Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE (3301 Views)

Many Killed By Gunmen In Omege, Ebonyi Village (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Musa Mante Baraze: Lawmaker Killed By Gunmen In Bauchi Buried (Photo) / Lawrence Ngozi Akpomiemie Killed By Gunmen In Delta (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Igboid: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2021
I have three theories on who the Unknown Gunmen could be.

1. The Federal Government.

They want to get a justifiable reason to invade SE again and maybe declare a state of emergency in the region this time around in order to flush out the ESN from the bush.
Killing policeman, burning police stations will be a veritable way to go about it. They will wreck those havoc and label it on ESN to justify their terrorist tag on the group and to invade the region.
We have seen this tactics before from the FG during the peaceful end SARS protest where by hoodlums were unleashed to go and join peaceful protesters and then to start destroying and defacing public infrastructure and property including roadside vehicles, in other to tag the protesters violent and justify the government planned violent clamp down on them using the military and police.
Substitute the EndSARs protesters with ESN, and the hoodlums employed and with UGM(Unknown Gunmen)and you have similar scenario.
People point out that UGM appeared just when ESN surfaced, and therefore UGM must be ESN. Its a good point. But on the other hand, it could as well be argued that UGM are controlled by those who want to neutralize ESN by tainting their public image and linking them with crimes rather than herdsmen fight, how else could you explain sudden appearance of UGM just when ESN is starting to enjoy total support from SE commoners and elites. And who could harbour such motive, the FG?

2. ESN.

ESN needs weapons for its operation, police stations and police men harbour weapons, albeit outdated ones, could ESN be attacking police as a source of weapon supply for ESN operations? It is also true that members of ESN had lost lots of family members and friends to Nigerian police and military during their peaceful protest days when they only had flags as weapons and hence many of them harbour deep seated vendetta against the Nigerian police. Many even know the identity of the police men and military men that massacred peaceful and flag bearing IPOB protesters in the past.
Just maybe, this is them(IPOB) trying to get even with the Nigerian police now that they have gotten hold of weapons. A case of score settling?

Secondarily, many of these prisons harbour members of IPOB whose only crime was being caught with Biafran flags and other Biafra themed objects. ESN might be trying to exact justice by themselves by attacking this prison to
free up IPOB members wrongfully jailed and to have them enlist into the ESN to swell their ranks.
Furthermore, it's no secret that MNK had made it clear that he and IPOB would no longer tolerate the SE being treated as war zone by Nigerian military and police where by there are endless checkpoints all over the region extorting commuters and escalating the final cost of goods and services the consumers in the region has to pay as the business people have to recoup the money spent on paying the Nigerian military and police men at these checkpoints.
IPOB didn't say exactly how they intend to rid SE of police and military check points, but that's exactly what the UGM are doing, coincidence? If you ask me, nah who I go ask

3. Just Unknown Gunmen.

Third and final theory.
The Unknown Gunmen could as well just be unknown gun men. Criminal elements just doing their criminal activities with both IPOB and FG not in anyway involved but both looking at how to use the activities of the UGM to do propaganda and achieve their own set goals.
Either way,time will eventually reveal who are behind the UGM as IPOB and ESN had since distanced themselves from their activities.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Gaston3114(m): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2021
my second FTC today
Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 05, 2021
OPTION 1 - FEDERAL GOVERNMENT (MILITARY), ABATED BY YORUBA MEDIA PROPAGANDA. THEIR PLAN IS TO INFLICT DEATHS, DAMAGE AND INSECURITY THAT IGBOS WILL NOW BEGIN ATTACKING IPOB AND ESN OUT OF DESPERATION TO GO AWAY, WHICH WILL THEN OPEN THE DOOR FOR FULANI HERDSMEN AND BANDITS TO COME IN AND SLAUGHTER/MACHETTE THEM LIKE SUYA ON DAILY BASIS LIKE YOU SEE IN SOUTHERN KADUNA. THEN YORUBAAS WILL POST IT ALL OVER ONLINE LIKE EBONYI RECENT KILLINGS AND MOCK YOU BY SAYING "WHERE IS ESN?." BEWARE OF TWO-FACED AFONJAS!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2021
ESN and IPOb terrorists are the unknown gunmen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Darkcloud11(m): 9:24am On Apr 05, 2021
I foresee another civil war,I see another 1966 happening all over again,the. new tafawa ballewa is Buhari,who is watching all the small small revolt going on in the country,all it takes now is for one opposition trine to kill a Top politician from a major ethnic group,if U have a lot resource but reallocate from Nigeria for the main time with your family,the armed forces is already compromised in the east they are silent government authorities supporting the ipob crew,in the North Boko Haram is being headed by very influential Northerners in the west oduduwa is already gaining massive followers,the only neutral zone is the SS region, and shockingly ss might prefer siding the Easterners forget nairaland a lot of SS support Biafra, middle belt is already tired of Northern power they might join southerners in the conquest of Northern Nigeria.u can call this karma of the civil war, northern Nigeria will loose her grip on Nigeria this I have seen

8 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by hammerDK: 9:25am On Apr 05, 2021
Not ESN or IPOB, even they are hailing people behind UGM.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by hammerDK: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2021
UGM are a group that we are yet to unmask.

Their activities seems like the military sometimes to us.

I mean precisely, Nigeria Army.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Timnico: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2021
If our people refuse to tell ourselves truth then things might get to bad for us, we shouldn't have supported ESN, now if they responsible for the attacks or not but the truth they will be accused.
Secondly, the so called director uses gutter language thereby putting our people in a difficult situation, he lacks the capacity to lead a society of sane people, our youth are now victims of this while he is in faraway London. Remember another man's freedom fighter is another's rebel leader.

Finally, the reasons for forming his ESN has been dealt a blow because of his Low IQ and EQ, enough said it's only a man who has not seen a war that screams not will happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by seunmsg(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2021
Let’s keep deceiving ourselves that we don’t know who the gunmen are. Kanu publicly placed a ban on police and declared war on them about two months ago. Since then, we’ve seen daily attacks on police and now prison officials.

When shit finally hit the roof, Na the people go suffer am. When Boko Haram started by killing police officers, some locals supported them thinking they won’t be affected. Today, they know better. I wish all those who are supporting this nonsense well. We shall all be here to see out it ends.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Igboid: 9:35am On Apr 05, 2021
seunmsg:
Let’s keep deceiving ourselves that we don’t know who the gunmen are. Kanu publicly placed a ban on police and declared war on them about two months ago. Since then, we’ve seen daily attacks on police and now prison officials.

When shit finally hit the roof, Na the people go suffer am. When Boko Haram started by killing police officers, some locals supported them thinking they won’t be affected. Today, they know better. I wish all those who are supporting this nonsense well. We shall all be here to see out it ends.

Who are the "We" in your post? You are not Igbo neither do you live in SE, but you are sure that UGM are IPOB/ESN.

Are you listening to yourself?

Kanu had also publicly declared that UGM are not ESN or IPOB, why are you not taking him by his word here as well, or you choose to run along with his words that justify your innate agenda while you ignore the ones that don't?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by hammerDK: 9:36am On Apr 05, 2021
seunmsg:

Naturally the Nigeria Military establishment were abducting, murdering and raping innocent people.

Is Kanu suppose to be pro-Nigeria military?

If u listen very carefully, you will know IPOB and ESN dont know the unkown Gunmen.

Simon Ekpa said it is the Nigeria military in one of his youtube videos.

5 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Conrod: 9:38am On Apr 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
ESN and IPOb terrorists are the unknown gunmen.
IFA OF ONIFA HAS SPOKEN!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Darkcloud11(m): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2021
hammerDK:

Naturally the Nigeria Military establishment were abducting, murdering and raping innocent people.

Is Kanu suppose to be pro-Nigeria military?

If u listen very carefully, you will know IPOB and ESN dont know the unkown Gunmen.

Simon Ekpa said it is the Nigeria military's in one of his youtube videos.

continue smiling, hope you have enough resources to carry your relatives from the north when the reprisal attack start, I pray another full blown war happen again maybe by then we will know the importance of peace

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Conrod: 9:47am On Apr 05, 2021
seunmsg:

Are you say that you (seunsmg) believe that kanu "the weak" can do these things you allege ?? with esn an online group? or are you just contradicting ur self??.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by hammerDK: 9:47am On Apr 05, 2021
Darkcloud11:
continue smiling, hope you have enough resources to carry your relatives from the north when the reprisal attack start, I pray another full blown war happen again maybe by then we will know the importance of peace

So, as yoruba are refugee in Benin Republic is Ok for u?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 05, 2021
Darkcloud11:
I foresee another civil war,I see another 1966 happening all over again,the. new tafawa ballewa is Buhari,who is watching all the small small revolt going on in the country,all it takes now is for one opposition trine to kill a Top politician from a major ethnic group,if U have a lot resource but reallocate from Nigeria for the main time with your family,the armed forces is already compromised in the east they are silent government authorities supporting the ipob crew,in the North Boko Haram is being headed by very influential Northerners in the west oduduwa is already gaining massive followers,the only neutral zone is the SS region, and shockingly ss might prefer siding the Easterners forget nairaland a lot of SS support Biafra, middle belt is already tired of Northern power they might join southerners in the conquest of Northern Nigeria.u can call this karma of the civil war, northern Nigeria will loose her grip on Nigeria this I have seen

Next civil war will be fought in Yorubaaland for formenting evil.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Monogamy: 9:48am On Apr 05, 2021
Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by goatgoat093: 9:49am On Apr 05, 2021
Brilliant submission

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by EzeNri(m): 9:49am On Apr 05, 2021
ESN has no link with unknown gunmen.

But enemies of IPOB will always try to link them to IPOB.

One stupid Chimezie Biafra has always claimed he formed the group.

He is the leader of Radio Biafra Israel, MNK is the leader of Radio Biafra London which was restructed into IPOB, with RBL becoming their official communication channel

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by hammerDK: 9:49am On Apr 05, 2021
Darkcloud11:

Nigeria is doing well in your opinion, u cannot see chaos all over, from North to South, East to West?

Tribalism don scatter your brain completely, u can never reason properly again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by hammerDK: 9:51am On Apr 05, 2021
This tribalism be like drugz for some people. Crack Cocaine to be precise

Dey can never take their head out of the shit hole and breathe fresh air or reason well.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Igboid: 9:51am On Apr 05, 2021
Darkcloud11:

This thread is supposed to be an interactive post.

If you believe the UGM are ESN/IPoB, I would like you to present a rational and compelling argument to support your view.
If you think they are FG agents, I expect you to do same.

No one mentioned war here. Stop shouting war up and down. Igbo land is the only region in Nigeria before that have seen war before, in case you don't know, you can't scare Ndiigbo with war. We have been there before and came out strong.
Focus on the topic and leave your war threat. No one has monopoly to violence, every human is capable of violence if you press his button hard enough.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Kinematics: 9:52am On Apr 05, 2021
Here to watch ipig miscreants rant.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by michelz: 9:54am On Apr 05, 2021
Op,ESN still remains an unlawful security organization no matter their ideology,atleast in the present day Nigeria.
Do not also forget that Mr Kanu was the reason IPOB was targeted during the End SARS protest because he openly called for the attack of persons and properties of the government even against all reasons.
He practically hijacked the protest.
Do you expect a government like the FGN to fold it's arms and watch such mayhem unleashed everywhere while Mr Kanu and his family are safely tucked away abroad?
ESN is unlawful,and not everyone welcomes such.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Africonji: 9:57am On Apr 05, 2021
I don't know who these socalled unknown gunmen are, but I am beginning to be uncomfortable with the way things are going in alaigbo. The insecurity is getting out of hand. I have always supported Mazi Kanu but I am starting to have a rethink about the wisdom of his methods. As much as we all like the idea of ESN, we need to tell ourselves some truths. ESN members needs to be registered to foster accountability, if not then we are playing with fire. Who polices ESN when they step out of line? You can't just give such paramilitary people that much power over life and death and not have checks and balances to keep them in check and make them accountable, before they start shedding needless igbo blood in our land. Until ipob finds a way of assuring Ndigbo that it has a way of checking the excesses of ESN, I can't conscientiously support the activities of the group. I come in peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Igboid: 9:57am On Apr 05, 2021
EzeNri:
ESN has no link with unknown gunmen.

But enemies of IPOB will always try to link them to IPOB.

One stupid Chimezie Biafra has always claimed he formed the group.

He is the leader of Radio Biafra Israel, MNK is the leader of Radio Biafra London which was restructed into IPOB, with RBL becoming their official communication channel

MNK and IPOB need to do more on the media to prove to us that IPOB and ESN have no hand in UGM. There is need for public accountability. There should be no room for guess and doubts.

ESN is beginning to gain total acceptance in Igbo land before this UGM saga. If IPOB and Kanu don't do enough to dispel rumours of UGM being ESN, many people who are passively supportive of ESN in the East will withdraw their support.

We have to tell ourselves the truth, most times when UGM attack police, I see many IPOB associated handles in Facebook rejoicing on individual capacity.
It might just be they are happy that the police men who were unfair to them are being bullied by an Unknown enemy, a case of Schadenfreude. But to neutrals, the line between seeing IPOB members merely rejoicing over UGM activities and UGM being an extension of ESN is already blurred.
Many Igbos too are becoming concerned. We support ESN on the basis that they would operate on the bushes to rid our farmlands of herdsmen. No one should mistake that for total power to do and undo as his heart wishes.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by hammerDK: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2021
Africonji:
I don't know who these socalled unknown gunmen are, but I am beginning to be uncomfortable with the way things are going in alaigbo. The insecurity is getting out of hand. I have always supported Mazi Kanu but I am starting to have a rethink about the wisdom of his methods. As much as we all like the idea of ESN, we need to tell ourselves some truths. ESN members needs to be registered to foster accountability, if not then we are playing with fire. Who polices ESN when they step out of line? You can't just give such paramilitary people that much power over life and death and not have checks and balances to keep them in check and make them accountable, before they start shedding needless igbo blood in our land. Until ipob finds a way of assuring Ndigbo that it has a way of checking the excesses of ESN, I can't conscientiously support the activities of the group. I come in peace.

ESN is a necessary Evil.

Our people dont want to go refugee in Benin Republic.

This your thinking is y Ogun state people are now refugee in Benin Republic and Fulani are the new land owners in Ogun State.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by EzeNri(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2021
Igboid:

MNK and IPOB need to do more on the media to prove to us that IPOB and ESN has no hand in UGM.
ESN is beginning to gain total acceptance in Igbo land before this UGM saga. If IPOB and Kanu don't do enough to dispel rumours of UGM being ESN, many people who are passively supportive of ESN in the East will withdraw their support.

We have to tell ourselves the truth, most times when UGM attack police, I see many IPOB associated handles in Facebook rejoicing on individual capacity.
It might just be they are happy that the police men who were unfair to them are being bullied by an Unknown enemy, a case of Schadenfreude. But to neutrals, the line between seeing IPOB members merely rejoicing over UGM activities and UGM being an extension of ESN is already blurred.
UGM is a group formed by Chimezie Biafra.

ESN lives in the bushes and we know their uniform.

Compare the uniform of the 16 UGM boys that were killed in Aba few days ago with those of ESN.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by seunmsg(m): 10:04am On Apr 05, 2021
Igboid:

Who are the "We" in your post? You are not Igbo neither do you live in SE, but you are sure that UGM are IPOB/ESN.

Are you listening to yourself?

Kanu had also publicly declared that UGM are not ESN or IPOB, why are you not taking him by his word here as well, or you choose to run along with his words that justify your innate agenda while you ignore the ones that don't?

Stop defending nonsense. ESN is behind the attacks. Even Kanu is no longer denying the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Igboid: 10:05am On Apr 05, 2021
EzeNri:

Compare the uniform of the 16 UGM boys that were killed in Aba few days ago with those of ESN.

If this is what IPOB hierarchy believe, then they need to stress on this during MNK broadcasts on Radio Biafra.
Every iota of doubt of IPOb and ESN being UGM has to be strongly dispelled by IPOB and Kanu. This is very important if they want to keep the support ESN enjoy in SE high as it currently is.

They should know Ndiigbo are democrats. Our support can be withdrawn and ESN will suffer as well as our farmers.

He should take this rumour of UGM being ESN serious. Many Igbos will not support UGM and you know that.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by goatgoat093: 10:06am On Apr 05, 2021
EzeNri:

Nwanne,

ESN used to stay in the bushes doing the Lord's work until prevailing circumstances (repeated attacks on their base camps by the military) forced them to adapt to.a more mobile and urban type of guerilla warfare. Right now we (Ndigbo) can adhere to the code of "Ekumeku" in regards to the escapades of unknown gunmen for obvious reasons... but deep down we all know who these UGM are.
Re: Who Are The Unknown Gunmen In The SE by Igboid: 10:09am On Apr 05, 2021
seunmsg:

Stop defending nonsense. ESN is behind the attacks. Even Kanu is no longer denying the obvious.

What's this random tweet supposed to prove?
What is wrong with you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Soldiers Killed As Unknown Gunmen Attacked JTF Checkpoint Omagwa River State / The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State / The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.