Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,683 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, (43814 Views)

CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits / CBN Suspends COVID-Linked Loan Relief And Raises Interest Rates To 9% / ‘Breasts On Lantern’: Agonies Of Borrowers Of Nigerian Micro-credit Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by joefelin2345: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
budaatum:
When people say Buhari is putting his townpeople in positions of authority, I think, good. We can hold him and his people accountable and they can't excuse themselves by blaming others.

This is one such opportunity.

Aliyu Abdulhameed, the pioneer Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the NIRSAL Plc., is a multi-talented Agricultural Economist with varied experience in Institutional Development, Programme Management, and Process Development and Improvement. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration (with specialization in Public Policy) from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He also holds an Executive Masters Certificate in Project Management from the Project Management College, United Kingdom.

With a rich blend of formal learning, passion, research and hands-on experience in both the private and public sectors of the Nigerian economy, Mr. Abdulhameed has become one of the foremost Agribusiness Advocates in Nigeria and, indeed, Africa. His experience cuts across Consultancy Services, Commercial Agricultural Production, and Processing, Commodity Marketing, Input Management, Agricultural Extension Services, Transportation and Logistics. This broad exposure in agriculture and agribusiness made him the preferred candidate to lead Nigeria’s most robust and innovative Agriculture Sector Development Finance Institution. In NIRSAL, he is building an avant-garde institution leading Nigeria’s flight out of poverty and unemployment through the conceptualization and deployment of agricultural programmes to engage and enrich millions of smallholder farmers and other actors in the agricultural value chain.

A relentless campaigner for the use of technology to drive agriculture in Africa.

Abdulhameed’s dexterous leadership has put NIRSAL in the continental spotlight. Many reputable global players in the agriculture sector including the African Development Bank (AfDB), United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) demonstrated their appreciation of NIRSAL’s approach through partnerships and joint events. Governments across Africa are also understudying and adopting the NIRSAL model to continue the chain of agricultural development across the continent. Abdulhameed is a Fellow of numerous professional associations including the Microfinance Association of the United Kingdom, the Institute of Credit Administration (ICA) in Nigeria, Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Management of Nigeria (CIPSMN), and a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management. He is also, a Senior Associate Member of the Risk Managers Association of Nigeria (RIMAN), and an Honorary Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
https://nirsal.com/dt_team/aliyu-abdulhameed/
Good Resume but what are the benefits to an average Nigerian farmer that has now been affected by the effect of this scandalous corruption?

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Eriokanmi: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
GreaterFuture:
Smh.

You need FX, hit me Up
what are your rates like? How do you disburse?
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by lichocho(m): 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
BigBelleControl:
This people won't allow me to submit my loan application on their portal and their CEO is busy embezzling money. This country na wa.
i got one message from dem ooo dat I am prequalified to apply..I thought it was scammers oo..nmfb
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by lichocho(m): 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
goodyvin02:
Now that I want to follow and collect, they want to suspend it
i get one message from nmfb to apply ooo but I come think say na scammers..na d bvn part make me no apply oo..
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by BigBashiru: 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by BigBashiru: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
jospepper:
Like everything Nigerian they have killed this laudable program with greed!

First it was School feeding program
Then NPOWER
Then this Nirsal. Chai who do us?

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
dalongjnr:
Good one,later, they will blame Buhari for this. How? Because he probably appointed him to serve in his government to made a positive impact but ended up doing the opposite.
Most Nigerians, if not almost all, are corrupt.
SUG in universities, students do rigged election, cult guys must be settled for a peaceful election. SUG president and exco the embezzled money,.... And they say,the youths are leaders of tomorrow?
Now,oga don settled his people using NIRSAL loans. If you looked closely, he was an exco in SUG during his time in the university.
We have to lay a solid foundation against corruption or else!

SHUT UP AND STOP SAYING RUBBISH!!!
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by budaatum: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Boss grin grin grin grin

If u hear of ear tingling or earth shaking allegations that a staff of one of your companies is involved in heavy looting of the business, how will u react?

Won't u be worried?

Won't you act with a sense of urgency and briskly apprehend, prosecute the staff?

The President cannot deny that these allegations has not reached his desk.

Yes it takes 1 (one) to bring that desired positive change.

You mistake me, and yourself, for what we are not, which is, the president's desk of ear tingling or earth shaking allegations that a staff of one of your companies is involved in heavy looting of the business!

You think the president is like you and I who reads NL threads and therefore knows what is shaking the earth in his ears more than all the other things that might be shaking the earth in his ears.

In fact, you sound like those asking why God did not save Sharibu and stop the earthquake in Malibu and feed the staving girl in Timbuktu and kill satan dead instead of Jesus and rain down your breakfast this morning too. I mean, was Hod not worried!?

Basically, you sound like you believe that President Mohammed Buhari is an all mighty omnipotent knowitall god who we can sacrifice for the forgiveness of all our sins and worries.

All I can offer you is, good luck for refusing to see the evidence that is before your very own eyes that confirm that President Buhari is a mere single human being and not a superpowerful God.

On the day that you understand what you see with your eyes is the day your manna will stop falling from heaven because you've will till the earth with the sweat of thy brow for your own daily salvation.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by budaatum: 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
joefelin2345:
Good Resume but what are the benefits to an average Nigerian farmer that has now been affected by the effect of this scandalous corruption?

Suffering, of course. Which should make him or her more sceptical of good paper resumes when next they are asked to chose their leaders.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by jamace(m): 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dpharisee:

It's people appointed by your darling daddy that did this, forget about the one that happened in 1957 lipsrsealed
Gbam
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by femifemi1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
Just like previous government, corruption everywhere.

Any hope in the people of this country?

Even the places you least expect, you see Muster Corruption wearing tie.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by budaatum: 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
KingOKON:

Don't get things mix up, a leader knows where he is going and no distraction.
I'm absolutely certain you believe "a leader (my illustrious bubu in this case) knows where he is going and no distraction" which is why you'd follow your leader Buhari like a sheep.

Go on, think, then tell me which part of that statement of mine is the lie because even I know it can't all be true!

And while you are at it, please show me the boarding pass you were given when our leader led you without distraction to where he has gone for medical checkup.

KingOKON:

Crucify him, crucify him was the icing on the cake that made Christians what they are today it embolden the followers to take the the crusade to every path of the world.
This is the statement of a sheep who is merely parroting what it believes and which it has definitely not bothered to understand.

If only you had not crucified Christ and understood Christ instead, the world would likely be paradise today. But hey. God's time to alleviate your pain and suffering is best I guess. You should just wait on the Lord.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by jamace(m): 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
Modus operandi of loans/grants disbursing govt agencies:

- Announce that citizens should apply for loans/grants.
- Create online platform or issue forms to aspirants
- Give loans/grants to a few.
- Staff of govt agency share the bulk of money amongst themselves.
- The names of aspirants who filled the forms are used to balance the account..

PS: For those of us who have been filling various forms, sorry, our names have been used to syphon money.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by mushystuff: 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
dalongjnr:
Good one,later, they will blame Buhari for this. How? Because he probably appointed him to serve in his government to made a positive impact but ended up doing the opposite.
Most Nigerians, if not almost all, are corrupt.
SUG in universities, students do rigged election, cult guys must be settled for a peaceful election. SUG president and exco the embezzled money,.... And they say,the youths are leaders of tomorrow?
Now,oga don settled his people using NIRSAL loans. If you looked closely, he was an exco in SUG during his time in the university.
We have to lay a solid foundation against corruption or else!

Before you quickly exonerate Buhari the most innocent and unaware, let me ask you a few questions:
- The appointing authority should have anticipated the possibility of fraud and embezzlement a.k.a corruption. What preventive measures were put in place to forestall these occurrences?
- The op says NIRSAL is now required to submit monthly reports of its activities to CBN indicating a loss of trust which it enjoyed. Does it mean reports were not required until financial malfeasance became glaring? What then was the intent of the appointing authority if not to create a conducive environment for financial fraud?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by budaatum: 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

What can the blacks run successfully?? It's a curse guys. Read Noah and his sons. Ham is the father of Nigerians (Genesis 10)......

I'm absolutely certain that with just a very little bit of effort on your part black you can successfully run your life. In fact, I am prepared to put a wager on it that black you can successfully run your life.

You just let me know if and when you'd like to put to test whether black you can successfully run your life and we'd be good to go to show how successfully black you can indeed most certainly run your life.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by goodyvin02(m): 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
lichocho:
i get one message from nmfb to apply ooo but I come think say na scammers..na d bvn part make me no apply oo..
It's legit I know people that have collected
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Damovintrain: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
DeckeyLyrical:
I hope Covid-19 loan is not affected? My loan has been approved since oo

We plenty oooooo

God. Save us
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Damovintrain: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
Jaapu:

Shut up.

He wasn't talking

But typing

But y r u angry

E shock u abi

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Beremx(f): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
InaNla:
Where is the kworuption we are phyting?

Beremx, you campaigned vigorously for Buhari. I know you have been disappointed long time ago. But we will not forget your supports in a hurry. tongue
If you like don't forget. I care less. I have moved on, you can keep whining about me
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by laivwire(m): 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
Former employees have been complaining long ago about Abdulhammed's atrocities.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by KingOKON: 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
budaatum:

I'm absolutely certain you believe "a leader (my illustrious bubu in this case) knows where he is going and no distraction" which is why you'd follow your leader Buhari like a sheep.

Go on, think, then tell me which part of that statement of mine is the lie because even I know it can't all be true!

And while you are at it, please show me the boarding pass you were given when our leader led you without distraction to where he has gone for medical checkup.

This is the statement of a sheep who is merely parroting what it believes and which it has definitely not bothered to understand.

If only you had not crucified Christ and understood Christ instead, the world would likely be paradise today. But hey. God's time to alleviate your pain and suffering is best I guess. You should just wait on the Lord.

A trained dog will lead better than Buhari and let the Christians defend Christ but for the fact that they have established their gospel far better than Africans, that is true leadership and followership
I see you as one who is looking for the easy way out, one who looks at the followers and expect them to follow the mantra " do as I say and not do as I do".
If holding the topmost leader responsible for the failure of the general society is a taboo and easy way out for you, you can continue to sing their glory.
TINUBU is on is way maybe you can start composing some good reggae tune for him

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
wizzie001:
So what then happens to AGMEASIS loan after shortlisted candidate have paid several fees, trained and issued certificate?

Cant we just have something work in this country for once?

This is such a sad development!
You have to understand that NIRSAL PLC is different from NIRSAL MFB.
The AGSMEIS Program and NIrsal mfb still continues sir

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by budaatum: 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
KingOKON:

A trained dog will lead better than Buhari and let the Christians defend Christ but for the fact that they have established their gospel far better than Africans, that is true leadership and followership
I see you as one who is looking for the easy way out, one who looks at the followers and expect them to follow the mantra " do as I say and not do as I do".
If holding the topmost leader responsible for the failure of the general society is a taboo and easy way out for you, you can continue to sing their glory.
TINUBU is on is way maybe you can start composing some good reggae tune for him

I see your thinking. You will replace Buhari for trained dog bullion van friend of gandollar Tinubu.

I bet you want to follow Tinubu's mantra of "do as I do" so you too can have your own bullion van?

All I can say is, you deserve all the suffering you get because you have obviously not suffered enough.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by KingOKON: 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
budaatum:

I see your thinking. You will replace Buhari for trained dog bullion van friend of gandollar Tinubu.

I bet you want to follow Tinubu's mantra of "do as I do" so you too can have your own bullion van?

All I can say is, you deserve all the suffering you get because you have obviously not suffered enough.

Excuse me, plz what is the brand of weed and liquor you indulge in?
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Cutehector(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2021
grin
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by dalongjnr: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
mushystuff:

Before you quickly exonerate Buhari the most innocent and unaware, let me ask you a few questions:
- The appointing authority should have anticipated the possibility of fraud and embezzlement a.k.a corruption. What preventive measures were put in place to forestall these occurrences?
- The op says NIRSAL is now required to submit monthly reports of its activities to CBN indicating a loss of trust which it enjoyed. Does it mean reports were not required until financial malfeasance became glaring? What then was the intent of the appointing authority if not to create a conducive environment for financial fraud?
You didn't understand my submission but,just read the last sentence.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Itstrending: 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
IamAgod:

so are we getting the SME loan and household loan, because I really have hope on that money. Please educate me a little.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by junglej: 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
IamAgod:

I seriously hope so. We are all in the next batch
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by budaatum: 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
KingOKON:

Excuse me, plz what is the brand of weed and liquor you indulge in?

Why? Are you tired of indulging in your own brand of weed and liquor?

If so, I'm glad for you because indulging in all brands of weed and liquor is bad for your brain and is likely to distort your ability to reason properly especially if you are combining the two.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Jaapu: 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
Damovintrain:

He wasn't talking

But typing

But y r u angry

E shock u abi

Anger kill you there. All these online bandits self grin grin
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by InaNla(f): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
Beremx:
If you like don't forget. I care less. I have moved on, you can keep whining about me

Nothing do you madam. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? / Complete Digital Marketing Training Online / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.