Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? (18877 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by matrix199(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
no
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by ictjobber: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Na who dey alive dey receive salary....

The fact that your friend is even considering it shows that he's thick upstairs.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by airminem(f): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
He should not accept the job offer so he can remain jobless like most NLders smiley

2 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Worksunlimited: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Someone close to me is in a state of dilemma and needs advise.

He has been a contract staff in one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria and was recently converted into a full staff. The issue now is he has been deployed from South West to extreme North (Maiduguri). He has tried every means to get redeployed but all efforts proved abortive.

Considering the fasting rise of unemployment in the country, he feels it's unwise to reject the offer. Still, he's in a state of dilemma.

Should he take the job offer, even though national security is at the lowest there?

Please advise.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any contact that can help, I'll be in the comment section.

Dear Mods, please kindly push to the front page.

How much is the pay?
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by 9jaRealist: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

He has been a contract staff in one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria and was recently converted into a full staff. The issue now is he has been deployed from South West to extreme North (Maiduguri). He has tried every means to get redeployed but all efforts proved abortive.

Considering the fasting rise of unemployment in the country, he feels it's unwise to reject the offer. Still, he's in a state of dilemma.

Should he take the job offer, even though national security is at the lowest there?

Please advise.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any contact that can help, I'll be in the comment section.

What’s the point of a “good” job if you are dead?
Cannot see how he can perform well without peace of mind.

Whatever he decides, BEST OF LUCK...
He’ll probably do okay, since she already has a good track record.

>
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by jericco1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
I no go abeg
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by BigYash: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Na who dey alive dey find money. His life first. North is not safe and not to talk of the center of the who thing Bornu. Make he relax of find a way to be redeployed to a better state.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Yankee101: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
1. Accept the job
2. Fly only in and out of maiduguri
3. Live near govt house
4. Aa an insider he can transfer more easily

Or if he has saved enough, go to Canada to study or migrate
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by airminem(f): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
Is he the new chief of army staff? Why would he wanna go to a state where the governor isn't even safe? A state where a whole ALPHA JET was brought down by terrorist?! A state where soldiers abandon post and flee?? A state as the HQ of terrorist?! A state where close to 100 gallant soldiers paid the price?! A state that have always been in the news for the wrong reasons for a decade & still counting?! Matter of fact, a state that isn't a state anymore but a caliphate?! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Please advise.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any contact that can help, I'll be in the comment section. Reject the job offer and live longer. When there is life, there is hope rather than being kidnapped or slaughtered like a chicken by the religious ass lickers and Extremist or better say. Buhari's brothers

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by SmartyPants(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
uboma:
If he was posted to the capital city of Borno state, Maiduguri, he has no need to be afraid as the city, Maiduguri is relatively safer than the rest of the LGAs in the state.

However, he needs to avoid night life while in Maiduguri if he is the outgoing type.

The question is, is the road to Maiduguri safe?
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by jieta: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ishilove:

Emmm, is that not the same Maiduguri that Boko boys launched rockets and torpedos into their rooftops just last month?
lol, no is another one.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Ashirioluwa: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
Nairaland is not fun anymore because people come to this platform to give all types of fake stories just to keep themselves busy.

I don’t know how you will go to a total stranger who doesn’t know you or your situation to get an advice.

So now you will go to your close pal that your folks from nairaland community said he should take or don’t take the job.

This only happened here on nairaland.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by mfm04622: 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Maiduguri is safe! People are living there without issue!
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by mfm04622: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
SmartyPants:

The question is, is the road to Maiduguri safe?

That is the question!!!!

If there is flight, he should go by flight! No matter the cost!
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by brightovio007(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Please advise.

Obey before complain
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Please advise.

if it is within Maiduguri metropolis, then he should come as it safe provided that he will use air travel come. he can also travel by road but once it is 12 in the afternoon, he should sleep in damarutu and continue his journey the next day.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Tmlivesport(m): 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
janeIBfashion:
Let him or her take it and trust in God for maximum protection

There is nothing God cannot do but please don't put HIM to a test.

That is how one guy from here died few days ago, he got a contract work there with big pay and he jumped at it.

The same day he traveled, their vehicle was ambushed and he was shot dead.

End of case

Any state in the north after abuja or nasarrawa is a NO NO
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by spartanian(m): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Please advise.

I presently desire a job in Maiduguri or Yobe, as long as it is in the capital city then you are safer than most other states in Nigeria.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Maj196(m): 2:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
Even flight is not safe because them fit bring una down anytime.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Bbbwings: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2021
Queenmark:

My advice for him is to travel by air if possible. Bornu state is bokoharam state and it is very risky at the moment. Let him send a mail to HR asking for redeployment to any other state in the north even zamfara.
cheesy grin grin
From frying pan to fire.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Funkybabee(f): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
he should go jare, na death wey go kill person go kill person.
which kind live we dey live for naija self
nonsense, please don't piss off my broke mood
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by janeIBfashion(f): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
Tmlivesport:

There is nothing God cannot do but please don't put HIM to a test.

That is how one guy from here died few days ago, he got a contract work there with big pay and he jumped at it.

The same day he traveled, their vehicle was ambushed and he was shot dead.

End of case

Any state in the north after abuja or nasarrawa is a NO NO

If I were him I would take it unless if God is telling me otherwise........... A child of God does fear when the Lord says go... Read the story of moses and the children of Israel very well
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by AbuAeesha: 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
take it or leave it, businesses and commercial activities is still thriving in maiduguri,and it is people who are coordinating it.
so it's left for the person to resign or face reality.living on earth itself is not easy
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Cutehector(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
He should accept the job offer, stay one year first without touching his relocation allowance, then resign

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by slimman007: 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
fk001:
OP Maiduguri city is relatively peaceful they let all this junk journalism make you lose the opportunity. BH only operates in the outskirts of the town (few villages).

Take the offer and travel by flight, make friends with both military men and educated indigenes also make friends with few uneducated ones (their need will come in handy).

Rent a house in old GRA, Damboa road, New GRA or any other high brow areas.

Bro do you stay in Maiduguri the safest place for me is Damboa road even if Maiduguri as a whole is on fire bet me Damboa road is safe.I lived at the back of indimi house that is where we fetch water every evening.Indimi house is not too far from Alimodu sheriff father's house.Maiduguri my place for life.post office,Monday market,Ramat poly I hail ooooo

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Powersurge: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Please advise.

Maiduguri is safe. But tell her not to move 20 clicks outside the city. And do not travel to the north by road. I havse friends there. Maiduguri at the moment is one of the most secured places in Africa.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by ekojames02: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
Nothing is happening in maiduguri am a personnel.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Queenmark: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
Bbbwings:

cheesy grin grin
From frying pan to fire.

Zamfara is safer than bornu

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by samwillyco1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
Life in itself is a risk

During my NYSC program I left a contract that could have made me a millionaire at Gombe State, because of security issues then at kwami LGA for my precious life.

Everything depends on what he wants, nobody will follow him to that place, but only himself but in all SAFETY FIRST.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thank You Nairaland.. I Got Employed To ABM Group, Owerri Branch / Is The NPF Recruitment A Real Sign Of Nigeria Truly Changing? / Very Important Information. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.