Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,662 members, 7,865,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Principles Of Successful Marriage || Ep. 2 || The Acts Of Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Principles Of Successful Marriage || Ep. 2 || The Acts Of Love (295 Views)

Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity / The Secrets Of A Successful Marriage | Dr. (mrs) Becky Eneche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Principles Of Successful Marriage || Ep. 2 || The Acts Of Love by loveandmatters: 8:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Hi friends, welcome to episode two on Principles of Successful Marriage. In the last episode we treated "Principle of Agreement" (https://www.nairaland.com/6474569/principles-successful-marriage-ep-), and today we'll be taliking about The Acts of LOVE.

In our world today you'd agree with me that the word Love has been abused and lost its value, people use it decietfully and without understanding what it really entails. It goes beyond words and emotion, it's a principle upon which the world is formed and can be maintained in its glorious state. Without love the world will be unlivable and unbearable.
So, in this thread I will be unveiling one after the other the Acts of Love.
Full Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vB69-7A6Lo

Love Is Beyond Feelings/Emotions (Life Experience)
Personal Experience:
One day my wife returned from work tired and weak, it was obvious she had a very rough day. I had earlier noticed when I put a call through to check on her day (It's one of our 'Love Rules' to check on one another, either by text or call). Immediately she dropped her bag, she said 'honey I need a massage', hmmm, of course that I can do after you've had a warm bath. She said thank you and we both smiled. Few minutes later something happenned, this rose into a very hot argument (The devil is a liar hahaha). The whole atmosphere had changed in minutes, the lovey lovey feelings all disappeared, and it was like the whole world was coming down on us that evening. Woah! We smiled few minutes ago, now we are having these terrible feelings? Aaargh, what just happenned? I asked myself.

While we both maintained our separate lanes, observing each other from afar, I suddenly remembered her request for a massage. Uh! Who does that? Massage ko massager ni mctcheew, I said to myself. Right there in that state, I felt compelled in my spirit to stand up and give her the massage. The voice said she's tired and you know it, and you've already agreed to give her the massage which will ease her stress; irrespective of how you feel at the moment, you just do what is best for both of you. That's how love works. Putting your feelings aside and seeing through the needs and neccessities. Never allow negative emotions overshadow your sense of reasonning, learn to manage yourselves without tearing each other. Hmmmm….. At this moment, I had a better understanding of what we professed; a better understanding of our Vow, a better understanding of Love, a better understanding of togetherness etc.
From that day, argument or not, we remain committed and true to the marriage. Our misunderstanding doesn't affect our roles, the children or the home in general. That is one of our secret for almost six years of our marriage now.

You see, Love is beyond your emotion. It is the ability to stay committed even when you don't feel like. It is the maturity in managing your differences without breaking bones. Love is deep.
......The Thread Continues.....

Friends kindly support our Channel please �, Subscribe and share comments. Thank you�.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6uT1rmVmO72_FOtng3ZxGg
Re: Principles Of Successful Marriage || Ep. 2 || The Acts Of Love by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:44am On Apr 02, 2021
Long but relevant. Thanks OP

Hey, check out my online store for juicy stuff. Link is on my signature

1 Like

Re: Principles Of Successful Marriage || Ep. 2 || The Acts Of Love by loveandmatters: 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Long but relevant. Thanks OP

Hey, check out my online store for juicy stuff. Link is on my signature

Thank you, I'll surely check it out.
Re: Principles Of Successful Marriage || Ep. 2 || The Acts Of Love by loveandmatters: 2:57pm On Apr 06, 2021
Love Gets Hurts, Love Is Forgiving

-My Wife's Commitment Statement-

I was having a random gist with my woman one day, and was shocked when she said, "Even when you do something wrong, I have forgiven you already". What! You mean you have forgiven me my future errors? I replied with a smile. Yes, she said.
That statement is huge and tempting. What kind of woman could have that kind of heart? It's also tempting in a way because that could be an opportunity for me to mess up at any given opportunity. I know a lot of women go through tough situations just to keep their homes, which shouldn't be; marriage should be enjoyed, not endured. So, this coming out of my wife's mouth touches me to the marrow; that doesn't mean we don't quarrel or argue, but I understood the statement well.
Of course her commitment and determination to make our marriage works, coupled with me playing my part religiously could have birthed that statement, but it's not easy hearing that from a woman; and that became my watch word too in God's grace.

One of the basic truth couples or intending loves must understand about love is; Love gets hurt but doen't keeps scores. This sounds simple, but it's deep. The moment couples understand that disagreement is inevitable in a relationship (except for a Slave and Master kind of relationship where the woman has no voice), they develop capacity to accommodate one another's excesses and remain steadfast in the successful journey of marriage. That's the true definition of Love.
Love gets hurt, Love is forgiving.

Kindly subcribe to our YouTube Channel for interesting discussion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6uT1rmVmO72_FOtng3ZxGg

(1) (Reply)

Ten Sons Vs One Daughter - Giving Your Children Good Spiritual Training / . / , , , ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.