Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

The PAJERO Club - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The PAJERO Club (10437 Views)

Is The Mitsubishi Pajero 2007 Great As A First Car. / 2020 4th Generation Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV Launched In Lagos / The Unmatching Beauty Of MITSUBISHI PAJERO 2017 MODEL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 7:33am On Dec 14, 2023
I hope this is my last one of the year.
The new radiator failed. It was installed in July.
Since we were pulling out the radiator, I replaced the water pump and timing belt using original Mitsubishi parts. The PCV tube was clogged so he cleaned it. Looking to buy a new one.
The transmission issue was caused by low fluid levels. A big dooh or slap in the face there. Spent a ton on fluids to find this out.
I hope this is it for a long time.

Summary of what has been done.
Air filter
Spark plugs 6
Tensioner and belt
6 ignition coils
Tie rod ends
lower control arms
Front ball joints
3 wheel bearings
Front and rear brake pads
Parking brake shoe
Shift sensor
Fluids and filters transmission
Differential (front and rear) and transfer case fluids
Pulleys
Seafoam treatment
Manual cleaning of intake manifold
Numerous bulbs
Gear shift selector rubber and mat
Valve cover gaskets
Engine Oil cap
Fuel cap
Radiator cap
Thermostat
4 new tyres
Water pump
Timing belt
Steering boots (rubber)
Blocked rear heater
I will update if I missed anything.
Re: The PAJERO Club by Kingdemu: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2023
Omo

1 Like

Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2023
Anyone of you driving a black Pajero yesterday driving from Benin towards Lagos? Nice clean truck.
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 5:01pm On Jan 02
I went to the East by road, Wednesday last week. One tank took me from Lagos to Owerri.
Improvement from before but still atrocious gas mileage. AC was on made one 5 minutes stop and drove till we stopped in Owerri.
I lose range in traffic. 80 km driving to the Ihiala check point.
Comfortable ride. Left Lagos atabout 520 am, I was in Owerri Bon Hotel by 320 pm.
Re: The PAJERO Club by vivalavida(m): 1:46am On Jan 08
chris81964:
I went to the East by road, Wednesday last week. One tank took me from Lagos to Owerri.
Improvement from before but still atrocious gas mileage. AC was on made one 5 minutes stop and drove till we stopped in Owerri.
I lose range in traffic. 80 km driving to the Ihiala check point.
Comfortable ride. Left Lagos atabout 520 am, I was in Owerri Bon Hotel by 320 pm.
Wow.
How many plug engine?

What's the tank size?
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 5:41am On Jan 08
vivalavida:

Wow.
How many plug engine?

What's the tank size?
Six cylinder and 88 liters with reserve.
Re: The PAJERO Club by chris81964(m): 9:16am On Feb 11
I went down a rabbit spending hole and the problem was something that I had suggested to my mechanic to replace.
Three radiator later, over 30 liters of transmission fluid, new thermostat, new AC fan.
The last radiator failed and pumped coolant into the transmission.
I had to purchase prestone radiator flush to remove the oil in the cooling channels.
The one before that I replaced the timing belt and water pump.
The radiator fan was the culprit. If yours spins freely by hand replace it.
Over 700k and it was a fan clutch that failed.
Re: The PAJERO Club by Timymy: 11:26pm On Feb 18
Abeg, what's the update on your Pajero? We miss your threads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Taxi Brand In Your Town? / Why Do Most Nigerians Use Exotic Cars Yet Live In Poor Or Rented Houses? / FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.