Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Who Is The Prince Of This World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Prince Of This World? (188 Views)

Day 6 || The Prince of Peace || GCK / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Prince Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:54am On Apr 04, 2021
Who Is The Prince Of This World?

The first prince of this world was man.

Genesis 1:26-28 (KJV)

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Man was the prince of this world after he was given dominion over all the Earth and everything that God had made in the beginning, but man lost that position after he disobeyed the Word of God and fell into sin.

He lost the position to Satan who deceived him, that's how Satan now became the new prince of this world, and had dominion over all the Earth and everything that God had made in the beginning including man.

This was why Satan had presented them to Jesus during His temptation, and offered them to Him if He would fall down and worship him.

Matthew 4:8-9 (KJV)

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Jesus of course refused the offer, and told Satan to get behind him. One reason Jesus did that was because He didn't need to fall down and worship Satan to get that, as He could also get that and much more by doing the Will of He that sent Him, which was to die for the sins of the world.

John 14:30 (KJV)

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

John 12:31-32 (KJV)

Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

So Satan, the prince of this world at the time would be cast out, in other words, would cease to be the prince of this world after Jesus had been lifted up!

Hence after the Jesus had accomplished the purpose for which He was sent to the Earth, and died for the sins of the world, Jesus said:

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Matthew 28:18 (KJV)

So the prince of this world had been cast out, and Jesus the new and reigning prince had been enthroned!

Therefore Jesus is the reigning prince of this world and His kingdom has no end!

The only glaring difference between then in the beginning when man was in charge and now that Jesus hold reins is the presence of sinful men on Earth.

That's the only thing that still gives Satan any power he has to do damage on Earth.

But he's no longer the prince of the world but merely an ex-prince, as he's been defeated and dethroned by the One who's reigning now!

And His name is King Jesus!

God bless.

Re: Who Is The Prince Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:06am On Apr 04, 2021
@ Lalasticlala
Re: Who Is The Prince Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2021
Jesus is King!
Re: Who Is The Prince Of This World? by AntiChristian: 8:48am On Apr 11, 2021
No one! If there's a prince then there's a prince then there'll be a King, Queen and princesses!

All these are human characteristics not of God.

God no get son/partner. What does he need them for?

(1) (Reply)

God Honours Faithfulness! / Something Important To Note About The "Covid" And Nigeria / Odumeje Has Finally Forgiven Ada Jesus & Gave Them 1 Million Naira: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.