its 'gatekeeper' who should be ready to accept whatever comes in future.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by ektbear: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2011
@Gbawe: Is the ACN going to challenge the fraudulent results in the SS/SE zone (see this post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648868.0.html)? Or was the party paid off by the PDP?
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Bisijohn: 9:22am On Apr 18, 2011
U will agree with me that there was massive rigging in the SE/SS. It was only in the SW that election actually took place. This really shows how enlightened the S-Westerners are. And besides, they still voted for Goodluck and not PDP. The most important election to them is gubernatorial and state assembly elections.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Gbawe: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Gbawe: Is the ACN going to challenge the fraudulent results in the SS/SE zone (see this post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648868.0.html)? Or was the party paid off by the PDP?

Man mi , stop believing all you read in the papers . No one "paid" off the ACN. The Party will protest legitimate rigging. There is no need to start emotionally preempting what will happen. I suggest that some of us begin to deal with the fact that GEJ , given what we have seen of late to include the lack of an opposition alliance, was set to win. I really don't understand why some folks , especially those from the SW , are upset at a GEJ win anyway. We have all seen how mediocre he is to know that nothing will change and , barring a miracle, many of us will be vindicated for criticizing him while some will look foolish, hasty and emotional with their support for GEJ when all indices show that he is a poor administrator .

The long and short of it , and the reason for my presence in this thread, is that the SE and SS were always set to vote for GEJ . That is their prerogative . It is democracy.

What I resent is for anyone to malign the SW for failing to come out for GEJ. Are we also not entitled to our apathy ? After 12 years of zero I would expect it to be more in character for it to be the region that shouts marginalisation ,non-stop, that will be vehemently rejecting and moving away from a callous federal government criticized for it profligacy and unwieldy structure that is too bloated to work for Nigeria.

Am I missing something here ? Should the Igbos be celebrating 'kingmaking' a man who , from his actions in office , demonstrates that he is a continuation of the status quo they condemn vehemently ? It seems uncharitable to be attacking the SW for displaying apathy towards the Presidential election . We have seen GEJ in action. It is not pretty or desirable at all. Our apathy is entirely justified . If believing in our local representatives is a crime , when Fashola and co have given us more reasons for that stance, then let some folks , who cannot see through Jonathan's ideological devotion to all that keeps us underdeveloped, not complain in future of "marginalisation" or the unwieldy federal structure that will not devolve power to regions even when that is very obviously the right and progressive thing Nigeria needs.

Jonathan talks of "full privatisation" of the Power sector yet next minute he is handing out large power contracts , indicating federal Government incompetent meddling , similarly to how OBJ behaved with the NIPP that gave us zero yet made some very rich!!! Let those who persevere with such insincerity not get on any high horse to cast aspersion on the character of those not totally taken with GEJ . It is the right of some to vote for GEJ and it is the right of others to abstain or to vote against GEJ . Real democrats should have no problem understanding that.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by ektbear: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2011
^-- The paid off part is not the focus of my post. The point of emphasis is the millions of fake votes in the SS and SE. If you let them stand w/o challenging them, they'll be used as a precedent to screw you over in 2015 and 2019.

Read this post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648868.64.html#msg8151346

Look at the spreadsheet there. Ask yourself if 70%+ voters turnout is reasonable, let alone 85%+ in Bayelsa (long story short, it is very implausible.)

My point is, it would be EXTREMELY FOOLISH for the opposition to let these results stand, even if it will not change the final outcome of the voting. Big difference between winning an election with 60% of the vote and winning with 40%. . . especially for any parties who are thinking of running against the PDP in 2015 or 2019.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by presido1: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

Tinubu know all these and still want to cut some deal with them. Birds of the same feather flock together i must say. Agains how can you call bankole corrupt man when he has not beed convicted of any? the same question you always ask beef when he say Tinubu is a thief.

All you guys should remove tribal reasoning to understand that all those politicians are the same. From PDP, ACN, APGA,CPC to SDP. Tomorrow you will see all of them dinning together and sharing their loot while you guys that are beeing cheated are here fighting for them.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Gbawe: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- The paid off part is not the focus of my post. The point of emphasis is the millions of fake votes in the SS and SE. If you let them stand w/o challenging them, they'll be used as a precedent to screw you over in 2015 and 2019.

Read this post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648868.64.html#msg8151346

Look at the spreadsheet there. Ask yourself if 70%+ voters turnout is reasonable, let alone 85%+ in Bayelsa (long story short, it is very implausible.)

My point is, it would be EXTREMELY FOOLISH for the opposition to let these results stand, even if it will not change the final outcome of the voting. Big difference between winning an election with 60% of the vote and winning with 40%. . . especially for any parties who are thinking of running against the PDP in 2015 or 2019.

Man mi , the guber elections will show you that the SW has finally turned the corner . When the stakes are high and we are dealing with what really matters to us we will 'have it' . That is not a bad mindset to have in a nation with so much retrogression and unfairness emanating from the centre . what folks don't understand is that GEJ is not averse to election rigging . He has simply refrained from 'trying it' in the SW because he knew it would be resisted and the fall-out from it could play into the hands of extremists looking for any semi-legitimate chance to forment chaos that may truncate the elections .

With the SE and SS being GEJ's base , where he is largely unopposed , it will always be difficult to conclusively prove election rigging because many will point to GEJ's overwhelming support in the region. With 2015 and beyond , you are worrying unduly . Look at how folks voted and the North south divide becomes very obvious enough even for Reuters to point it out in one of their articles on the Presidential poll . The apathy of the SW towards the Presidential polls is also a powerful statement for those wishing to strategize for 2015 .You should also look at this in terms of those who did not run and those who did . Will GEJ and Sambo defeat a Fashola and Ribadu pairing in 2015 , with iconic Buhari not running, if both men continue to do well in their endeavour and GEJ , as we expect , continues to stink up the joint ? Abeg don't worry about 2015 . All is well .

I am at ease with a Jonathan win , even if I don't support him, because , IMO, the SW is the biggest winner overall with how we have claimed our region back from the hands of the oppressive PDP. I would have greatly loved for Nigeria to gain a man with genuine political will as president because that would mean great hands at the centre supporting , not impeding , the efforts of regions and states . Alas we must respect the choice the electorate has made . After that we can then look at what the region and State we live in has gained overall . That is the biggest sign of victory IMO. The presidency of GEJ , for example , will mean nothing for Abia folks still forced to live with Theodore Orji's incompetence. Guys like Orji and Ohakim are set to profit from the massive support GEJ and ,by extension, the PDP enjoys in the SE and SS region. As such , I don't see what some have gained from a GEJ win .
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by ektbear: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2011
Alright. You make some good points. Hopefully things turn out correctly.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by saintneo(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2011
This is obviously due to the large Yoruba population in Anambra, Abia and Imo state. Yoruba people make up at least 50% of the population in those states
very hilarious . . . Yoruba are 60% of SE population
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by DeeDee11: 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
People should stop blaming ACN, TINUBU, FASHOLA, AKANDE, LAI n co.
The main aim of the failed alliance is to put resources together to counter the ruling party (pdp) with access to excess tax payers(our) fund.

Yes, no doubt ACN plays a neutral role by not mobilising their supporters but come to think of it,it is obvious ACN cant win the presidential election, the only possible outcome is run-off(rerun) so why should they waste their resources twice with low probability of winning?

I think ACN are saving their little resources for the governorship election which is near, where ACN candidates has a better chance of winning in the southwest and some other parts of the country like Benue, Akwa Ibom et al.
Do anybody have the idea of how much politicians spend for party agents and mobilisation?

Why can't RIBADU win his own polling unit, ward, local govt upto his state(Adamawa)?
Same thing apply to PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE CPC,i can recall he said CPC would swept SOUTHWEST without ACN.

To me over-ambition killed Ribadu chances, he should have started with senate since he's a lawyer.
Same apply to Tunde Bakare, both are lawyer and would serve this great nation better as senate 4 a start.

As Tinubu rightly said politics is about give and take.UK & US are typical example.In UK liberal democrats with 57seats produce the current deputy prime minister(Nick) while conservative with 306seats produce prime minister(Camron).Recently In US Obama prevented government shutdown by compromising with Republican regarding cuts in US budgets.

Buhari n Bakare(cpc) doesnt want to lose anything yet they wanted to win SW.it doesnt work that way,now they are crying foul when they've lost.

ACN are right 4 asking 4 a sign agreement, once bitten twice shy.Do u think AD would have varnish today if there was written agreement btw obasanjo and the yesterdays AD governors?Also do u think PDP zoning would have varnish today if there was written agreement btw Obasanjo and the north?

Personally, i do not believe in the figures from SS & SE, its kinda not realistic but it is possible since the figure doesnt exceeds number of registered voters in that zone.INEC should take note against future elections.Also the issue of under-age voters in north, INEC &security agents can do better.INEC should also take note of political campaign funds and money spent during electioneering,this is one of the reason majority of our elected officers fails.

Now that our votes seems to counts, Lets hope for the best under whichever elected governments and if no improvement,then we can use the power of our votes to vote them all out irrespective of their party , whether ACN, PDP, LP, APGA or CPC in the next election.

May God bless us all.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Lukenzo: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2011
Ohhh! I love your write-up about the ACN, PDP & CPC saga. You are a great writer and I always love to read what ever you write on here. It's great to have someone like you on here on Nairaland to learn from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? / Naija Minister Disgraced In New York. / There’s A Grand Christian Conspiracy Against Nigerian Muslims, JNI Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.