Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown (28633 Views)

Nigerians React As MTN Restores Debt Cancelled By System Glitch / Millions Barred From Calls, SMS, Data As MTN Experience Service Hitch / BREAKING: Truce As MTN, Banks Restore USSD Service To Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2021
MTN better follow shopright go back to zanku land where they come from .. after then we look into DSTV and co.
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by tivta(m): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2021
Leemekzy:
because its a south african company just like mtn.

Standard chartered is not a South African bank oh, it is stanbic ibtc that is South African.
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by anselm791(m): 11:59am On Apr 03, 2021
fergieboy:

Well in the case the masses are suffering

Not card sellers.
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by bigtt76(f): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
MTN should just move their airtime vending services to the fintechs and lets see if the banks won't go begging. About time all these things are decentralized. The banks and NIBSS can just wake up one day and cut off all fintechs sef ....crazy jungo ... angry

Islie:
Both sides defend their decisions as customers pay for the standoff.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/452957-nigerian-govt-intervenes-as-mtn-banks-trade-blame-over-shutdown.html
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by maasoap(m): 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
PAWG:
MTN are only fighting for their money, banks are ripping them off, it should be a partnership, you chop, I chop

Don't you see from the report that MTN was becoming too greedy saying that "volume compensate for reduction" trash. Are banks not the ones providing facilities for that higher volume?
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by manuel4real(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
I see this as an opportunity to make money.

Is there anyway we can solve this problem?? Establish a payment method or whatever? Is thier anyway?

I need someone that can think outside the box to quote me. Thank you
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by RomanGreen: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
LaIabobo:

Fintechs can not take over the functions of a traditional bank. Fintechs can't even handle invisibe and bills not to talk of trade business.

Despite all the fintechs in the western world, the banking industry is still strong.

Zenith is the most profitable bank in Nigeria, you think it got there by focusing on retail customers?? A major reason is commercial banking.

Take away govt accounts domiciled with Zenith Bank and let's see where they are or is it the arbitrary and random sms debit charges...Nigerian banks don't do core banking business, as for the Fintech you mentioned, don't worry it's only a matter of time before banks start looking for deposit, Cryptocurrency is mopping up idle cash in bank accounts, wait till a larger percentage of the world population adopt cryptocurrencies then we will see where banks are.... Why would I leave my money idle in the bank at the risk of inflation and very little interest when I can secure it's value with USDT or buy digital assets that will increase it's value...just wait till adoption becomes massive.
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by Blackdisciple(m): 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
The Two criminals. no one want the other to chop em money.
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by Investorlex(m): 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
Your own is small,my own nah #20
houseontherock:
Blame it all on our government who have continuously failed to protect consumers.
BTW, are they charging N6.98 for checking account balance? That's about the only time I ever see USSD code on my phone sad
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by Richthekid: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ok
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by Emenime: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Am not surprise, failed policies from the side of the government leed us into this mess; the banks and mtn are had misunderstanding on how commission is shared.
The said commission can take some citizens of the street if they were selling this cards directly.
The government should stop banks from selling recharge card below five hundred naira(#500)
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by LaIabobo: 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
RomanGreen:

Take away govt accounts domiciled with Zenith Bank and let's see where they are or is it the arbitrary and random sms debit charges...Nigerian banks don't do core banking business, as for the Fintech you mentioned, don't worry it's only a matter of time before banks start looking for deposit, Cryptocurrency is mopping up idle cash in bank accounts, wait till a larger percentage of the world population adopt cryptocurrencies then we will see where banks are.... Why would I leave my money idle in the bank at the risk of inflation and very little interest when I can secure it's value with USDT or buy digital assets that will increase it's value...just wait till adoption becomes massive.

I am not rooting for banks neither am I against the new norm of digital currency and technology. My earlier talk is on the role of traditional banks in corporate businesses and trade financing. For many reasons, these functions cannot be handled by fintechs, at least not yet.
Also, the country encourages them and give us little or no options than to run certain transactions thru these banks.
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by yom2(m): 2:22am On Apr 04, 2021
Islie:
Both sides defend their decisions as customers pay for the standoff.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/452957-nigerian-govt-intervenes-as-mtn-banks-trade-blame-over-shutdown.html
uptil now my debited funds has not been reversed yet I did not get d airtime it was meant for
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by yom2(m): 2:24am On Apr 04, 2021
falcon01:
We are just pawns in this game! I switched to airtel.. besides My Mtn is just for receiving calls from work and Other general stuff.
u switched to the main criminals.
Re: FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown by Tundex911: 7:30am On Apr 04, 2021
Make una blame the govt jor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

updated you can transform your android into iphone8 interface / Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone / Oraimo Unveils The Freepods 4 With An Active Noise Cancellation And Sound App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.