Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,286 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation (322 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Now let's educate ourselves, because it seems we are been scammed by this great tribulation thing today.
What is abomination of desolation and what is the great tribulation?

We recall that Daniel prophesied these events long before Jesus came and was crucified.

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah(referring to Jesus Christ) be cut off(be crucified)...

So, abomination of desolation happened at the time Jesus was crucified 2000 years ago,that was why Jesus made reference to Daniel in Matthew 24

What is then abomination of desolation as spoken by Daniel?
It refers to a situation where the land of isreal was left desolate as a result of wars and the isrealites were conquered and were carried away by the Roman empire during Jesus time to another location, leaving the temple in Jerusalem desolate.

Matthew 24:6 And ye(to his disciples, not us today) shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

What end was he talking about?
The end of the old covenant not necessarily the end of the world.

Why was the term abomination used?
Because it was abomination to the Jews for the gentiles(the Romans since they were not priests or levites) to have access to the temple and since they were idol worshippers.
Idol worshippers having access to the temple of God?
That's abomination.

Ofcourse, you can understand why Jesus Christ was brutal to those who were buying and selling at the temple, because it was also abomination.

Why did God allow the abomination to happen?

Now, you understand how the term abomination of desolation came about. So, what is then the great tribulation?

WHAT IS THE GREAT TRIBULATION ?

Matthew 13:21 ...for when TRIBULATION OR PERSECUTION ariseth because of the word....

The great tribulation was persecution of Christians in bible days and nothing more.

so, when you see Jesus quoting saying in

Matthew 24:21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

He was simply referring to persecution of his disciples right from the days before his crucifixion to the days of the early Christian church in the book of act of the apostles (also the days of abomination of desolation)

Why am i saying all these?
If anyone tells you that there will be rapture or the great tribulation in the future please tell the person stop scamming me, they all happened 2000 years ago

Jesus Christ specifically says that generation shall not pass until those things happen
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
Yes
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by Baawaa(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
We have heard you,all is well
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
Baawaa:
We have heard you,all is well
yes, all will be well when pastors stop scamming church members who didn't know.
For now all is not well cheesy
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by Baawaa(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
paxonel:
yes, all will be well when pastors stop scamming church members who didn't know.
For now all is not well cheesy
OK,all will be well

1 Like

Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
paxonel:
Now let's educate ourselves, because it seems we are been scammed by this great tribulation thing today.
What is abomination of desolation and what is the great tribulation?

I know you do not deserve this Answer because you are A Hater of God but I will drop it because of the uninformed and the simple who may come in here.

Abomination of desolation- All the Abominations you see, hear and read about happening in those places that is commonly called "House of God"

Desolation- The "Dryness" and "death" which those which you see in those former "House of God" as A Result of The Departure of God From them and the Curse that now follows them!

Tribulation- Means Trouble-lations, Much Troubles.

These times as Seen in the world are Clearly Very Much Trouble-Full times, Food scarcity, increased hardship, continuous and extensive breach of Law, Unsafety, Disregard of Natural Rights, Too much Evil Reports, Increase in wicked works!

All these things are Seen happening All over the world EXACTLY AS PROPHECIED!
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I know you do not deserve this Answer because you are A Hater of God
just say you do not have anything to say

but I will drop it because of the uninformed and the simple who may come in here.

Abomination of desolation- All the Abominations you see, hear and read about happening in those places that is commonly called "House of God"

Desolation- The "Dryness" and "death" which those which you see in those former "House of God" as A Result of The Departure of God From them and the Curse that now follows them!

Tribulation- Means Trouble-lations, Much Troubles.
there is absolutely no link of what you are saying to scriptures that's why you can't quote one bible verse to support your claims. At this point between me and you who is now the hater of God?
Let the people you called the uninformed and the simple read and judge for themselves.

These times as Seen in the world are Clearly Very Much Trouble-Full times, Food scarcity, increased hardship, continuous and extensive breach of Law, Unsafety, Disregard of Natural Rights, Too much Evil Reports, Increase in wicked works!

All these things are Seen happening All over the world EXACTLY AS PROPHECIED!
as if hardship, food scarcely and trouble was not there from the beginning even before Daniel.
Then why will Daniel begin to prophesy what has been there does that make sense to you?
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
paxonel:
there is absolutely no link of what you are saying to scriptures that's why you can't quote one bible verse to support your claims.

By asking these questions, of Abominations and Tribulations you have clearly shown that aware of them thereby saving me the need to Cite the Scriptures.

Thus, all I have done is raise up the fact that these things Prophecies have happened and are happening and that Everyone Sees them and has Seen them and have Confessed that in Truth, these things have happened, as Proven here in the Religious Section, Family Section and Romance Section!

XXXXTENTACION:

Let the people you called the uninformed and the simple read and judge for themselves.
as if hardship, food scarcely and trouble was not there from the beginning even before Daniel.
Then why will Daniel begin to prophesy what has been there does that make sense to you?

They have already confessed to the Truth of it, as I said earlier!
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 6:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

By asking these questions, of Abominations and Tribulations you have clearly shown that aware of them thereby saving me the need to Cite the Scriptures.
no!
I throw the question and gave answers backing them with scriptures, but what did you do?
You came and started postulate theories without any scriptural reference what's that?
Obviously, something is suspicious about your submission

Thus, all I have done is raise up the fact that these things Prophecies have happened
you have agreed with me now that it has happened?

and are happening
no!
Don't twist it grin

What is happening today good or bad have no bearing to Daniel's prophesies or the bible.
Life goes on the way it was, the bad things we see today happening have been happening as usual from the beginning, infact i can prove that things are better now compared to how they were in the past

and that Everyone Sees them and has Seen them and have Confessed that in Truth, these things have happened, as Proven here in the Religious Section, Family Section and Romance Section!
what everyone are seeing isn't proof of anything.
They are all usual occurence that will be corrected over time as humans are learning everyday.
Every evil you see today is a sign that humans are still in the stage of learning. Another 1000 years or 2000 years from now there will be a lot of improvement in the fight against evil.
It was worst 2000 years ago when Jesus was still on earth compared to now.

They have already confessed so as I said earlier!
their confession is as a result of deception, and i seek to correct that error
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by Dtruthspeaker: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
paxonel:
no!
I throw the question and gave answers backing them with scriptures, but what did you do?
You came and started postulate theories without any scriptural reference what's that?
Obviously, something is suspicious about your submission
you have agreed with me now that it has happened?
no!
Don't twist it grin

What is happening today good or bad have no bearing to Daniel's prophesies or the bible.
Life goes on the way it was, the bad things we see today happening have been happening as usual from the beginning, infact i can prove that things are better now compared to how they were in the past
what everyone are seeing isn't proof of anything.
They are all usual occurence that will be corrected over time as humans are learning everyday.
Every evil you see today is a sign that humans are still in the stage of learning. Another 1000 years or 2000 years from now there will be a lot of improvement in the fight against evil.
It was worst 2000 years ago when Jesus was still on earth compared to now.
their confession is as a result of deception, and i seek to correct that error

Do you see and hear Satanson saying that your suffering is not real?

And that it is Normal?

Do you See how Much Satan hateth you and wisheth you to Suffer and Be in Misery and Pain?
Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you see and hear Satanson saying that your suffering is not real?

And that it is Normal?

Do you See how Much Satan hateth you and wisheth you to Suffer and Be in Misery and Pain?[/b]

that my suffering is not real is that what i said?

Is that how to comprehend?

Satanson

Re: Abomination Of Desolation And The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 5:05am On Apr 03, 2021
Ok o

(1) (Reply)

What Religion Does This Belong To? / My Father, My Son And My Holy Spirit - Emoji Devotions / 2020/2021 Hajj: Deputy Governor Speaks On N768m Refund To Intending Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.