Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,007 members, 7,845,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? (3829 Views)

If The Elections Were To Be Reconducted Today, Who Would You Vote For? / Northernization Agenda: How NLC Elections Were Rigged / Nba Elections Were Rigged: Lawyers' Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by EzeUche2(m): 12:14am On Apr 19, 2011
GenBuhari:

Buhari won these elections pure and simple!

Buhari didn't win anything except in your own imagination.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Bawss1(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2011
GenBuhari:

Buhari won these elections pure and simple!

A wild and totally unfounded claim.

I worry that the quote above might be signs of dementia in the offing.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2011
The point of the matter is nit that GEJ won, but that the results were tampered with. Simply put, why give me an F when I could have gotten a D?

We would be deluding ourselves to say those results were authentic,

If the northerners were against GEJ's rule like some expect us to believe, how come GEJ did so well there?

As a Buhari supporter, I'm disappointed he hasn't spoken out against the violence. Most of those on the streets do not have accounts on facebook or social networking sites,

On the other hand, when the PDP has stolen your votes, it's right to get your pound of flesh too,
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by liquid7: 10:41am On Apr 19, 2011
were the election rigged?ofc.its impossible to get 100% turnout for any election anywhere in the world.i know a couple in yenagoa who did not vote.
then you have some states declaring 95-99% of votes for GEJ.

my problem with buhari is that he has not come outright and asked people to stop rioting.had he done that and then push the international community and made noise to bbc and cnn as well as shown videos of how pdp rigged(there already 1 on youtube even),he might actually cause enough for the international community to listen.

sadly the international monitors are not very intrested at this point because a pdp government has proven to them over the cause of 12 yrs to be reliable at pumping the oil and letting their companies pollute the land .Also the current corruption that plagues nigeria is the best they ever had for their own gains.in the past when diko brought £100m to uk it was a super big deal nowadays minsters who have been office barely 1 yr can do that and more .
A PDP/GEJ government is just perfect for them
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2011
@liquid 7
I agree with you about the western nation being against Buhari as they could exploit Nigeria more under PDP corrupt government.
So why do you then say he should approach western CNN and BBC?, dont u realise they are not independant of their governments?

My personal view is that, I DO NOT BLAME PEOPLE FOR BEING ANGRY THAT THEY HAVE BEEN CHEATED.

Buhari never caused the riot,

rigging the elections, caused the riots
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by liquid7: 11:02am On Apr 19, 2011
GenBuhari:

@liquid 7
I agree with you about the western nation being against Buhari as they could exploit Nigeria more under PDP corrupt government.
So why do you then say he should approach western CNN and BBC?, dont u realise they are not independant of their governments?

My personal view is that, I DO NOT BLAME PEOPLE FOR BEING ANGRY THAT THEY HAVE BEEN CHEATED.

Buhari never caused the riot,

rigging the elections, caused the riots

guess because there is little or no other option.violence is not the answer.
and the average nigerian probably does not realise they are as poor now as they were 12 yrs ago which shows no progress from 12 yrs of pdp .
people point to mobile phone as "progress" and don't realise it would come to nigeria pretty much as it did most countries in the world despite whichever government.
simple things like constant electricity many countries take for granted 12 yrs of pdp cannot solve it.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2011
Right now I would be in favour of a military coup.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by assme: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2011
2011 Elections were rigged- stand up & protest

@GenBuhari

Sorry to disappoint you. GEJ is the winner there4 we aren't joining ur Credence. Please accept defeat now b4 ur thoughts turns u into a Psycho.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2011
Those who accept rigged election results and delude themselves that they live in a democracy are psychos
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by assme: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2011

Treason! be careful! this no longer the Nigeria u used to know. my best advice, Visit any psychiatrist center near u!
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Bawss1(m): 11:14am On Apr 19, 2011
GenBuhari:

Have a cup of ice tea. Without any sugar . It may help, otherwise seek professional help.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Gbenge77(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2011
Another question:Why arent people on the streets celebrating since GEJ won by a "LANDSLIDE"?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by cinzo: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2011
How can anyone in his right mind think that the average igbo man will vote for buhari Let's put sentiments aside, who gets killed anytime there is riot in the north? and you now turn around and think that man will vote for you?

Buhari committed political sucide when he decided to take someone from the SW as his vice! That shows his disdain for the SS and SE.

In my area in the SW, everyone voted for Jonathan! at the polling both peeps from all party were cracking jokes and saying today is for jonathan and that after today we all go back to our parties for gubernitorial.

What you shd know is that people did not vote for PDP! they voted for Jonathan!!!
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Bawss1(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Another question:Why arent people on the streets celebrating since GEJ won by a "LANDSLIDE"?

How is that suppose to prove anything.

You guys are grasping at straws here. Present convincing evidence that the elections were rigged as you people claimed.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Odunnu: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Depends on your location. Where I am since last nite till now its been sounds of fireworks, gunshots? and sirens. For once the entire people i'v met 2day had a smile.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2011
i cnt bliv sum people wuld use online polls as a reason to show dat electionz wer rigged,

Datz so du.mb,

Are all nigerians on nairaland??

Not even ma family****

grow up!
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2011
^I cant beliv you would accept rigged elections and delude yourself that you live in a democracy

reliable online polls are more authentic than elections that have been widely acknowledged to have been rigged.

Online polls is far more authentic.

I have at least 3 polls on NL and the interesting thing was that they were very consistent in giving Buhari average 60% and GEJ 23%
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by assme: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2011
I cant beliv you would accept rigged elections and delude yourself that you live in a democracy

reliable online polls are more authentic than elections that have ben proved to be widely rigged

Take it to INEC at once! tell them to throw away all those fake garbage that they call ballot papers and hand over the original from your Nairaland online pool unit so they can quickly cancel the results and declare your candidate winner.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by koyuid(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
People are not complaining down south because PDP manipulated everybody here to think the elections were about we vs them and it has worked perfectly.Did the pdp rig elections in the ss and se? yes and they also did in other pdp conttroled states. The reason many of us are finding it difficult to beleive that pdp rigged is because there was no violence and ballot box snatching and that we find it convinient not to beleive because our man won.I laugh when people are jumping for joy saying nigerians won, sorry nigerians did not win this election PDP did you were only a pawn in their game as GEJ STILL IN THE PDP AND THE PILLAGING PILFERING AND PLUNDERING will continue.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
Thank u my brother!!

koyuid:

People are not complaining down south because PDP manipulated everybody here to think the elections were about we vs them and it has worked perfectly.Did the pdp rig elections in the ss and se? yes and they also did in other pdp conttroled states. The reason many of us are finding it difficult to beleive that pdp rigged is because there was no violence and ballot box snatching and that we find it convinient not to beleive because our man won.I laugh when people are jumping for joy saying nigerians won, sorry nigerians did not win this election PDP did you were only a pawn in their game as GEJ STILL IN THE PDP AND THE PILLAGING PILFERING AND PLUNDERING will continue.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by cinzo: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
Those of you saying PDP rigged the elctions shd come up with hard facts! Cos when you get to the electoral tribunal what will you present

People voted for Jonathan but fortunately or unfortunately he happens to be in PDP grin

I will say this is the last opportunity for PDP to redeem itself cos they might not have this chance again. Buhari shd accept that he is not meant to rule Nigeria again, abi na do or die

We shd all eschew violence cos it does nothing than polarise us the more which is one of the reasons Buhari lost in the SS and SE.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by ikedeo(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
hello poster, if you are looking for an avenue to recruit young violent protesters against a transparent and worthy government of Nigeria, please use another forum. If you or your candidate has any issue with the polls , please use the Tribunal which is the body that handles such case,
You may need to know that i voted Cpc as well, but have come to realise through the violent protests and killings the mistake almost votin' in an unthoughtful human being( Buhari) as a president of a country when he could organise some uneducated youths to fight and tear down a country he claimed(in tears) to be passionate about their welfare,
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Jonathan has won the election if u dont like it go hug transformer. I tried to but did not die. You know why? Light no dey there for the past twelve years.[/size] angry
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by assme: 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
People are not complaining down south because PDP manipulated everybody here to think the elections were about we vs them and it has worked perfectly

My brother, how did they manipulate you into this type of thinking cos it seems u were d only one who was manipulated. Refrain from using the word 'we' cos when u went to vote, u went alone. so if ur thinking was manipulated, na u sabi. As for me, I voted GEJ after a careful analysis of other candidates and track record and also their characters not just 'Honesty' like many were clamoring for buhari. Does it take just honesty to be a leader? if at all he is honest like the claim.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Blazay(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
How can we protest when NL has 90% as the "riggers" offsprings and grand offsprings!
Please, quit deceiving yourselves.
Abi Nairaland nor dey for "Ogun" state again? cheesy
Near Ota kpa kpa.

Mu he he he
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2011
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by koyuid(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2011
assme:

My brother, how did they manipulate you into this type of thinking cos it seems u were d only one who was manipulated. Refrain from using the word 'we' cos when u went to vote, u went alone. so if your thinking was manipulated, na u sabi. As for me, I voted GEJ after a careful analysis of other candidates and track record and also their characters not just 'Honesty' like many were clamoring for buhari. Does it take just honesty to be a leader? if at all he is honest like the claim.
GEJ [b]track record [/b]and character? track record of perfomance or non perfomance?
my brother dont let us argue about this the next four years will reveal a lot.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by assme: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Gen buhari

Do u know that the only constant thing in life is change?quote so popular that u shld be so dumb if don't

Do you know that if this election was conducted earlier as at the time u conducted ur online pool Buhari might have won? due to the ignorance and blindness of some at that point

You see, things change and we get wiser by the day as events become clearer. most of us who might have voted buhari in ur poll later changed to GEJ cos of some obvious reasons. I have many frnds who changed their mind late minute so stop bringing up this ur online poo issue
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
Do not accept rigged election results

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, The Man Of The Moment- Vanguard News / Installing The APC / Pix: See What GEJ Said In 2015 Lagos Mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.