Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

"Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" (1981 Views)

Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? / King Cyrus Of Persia And President Trump Of America, Temple Builders / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by zig2ryme04: 10:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
The prince of Persia is only mentioned in Daniel 10, a highly apocalyptic (and therefore at least partially symbolic) section of the book of Daniel. Most likely, the prince of Persia is a reference to an evil spiritual entity that wielded authority over the ancient kingdom of Persia.
The prophet Daniel had received a troubling vision concerning a great war (Daniel 10:1). He went into a three-week period of mourning, fasting, and prayer. In response to Daniel’s prayer, God sent a heavenly messenger to explain the vision. However, the messenger was delayed for those same three weeks, as he explains to Daniel: “But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia” (Daniel 10:13). Later, the angel speaking to Daniel predicts further fighting: “Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince)” (verses 20–21).
Taking this passage at face value, it seems that the prince of Persia is a fallen angel who in some sense had authority or influence over the physical kingdom of Persia . In Daniel 10, the prophet is praying about the future of his people and their exile in Persia. A heavenly angel is dispatched with the answer, but a demonic “prince of Persia” obstructs the messenger. This action would make sense, as the divine answer involves the overthrow of the Persian Empire. The angelic messenger finally gets some help from the archangel Michael , who is apparently the prince (or one of the princes) of Israel in the angelic realm (Daniel 10:13, 21).
Then the angelic messenger says he will face even more spiritual warfare, returning to fight against the prince of Persia. After that, he will face another spiritual enemy, the prince of Greece (Daniel 10:20). We know from history (and as was prophesied in Daniel) that Greece would be the next world power after Persia, and that Greece would dominate Israel for a time. In this passage, three spiritual entities are mentioned in relation to three earthly nations: the prince of Persia, the prince of Greece, and the prince of Israel (Michael). As the New Testament reminds us, “Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12). The battle is real.
It seems that, as events play out on earth, there is corresponding activity in the spiritual realm. Whether or not this spiritual prince of Persia’s fate was tied to that of the physical Persian Empire is unknown. We do know that, if his job was to keep the Persian Empire in a place of dominance over the nation of Israel, he failed. It is interesting to note that Iran is modern Persia, and the leaders of Iran still want to dominate or obliterate the nation of Israel. As a Shiite Muslim nation, Iran persecutes Christian believers as well—so perhaps the spiritual prince of Persia is still active today. But, as with all of Satan’s minions, his time is limited, and he can only go as far as God will allow in accomplishing His perfect will.

1 Like

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
zig2ryme04:
The prince of Persia is only mentioned in Daniel 10 , a highly apocalyptic (and therefore at least partially symbolic) section of the book of Daniel. Most likely, the prince of Persia is a reference to an evil spiritual entity that wielded authority over the ancient kingdom of Persia.
The prophet Daniel had received a troubling vision concerning a great war (Daniel 10:1 ). He went into a three-week period of mourning, fasting, and prayer. In response to Daniel’s prayer, God sent a heavenly messenger to explain the vision. However, the messenger was delayed for those same three weeks, as he explains to Daniel: “But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia” (Daniel 10:13 ). Later, the angel speaking to Daniel predicts further fighting: “Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell youwhat is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince )”(verses 20–21).
■ Taking this passage at face value, it seems that the prince of Persia is a fallen angel who in some sense had authority or influence over the physical kingdom of Persia. In Daniel 10 , the prophet is praying about the future of his people and their exile in Persia. A heavenly angel is dispatched with the answer, but a demonic “prince of Persia” obstructs the messenger. This action would make sense, as the divine answer involves the overthrow of the Persian Empire. The angelic messenger finally gets some help from the archangel Michael , who is apparently the prince (or one of the princes) of Israel in the angelic realm(Daniel 10:13 , 21 ).
If you read what is written in the first verse of the same chapter that is Daniel 10, you would find a literal mention of the identity of the King of Persia at the time in question. undecided
1. During the third year that Cyrus was the king of Persia, these things were shown to Daniel. (Daniel’s other name is Belteshazzar.) They are true, but very hard to understand. Daniel understood them because they were explained to him in a vision. - Daniel 10 vs 1
So, if in his journal, Daniel already indicated that the King of Persia at the time of the event was Cyrus, a human and man, then it should follow that the mentions of the Prince of Persia, the Prince of Greece, and the Prince of Daniel's people aka the Israelites, in addition to a repeat mention of the King of Persia, ought also be reference to either the individuals who occupy the seats or the office in question.

2. What you have done here is certainly not taking it at "face value" rather, you chose to regurgitate the same delusional lie that has previously been fed to you by your mogs and pastors. There is no evil ruling any nation except for the men— flesh and blood— who rule over them. You can read through the books of Jeremiah, Haggai, Isaiah, etc. to see how God directly punished the Kings, and peoples of each nation as He saw fit. No evil archangel power ruling people. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by elated177: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
You need to calm down, kobojunkie, you must not put your mouth into every thread, especially the ones that you know absolutely nothing about. It appears you deliberately try to undermine the importance of Scriptural discernment and interpretation. Not that I concur with everything said by the op, but your own comments, kobojunkie, are outrageous.

6 Likes

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
zig2ryme04:
The prophet Daniel had received a troubling vision concerning a great war (Daniel 10:1 ). He went into a three-week period of mourning, fasting, and prayer.
■ In response to Daniel’s prayer, God sent a heavenly messenger to explain the vision. However, the messenger was delayed for those same three weeks, as he explains to Daniel: “But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia” (Daniel 10:13 ). Later, the angel speaking to Daniel predicts further fighting: “Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince)” (verses 20–21).
1. There is in fact no truth to the claim made of Daniel going into fasting and praying for three weeks. What the passage of Daniel 10 vs 1 - 3 instead says is that in response to information/understanding given him by way of a vision that he had, Daniel was left in a state of mourning/depression for 21 days. undecided
1 During the third year that Cyrus was the king of Persia, these things were shown to Daniel. (Daniel’s other name is Belteshazzar.) They are true, but very hard to understand. Daniel understood them because they were explained to him in a vision.
2 At that time I, Daniel, was very sad for three weeks.
3 During those three weeks, I didn’t eat any fancy food; I didn’t eat any meat or drink any wine. I didn’t put any oil on my head. I didn’t do any of these things for three weeks. - Daniel 10 vs 1 - 3
As you can see, it doesn't say that Daniel did not eat. It instead says that Daniel did not have an appetite for fancy foods like meat and wine — foods that Governors and officials in the land of Babylon were usually served regularly. undecided

2. So, what Vision was it that got Daniel depressed for 21 days after(as recorded in Daniel 10 vs 1 - 3)? Well, that vision is the one Daniel wrote of in verse 4 - 21 of the same chapter of Daniel 10. undecided

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by mysticwarrior(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you read what is written in the first verse of the same chapter that is Daniel 10, you would find a literal mention of the identity of the King of Persia at the time in question. undecided
So, if in his journal, Daniel already indicated that the King of Persia at the time of the event was Cyrus, a human and man, then it should follow that the mentions of the Prince of Persia, the Prince of Greece, and the Prince of Daniel's people aka the Israelites, in addition to a repeat mention of the King of Persia, ought also be reference to either the individuals who occupy the seats or the office in question.

2. What you have done here is certainly not taking it at "face value" rather, you chose to regurgitate the same delusional lie that has previously been fed to you by your mogs and pastors. There is no evil ruling any nation except for the men— flesh and blood— who rule over them. You can read through the books of Jeremiah, Haggai, Isaiah, etc. to see how God directly punished the Kings, and peoples of each nation as He saw fit. No evil archangel power ruling people. undecided
kobojunky abeg rest, me and you don argue over this before, As someone with deep understanding in spirituality it is expected that you should be aware that there are Powers in dimensions in the spiritual realm. How could a physical prince held an Angelic being for 21 days? Don't forget, an army of 185,000 warriors is no march for a single angel.
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2023
mysticwarrior:
■ kobojunky abeg rest, me and you don argue over this before, As someone with deep understanding in spirituality it is expected that you should be aware that there are Powers in dimensions in the spiritual realm. How could a physical prince held an Angelic being for 21 days?
■ Don't forget, an army of 185,000 warriors is no march for a single angel.
Powers in dimensions in spiritual realm? That is a load of spiritual bullsheet and I subscribe to none of that. undecided

□ Where do you get the deluded idea that a physical prince held what you called an angelic begin with?
□ And who said the menton of 21 days in the vision was to a literal count of 21 solar days? undecided

You folks just gobble up whatever special interpretation aka lie you are fed by your gods of men without infact considering even the patterns presented in the same book to you. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by mysticwarrior(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Powers in dimensions in spiritual realm? That is a load of spiritual bullsheet and I subscribe to none of that. undecided

□ Where do you get the deluded idea that a physical prince held what you called an angelic begin with?
And who said the menton of 21 days in the vision was to a literal count of 21 solar days? undecided

You folks just gobble up whatever special interpretation aka lie you are fed by your gods of men without infact considering even the patterns presented in the same book to you. undecided
have you finished dancing? drop proof to counter claims and stop acting like a deluded clown.

3 Likes

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 9:59am On Nov 08, 2023
mysticwarrior:
have you finished dancing? drop proof to counter claims and stop acting like a deluded clown.
Lol... See how a simple questions got you all riled up? undecided

When you are done clowning around, you will move on. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2023
Satan!
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:33am On Nov 08, 2023
prince of Persia is not same as king of Persia.....

kobojunkie!!!!

1 Like

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
elated177:
You need to calm down, kobojunkie, you must not put your mouth into every thread, especially the ones that you know absolutely nothing about. It appears you deliberately try to undermine the importance of Scriptural discernment and interpretation. Not that I concur with everything said by the op, but your own comments, kobojunkie, are outrageous.

💯

2 Likes

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
The prince of Persia was evidently a demon spirit that tried to prevent Jehovah's angel
Why would a mere man try to stop angel from doing his God given assignment for over 20 days?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
zig2ryme04:
Then the angelic messenger says he will face even more spiritual warfare, returning to fight against the prince of Persia. After that, he will face another spiritual enemy, the prince of Greece (Daniel 10:20). We know from history (and as was prophesied in Daniel) that Greece would be the next world power after Persia, and that Greece would dominate Israel for a time. In this passage, three spiritual entities are mentioned in relation to three earthly nations: the prince of Persia, the prince of Greece, and the prince of Israel (Michael). As the New Testament reminds us, “Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12). The battle is real.
The problem with all of this is this. God of Israel chose and used all those Nations in question to punish Israel (and Judah, for the wickedness they wrought against Him. So when Christians selectively present the other Nations as being wicked, they do so out of ignorance of what is in fact written in Scripture. undecided

Babylon did not happen to Israel. Rather, God used Babylon to punish and destroy both Israel and Judah. Of course God had mercy oh Judah alone announced that He would again restore Judah --- Israel was never rebuilt by God and this because of Israel's sins against God. God used the Medes(and Persians) to punish the Babylonians all while the Israelites were in captivity in the land-- though the Jews(Judaians) were allowed to return to their land. Then God used the Greeks to punish the Persians, eventually God used the Romans to punish the Greeks. The Romans were also eventually destroyed by God. undecided

The point to see here is this phantom spiritual warfare you folks claim are nothing but lies made up to delude folks into believing in tales that go against God's own narrative. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The problem with all of this is this. God of Israel chose and used all those Nations in question to punish Israel (and Judah, for the wickedness they wrought against Him. So when Christians selectively present the other Nations as being wicked, they do so out of ignorance of what is in fact written in Scripture. undecided

Babylon did not happen to Israel. Rather, God used Babylon to punish and destroy both Israel and Judah. Of course God had mercy oh Judah alone announced that He would again restore Judah --- Israel was never rebuilt by God and this because of Israel's sins against God. God used the Medes(and Persians) to punish the Babylonians all while the Israelites were in captivity in the land-- though the Jews(Judaians) were allowed to return to their land. Then God used the Greeks to punish the Persians, eventually God used the Romans to punish the Greeks. The Romans were also eventually destroyed by God. undecided

The point to see here is this phantom spiritual warfare you folks claim are nothing but lies made up to delude folks into believing in tales that go against God's own narrative. undecided

The simple question was who was the prince of Persia that resisted Jehovah's angel during his assignment for over 20 days?

If I may ask
You answered correctly oj the successive world powers from Babylon to Rome. Very correct 💯
But it did not end at Rome
Bible mentions another world power after Rome. What is it and what is its destiny?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:
The simple question was who was the prince of Persia that resisted Jehovah's angel during his assignment for over 20 days?
■ If I may ask You answered correctly oj the successive world powers from Babylon to Rome. Very correct 💯 But it did not end at Rome Bible mentions another world power after Rome. What is it and what is its destiny?
Again, go back through what I wrote. undecided

2. Destiny? You are kidding, right? The context here is God's Old Law of Moses and the Nation of Israel (Judah included). According to Daniel, that came to a final resolve when God used the Romans to destroy Judah and Jerusalem about 1900 years ago just as revealed in the book of Daniel. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, go back through what I wrote. undecided

2. Destiny? You are kidding, right? The context here is God's Old Law of Moses and the Nation of Israel (Judah included). According to Daniel, that came to a final resolve when God used the Romans to destroy Judah and Jerusalem about 1900 years ago just as revealed in the book of Daniel. undecided

You mentioned the destinies or what happened to Babylon down to Rome
Complete am na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■ You mentioned the destinies or what happened to Babylon down to Rome. Complete am na
I mentioned the destinies? Lol ...all I did was refer back to what God Himself said would happen to each one of them He was done using them as He chose. If you are not aware, I suggest you go read through the book of Jeremiah. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I mentioned the destinies? Lol ...all I did was refer back to what God Himself said would happen to each one of them He was done using them as He chose. If you are not aware, I suggest you go read through the book of Jeremiah. undecided

I am aware
Daniel mentions 5 successive human world powers to rule
He did not mention names but gave descriptions and events that lead to a easy conclusion as to who they are and there's one that will rule by destroying every vestige of human governments
Babylon has come and gone
Media and Persia
Greece
Rome

Who is the 5th world power
What will happen to it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:
I am aware Daniel mentions 5 successive human world powers to rule He did not mention names but gave descriptions and events that lead to a easy conclusion as to who they are and there's one that will rule by destroying every vestige of human governments Babylon has come and gone Media and Persia Greece Rome Who is the 5th world power What will happen to it?
I have no clue what you are on about. And Daniel 10, which this particular topic is about, says nothing of what you are alluding to. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I have no clue what you are on about. And Daniel 10, which this particular topic is about, says nothing of what you are alluding to. undecided

Daniel describes 5 successive human world powers. They have come to be
Babylon
Medio-Persia
Greece
Rome
Anglo-America (ruling today)

Daniel mentions that this last power will not be destroyed or handed over to humans. It will be destroyed by the small stone cut out of the mountain (God's kingdom) and it will rule forever

2 chapters in Daniel corroborates what it says about the successive world powers
John says so during his revelation
John mention 7 powers - '5 were (or reigned), one is (is ruling) and one is to come'. The 7 are
Egypt
Assyria
Babylon
Medopersia
GREECE
Rome (ruling world power in John's day)
Anglo-America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■ Daniel describes 5 successive human world powers. They have come to be
Babylon
Medio-Persia
Greece
Rome
Anglo-America (ruling today)
Daniel mentions that this last power will not be destroyed or handed over to humans. It will be destroyed by the small stone cut out of the mountain (God's kingdom) and it will rule forever
2 chapters in Daniel corroborates what it says about the successive world powers
John says so during his revelation
John mention 7 powers - '5 were (or reigned), one is (is ruling) and one is to come'. The 7 are
Egypt Assyria Babylon Medopersia GREECE Rome (ruling world power in John's day)
Anglo-America
Again, I have no clue where you get these ideas of yours from since they do not correspond with what is written in the book I have read. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by elated177: 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
Even the least spiritually-minded individual knows that there are powers that wage war against righteousness in every environment. There are spiritual forces/powers assigned by the kingdom of darkness to communities, cities, states, countries, etc, whose job it is to keep the inhabitants of such communities, cities, states, countries, etc, in perpetual darkness - wickedness.

There are evil forces assigned to wage war against families. The job of such evil forces is to enforce and maintain certain lifestyles in the lives of the members of such families. The same thing applies to communities, cities, states and countries. They are the forces that fight against the saints, servants, followers and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah in such families, communities, states or countries.

So, the spiritual warfare is as real as the oxygen we inhale. For the saints, servants, followers and messengers of YHVH Almighty, the best weapons are: purity, honesty, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness, which all constitute the righteous walk.

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of YHVH, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of YHVH, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of YHVH.

The spiritual force of evil over the Persian kingdom, which happened to be a fallen messenger/angel, was the one who fought and, by that, delayed the messenger of YHVH Almighty who was sent to prophet Daniel.
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, I have no clue where you get these ideas of yours from since they do not correspond with what is written in the book I have read. undecided

Daniel 2
Daniel 7
Daniel 8
Revelation 17: 9-11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by elated177: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah, did you see what the messenger said in verse 13? What do you think?
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by elated177: 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
Those of us whom our Father in heaven has used, and is using, to fight against the spiritual forces of evil of this dark world know what transpired in the chapter under review.

So, when some of us say that the spiritual atmosphere over this country, Nigeria, is one of most defiled and polluted, we actually know exactly what we are saying.
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by mysticwarrior(m): 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Lol... See how a simple questions got you all riled up? undecided

When you are done clowning around, you will move on. undecided
Move on to where exactly Kobo, Chicago? Not until you drop facts to counter claims here, I go nowhere.
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Daniel 2
Daniel 7
Daniel 8
Revelation 17: 9-11
None of what I have read in all those passages point to the existence of this Anglo-American thing you claim. Where in Daniel 2 is this power you claim mentioned? undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
None of what I have read in all those passages point to the existence of this Anglo-American thing you claim. Where in Daniel 2 is this power you claim mentioned? undecided

Who is the feet of clay and iron ij the Nebuchadnezzar image?
Who is the small horn that defeated 3 horns to become significant
Who is the seventh 'King' in John's revelation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■Who is the feet of clay and iron ij the Nebuchadnezzar image?...
First of all, how did you get a fifth kingdom out of what is written in Daniel 2? undecided
39 “Another kingdom will come after you, but it will not be as great as your kingdom. Next, a third kingdom will rule over the earth—that is the bronze part.
40 Then there will be a fourth kingdom. That kingdom will be strong like iron. Just as iron breaks things and smashes them to pieces, that fourth kingdom will break all the other kingdoms and smash them to pieces.
41 “You saw that the feet and toes of the statue were partly clay and partly iron. That means the fourth kingdom will be a divided kingdom. It will have some of the strength of iron in it just as you saw the iron mixed with clay.
42 The toes of the statue were partly iron and partly clay. So the fourth kingdom will be partly strong like iron and partly weak like clay.
43 You saw the iron mixed with clay, but iron and clay don’t completely mix together. In the same way the people of the fourth kingdom will be a mixture. They will not be united as one people.
44 “During the time of the kings of the fourth kingdom, the God of heaven will set up another kingdom that will continue forever. It will never be destroyed. And it will be the kind of kingdom that cannot be passed on to another group of people. This kingdom will crush all the other kingdoms. It will bring them to an end, but that kingdom itself will continue forever.
45 “King Nebuchadnezzar, you saw a rock cut from a mountain, but no one cut that rock. The rock broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold to pieces. In this way God showed you what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and you can trust that this is what it means.” - Daniel 2 vs 39 - 45
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
elated177:
Aemmyjah, did you see what the messenger said in verse 13? What do you think?

An angel, sent by God to reassure the prophet, told him why his arrival had been delayed. He said: “The prince of the royal realm of Persia was standing in opposition to me for twenty-one days.”​—Daniel 10:2, 13.
Who was this ‘prince of Persia’? The angel was obviously not referring to Persian King Cyrus, who at that time looked with favor upon Daniel and his people. Moreover, how could a mere human king resist a spirit creature for three weeks when it took one angel only one night to destroy 185,000 mighty warriors? This hostile ‘prince of Persia’ could only be an agent of the Devil, that is, a demon who was given control over the realm of the Persian Empire. Later in the
account, God’s angel stated that he would once again have to fight against “the prince of Persia” and another demon prince, “the prince of Greece.”​

King James Version
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
First of all, how did you get a fifth kingdom out of what is written in Daniel 2? undecided

The Bible prophecy is like a jigsaw puzzle where you have to fit all the pieces together by comparing it with other scriptures
Is Rome still ruling today
Who ia the seventh head that John described that succeeded Rome
The kingdom of clay and iron is the world dominant power today.
True, unlike previous world powers, it was not defeated or destroyed but what divided into empires
John and Daniel 8 amd 9 described it as the small horn on the head of the great beasts that defeated 3 other horns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■ The Bible prophecy is like a jigsaw puzzle where you have to fit all the pieces together by comparing it with other scriptures
■ Is Rome still ruling today ...
First of all, how did you jiggy a fifth kingdom out of what is written in Daniel 2? undecided
39 “Another kingdom will come after you, but it will not be as great as your kingdom. Next, a third kingdom will rule over the earth—that is the bronze part.
40 Then there will be a fourth kingdom. That kingdom will be strong like iron. Just as iron breaks things and smashes them to pieces, that fourth kingdom will break all the other kingdoms and smash them to pieces.
41 “You saw that the feet and toes of the statue were partly clay and partly iron. That means the fourth kingdom will be a divided kingdom. It will have some of the strength of iron in it just as you saw the iron mixed with clay.
42 The toes of the statue were partly iron and partly clay. So the fourth kingdom will be partly strong like iron and partly weak like clay.
43 You saw the iron mixed with clay, but iron and clay don’t completely mix together. In the same way the people of the fourth kingdom will be a mixture. They will not be united as one people.
44 “During the time of the kings of the fourth kingdom, the God of heaven will set up another kingdom that will continue forever. It will never be destroyed. And it will be the kind of kingdom that cannot be passed on to another group of people. This kingdom will crush all the other kingdoms. It will bring them to an end, but that kingdom itself will continue forever.
45 “King Nebuchadnezzar, you saw a rock cut from a mountain, but no one cut that rock. The rock broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold to pieces. In this way God showed you what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and you can trust that this is what it means.” - Daniel 2 vs 39 - 45

2. Rome was destroyed as God said it would be.(the prophecy pretty much makes clear that it would all be destroyed.) So, why do you need it to exist to this day? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Did Not Create Evil! / Real Life Instances Of Witch - Draining / Miracle: A Hunch-back Lady Delivers Triplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.