Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri (3255 Views)

There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel, And Nigeria Will Smile Again – Tinubu / Olu Falae: Yoruba Is The Glue Holding Nigeria Together / Time To Totally Disregard And Downgrade SW Political Sophistication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Yibo(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
Yorubas voted reasonably for every major political party. They gave some to APC, and PDP and Labour and even gave consolation votes to NNPP. Why won't they thrive in Nigeria? The political sophistication of the Yoruba is light years ahead!

#NigerianElections2023 #TableShaker
https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1630575211736072192

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by oyin44: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
the Yoruba doesn't play hate politics unlike the ibo who believes tribal loyalty is greater than the national one...

This is why the remainder prefers them than the ibos. cheesy grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by DeLaRue: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
In the context of Nigeria, some see Yoruba 's relaxed and 'sophisticated approach as a weakness.

I personally think the Yoruba way is rooted in their philosophical and pragmatic approach to life. One such principle is: it is essential to work hard, and be ambitious, but money is not everything.

When you are pragmatic, you think more with your head than your heart.

The average Yoruba person thinks things through several times over before acting. He doesn't act first and think later. He thinks before he acts.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by PrinceOfLagos: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
This one talks from both side of the mouth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Yibo(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
After 8 years of Shettima the Yorubas will support Wiked Wike before presidency go back to the north again

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Yibo(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
what about you?
You have made 2 promises which you are yet to fulfill

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by abobote: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
The game has changed, Reno has seen that rallies don't win election.

Reno and Atiku are the biggest loser in this election. He will stay another 8yrs in Landon, for the fear of EFCC, Atiku on the other hand has had his last shot on the presidency

11 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Paragon311(m): 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
That is the only thing that will make them relevant in every transition program.

Yorubas are not one way traffic politically...

Advantage of education in the region.

You do anyhow, you get anyhow feedbacks

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by PrinceOfLagos: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
Igbo:
what about you?
You have made 2 promises which you are yet to fulfill
I didn't make any promises directly to you, I owe you nothing my boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by ClintonEmex: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
Reno Omockery

1 Like

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by jmoore(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
The mumu fugitive does not know the meaning of sophistication. Apc brought suffering to you for 8 years and you are rewarding them.

How many votes did APGA get from southwest?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Racoon(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
"..In fact, if there are Nigerians that can be exonerated they are the people of the SOUTH-EAST and SOUTH-SOUTH; but the NORTH and the SOUTH-WEST are responsible for our problems today under this regime.I said it right from the beginning that Buhari is not competent and therefore cannot lead.

Now, we are crying.It was our shortsightedness. People did not behave the way they are supposed to behaved when Buhari was looking for power..."
Yakasai To Nigerians: Blame Southwest, North for your sufferings
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/yakasai-to-nigerians-blame-southwest-north-for-your-sufferings/

Political sophistication that always leads to disastrous consequences? "....Those who gave up their liberty for their safety doesnt deserves neither their liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
Reno can say that again!

We have a history and culture!

Our intellectual vibrancy and exposure, is next to none!

If truth must be said, Nigeria is all about Yoruba’s and the rest!

We not loud and still don’t chestbeat

We do it!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Houseontherock1: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
In the words of Bruce Lee "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves".

Clever politicians and their followers are just like water, they adjust to the object, they are not rigid and this is why outward things keep disclosing themselves! Those calling for war are simply rigid and inexperienced

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by duro4chang(m): 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Please check the voting pattern in yorubaland since 2003. It is always a spread. Every party will have good number of votes in all yorubaland. No block votes.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by 2mch(m): 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
Racoon:
Political sophistication that always leads to disastrous consequences? "....Those who gave up their liberty for their safety doesnt deserves neither their liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
I am telling you. By the time they wake up, they will try to fight but it will be too late. Every region in Nigeria votes tribally on the national stage.
Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Yibo(m): 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
I didn't make any promises directly to you, I owe you nothing my boy
e pain am
You will see Pepper in few days time

13 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by femisplash: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ibos voted 99% for their son. PDP, APC didn't win a single state. Ibos are the biggest riggers and most tribalistic in Nigeria.

21 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by nisai: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
DeLaRue:
In the context of Nigeria, some see Yoruba 's relaxed and 'sophisticated approach as a weakness.

I personally think the Yoruba way is rooted in their philosophical and pragmatic approach to life.

Yoruba way of life involves thinking something through several times over before reacting, as opposed to reacting first and then think later.

Fact. Always looking forward to your view on issues.

8 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by OlawaleBammie: 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2023
oyin44:
the Yoruba doesn't play hate politics unlike the ibo who believes tribal loyalty is greater than the national one...

This is why the remainder prefers them than the ibos. cheesy grin
how many states have bn announced so far sir, do tinubu still have hope??

1 Like

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by jmoore(m): 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
femisplash:
Ibos voted 99% for their son. PDP, APC didn't win a single state. Ibos are the biggest riggers and most tribalistic in Nigeria.
Igbo voted for Obasanjo in 1999 and 2003. When has Yoruba voted mostly for any Igbo presidential candidate? Get sense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by OlawaleBammie: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Reno can say that again!

We have a history and culture!

Our intellectual vibrancy and exposure, is next to none!

Of truth must be said, Nigeria is all about Yoruba’s and the rest!

We not loud and still don’t chestbeat

We do it!
How many states have bn announced so far baba, do tinubu still have hope of meeting with the 25% threshold??
Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Gboom: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
The result that came out of Anambra shows that Ibos are not ready for leadership, they don't allow diversities. The election shows the people are not liberal at all and it seem people were forced to vote against their will. I saw a video on Facebook where a group of women queued for voting and one man was using their thumb to vote, is it proper like that?

15 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Creeper: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
DeLaRue:

I personally think the Yoruba way is rooted in their philosophical and pragmatic approach to life.

Yoruba way of life involves thinking something through several times over before reacting, as opposed to reacting first and then think later.

I think it’s the inherent egalitarianism that’s part of Yoruba culture/tradition. Yoruba were able to build a culture that promotes egalitarianism whilst also promoting dictatorship when it comes to relationship between youths and elders. And it just shows how sophisticated Yorubas are - due to how they’re able to create a balance between the two.

Some see it as a sign of weakness while others see it as lack of unity - but in reality, it brings checks and balances. I don’t think any candidate in Nigerian electoral history (including Awolowo) has ever won 70% of Yoruba votes (I stand to be correct tho).

That said, I still think this great attribute need to be put in check for now - due to the current realities of Nigeria. Yoruba nationalism should be the paramount thing - until there are no external threats, from other belligerent ethnic groups. Some people are hellbent on exploiting this attribute and they see it as a sign of weakness.

18 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by femisplash: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2023
jmoore:

Igbo voted for Obasanjo in 1999 and 2003. When has Yoruba voted mostly for any Igbo presidential candidate? Get sense!
Ibos voted PDP a candidate in OBJ while ignoring Falae, the Yoruba Candidate.
Yoruba have voted for GEJ, Yar'Adua and Buhari.

10 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

9 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by YorubaSamurai: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
yorubas nor be anybody mate for africa cheesy
tinubu no be any politician mate for africa cheesy

8 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by updatechange(m): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
jmoore:

When has Igbo fielded a sensible and credible presidential candidate?

9 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by YorubaSamurai: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
Igbo:
After 8 years of Shettima the Yorubas will support Wiked Wike before presidency go back to the north again
you are right.. wicked wike or udom emmanuel because tinubu secure 25% for akwaibom.. cheesy
nothing for igbos in this nigeria grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by Kyase(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
DeLaRue:

I personally think the Yoruba way is rooted in their philosophical and pragmatic approach to life. One such principle is: it is essential to work hard, and be ambitious, but money is not everything.

When you are pragmatic, you think more with your head than your heart.
No
The average Yoruba person thinks things through several times over before acting. He doesn't act first and think later. He thinks before he acts.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

Na lie abeg
Una no like una selves
End of story

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by onumadu: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
This man never misses the opportunity to insult Yoruba people. undecided
So, electoral theft and vote rigging is sophistication?
If we didn't see true "Omoluabl" Yorubas in action in this election which led to the defeat of Tinubu in his own backyard, maybe Reno may have a point.
Whether Reno likes it or not, this election has by far united the Yorubas with Igbos the most in the history of Nigeria.
OUOTE ME.
For the first time, really, the Yoruba voted for an Igbo presidential candidate in unprecedented numbers, and shamed their thieving brother in his own backyard. Yet Reno is here talking rubbish. undecided

Don't worry, this election is far from over because every Nigerian knows what happened.
To my Yoruba Omoluabi brothers, I say a huge thank you.
Together we shall free this country from all thieves! cool
Re: The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri by LegendHero(m): 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
Yet na we those clowns dey always call tribalists.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Trends As President Tinubu Spotted Praying Juma’at With The Aid Of A Chair / Election Tribunal: Reasons LP Witness: D Professor Of Maths Has Roped INEC / Kidnappers Strike Again In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.