Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi (215 Views)

Bandits Threatening To Attack Me – Gov Radda Cries Out / Ize-Iyamu Is My Younger Brother, He Respects Me – Gov Obaseki / "Shoot At Sight Anyone Who Tries To Kill Any Ebonyian" - Gov. Umahi Orders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:31am On Apr 04, 2021
Gov. Umahi Pens Down Emotional Easter Message To Ebonyians

As Christians mark this year's Easter celebration, Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State has urged Ebonyians to use the occasion to embrace peace and show love to one another.

In the Easter Message obtained by IGBERE TV, Governor Umahi said this year's Easter celebration is coming at the time "we are faced with the daunting challenges of finding amicable solutions to the intractable crises between Effium and Ezza Effium, Abaomege and Ishinkwo, Enyigba and Enyibichiri and other pockets of hostilities in parts of the State including the recent massacre of our brothers of Egedegede in Ishielu Local Government Area by marauding herders."

He, however, urged Ebonyians to stand firm in the belief that this trial of their faith, though it is tried with the fire of hostilities, shall be found unto praise and honour and glory at this season of God’s love.

Governor Umahi further revealed that the death of any Ebonyian diminishes me. And that is why his government is fighting the hostilities with all the wisdom of God in them. He said "We trust God, that at the end of the day as our Lord Jesus is rising from the dead, we as a State shall surmount all these hurdles."

The statement reads in full,

EASTER MESSAGE TO EBONYIANS

Fellow Ebonyians, happy easter to you all.

Easter is a commemoration of the death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, who despite being sinless offered himself as a sacrifice for the redemption of others, including his enemies, and became the atonement for the world ravaged by sin and other vices.

This momentous event of sacrifice transformed humanity and remains the single most important event in the Christian calendar.

By atoning death, Jesus Christ reconciled mankind to God, broke the wall of division between Jews and Gentiles and brought all of us, into the Household of God.

This season of love and sacrifice has come at a time when most segments of the world are either passing through one chaotic situation or the other, Ebonyi State not being an exception.

Particularly for us in Ebonyi State, this year's Easter is coming at the time we are faced with the daunting challenges of finding amicable solutions to the intractable crises between Effium and Ezza Effium, Abaomege and Ishinkwo, Enyigba and Enyibichiri and other pockets of hostilities in parts of the State including the recent massacre of our brothers of Egedegede in Ishielu Local Government Area by marauding herders.

According to a proverb in Tibet, “tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength; I charge you that though these may be the times that try the hearts of men, we should not lose hope. Let us stand firm in the belief that this trial of our faith, though it is tried with the fire of hostilities, shall be found unto praise and honour and glory at this season of God’s love.

We must continue to pray and stand together in unity as one people having one State and worshipping Only God. We must turn again to the promise of Easter which is that what God did in the resurrection of Jesus, God will do again for this blessed State. This State is on the rise, our people are equally on the move, the leadership is people and Christ-Centric and our symphony of unity continues to ring louder and more enchanting.

Let this lesson and impulse of love and amity drive us to find far-reaching solutions to the barrage of blood bath in parts of the State and beyond.

As Jesus triumphed over death, we will also triumph over every agent of disunity be it communal wars or herder's attack.

As your Leader, I feel your pain. What affects you affects me and what affects me, affects you. The death of any Ebonyian diminishes me. That is why we are fighting the hostilities with all the wisdom of God in us. We trust God, that at the end of the day as our Lord Jesus is rising from the dead, we as a State shall surmount all these hurdles.

While I call on you to remain united and eschew all forms of bitterness, hatred and further bloodletting, I wish all of us renewed strength this Easter.

Happy Easter and God bless Ebonyi State.

His Excellency,
Engineer David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE
Governor of Ebonyi State

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1386678/gov-umahi-pens-emotional-easter-message-ebonyians/

Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Ezemarcel(m): 10:36am On Apr 04, 2021
Since you entered APC .....you are now diminishing gradually should incase you are not aware

1 Like

Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Elonmuskfan: 10:37am On Apr 04, 2021
Good man

Death of any Nigerian doesn’t diminish Buhari, Buhari has been desensitized by death of any Nigerian. He has become used to it. Dude now reacts for reacting sake.
Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Racoon(m): 10:48am On Apr 04, 2021
Political talk! Is it not rather Governor Dave Umahi that has diminished Ebonyians with his oppressive government policies by cutting down on civil servants salaries, constricting tax policies and arbitrary sack of the state workforce? Abeg make people hear word.
Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Kaduna1stson: 10:48am On Apr 04, 2021
We will control this one till he diverts the attention of his people from the herdsmen killings by promising him VP or presidency grin
Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Tranquillity360: 10:51am On Apr 04, 2021
But you claimed to know those that did the killing.

Why haven't any of them arrested.
Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Kaduna1stson: 10:52am On Apr 04, 2021
Tranquillity360:
But you claimed to know those that did the killing.

Why haven't any of them arrested.
Police are not arresting herdsmen now. We are above the law.
Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Viko60: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2021
Why not defend the people instead of just glossing over nothing.Next week you will still come out and say something else.
Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by kelechi50: 11:13am On Apr 04, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Police are not arresting herdsmen now. We are above the law.
But you are receiving the majority of your human inhumanity to man. You are above the law but the destruction in your region by yourself is a great gain undecided
Re: Easter Celebration : Death Of Any Ebonyian Diminishes Me - Gov. Umahi by Kaduna1stson: 11:35am On Apr 04, 2021
kelechi50:
But you are receiving the majority of your human inhumanity to man. You are above the law but the destruction in your region by yourself is a great gain undecided

We don't care, wetin consan you?

(1) (Reply)

Engineer Matthew Adebayo Dies At 80 / Buhari Supporters Explain Why They Are Protesting To Support The President Video / Don’t Reduce Your Value In Nigeria – Uzodinma Tells Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.