Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, (43805 Views)

CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits / CBN Suspends COVID-Linked Loan Relief And Raises Interest Rates To 9% / ‘Breasts On Lantern’: Agonies Of Borrowers Of Nigerian Micro-credit Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Enyimbamercedes: 7:10am On Apr 03, 2021
NIRSAL is a cesspit!

Surprising to see that his profile doesn’t state he is related to the President’s wife which is the only reason he got the position and not by his experience.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Wallade(m): 7:18am On Apr 03, 2021
I observed that the commentators on this thread have mixed up the two separate organizations: NIRSAL MFB is not NIRSAL.

However, I think the loan process are entirely messed up with graft, favoritism and others

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:32am On Apr 03, 2021
We4all:

Guy, you should write about the Covid-19 loan as well. They purposely make the online portal inaccessible. Then some corrupt CBN staff have middle men stationed around. These middle men will now manually collect data, bvn and account number of individuals.

They will process the loans manually on the condition that you will remit a percentage to them. As I am posting this, some people have raked in millions from this deal. Imaging being paid 750K, and asked to remit 50% of the amount.

If someone don't put a stop to it, then this barbarism will continue until they exhaust all the funds approved by the FG. CBN staff are really cashing out.

I love petition like kilode. I'd write political platform on Tuesday on this subject. Trust me!
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by signz: 8:13am On Apr 03, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
NIRSAL is a cesspit!

Surprising to see that his profile doesn’t state he is related to the President’s wife which is the only reason he got the position and not by his experience.

This country sha cheesy
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by redsun(m): 8:46am On Apr 03, 2021
ejibaba:
Any small position anyone see it’s to convert it to scam spot. Thief everywhere

Nigeria is a crime inc. The yahoo yahoo group are the only crime outfit that manages to bring in external proceeds into the country. The rest, such as the politicians, civil servants, police, army, clergies and heads of parastatals suck the blood of Nigerian suckling.

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Cashalhaji: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wallade:
I observed that the commentators on this thread have mixed up the two separate organizations: NIRSAL MFB is not NIRSAL.

However, I think the loan process are entirely messed up with graft, favoritism and others

U have a point here, but I feel it's a decision to affect both Nirsal as an institution and d mfb as a sub
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Damovintrain: 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
Jaapu:

Anger kill you there. All these online bandits self grin grin

For your mind now
You're on point
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 9:57am On Apr 04, 2021
CSTRR:
This country can never be good.

Microfinance bank stealing from the govt.

CBN gave you funds to share to people, instead the useless microfinance bank sat on it.

Your claim is wrong.
You have to understand that NIRSAL PLC handles ABP loans which is very different from Nirsal MFB that handles intervention funds like AGSMEIS & TCF loans
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 10:03am On Apr 04, 2021
eodavids:
There is lots of corruption going on under the acclaimed agric loans of the federal government.

Currently, there are many Nigerians receiving alerts on loans given in their names.

These includes alerts of credits and then of debits from an account opened with their names, bvn and phone numbers as the alert no.
BUT THEY COULD NOT ACCESS THE MONEY NOR THE ACCOUNT.

It is a pitiable experience. The height of corruption. Nigerians are wicked against their fellows.

Listen, anybody that received such alert can always go to any Nirsal MFB branch to get clarity
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2021
We4all:

Guy, you should write about the Covid-19 loan as well. They purposely make the online portal inaccessible. Then some corrupt CBN staff have middle men stationed around. These middle men will now manually collect data, bvn and account number of individuals.

They will process the loans manually on the condition that you will remit a percentage to them. As I am posting this, some people have raked in millions from this deal. Imaging being paid 750K, and asked to remit 50% of the amount.

If someone don't put a stop to it, then this barbarism will continue until they exhaust all the funds approved by the FG. CBN staff are really cashing out.

You can also report such people on the banks portal at https://nmfb.com.ng/whistleblower/
I can’t say such things don’t happen for real, but we can change things
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 10:10am On Apr 04, 2021
We4all:

How much are you supposed to remit to the middle men?

If you don’t remit a dime, you will get your full value and nothing will happen sir.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 10:12am On Apr 04, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
When I wrote against them to political platform, some of friends who heard about it were dismayed. I knew how people were shortchanged in this NIRSAL, so I don't regret my action at all.

Shortchanged... how?
Are you referring to the TCF covid loan?

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 10:16am On Apr 04, 2021
Itstrending:
so are we getting the SME loan and household loan, because I really have hope on that money. Please educate me a little.
Yes, you will definitely get full value if the loan is approved sir
I know thousands of people that go the loan without knowing anybody sir.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 10:19am On Apr 04, 2021
junglej:

I seriously hope so. We are all in the next batch

AGSMEIS loan approval can be a bit slow, but I believe NIRSAL has worked on the application site for tracking and a more speedy approvals which also depends on CBN too
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 10:29am On Apr 04, 2021
CSTRR:

I wonder why Nirsal?

There are much better microfinance banks than Nirsal.

Northern nepotism strikes again and poor Nigerians will bear the results.

NIRSAL MFB is not owned by any individual A organization, it’s owned by:
The bankers committee 75%(all Commercial banks in Nigeria)
Nipost 15%
NIRSAL PLC 10%
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
IamAgod:

Shortchanged... how?
Are you referring to the TCF covid loan?

What's d thread? Isn't it NIRSAL?
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

What's d thread? Isn't it NIRSAL?

The thread talks about Anchor Borrower Program
& you said you know people that were shortchanged.

This is contradictory
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2021
IamAgod:

The thread talks about Anchor Borrower Program
& you said you know people that were shortchanged.

This is contradictory

CBN suspends all loans to NIRSAL
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by IamAgod(m): 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

CBN suspends all loans to NIRSAL

Okay so I take it you didn’t read or pay attention to the memo op uploaded.
It was directed to NIRSAL PLC not Nirsal MFB and it was stated that pending the time Nirsal PLC recovers it loans that were disbursed, (ABP LOANS) the CBN will suspend all loans to the institution

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
IamAgod:

Okay so I take it you didn’t read or pay attention to the memo op uploaded.
It was directed to NIRSAL PLC not Nirsal MFB and it was stated that pending the time Nirsal PLC recovers it loans that were disbursed, (ABP LOANS) the CBN will suspend all loans to the institution

Yes. It was directed at NIRSAL plc, and what concerned CBN was d loan. So NIRSAL loan was d subject and that was what I wrote about. I have no business or whatsoever with the MFB part of NIRSAL. I read across the line and I paid absolute attention to the details of the context. So I don't know the correction you're looking for.
Re: CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, by freeborn02: 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
johnmartus:
A shameless man like you won't stop lying on me.

Where is the Air Nigeria you spent billions to launch years ago? Your party is as corrupt as it goes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? / What Business Can I Start With N80,000? / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.