Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident (12752 Views)

Referee Basil Giwa Slumps And Dies In Ibadan (Pictured) / David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia / Nigerian Striker Audu Seriki Dies In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by precision7: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
Skoda Xanthi's Nigerian international Olubayo Adefemi has died in a car accident, Greek police said on Monday.  The 25-year-old defender lost control of his car on the Egnatia motorway while driving from Xanthi to Salonika in the Kavala region of Northern Greece. 

The former Rapid Bucharest player was on his way to finalise details of his wedding when the accident happened, police said.  Adefemi signed for Xanthi last summer and made 24 appearances for the club, scoring twice. He has also played three times for Nigeria.  "The Super League and the entire Greek football family would like to express its deepest condolences and sympathy for the family of Olubayo Adefemi who died tragically in a car accident," league organisers said in a statement on Monday.

http://af.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idAFJOE73H06U20110418
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by enomakos(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
is this true?
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by precision7: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
Confirmed, u can search google 4 it, u'll find a lot of links with d info.

Its a sad news, someone who was planning is wedding, Am in fact short of words.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by kaz4sure: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nigeria’s Olubayo Adefemi dies in a car crash in Greece
The defender was traveling to finalize his upcoming wedding in Greece when he met his untimely death.
The Greek police confirmed the death of Nigeria international defender Olubayo Adefemi due to a car accident.

The Skoda Xanthi player is reported to have lost control of his car while on his way to finalize details of his wedding. The 25-year-old was driving from Xanthi to Salonika in the Kavala region of northern Greece.

"The Super League and the entire Greek football family would like to express its deepest condolences and sympathy for the family of Olubayo Adefemi who died tragically in a car accident," a statement from the league organizers read.

The former Rapid Bucharest made 24 appearances for Xanthi with two goals to his name, and he was capped three times for Nigeria.

confirmed from goal.com

1 Like

Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by dominique(f): 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
precision7:

Confirmed, u can search google 4 it, u'll find a lot of links with d info.

Its a sad news, someone who was planning his wedding, Am in fact short of words.

oh dear, may he RIP sad
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by babyme1(f): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
rip cry cry
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by GTay(m): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
Very sad news indeed! sad May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by TeeJay6(m): 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
What a shame, RIP my heart goes to the family and the bride, cry cry cry cry
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by Mobinga: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
He was supposed to get married this week.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by Sampao: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sad indeed. RIP
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by UZORY007: 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
RIP cry
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by enomakos(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
i am short of word,what a tragedy
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by stagger: 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
Is this not the same Olubayo who scored that header that gave Nigeria its second goal against Algeria in the 2005 African Youth Championship, a match where Taye Taiwo got the first and Chiendu Obasi scored the 3rd?

I am in shock. Terrible news indeed! cry cry cry
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by namdo(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
What a pity, may his soul RIPP shocked
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
 OMG! I cant believe this, RIP Olubayo RIP * Burst into tears *cry  cry  cry
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by Xfactoria: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
What?

Meeeeeeeeen! This is a big loss. Chei!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by babaowo: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
few days to wedding what a tradgedy nah wha oooooo
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by ifyalways(f): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sad and very unfortunate.

My heart goes out to the fiancee and family.  sad
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by seedord247(m): 3:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sey Good Road no dey Greece ni?. . . . . .Well sha. . . . . . . . God know the best. . . . . Inalillahi Wainalahi Rajiun
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by otokx(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
its always very tempting to speed on a good road but we should know better than to do that.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by Kc3000: 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sad news, I remember this lad from the youth championships, RIP bro.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by adexchamp(m): 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
Oh what a great loss to the entire country,i pray that may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by SamMilla1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tragic, This guy was my friend. angry sad cry
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by SamMilla1(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tragic, This guy was my friend. angry sad cry
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by idifu(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
sad
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by Ajengogo(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
Waooo. Is he not the guy that does canoe-paddling sign after scoring a goal? If he is then it is great loss to Nigerian football community. My heart goes to the family and his fiancee, most especially. It is quite tragic
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by ObamaUS: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
This guy was indisputably committed to the national colours, We will miss you dearly beloved.
When Nigeria is celebrating a smooth transition and the victory of GOODLUCK JONATHAN,then comes this sad news of ur demise,
WHAT A GREAT LOSS TO THE ENTIRE NATION.PLS REST IN THE BOSSOM OF OUR LORD.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by slap1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
RIP. I hate car accidents!
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by OAM4J: 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
OMG! So sad! sad
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by yemmight(m): 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
And some wicked people still walk the street? RIP.  So painful.  The news is presently on headline on NTA.  I really feel for the family of this young man and the to-be wife.
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by Omooba77: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
very sad for a young guy to leave like this. We should all be prepared to meet our maker, have you given your life to JESUS?
Re: Olubayo Adefemi Dies In A Car Accident by SAKUR: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
rip.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Virtual Football League(vfl) Trick Discovered / NFF Appoints Coaches For Home Eagles, Flying Eagles, Golden Eaglets / Japan Vs Costa Rica: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 1) On 27 Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.