Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,225 members, 7,867,587 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? (3852 Views)

If The Elections Were To Be Reconducted Today, Who Would You Vote For? / Northernization Agenda: How NLC Elections Were Rigged / Nba Elections Were Rigged: Lawyers' Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Odunnu: 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

How can reliabe online polls on nairaland consistently give Buhari more than double the votes of GEJ, yet election results give GEJ double  of Buhari's votes.

You cannot get this level of discrepancy from sampling error alone.

Buhari is the president in my eyes
why have you kept repeating this? Do you realise that a good number of NLndrs have multiple IDs and so can vote in multiples to a favored candidate. Are you also aware that NL polls isnt the only online poll and others put GEJ ahead. Please stop these rants and accept you guys lost. Shyt happens at times.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
Perhaps if you watch the videos you may just learn something
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by naijaking1: 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

I would be a raving loony, if I were to sit back and accept rigged elections and delude myself that Iam living in a democracy.

@Moderator,
Could you please do something about this lunatic and his Buhari flag? If he want to take out his frustration for loosing the election, he knows what to do: with his left hand, take some soap, and head for the bathroom wink---he would calm down afterwards.
Please don't use up our bandwidth here-o!
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by 1luvkipsus: 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
@POSTER: wot is ur defination of riggin?if riggin is wen ur candidate loses an election,den d presidential poll has bin massively rigged,bt if it is wen results re falsified,den u re vry wrong.d problem wit most of u here is dat u tink u re educated,smart &foresighted but its all self-deciet.woteva gave u d impression dat buhari,though a fine man,wil win d election?1st,d northern elites disown him,2ndly he's flyin d flag of a new party,3rdly he didnt campaign much in d south,4thly he has divided vote 4rm d north,5thly pdp controls sum northern states.all dis factors &odas not mentioned made evn d dumbliest man know dat buhari wud not win d election.anoda tin is dat most of u only sit in front of ur computer or blackberry 2 tell lies,u don't evn ve voter's card let alone votin yet u talk all d time.but buhari evn tried!he performed vry well,& i think he will acpt d result.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
Rigging is when elections is not free and fair

Rigging is when the numbers do not stack up

Rigging is where many thousands of officials are bribed to ensure that ruling party wins

Rigging is where TV stations during news broadcast fail to mention the main opposition whilst all other parties are mentioned and the ruling party have 80% of air time of the entire news programme.

Rigging is when all reliable online polls consistently give Buhari a 60- 75% of the overall votes whilst GEJ was getting approx 20-25%, yet when the results were announced, GEJ has double the votes of Buhari.

Nigerians have been cheated again.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by naso2(m): 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

Rigging is when elections is not free and fair

Rigging is when the numbers do not stack up

Rigging is where many thousands of officials are bribed to ensure that ruling party wins

Rigging is where TV stations during news broadcast fail to mention the main opposition whilst all other parties are mentioned and the ruling party have 80% of air time of the entire news programme.
Why are you disgracing your hitherto honourable self this way?

Rigging is when all reliable online polls consistently give Buhari a 60- 75% of the overall votes whilst GEJ was getting approx 20-25%, yet when the results were announced, GEJ has double the votes of Buhari.
CAN YOU TELL ME THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT PARTICIPATED IN THIS YOUR ONLINE POLLS? ARE THEY UP TO 1 MILLION?Nigerians have been cheated again.

Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Cue(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
Dis is not politics.dis is simple math.u will say av come again, GEJ Polled 22,104,589 votes against Buhari's 12,023,992.The gap is therefore 10,080,597.Some people wey no pass math for school dey complain about votes from south east/south.GEJ's total votes from SE=4,985,246.SS(xcept ACN's Edo)=5,576,435.total GEJ for SE+SS=10,561,681.So assumin NOBODY from SE+SS voted GEJ,Buhari will lead him by only 481,084 votes!How on earth could buhari have won?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by spyder880(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
Anyone who thought the SE would not vote so massively for Goodluuck is a joker, for the first time we see a better candidate and you urge them to vote for a man who obviously dont regard them.
Better congratulate GJ and go to bed Buhari.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by londoner: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari had set the north up to react this way in the event he did not win, we all discussed this when he and Bakare began making utterings  even before the election took place.

My response from the last discussion about this,

@debosky, I am not taking this last statement from Buhari in isolation. This is one of a few that has subtly slipped from his mouth to his supporters.

Buhari is getting his supporters so riled up that they will take anything less than a win as an election which is deemed not free and fair.

There is a thing called the art of suggestion. You dont have to come out and make a statement in black and white in such cases.

He is basically making sure that if he does not win, his supporters will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan if he wins.

I am quite disappointed in Buhari actually, once again his ego seems to be getting in the way, just like that blast TV debate he refused to turn up to.

Even if he disagrees with the result, this is his opportunity to take the route set out by law.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Jakumo(m): 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
londoner:

Buhari had set the north up to react this way in the event he did not win, we all discussed this when he and Bakare began making utterings  even before the election took place.

I am quite disappointed in Buhari actually, once again his ego seems to be getting in the way, just like that blast TV debate he refused to turn up to.

Even if he disagrees with the result, this is his opportunity to take the route set out by law.

Scores of lives have been lost in recent weeks because 2011 election uber-LOSER Ayatollah Buhari knew all along that he would LOSE again, and that he would also stand ZERO chance of winning a court case protesting the results of Nigeria's freest and fairest EVER presidential election.

Buhari Bin Laden regards his paid "followers" as expendable cannon fodder,  who,  once primed with his fiery pre-election speeches threatening violence in the event of his INEVITABLE election defeat, swarm forth as the ragtag foot-soldiers of an absurd and DOOMED grab at power through street violence localized to the Muslim north of Nigeria.   

The barely-concealed evil that has lain deep in the heart of Ayatollah Buhari all his life now dictates his every genocidal course of action.  From his refusal to urge restraint in the wake of the concluded presidential election that he LOST, to his ridiculous claims of election fraud the instant his impending loss became evident, to his utter disregard for the lives of all who have been SLAUGHTERED for his demonic cause, Buhari demonstrates his kinship with the likes of Samuel Doe of Liberia, Idi Amin of Uganda and Pol Pot of Cambodia - blood-thirsty, sadistic butchers all.

The intelligence services of the civilized world would do well to examine the feasibility of terminating Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden with extreme prejudice, so as to eliminate him as a possible causative factor to disorder and ethnic strife in Nigeria, the world's 5th largest oil producer.  Such a pre-emptive cleansing exercise would go a long way to assuring long-term stability in the entire subregion.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by ektbear: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yes, they were rigged. But using an online opinion poll as supporting evidence is silly  undecided

Look instead at the purported very high turnout numbers for certain SS and SE states. . . despite people commenting about low turnout on the ground.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by dayokanu(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
I used to laugh at the below until I saw results from SS and SE

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak won the country's first contested presidential race, according to a preliminary count Thursday, an expected victory in a vote that was crucial to his claims of democratic reform but was marred by allegations of irregularities, AP reported.

Mubarak took 78 percent to 80 percent of Wednesday's polling and opposition candidate Ayman Nour took 12 percent — a respectable showing for a relative unknown and one that could propel him to greater political prominence

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-09/09/content_476421.htm
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Iraqi officials say President Saddam Hussein has won 100% backing in a referendum on whether he should rule for another seven years.
There were 11,445,638 eligible voters - and every one of them voted for the president, according to Izzat Ibrahim, Vice-Chairman of Iraq's Revolutionary Command Council.

Not a very serious day, not a very serious vote and nobody places any credibility on it

Ari Fleischer,
White House spokesman
The government insists the count was fair and accurate.

Saddam Hussein - who has ruled Iraq since 1979 - was the only candidate.

Voters had been urged to show their support for the Iraqi leader in defiance of the demands for military action against him from the US and Britain.

During polling, many voters trampled American flags and some signed their ballot-papers in their own blood in a display of loyalty to their leader.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/2331951.stm
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
so accepting rigged elections is not silly?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Gbawe: 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

so accepting rigged elections is not silly?

Do you honestly think that Buhari defeated GEJ? Dude , this is not do or die. Give it up . GEJ won convincingly. Nigerians have spoken . Let us all respect that and move on . This election can be conducted 10 times and the outcome will still be the same .  My own mum and dad voted for GEJ despite my efforts to convince them to do otherwise. The North has a big problem with how many now totally resent their "born to rule" mentality that has seen them in power for so long yet even their "born to rule" region happens to be the most underdeveloped in Nigeria. The "give others a chance" agitations , on the ground , is much more powerful than some of us realised . Many non-Northern Nigerians subscribed to this "give others a chance" agitation totally. No point remaining  a sore loser . GEJ won. Buhari tried but this is the end of the road.

I personally think GEJ will have it tough from this point on , unless he wants to sincerely commit to leading Nigeria effectively , especially if many PDP Governors are thrown out on Saturday. We can at least be honest with ourselves , as fair men and women, by admitting that GEJ won. Rigging cannot be reduced to zero overnight but , as a Nigerian , I can say GEJ has done well , even if because he had no choice , by conducting elections that redeems some of our pride, prestige and reputation while OBJ made us a laughing stock of the entire world. Finally , I can tell some holier-than-thou non-Nigerians (like Kenyans) to fa.ck off and go and mind their own elections instead of proclaiming Nigerians to be examples of everything bad under the Sun  grin grin grin

Now , the guber elections , barring any aberration, should be free and fair . If that is the case , then Nigerians should not complain. We should move on and appreciate what we have gained overall rather than linger selfishly on how our "messiah" did not win.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Mariory(m): 10:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
Cue:

Dis is not politics.dis is simple math.u will say av come again, GEJ Polled 22,104,589 votes against Buhari's 12,023,992.The gap is therefore 10,080,597.Some people wey no pass math for school dey complain about votes from south east/south.GEJ's total votes from SE=4,985,246.SS(xcept ACN's Edo)=5,576,435.total GEJ for SE+SS=10,561,681.So assumin NOBODY from SE+SS voted GEJ,Buhari will lead him by only 481,084 votes!How on earth could buhari have won?

Don't mind the clowns. Let them keep fooling themselves. As a Ribadu supporter I can categorically hold my hands up and say he (Ribadu) was trashed. Even in the SW that was supposed to be his power base. GEJ is definitely the people's choice for better or for worse.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Gbawe: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mariory:

Don't mind the clowns. Let them keep fooling themselves. As a Ribadu supporter I can categorically hold my hands up and say he (Ribadu) was trashed. Even in the SW that was supposed to be his power base. GEJ is definitely the people's choice for better or for worse.

Simple. I am a Ribadu fan also but it is obvious that majority of Nigerians want GEJ . A lot of good has come out of this as well. The ludicrous cheating we saw in 2007 is absent so far . Nigerians can now also join the ranks of Africans who can claim they are moving towards representative democracies . GEJ is definitely to be congratulated by all right thinking Nigerians who understand the big picture . Some of us remain unconvinced he will have a successful tenure but we should all graciously accept that he won fair and square. those who built Buhari into what he was not may have a problem accepting GEJ's win but some of us who come from families full of good folks have no problem seeing , from how our relatives voted , that GEJ managed to appeal to everyone better than Buhari and Ribadu did .
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by naijaking1: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
If you're sore looser, please raise your right hand grin
If your like sour grapes, please raise your left hand cool
If you want to hang because Buhari lost, please raise both hands angry angry angry angry
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by ektbear: 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
Gbawe, he won, yes. But he padded his margin of victory substantially. You don't care about this? You don't see it as wrong? As rigging? 80%+ turnout in a place where people are saying turnout is low?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by omanzo02: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
@GenBuhari,

Please leave us the fvck alone, people want to engage in a logical and intelligent discussion and not your delusional  sh.it.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
If the SW nation gave much thought for this election, you'd have seen the likes of Tinubu/Obj protesting.

The election would have been debated in court right.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Mariory(m): 11:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If the SW nation gave much thought for this election, you'd have seen the likes of Tinubu/Obj protesting.

The election would have been debated in court right.

Huh? What does that mean?

ekt_bear:

Gbawe, he won, yes. But he padded his margin of victory substantially. You don't care about this? You don't see it as wrong? As rigging? 80%+ turnout in a place where people are saying turnout is low?

Where did you hear turnout was low? I heard turn out in places like Cross River was very high.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Gbawe: 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Man mi , I have always seen you as moderate and calm but you suddenly seem unduly agitated and I really don't know why. As an intelligent person you will probably realise that GEJ won convincingly . He won easily also. Perhaps the problem is that some of us are not comfortable being proven wrong by the wide margin GEJ established over Buhari.  

My opinion is that rigging will not disappear overnight in Nigeria . I also think that GEJ is not averse to rigging or giving himself undue advantages . Nonetheless , he should be praised for how he refrained from the uncouth rigging seen in the past even if only because of the realisation that , for many reasons , he cannot get away with rigging as others before him have done . I can only ask folks to go to court if they are unhappy . I am sorry that I cannot join any pious agitation of how GEJ "cheated" when as a well-educated person , with decent research skills , I was able to use my own family and the family of close friends , from the SW region, as a sample ratio to establish that Jonathan has far more support than Buhari even if , personally , I did not want that to be the case .  Rigging should be challenged in Court . I remain firm on that but I also remain convinced , beyond doubt , that Jonathan won convincingly .
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Genius100: 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

How can reliabe online polls on nairaland consistently give Buhari more than double the votes of GEJ, yet election results give GEJ double  of Buhari's votes.

You cannot get this level of discrepancy from sampling error alone.

Buhari is the president in my eyes

Chief, if you can delete this thread, please do so, because you are coming across as a stark illiterate. Have you ever heard of "sampling error"? Please google it and cure your ignorance. Like someone said, Nigeria dey for Africa, Internet dey for air. I suggest you start an internet protest to go with your internet poll. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by ektbear: 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mariory:

Where did you hear turnout was low? I heard turn out in places like Cross River was very high.
See for Imo: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690538-146/story.csp
Then read this post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648868.64.html#msg8151346

Gbawe:

Man mi , I have always seen you as moderate and calm but you suddenly seem unduly agitated and I really don't know why. As an intelligent person you will probably realise that GEJ won convincingly . He won easily also. Perhaps the problem is that some of us are not comfortable being proven wrong by the wide margin GEJ established over Buhari.  

My opinion is that rigging will not disappear overnight in Nigeria . I also think that GEJ is not averse to rigging or giving himself undue advantages . Nonetheless , he should be praised for how he refrained from the uncouth rigging seen in the past even if only because of the realisation that , for many reasons , he cannot get away with rigging as others before him have done . I can only ask folks to go to court if they are unhappy . I am sorry that I cannot join any pious agitation of how GEJ "cheated" when as a well-educated person , with decent research skills , I was able to use my own family and the family of close friends , from the SW region, as a sample ratio to establish that Jonathan has far more support than Buhari even if , personally , I did not want that to be the case .  Rigging should be challenged in Court . I remain firm on that but I also remain convinced , beyond doubt , that Jonathan won convincingly .
So in other words, the 4 or 5 million+ extra votes he gave himself in the SS and SE to you seem unavoidable, just part of the ordinary state of affairs? Yes, I agree, it wouldn't have changed the final outcome, only the margin of victory. But a guy giving himself 80% turnout when the reality on the ground was more like 50 or 60% should be a big cause for concern, in my opinion.

In any case, I would suggest that your own party (ACN) learn from this and think very well about how they'll secure 80%+ turnout when their own candidate is running in 4 years time. This is generally a difficult task to do in most elections and most countries where voting isn't compulsory. . . unless one has access to lots of fake ballots.

Anyway, I've said my own piece. . . I'll leave it at that. Plan now, or you'll be bitten in the @ss in 4 year's time when he uses this same rigging strategy.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Genius100: 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
Let me help you out of this embarrassing display of ignorance,

http://www.experiment-resources.com/sampling-error.html

Do you know that polls that were conducted on other internet forum like Cybereagles had Ribadu as the winner? Is that evidence that Ribadu should have won? How can you rely on internet polling when the majority of the voters do not have access to the internet? Your online  sampling is restricted to a socio-economic class which is in the minority in Nigeria. Don't worry about the tuition fees,
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by muami(m): 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
[
b]Jonathan clears polls in Anambra[/b]
As expected, President Goodluck Jonathan swept more than 98 per cent of the total valid votes cast in Anambra State.
According to the result of the election announced in the early hours of yesterday by the State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Prof. Chukwuemeka Onukaogu, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) polled 1, 145, 169 votes out of the 1, 157, 339 valid votes, leaving the other parties with 12, 170 votes. General Muhammadu Buhari’s Congress for Progressive Change (CPC)
(SUN NEWSPAPERS)

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/18/national-18-04-2011-003.htm
Anybody who says the margin GEJ gave his opponents in the SE and SS is high was living in a dreamland in the build up to the election. CPC does not have even one councillor in the SE+SS,most of the states there are governed by PDP and yet Buhari did not do any significant campaign there. Even Buhari knew there was no way he was going to get anything reasonable from these place which was why he was looking ahead for a runoff with the hope that he would win majority votes through Northern votes. Truth is: Buhari lost not because the results from SE and SS were different from what he expected but because he did not win the Northern votes as he expected.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by EzeUche2(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
muami:

[Anybody who says the margin GEJ gave his opponents in the SE and SS is high was living in a dreamland in the build up to the election. CPC does not have even one councillor in the SE+SS,most of the states there are governed by PDP and yet Buhari did not do any significant campaign there. Even Buhari knew there was no way he was going to get anything reasonable from these place which was why he was looking ahead for a runoff with the hope that he would win majority votes through Northern votes. Truth is: Buhari lost not because the results from SE and SS were different from what he expected but because he did not win the Northern votes as he expected.

Exactly! Who do people think the SE or SS was going to vote for? Ribadu? No. . . Buhari. . . Helll no.

The numbers represent the disdain that Igbos and the Niger Delta have for the North. It clearly shows our stance concerning Nigeria. Anyone but a Northerner.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Gbawe: 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

So in other words, the 4 or 5 million+ extra votes he gave himself in the SS and SE to you seem unavoidable, just part of the ordinary state of affairs? Yes, I agree, it wouldn't have changed the final outcome, only the margin of victory. But a guy giving himself 80% turnout when the reality on the ground was more like 50 or 60% should be a big cause for concern, in my opinion.

In any case, I would suggest that your own party (ACN) learn from this and think very well about how they'll secure 80%+ turnout when their own candidate is running in 4 years time. This is generally a difficult task to do in most elections and most countries where voting isn't compulsory. . . unless one has access to lots of fake ballots.

Anyway, I've said my own piece. . . I'll leave it at that. Plan now, or you'll be bitten in the @ss in 4 year's time when he uses this same rigging strategy.

Have I not said folks should challenge issues in Court? I cannot sanction violence or ad hoc  disregard of the law just because a case is made for election rigging. INEC has announced official results. Those of us not new to politics know what the ACN achieved , through the legal system, with how they patiently persevered with the legal appeal system before justice was secured . I do not doubt that rigging took place but I do not doubt that GEJ won convincingly either.  I always predicted we would see violence because some will be unwilling to accept that they are on the losing side but I can't see what we are debating here when the Court , rather than lynch mobs , should be the body everyone accepts as the lawful arbitrator in regards to issues of electoral malpractice.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by aloyemeka2: 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by EzeUche2(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
aloy-emeka:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-mD32S2D4rRI/TatMYs5aV7I/AAAAAAAACQg/vC9I7V48tAw/s400/206729_10150218319278488_119586108487_8602050_5222693_n.jpg[/img]
Nwanne is officially in charge

Ha ha ha!

We did it. Igbos played their cards right this time. We got an Igbo man into the presidency through the back door. If anyone knows Jonathan's birthplace, they would know that the Igbos and Ijaws of that area are very mixed.

Jonathan of course has Igbo blood in his veins. I even believe he is a descendant of Arochukwu. God bless Jonathan! cool
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari won these elections pure and simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Press Into Phone Hacking? / Do not allow the 20 Fuel Protestors Death to be in vain !! / Babangida : The Evil Genius / Fool / Genocidal Kleptomaniac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.