Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots (73740 Views)

Banks In South-East Comply With IPOB Directive, Bring Down Nigerian Flags / Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) / Wreckage Of Missing NAF Alpha Jet 475 Found In Bama, Body Of Pilot Also Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Blackdisciple(m): 9:25am On Apr 03, 2021
hmmm!
Just within Nigeria they lost radar contact chaiii!!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 9:39am On Apr 03, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Bro I just watched that video properly and indeed it was BH led by Shekau who brought down that jet. That jet was brought down with a FIM-92 Stinger. The FIM-92 Stinger is a man-portable air-defense system (MANPADS) that operates as an infrared homing surface-to-air missile (SAM).

I hope you all know what that means. Boko haram just upped their game! No one is safe. No plane flying over that route is safe!

CC:
marvin906
babaolofin
nograv

Watch that video again something is wrong..
That jet doesn't look like what anything touched..
That engine is on fire..
If it was touched it won't still be intacted..
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by afamaustin(m): 9:51am On Apr 03, 2021
Am not surprised,yet Nigeria army will deny it
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by maxwell21000(m): 10:50am On Apr 03, 2021
I doubt it was an RPG, it's most likely an anti aircraft gun with wicked caliber. RPG rearly hit jets because they fly too fast and can dodge them with relative ease except they have infrared guiding system. RPG are more effective for war helicopters..
Supan:
Planned script by the fulani jihadist... How can an ordinary RPG shoot down a fast flying jet fighter, when it is not guided with signal or heat seeking device? Was it flying two feet above the ground to be gunned down easily when it isn't helicopter?

I believe their flight path and height was leaked to BH by their brothers in the army, so they could position well to shoot it down.

They keep sending southerners in their compromised army to their early grave. keeping the south weakened militarily.

Well, if any southerner thinks serving together with BH sympathizers in a compromised army like Nigeria's is Patriotism and not foolishness, RiP in advance to him.

Buhari will never allow Boko Haram to be defeated.

Boko Haram is Buhari and also Fulani herdsmen.

Argue with next level change.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Mrtaye: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2021
donem:

Pleased to meet you too sir, like you rightly concluded, indeed God knows best. keep forging ahead in your endeavors, Bravo Zulu.
Nice one bami
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by FATnigga(m): 11:00am On Apr 03, 2021
I play Metal Gear a lot. There is no fuckiing way boko boys have anti air missiles, because that's the only weapon that can bring down a jet or plane.

Any we need to break up from the North Now. They have ruined the Army. If you're in the Nigerian army & from south Nigeria, leave the army now!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by JaceBlaze: 11:17am On Apr 03, 2021
Nawa ohhh shocked

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by bizzibodi(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2021
Nairalandmonika:

Shey the pilot cannot evacuate and abandone the jet, anyway I'm not surprised, it this very country that an airforce pilot crashed and died while training for ordinary independent Day celebration.
Bros those are 50yrs old jet I doubt if d ejection mechanism is working efficiently....every now & then those jets they crash with no stories of pilots ejections or survival.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by oluwaahmed: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

What baffles me is that, at this time and age, with all the resources we have, Nigeria can't even boast of one or at least two active surveillance and assault drone(s), that ought to be patrolling the region at least 10hrs daily, in a campaign like this drones are the best option, target, aim and destroy, undetected. It just goes to show that there are elements within the system, feeding fat from this mess.

We can't have drones because we dont have satellite capabilities/ imaging. However for that mission an apache would have been a better choice than the jet. Even without drones we can still spend a little on modern equipment like laser guided munitions below wch helps the aircraft locate and annihilate its target without bring so close to the ground.

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Jakumo(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2021
oluwaahmed:

We can't have drones because we dont have satellite capabilities/ imaging.

This statement is absolutely false and factually incorrect. One does not need to OWN satellites to use them, sir. Drones used by hobbyists today, are GPS satellite enabled, meaning that they can be programmed to precisely follow pre-programmed flight-paths drawn on map using a computer or smart device , towards any specified GPS coordinates within range of the drone's battery, and at any specified height above ground.

US police departments currently use consumer-level drones to monitor high crime areas, and they certainly don't OWN any satellites. Anyone in any country worldwide, holding a portable GPS receiver, or even a GPS-enabled smartphone, is also dependent on GPS satellites, without any need to OWN a multi-million dollar satellite.

Returning to military drones, there is no reason why Nigerian police departments and the Nigerian military cannot buy CHEAP consumer level drones, purely for surveillance. Your dissertation about Apache helicopter is fascinating, but of no relevance at all to Nigeria's military, because Apache helicopters are NOT available for purchase by the Nigerian military, whose reliance on Russian helicopter gunships is well documented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Horus(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
Man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS or MPADS) are shoulder-launched surface-to-air missiles (SLSAMs).
They are typically guided weapons and are a threat to low-flying aircraft, especially helicopters.

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Pacesetter123(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
jaxxy:

There are borders oga bt there are always illegal routes and paths even in Cotonou there are bush routes and paths to Nigeria. The North just has more.
That's what am saying nah,they have more and it's very porous.And what is Babandede and Hammed Ali doing about the many porous border routes up there?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Bro I just watched that video properly and indeed it was BH led by Shekau who brought down that jet. That jet was brought down with a FIM-92 Stinger. The FIM-92 Stinger is a man-portable air-defense system (MANPADS) that operates as an infrared homing surface-to-air missile (SAM).

I hope you all know what that means. Boko haram just upped their game! No one is safe. No plane flying over that route is safe!

CC:
marvin906
babaolofin
nograv

Chai, lord have mercy... shocked

That does look like a stinger, if that is one then truly the game has changed.

Mtcheww... where did they get them? The north nawao..
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2021
nograv:

The video is fake
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 2:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
nograv:

The thing sef shock me Bro! In the black market, one of those sells for between ₦30m to ₦40m and they can be gotten from Libya then ferried across the porous northern borders.

Funny thing in my first post on this matter, I was blaming the competence of the pilots because I knew only a SAM could do that, but I totally ruled out BH clout to access those.

Now I have seen that indeed they have access to those and it pains me how the north let this monster grow teeth because of bad politics.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 2:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
marvin906:

The video is fake

Let's assume the video is fake Bro that's no longer the priority here. The question we should be asking is how did BH have access to SAMs? How the hell did they get their hands on a Stinger?!
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Horus:
Man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS or MPADS) are shoulder-launched surface-to-air missiles (SLSAMs).
They are typically guided weapons and are a threat to low-flying aircraft, especially helicopters.

Not even only choppers Bro. Those bad boys can hit any aircraft because it has heat seeking capabilities.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
FATnigga:
I play Metal Gear a lot. There is no fuckiing way boko boys have anti air missiles, because that's the only weapon that can bring down a jet or plane.

Any we need to break up from the North Now. They have ruined the Army. If you're in the Nigerian army & from south Nigeria, leave the army now!!!

The actually do Bro. They have FIM-92 Stingers, designed to fire Heat seeking SAMs! Biggest problem i think of now is, how long till fulani bandits operating down south get their hands on those? After all its the same chain of supply!

We are in trouble!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Damovintrain: 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
Indeed Christians are the ones killing bandits and BH

Earlier today, the Air Force Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, revealed the identities of the pilots as Flight Lieutenant John Abolarinwa and Flight Lieutenant Ebiakpo Chapele.

In Gumi's voice
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Jakumo(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

The actually do Bro. They have FIM-92 Stingers, designed to fire Heat seeking SAMs! Biggest problem i think of now is, how long till fulani bandits operating down south get their hands on those? After all its the same chain of supply!

We are in trouble!

A shoulder-fired AA weapon would be a big concern for airline operators flying Nigerian airspace. Some years ago, Iraqi terrorists invited a female journalist to watch them shoulder-launch a missile at a DHL Boeing 767 that was climbing up to cruise level on departure from Baghdad airport. The jet landed after turning back with one wing aflame from the missile hit. That feat of airmanship entered the realm of legend on that day.

Afghan terrorists armed with US-made stinger missiles downed several Russian Mi-24 helicopter gunships deployed as part of Russia's ill-fated occupation of Afghanistan during the early 1980s, and it wasn't long before the Russians pulled out of that war-ravaged land. It is therefore conceivable that Islamic terrorists could have supplied Boko Haram with a similar shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missile system.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Lancer47(m): 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2021
winterfell007:
Well it's obvious. The Nigerian Army is incapable of defeating a small ragtag insurgents. We have lost the war against insurgency. That means if we're at war with another standing army, we'll be wiped out to oblivion.
Shame to the Nigerian Army and government as a whole
If we at war we need black magic
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by tit(f): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
jaxxy:

If the government had sense the repentant gumi bandits will be converted to extra ground forces to fight bokoharam. That’s what America did with rebel forces in Syria and used them to fight ISIL we are here playing stupid tribal hate and emotional nonsense asking Mumu questions.

Allah,
Dash this mumu sense.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by jaxxy(m): 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
tit:

Allah,
Dash this mumu sense.

Like he did for America.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Oshokalo: 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
IMAGINE THEY MISS THE TARGET JET,IMAGINE WERE THAT THING GO FALL PUT,OR THEY HIJACK THE JET FROM THE PILOT,U NO WAT THEY WILL DO,THEY WILL JUST FLY IT BOMBING EVERYWY

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Abandoned Vice President Residence: Weeds, Reptiles Take Over Mansion / SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos / Edo Election: Oshiomhole Taunted After Loss (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.