Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots (73736 Views)

Banks In South-East Comply With IPOB Directive, Bring Down Nigerian Flags / Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) / Wreckage Of Missing NAF Alpha Jet 475 Found In Bama, Body Of Pilot Also Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by DedeNkem: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
The useless, corrupt and incompetent Nigerian military is stupidly busy chasing IPOB while Boko Haram, Bandits and Fulani terrorists are busy destroying the country!!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by OyinO: 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
Why are you all surprised? Stewpeed dumb Nigerians who are afraid to die. Bloody cowards running away from death since time immemorial but death and destruction keep getting closer to them until they'll be consumed. Bloody hypocrites who pay NEPA bills without receiving "light" electricity supply. People who bribe road police even without committing crimes. People saying, "One Nigeria" because they are gainfully employed or benefitting from the system.
Bloody cowards electing and applauding wicked and heartless homopoliticus deviants who swear oaths of allegiance and office with fake Bible and Quran without repercussions or consequences when they compromise.
A people enjoying zoo life but deceiving themselves they are giants of Africa.
A people who are globally famous for being the most religious con3 with the most corrupt people. A people blessed with vast resources and unquantifiable wealth but the world's wretched.
A people who USE RELIGION (Christianity and Islam) to cover their wickedness.
How can anything good come out from such a hellhole? When you're busy supporting and enjoying zoo life experience, what else do you expect? So why are some people surprised at this news? because they are a bunch of confused hypocrites who belong to the wealthiest con3 with the poorest people.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by tit(f): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
Fake news.
The pilots are eating amala and tuwo in the barracks

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by vioment: 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
Zane2point4:

Yes I believe we all have work to do as u said, but the big question is whether the leaders want it?

I believe they're many officers qualified for all these post but due to nepotism and tribalism he only conciders a particular section of the country, is that how we're going to work together?

Until they shun nepotism and embrace competency nothing will work.

How can a rag tag army shoot down a jet with ordinary AA gun, a supersonic jet though an ancient jet per say, but if those boys knew what they're were doing they don't suppose to fly too low with that shitty box blc I believe it won't have state of the art warning or missile deterrent system.

A lot of elements of truth here.

Nepotism is definitely a major problem in Nigeria.

As for the idiotic leaders driving Nigeria to hell with speed, I don't know what their desires are, I wish they and their generations pay for their sins .

Dubai has oil like Nigeria but it is like we have unusable sand and they have oil.

Our work is cut out for us, we can only pray that our leaders work for Nigeria with their best intent guided by wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by maxzzo1(m): 11:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
I knew it
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by BabaO2: 12:10am On Apr 03, 2021
DoubleBliss:
Which way Nigeria?
we need regional government and mercenaries
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Funflipper: 12:13am On Apr 03, 2021
marvin906:

Nigeria is the second largest owner of ucav in Africa or West Africa one of those..
Well the point I was trying to make is this the military has enough ucav..
With the wing long coming is getting stronger

So what do they do with the ucavs or are they just hanger queens? Our soldiers are dropping like flies in the battlefield which shouldn't be happening if we had adequate air support.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 12:20am On Apr 03, 2021
Funflipper:

So what do they do with the ucavs or are they just hanger queens? Our soldiers are dropping like flies in the battlefield which shouldn't be happening if we had adequate air support.

That's the issue on ground the airforce for is stretched thin right now and doesn't react quickly with ground support..
That's why I support the army to have its own fleet of attack helos
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Kingfragz: 12:36am On Apr 03, 2021
Pacesetter123:
So you think there is boarder control in the north?
Do you ask yourself how the herdsmen they said are foreigners do come into Nigeria from neighbouring country with AK47 ? No boarder check in the north at all!!
o mehn....everything na north north.....their head is not correct oo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by ayandee: 12:49am On Apr 03, 2021
Julianaa:
it seems these guys are more equipped that the military

My opinion is, politicians or someone from the military is funding them

The more Buhari "budget or borrow another billion fo the army", the more Boko Haram weapons grows
And that funding, wherever it's coming from, is huge. This is really worrisome

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 03, 2021
Hmmm na wa o ...but the video is one kind sha.... The plane shown in the video seems to explode on it's own not necessarily as a result of combat fire and I don't think anything would survive with that ball of fire. The plane number at the rudder is quiet disturbing, if NAF is claiming that is not their plane are they suggesting Boko Haram have been downing planes we are not aware of. I think there should be a back door between the group and government that we are fighting doesn't mean we shouldn't be talking to each other, if the pilots are alive biko let negotiate, if they are dead send their bodies home.
NAF sending one plane that has no aircraft anti missile defense system is something to questionable. You are dealing with a group funded by different vested interest.
I just hope we have closure on this matter, but I can't thank Air Commorde Edward Gabkwet for bringing the matter to the public.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Eriokanmi: 1:09am On Apr 03, 2021
luluosas:
My condolences to the bereaved family. But why was the aircraft flying low in a battle ground? I hope these southern pilots were not sacrificed by the northern oligarchs in the military. It is well
The arotile of a girl who knew how to treat boko haram fuk-up had been assassinated last year...what a brave NAF Officer. Since she was killed in the barracks and in their usual habit, the army lied about the whole scenario, I knew nothing good could come out of them. Useless people

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by tradepunter: 1:37am On Apr 03, 2021
chatinent:
The same Anti-aircraft they used in bringing the jet down is what they use at humans. Mehn.

Spot on...

DownMemory lane: 2016, location redracted

After safely coordinating NGO daily mission for that day. Intel came in BH militias are closing in on location..

First wave acted as a cover for the second...

They had these aircraft carrier guns attached to a car batteries.... not manned by humans but fully automated..

Now you have what is called hell on Earth, sustained attack...... continuous steady fire for 20 minute none stop till the belt fed magazines ran out, any military personnel on the way blown out of the way...

Any armoured personnel carrier blown out

That Outpost or forward operating base was overwhelmed...

Technicals are what they call them, they are the worst form of assault fire a soldier can encounter, especially if the enemies came prepared.

It was this event I knew Nigeria is waist deep in a big big mess.

Fighter jets are trained to measure and engage enemies based on certain parameters...

My guess is these guys were below the safe envelope zone, this is a distance you must keep to avoid those aircraft bullets from reaching you, since they loose momentum at that altitude.

So in the process of engaging with the jets machine guns they had to go low beyond that envelope...

My take is this is BH have long been preparing for such encounters, all they required was shoot at the direction of the jet resulting in a luck hit.

The pictures shown am afraid indicates a good level of authenticity...

Nigerians you guys need to be one to defeat this monster.... The counter intelligence operative of the military and DIA need to get to work to purge assets from their ranks.

The success of the counter intelligence operations is always dependent on who's spare heading it...

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by cooltola(m): 1:50am On Apr 03, 2021
this ww2 or cold world era plane do not have a chance.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Duplexxx: 2:28am On Apr 03, 2021
Even dem dey fear to fight for street

quote author=faste post=100434405]For street NA cannot fight na for forest them wan fight?[/quote]
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:00am On Apr 03, 2021
This is where the real fight is happening not south east Forest.. and the clueless clown is in London for medical treatment who do we even wrong in this country.. divide Nigeria I want to go

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by olmoRoc: 4:35am On Apr 03, 2021
Tolexander:
These people are getting sophisticated daily.
Don’t be surprised seeing them launching a furious assault soon on strategic places in Nigeria. if we aren’t careful.
Quite sure someone in the Nigerian military intelligence is leaking some information to them

They're free to do whatever they like at Aso Rock and the NASS Complex Abuja instead of targeting innocent students, poor villagers and farmers.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by jaxxy(m): 4:54am On Apr 03, 2021
tutudesz:
Gumi should be arrested immediately for his comment about bandits planning to buy anti-aircraft missiles to repel military attacks

www.pulse.ng/news/local/gumi-says-bandits-are-planning-to-acquire-anti-aircraft-missiles-to-repel-military/7dbbrr3.amp

If the government had sense the repentant gumi bandits will be converted to extra ground forces to fight bokoharam. That’s what America did with rebel forces in Syria and used them to fight ISIL we are here playing stupid tribal hate and emotional nonsense asking Mumu questions.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:44am On Apr 03, 2021
It's obvious Buhari is being strong-headed for nothing, probably due to pride. Jonathan was right. And the Borno gov has come to tacitly admit, we need mercs. Our army is not as good as we think. We have to accept that harsh reality. If we don't want to become another Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan down the road, we need to get mercs to downgrade these guys. It's been ten years!! It's obvious the army does not have what it takes to take down these guys.
I actually blame this on the politicisation and ethnic mongering in our military over the years. From coup to coup, our army left it's core mandate and went after power and wealth.
Here we are

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by jaxxy(m): 6:00am On Apr 03, 2021
Pacesetter123:
So you think there is boarder control in the north?
Do you ask yourself how the herdsmen they said are foreigners do come into Nigeria from neighbouring country with AK47 ? No boarder check in the north at all!!

There are borders oga bt there are always illegal routes and paths even in Cotonou there are bush routes and paths to Nigeria. The North just has more.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Krismas(m): 6:03am On Apr 03, 2021
cool Wash-e. shocked
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Krismas(m): 6:11am On Apr 03, 2021
Eriokanmi:
The arotile of a girl who knew how to treat boko haram fuk-up had been assassinated last year...what a brave NAF Officer. Since she was killed in the barracks and in their usual habit, the army lied about the whole scenario, I knew nothing good could come out of them. Useless people
cool In addition. I want u to recall Military inquisition is in the air about looted equipment funds. So, its not hard to see why some EXPENSIVE equipment are suddenly being shot down. grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by opribo(m): 6:30am On Apr 03, 2021
[quote author=Tolexander post=100426648]These people are getting sophisticated daily.
Don’t be surprised seeing them launching a furious assault soon on strategic places in Nigeria. if we aren’t careful.
Quite sure someone in the Nigerian military intelligence is leaking some information to them[/quote

That is for sure, and bubu is the number one suspect.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Mottomata(m): 6:37am On Apr 03, 2021
These are my assumptions:

1. I think the NA and the government underestimate the capabilities of BH (they've grown from the ragtag group to a sophisticated group)

2. The BH have the funds, the technology, the logistics, the smartest folks and unity of purpose

3. There could also be sabotage on the part of the NA
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by chatinent: 6:50am On Apr 03, 2021
tradepunter:

Spot on...

DownMemory lane: 2016, location redracted

After safely coordinating NGO daily mission for that day. Intel came in BH militias are closing in on location..

First wave acted as a cover for the second...

They had these aircraft carrier guns attached to a car batteries.... not manned by humans but fully automated..

Now you have what is called hell on Earth, sustained attack...... continuous steady fire for 20 minute none stop till the belt fed magazines ran out, any military personnel on the way blown out of the way...

Any armoured personnel carrier blown out

That Outpost or forward operating base was overwhelmed...

Technicals are what they call them, they are the worst form of assault fire a soldier can encounter, especially if the enemies came prepared.

It was this event I knew Nigeria is waist deep in a big big mess.

Fighter jets are trained to measure and engage enemies based on certain parameters...

My guess is these guys were below the safe envelope zone, this is a distance you must keep to avoid those aircraft bullets from reaching you, since they loose momentum at that altitude.

So in the process of engaging with the jets machine guns they had to go low beyond that envelope...

My take is this is BH have long been preparing for such encounters, all they required was shoot at the direction of the jet resulting in a luck hit.

The pictures shown am afraid indicates a good level of authenticity...

Nigerians you guys need to be one to defeat this monster.... The counter intelligence operative of the military and DIA need to get to work to purge assets from their ranks.

The success of the counter intelligence operations is always dependent on who's spare heading it...

you are on point.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by bizzibodi(m): 7:13am On Apr 03, 2021
Nairalandmonika:

Shey the pilot cannot evacuate and abandone the jet, anyway I'm not surprised, it this very country that an airforce pilot crashed and died while training for ordinary independent Day celebration.
My brother missile impact is so fast that if d system does not automatically eject d pilot,pilot & jet will go down in pieces.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Gyarah: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2021
Things are happening like this & the power that be said we don't need foreign support towards executing this war? They are not adding up at all.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Dalby(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2021
These reports every one is mentioning a video that no one has seen. These days with photo shop l no longer have trust in still shots... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by dejol88: 8:13am On Apr 03, 2021
It shocks me to know that Nigerians think they have a functional military.
I knew about our poorly our military were since Niger Delta guys engaged them in obj era. I tell you for free, we got nothing close to a military. I say it again ordinary fierce100k AK-47 looking guys , can bring down Nigeria in 3 months na just liver boys no get.

Since we have enthroned nepotism and mediocrity in all spheres of our national life and you expect to have any functional country , I laugh you.

The wisest for anybody to ask for is total disintegration of that former business enterprise, else we continue to read bad news from the TV

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 8:25am On Apr 03, 2021
nograv:

What facts have you provided beyond believing propaganda footage? Thats right none.

Have I provided examples from multiple military aircraft scenarios, yes.

Thats why I said at this point I have little interest in arguing with a man who displays little knowledge of jets or the type of technology required to down them.

Even the Me262 arguably one of the first military jets (aside from the British Gloster Meteor) was so fast, the only way to destroy it during WW2 (over 70 years ago) was when it was on the ground or either taking off or landing..

So the idea of a modern jet which is even faster and more advanced being downed by small arms fire is even more ridiculous to be honest.

Bro I just watched that video properly and indeed it was BH led by Shekau who brought down that jet. That jet was brought down with a FIM-92 Stinger. The FIM-92 Stinger is a man-portable air-defense system (MANPADS) that operates as an infrared homing surface-to-air missile (SAM).

I hope you all know what that means. Boko haram just upped their game! No one is safe. No plane flying over that route is safe!

CC:
marvin906
babaolofin
nograv

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Cammo: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Bro I just watched that video properly and indeed it was BH led by Shekau who brought down that jet.
Link?
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by captainspear(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2021
heendrix:
You arm these folks and made them grow into terror with the mentality of using them to capture the Country without thinking. let say you successfully capture the country (which is impossible) how do you intend taming this beast you've created??
by legitimizing them, that had obviously been their hopeful endgame, yet they didn't take into account the amount of dollars and arms these brainless idiotic infidel pigs would get from other brainless bastard sons of a thousand slowpoke camels.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Abandoned Vice President Residence: Weeds, Reptiles Take Over Mansion / SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos / Edo Election: Oshiomhole Taunted After Loss (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.