Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots (73759 Views)

Banks In South-East Comply With IPOB Directive, Bring Down Nigerian Flags / Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) / Wreckage Of Missing NAF Alpha Jet 475 Found In Bama, Body Of Pilot Also Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
joey150:

So, let me get something straight, Bokoharam films every jet that flies over them for entertainment?

Then this jet that 'suddenly' lost Comms with the tower happened to go down without a single mayday call just as Bokoharam were shooting a season film in the forest?

First of all a modern military jet is incredibly loud. Trust me if it is sweeping overhead you hear it

If it is strafing you, you will film it, even if it is to make a propaganda film with stirring music to show you survived the onslaught. ISIS did this all the time to bolster morale.

That a few clueless idiots may have tried to shot at it is a given. By chance it suffered mechanical failure, went down as they filmed the attack. The insurgents quickly tracked it to where went down and claim they shot it down.

Its makes for great propaganda and certainly has you worried. But the chances of that being true are low, unless Boko has SAM capability which they havent shown before..

Like I said lets calm down. Even a stray bird sucked into the jet engine can cause engine failure, which is possible if the plane is flying low..
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyglm:
this is not the ist time boko haram are downing a jet.

Post the evidence..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

I never ever said an RPG downed the jet. If you go through my posts so far on this, you'll see where I corrected an opinion that an RPG can down a fighter jet.

An anti aircraft gun on the other hand (they quoted a 105mm hotweizer AA gun in the post) handled by a good gunner will hit that jet if it's flying low! They were making a video of them attacking the jet after which the jet went up in flames right in the video. How then can that guy say it was not BH who downed the jet?

Mind you the original post never said the particular weapon BH brought down the jet with. We are just speculating but an RPG "under normal circumstances " can't ever bring down a fighter jet!

Remember is not only BH that's operating there iswap too..
In every scenario presented the jet must be flying low for any hit to occur...
I can't put it to pilot incompetence cause this guy's aren't first timers it has not be jet malfunctioning
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Ever8090: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Middle belt should come out clear and remove themselves from this shit-hole call Nigeria..let the north continue their agenda alone

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by okeyglm: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

Post the evidence..
search over in the net
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Tonalphs(f): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Well you have said it all. We have cold blooded jihadist sympathizers in power. Thank God your hubby made it and I am sure he's happy for another opportunity at life. I'm pretty sure he won't be going back there so let him count his blessings. I have a friend over there. He's been there for 2 years now. I pray he makes it back home in one piece
if he's married, I hope he married a praying wife. she will wrestle both heaven and earth for his life back. that's what I did. midnight prayers, devotion time in the office I'll always raise a prayer request.
and we didn't even notice when the walls came down. God used his hand and brought him out in His own planned way. trust me, if it wasn't that way, I doubt they would have released him because they are short of man power and people are bribing their way so badly not to be posted there.
hubby is a man of integrity so we sought God.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyglm:
search over in the net

So you have none..

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by 77star: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
Iknowhow:
Very stupid for a whole nation army not able to defeat a group of armed militant. If any of you still support this rulers and find it peaceful to hear this ,you are all mad. God please let me leave this country. Like what the FF.. just a group terrorising a whole nation with military force.. no naaa it doesn't make sense and my pain is that ppl will come under this and still talk well of this rulers . Unimaginable
Full of wisdom
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyglm:
this is not the ist time boko haram are downing a jet.

Oga there is no scenario BH can down a jet without error from the pilot side
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by okeyglm: 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by okeyglm: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Oga there is no scenario BH can down a jet without error from the pilot side
go and rest https://www.hindustantimes.com/world/boko-haram-video-shows-beheading-of-nigeria-pilot/story-U3GZloqd2IxPdJgwgLfMJN.html
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Eriokanmi: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2021
Idiko1:

This type of comment make me feel most Nigerians do not know the hell that goes in Nigeria. Bro there is no n=border between Niger, Chad and Nigeria. Nigerian border in the north is as porous as sandy soil. You simply drive Republic of Niger in and out of Nigeria through the border in the north. I had wished the southern borders are as open as the northern borders. Nigeria operates two countries, one for the northerners and another for the southerners.
na so dem talk oo. 99% of the vehicles driven in the north including those sold in the various car marts in abuja came in through Niger and Chad borders, no documentation, no papers. This is a good reason we must call it quite with this union.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Remember is not only BH that's operating there iswap too..
In every scenario presented the jet must be flying low for any hit to occur...
I can't put it to pilot incompetence cause this guy's aren't first timers it has not be jet malfunctioning

Exactly! Well we'll never know exactly what happened. I hope the northern elders are happy with their war

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by vioment: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2021
Zane2point4:

What do u expect from aboki, you think say that name na for fancy?
They're in the helm of all offices without giving easterners a chance, aboki wey I teach for nysc wey no sabbi spell cow sef.
I don't expect anything more.

I feel you but I no dey line of blames. I prefer solutions.

Every state in Nigeria is in the borderline of stone ages. When compared to the height We suppose dey. We all have work to do. And it will be faster and have more quality if all hands(corners) are on deck.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyglm:
go and rest https://www.hindustantimes.com/world/boko-haram-video-shows-beheading-of-nigeria-pilot/story-U3GZloqd2IxPdJgwgLfMJN.html

Understand my statement BH can't can never shoot done a jet without error from the pilot..
Tell me what BH has that can shoot down a jet not on ground level
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Exactly! Well we'll never know exactly what happened. I hope the northern elders are happy with their war

It's a monster they created that has become something we have to kill unless be consumed by it

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Dpharisee: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:
Interesting ! They are now capable of knocking off Nigeria military jets out of the sky !

Buhari is a very good and competent President and Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces. Boko Haram are just getting stronger under his administration. Well done sir !
Please don't speak like that about Felix the and his alternate account NLPoliceWoman father and darling daddy cool

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Horus(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

Thank you my brother..

Look I hate Boko Haram as much as the next man, but as far as I am aware unless foreign elements are arming them. Like the CIA did with the mujjahadeen in Afghanistan when they were fighting the Soviets, Boko just doesnt have the means to take a jet down.

I thumbed you up for that...

The idea of them taking Nigerian army armoured cars and tanks is plausible. ISIS in Syria proved that well organised forces with high morale can defeat well equipped standard forces on the ground (in this case the american armed and trained Iraqi army and Syrian army under Bashir Assad..

Things only went bad for the Islamic state when advanced airforces were deployed against them.. Showing the value of air superiority..

I agreed with you. Boko Haram does not have the means to take a jet down. They are being aided. Also, there is an insider's deal. There are enemies within.

The cases of Afghanistan and Syria showed what can happen anywhere you have foreign interest backing.

When there was a failed coup attemp in Niger Republic few days ago, a Former US Sahel envoy J Peter Pham tweeted that both the President-lect and outgoing President Mahamadou Issoufou were safe. Also, there was a time a military Armoured vehicle was intercepted by the customs after it was cleared from Lagos Port. It took almost a week before it was found out that the Tank belongs to US for an undisclosed operation at Niger Republic.

Former U.S. Sahel envoy is still monitoring events at Niger Republic. This means he was in the U.S. Intelligence Service when he was posted as an envoy. Nigeria also post people from NIA as envoys .

What is happening now is very clear. So many things are happening around Boko Haram and ISWAP issue. Some are working as espionage / informants and negotiators, some want to sell their war equipment. This is the major reason Buhari didn't want to change the Service Chiefs. They want to frustrate and push new service chief to fresh negotiations. I really sympathize with NAF losing one jet per month . How many operational jets do we have?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by okeyglm: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Understand my statement BH can't can never shoot done a jet without error from the pilot..
Tell me what BH has that can shoot down a jet not on ground level
please what are you arguing self. are you saying its pilot error was the reason the plane was down at the Battle field. what kind of error if I may ask. or you didn't bothered to read the news article.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by samuel900(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Lai Mohammed.... they have brought your food

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by mindtricks: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
Tolexander:
These people are getting sophisticated daily.
Don’t be surprised seeing them launching a furious assault soon on strategic places in Nigeria. if we aren’t careful.
Quite sure someone in the Nigerian military intelligence is leaking some information to them
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Florenzo222(f): 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
So tired of this country

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by 77star: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
History555:

United brotherhood that eats the hazard allowance for soldiers
United brotherhood that does not inform family members of the death of loved ones
United brotherhood that eats the gratuity and pensions of soldiers
United brotherhood that eats the insurance policy of dead soldiers
United brotherhood that eats the disability entitlements of disabled soldiers
After all these fac, instead of him to admit
U'll see he wouldn't

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by olugabbie(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
Supan:
Planned script by the fulani jihadist... How can an ordinary RPG shoot down a fast flying jet fighter, when it is not guided with signal or heat seeking device? Was it flying two feet above the ground to be gunned down easily when it isn't helicopter?

I believe their flight path and height was leaked to BH by their brothers in the army, so they could position well to shoot it down.

They keep sending southerners in their compromised army to their early grave. keeping the south weakened militarily.

Well, if any southerner thinks serving together with BH sympathizers in a compromised army like Nigeria's is Patriotism and not foolishness, RiP in advance to him.

Buhari will never allow Boko Haram to be defeated.

Boko Haram is Buhari and also Fulani herdsmen.

Argue with next level change.

Lol. Most fighter jets are equip with artillery guns. So for the pilot to use the gun against ground target. The aircraft has to be close to the ground.

It is possible for the terrorist to down the aircraft with thier anti aircraft guns when it is flying very low. It is also possible that the aircraft develop mechanical fault which led to the crash.

The fighter is an old aircraft. It does not carry guided missile or long range missile.

We need more JF-17. The Pakistani JF-17 is a 4th generation fighter. It is a formidable fighter jet. It is equip with top notch avonics and it has BVR (beyond vissual range) capability. It can hit a target from a long distant. We need minimum of 20 of such aircraft for a start. We also need to buy formidable attack helicopter from Russia.

With formidable air force. Boko haram will be defeated in no time.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Mathoj: 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
SOUTHERN MILITARY OFFICERS ALWAYS DYING ! The two pilots are Yoruba and Ijaw officers

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by 77star: 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
Idiko1:

You are one of the people real Nigerians should avoid. The issue of Nigeria has gone beyond restructure. It is now into disintegration. I do not care if Nigeria morphed into 200 countries.
Abi

All we want is peace
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Tunagee(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
What do these guys really want? Is it Borno or Maiduguri?it's getting more and more complicated. What do they want from the Nigerian government?
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by adedehinbo(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
It's high time Nigeria invite Russian soldiers to wipe these guys off once,they re being sponsored heavily by the west
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by joey150(m): 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

First of all a modern military jet is incredibly loud. Trust me if it is sweeping overhead you hear it

If it is strafing you, you will film it, even if it is to make a propaganda film with stirring music to show you survived the onslaught. ISIS did this all the time to bolster morale.

That a few clueless idiots may have tried to shot at it is a given. By chance it suffered mechanical failure, went down as they filmed the attack. The insurgents quickly tracked it to where went down and claim they shot it down.

Its makes for great propaganda and certainly has you worried. But the chances of that being true are low, unless Boko has SAM capability which they havent shown before..

Like I said lets calm down. Even a stray bird sucked into the jet engine can cause engine failure, which is possible if the plane is flying low..

Sure planes can fall out of the sky due to a gazillion reasons.

But this coincidence you're insinuating is way too convenient.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Christistruth00: 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
Tolexander:
These people are getting sophisticated daily.
Don’t be surprised seeing them launching a furious assault soon on strategic places in Nigeria. if we aren’t careful.
Quite sure someone in the Nigerian military intelligence is leaking some information to them

As Gen Adenigiri said Boko Haram are not formidable.

It is Compromised Government Officials that need to be dealt with first.

If not for Nigeria , the Chadian Army would have put an end to Shekau and his Boko Haram long ago,

Shekau was already crying for Chad to have mercy and begging his fighters not to run away before the Nigerian Army stepped in and literally “saved” him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/357102-why-nigerian-army-has-not-defeated-boko-haram-theatre-commander.html

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/05/chadian-army-kills-more-boko-haram-terrorists-shekau-begs-fighters-not-run-new-audio

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Built A Chapel In Honour Of Late Mother (Photos) / How Many Times Has Buhari Worn Suit Since He Came Into Power? (Photos) / Price List Of Sessions At Aisha Buhari's Beauty Institute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.