Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? (705 Views)

Chatgpt Is Smart. Look At The Way It Solved This Tough Question / Christians, Come And Answer This Question. / Who Can Answer This Question About The Birth Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 10:53am On Apr 04, 2021
PS: There is no right or wrong answer, just state your answer with reasons. But think your reasons through and think if you would still stick to it if the scenario changed a little.

Scenario 1
You are driving a TRAIN on a rail track but from a distance you can see that 5 workers are working on the track and for some reasons your brake and horn doesn't work. You are sure THE FIVE OF THEM WILL BE KILLED, but just as you have accepted that fate, you see an intersection on the rail track and if you switch to that intersection ONLY 1 WORKER will die. Here is the dilemma,

(A)Will you make that switch to save 5 and kill just 1? or

(B) will you continue on the original track and kill 5 instead?

If you pick A, what are your reasons and if you pick B what are your reasons.

It doesn't stop there.

If you picked A can you answer this. Suppose you were standing at the side of the Track before the rail intersection and you are sure if you jump into the track, the train will KILL YOU but stop moving therefore SAVING 5 or 6 rail workers in the process will you go ahead with it seeing your SACRIFICE WILL BE SAVING 6 LIVES? if yes why and if not, why not.

If you picked B, What if the number of people in that track suddenly increased to 20 or 50 workers in a split second, will you still maintain on that original track or will you switch lane and kill the one? If you will continue, why? If not, why not?

If you picked you will not, then answer this too, Suppose you were a by stander at the side of the Track after the train passed the rail intersection, will you jump into the track, the train will KILL YOU but stop moving therefore SAVING 20 rail workers in the process. Will you go ahead with it seeing your SACRIFICE WILL BE SAVING 20 LIVES? if yes why and if not, why not.

Scenario 2 will be up soon...

Seun
OAM4J
Mynd44
dominique
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 11:09am On Apr 04, 2021
Scenario 2

Imagine you are a doctor, you have 6 patients in your care.
The first patient is just there for routine check but he is relatively healthy and is taking a nap at one of the beds in the hospital

The 2nd to 6th patients are critically ill though, they are in need of ORGAN TRANSPLANT, one needs a HEART, another a PAIR OF KIDNEYS, the next a LIVER, the next A LUNG, and the last A PANCREAS,

(A) will you suddenly kill the relatively healthy patient to SAVE THE 5 UNHEALTHY PATIENTS. That is 1 life to save 5 lives.

Or

(B) will you watch the 5 die because of no organ donors.

If you picked A what are your reasons.

If you picked A, What if you kill one of the critical ill patients and use his good organs to save the 4 other critically ill patients will that be okay, instead of killing the healthy one.

If you picked B, what if the healthy man said you should kill him and save the 5 would that make it okay for you?
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by sonmvayina(m): 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
We really face tough decisions in this life...i guess i will go with the lesser of the evil...i can try ans live with that on my conscience...

Or i will just scream "blood of jesus and apostle sulieman, the train will just be transported to ilorin by magic....

End of story..
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:
PS: There is no right or wrong answer, just state your answer with reasons. But think your reasons through and think if you would still stick to it if the scenario changed a little.

Scenario 1
You are driving a TRAIN on a rail track but from a distance you can see that 5 workers are working on the track and for some reasons your brake and horn doesn't work. You are sure THE FIVE OF THEM WILL BE KILLED, but just as you have accepted that fate, you see an intersection on the rail track and if you switch to that intersection ONLY 1 WORKER will die. Here is the dilemma,

(A)Will you make that switch to save 5 and kill just 1? or

(B) will you continue on the original track and kill 5 instead?

If you pick A, what are your reasons and if you pick B what are your reasons.

It doesn't stop there.

If you picked A can you answer this. Suppose you were standing at the side of the Track before the rail intersection and you are sure if you jump into the track, the train will KILL YOU but stop moving therefore SAVING 5 or 6 rail workers in the process will you go ahead with it seeing your SACRIFICE WILL BE SAVING 6 LIVES? if yes why and if not, why not.

If you picked B, What if the number of people in that track suddenly increased to 20 or 50 workers in a split second, will you still maintain on that original track or will you switch lane and kill the one? If you will continue, why? If not, why not?

If you picked you will not, then answer this too, Suppose you were a by stander at the side of the Track after the train passed the rail intersection, will you jump into the track, the train will KILL YOU but stop moving therefore SAVING 20 rail workers in the process. Will you go ahead with it seeing your SACRIFICE WILL BE SAVING 20 LIVES? if yes why and if not, why not.

Scenario 2 will be up soon...

Seun
OAM4J
Mynd44
dominique
Scenario A
I will pick the intersection and make just 1 man die
Why?
Because I will live to tell the story and a next time I'll carry a piped organ to blow so loud since I've been in that situation before, I don't think any other person will know that than me.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:
Scenario 2

Imagine you are a doctor, you have 6 patients in your care.
The first patient is just there for routine check but he is relatively healthy and is taking a nap at one of the beds in the hospital

The 2nd to 6th patients are critically ill though, they are in need of ORGAN TRANSPLANT, one needs a HEART, another a PAIR OF KIDNEYS, the next a LIVER, the next A LUNG, and the last A PANCREAS,

(A) will you suddenly kill the relatively healthy patient to SAVE THE 5 UNHEALTHY PATIENTS. That is 1 life to save 5 lives.

Or

(B) will you watch the 5 die because of no organ donors.

If you picked A what are your reasons.

If you picked A, What if you kill one of the critical ill patients and use his good organs to save the 4 other critically ill patients will that be okay, instead of killing the healthy one.

If you picked B, what if the healthy man said you should kill him and save the 5 would that make it okay for you?
(B)
I will choose B
Because we all have the right to live and there is a code of conduct with organ donation that surpasses sentiment,which is "consent"
We are all born to die,so if the healthy man won't give his consent,and none of the ill patient's won't give theirs,then I'd either leave them alone or wait and check the weakest of situations with an 80% probability of dying and just tell him,his case is too severe,will he rather choose,now I've forgotten the name of that thing where they do (the right to die,through a painless death or something, injection) I will tell him this or convince him to give out his organs so parts of him can keep living since he will die soon anyways
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
sonmvayina:
We really face tough decisions in this life...i guess i will go with the lesser of the evil...i can try ans live with that on my conscience...

Or i will just scream "blood of jesus and apostle sulieman, the train will just be transported to ilorin by magic....

End of story..

Lol na wa grin you didnt answer the other part.

Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

Scenario A
I will pick the intersection and make just 1 man die
Why?
Because I will live to tell the story and a next time I'll carry a piped organ to blow so loud since I've been in that situation before, I don't think any other person will know that than me.

Nice one, you havent answered the second part of the question.

Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 6:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

(B)
I will choose B
Because we all have the right to live and there is a code of conduct with organ donation that surpasses sentiment,which is "consent"
We are all born to die,so if the healthy man won't give his consent,and none of the ill patient's won't give theirs,then I'd either leave them alone or wait and check the weakest of situations with an 80% probability of dying and just tell him,his case is too severe,will he rather choose,now I've forgotten the name of that thing where they do (the right to die,through a painless death or something, injection) I will tell him this or convince him to give out his organs so parts of him can keep living since he will die soon anyways

I think HOSPICE is the word you are looking for.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

Nice one, you havent answered the second part of the question.

I'm not Jesus so I won't drag places with Him so nope
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

I think HOSPICE is the word you are looking for.
The word is Euthanasia
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

The word is Euthanasia

Good you found it.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

I'm not Jesus so I won't drag places with Him so nope

So you changed your stance on sacrificing 1 to save 5. Well no right or wrong answer.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

So you changed your stance on sacrificing 1 to save 5. Well no right or wrong answer.
You're not getting my answer na
You asked 2 different questions in the same option
If I chose B,will I leave one man to die? Which is (A)
I said yes and gave my reason's
You went ahead to say if I chose that (A) and I could be by the side of the track and die in their stead,will I do it,and I said nope,cause I'm not Jesus
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

Good you found it.
Thanks for trying out
You made me know Hospice
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

You're not getting my answer na
You asked 2 different questions in the same option
If I chose B,will I leave one man to die? Which is (A)
I said yes and gave my reason's
You went ahead to say if I chose that (A) and I could be by the side of the track and die in their stead,will I do it,and I said nope,cause I'm not Jesus

You got it confused. Young lady look at it closely again. Option A has two questions, although two different scenarios. And both question involves killing 1 to save 5.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

You got it confused. Young lady look at it closely again. Option A has two questions, although two different scenarios. And both question involves killing 1 to save 5.
My answer is centering around me not being the sacrificial Lamb.
I'm not interest in them erecting a monument afterwards, mbanu
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

My answer is centering around me not being the sacrificial Lamb.
I'm not interest in them erecting a monuments afterwards, mbanu

Yeah, we are still saying thing. The good thing is no wrong or write answer. it only test if we can follow a certain principle all of the time whether in different circumstances.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

Yeah, we are still saying thing. The good thing is no wrong or write answer. it only test if we can follow a certain principle all of the time whether in different circumstances.
Oya what's your own answer to all those your scenario's?
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

Oya what's your own answer to all those your scenario's?

Wahala o cheesy cheesy cheesy. Smart pants you have come again grin
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

Wahala o cheesy cheesy cheesy. Smart pants you have come again grin
I need answer tongue
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

I need answer tongue

No right or wrong answer like I said, this is just to simulate your thinking
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by Lucrativress(f): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

No right or wrong answer like I said, this is just to simulate your thinking
Ehn give your own na on the matter
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lucrativress:

Ehn give your own na on the matter

Why is mine the ISSUE HERE smart pants tongue
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by sonmvayina(m): 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
needanswer:

Lol na wa grin you didnt answer the other part.

Yes i would, just like what iron man did in end game. Death is just an illusion anyway...
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
sonmvayina:

Yes i would, just like what iron man did in end game. Death is just an illusion anyway...

So you stuck with the principle of the greater good. Good to know smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
To be honest while I'd like to say I'd do what brings about the most good or the least harm, the truth is it will depend on how I feel about things that day.

Take this scenario: if you were transported by time travel back to Adolf Hitler's baby days and given a one time and one time only opportunity to kill baby Adolf, would you do it?
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:
To be honest while I'd like to say I'd do what brings about the most good or the least harm, the truth is it will depend on how I feel about things that day.

Take this scenario: if you were transported by time travel back to Adolf Hitler's baby days and given a one time and one time only opportunity to kill baby Adolf, would you do it?

I won't unfortunately. But I'll make sure he never rules either as a civilian or in the military.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by LordReed(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

I won't unfortunately. But I'll make sure he never rules either as a civilian or in the military.

How would you do that? Remember this is a one time deal, you can't go to some other time period, this is the only chance you'll get.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

How would you do that? Remember this is a one time deal, you can't go to some other time period, this is the only chance you'll get.

Tough choice.

People are usually shaped to become what they become at the later stage of their life when growing up. If I can get more time with him, maybe if I can raise him, just maybe his life choices may turn out differently.

But if not, It leaves me with a difficult choice, if I alter history, will I make the present 2021 better or worse? Will another evil rise up in it's place and do a greater harm than Hitler would? Would I even be born in the future?

Once I kill Hitler, I must be prepared for a future that I never imagined either good or bad.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by LordReed(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

Tough choice.

People are usually shaped to become what they become at the later stage of their life when growing up. If I can get more time with him, maybe if I can raise him, just maybe his life choices may turn out differently.

But if not, It leaves me with a difficult choice, if I alter history, will I make the present 2021 better or worse? Will another evil rise up in it's place and do a greater harm than Hitler would? Would I even be born in the future?

Once I kill Hitler, I must be prepared for a future that I never imagined either good or bad.

Yep. That's why I think there are no simple answers to these questions but they are good to contemplate so that we can ground our morality more and more in reason.
Re: Can You Answer This Tough Questions With Reasons? by needanswer: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

Yep. That's why I think there are no simple answers to these questions but they are good to contemplate so that we can ground our morality more and more in reason.

Yeah right! There are no right or wrong answers too. But the implications of your actions must be fully understood by you before you take them or can be such that you can defend them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Only One Thing God Cannot Do. / Prophecy: "Nnamdi Kanu Will Die Before 2022" / Facts You Need To Know About Hell!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.