Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,078 members, 7,867,092 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? (3851 Views)

If The Elections Were To Be Reconducted Today, Who Would You Vote For? / Northernization Agenda: How NLC Elections Were Rigged / Nba Elections Were Rigged: Lawyers' Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by kasiem(m): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
@op,
why dont u go with Ipsos poll, rather the much manipulated on nairaland? Did u think that after using ur ruse of coming different usernames it'll pay out 4 u? Sorry, u can still take to suicide
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
How do you know who the child voters voted for?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by squino(m): 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
how many old and young people in the rural areas that voted Gej have  knowledge of internet or online polls?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nairaland polls were manipulated?  shocked

By Seun shocked ?

Seun was supporting GEJ if u did not know.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by 2mch(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
It is the collective duty of all Nigerians to protest. GEJ or not. PDP must learn that we will not accommodate rigging. Today we are happy? When they cheat us out of a good candidate tomorrow, we will scream foul. By then we will have lost all credibility! And will continue to have terrible leaders forced on us. If you cannot stand for the truth and defend democracy, then you and your generations are in trouble. If GEJ is going to win, he must win fairly.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^ Amen
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Kilode1: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

To say that there is internet propaganda for Buhari is ridiculous.
GEJ had an army of agents on the internet trying to spread lies against Buhari yet the polls showed massive leads for Buhari.

Any way you look at it the Internet polls are a far truer reflections of how Nigerians voted, than these rigged elections results

@tollu
I am very much informed and I have an irrefutable argument for my stance
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-585935.0.html

Several reliable online polls have shown Buhari has a massive lead  more than double the votes for GEJ.

To say that Nigerians do not have access to Internet is a weak counter-argument - so who voted online then ? Canadians?

Sad thing is that some BB supporters seem to have bought into the media propagands that the electiosn were credible and have forgotten what the online polls are saying.

Also Nigerians seem to have forgotten that the media have been well bribed  to deceive Nigerians and say htat  the rigged elections were credible

Note: I do not see this election as free and Fair. I've been calling it a farce since the April 9th election. I still stand by that. But your use of online polls as evidence is, I'm sorry, statistically unacceptable.

My bro, I have tried to explain as much as I can. I will rather use other people's words now:

"Sampling bias: Sampling bias is systematic error due to a non-random sample of a population, causing some members of the population to be less likely to be included than others, resulting in a biased sample, defined as a statistical sample of a population (or non-human factors) in which all participants are not equally balanced or objectively represented.

It is mostly classified as a subtype of selection bias, sometimes specifically termed sample selection bias,  but some classify it as a separate type of bias."

Read this also: http://4h.uwex.edu/evaluation/documents/Whatissamplingbias.pdf
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Mariory(m): 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
2mch:

It is the collective duty of all Nigerians to protest. GEJ or not.

How can all Nigerians protest when majority of Nigerians voted for GEJ?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nigerians love PDP.

Did I say we get the leaders we deserve?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Mariory,

Majority of Nigerians voted Buhari

That is excatly reason Nigerians need to protest.

Mariory:

How can all Nigerians protest when majority of Nigerians voted for GEJ?

Nobody has explained why all credible online polls show Buhari with masive leads and then election gives GEJ massive win?

Why are we not outraged by this?

@Kilode?!
I challenge anyone to explain to me why online polls cannot represent the views of Nigerians
Can a computer be bribed?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by tollu: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
@GenBuhari
Look at Kilode's last post for an obvious education on sampling bias.
I'm not saying that Canadians paricipated in the online polls, I'm saying a tiny tiny tiny proportion of Nigerians did.
And as Kilode has also said the tiny that actually go online are a tiny tiny part of the enlightened few who do not bother with ethnic colourings.
Even my educated father is against Buhari's candidacy. His reason, the northerners have enjoyed it for too long let another set of people taste it. Same with a whole lot of people in his age bracket. How much more the uneducated?

Come on, this is obvious. You cannot use online polls as a tool for measuring Buhari's popularity. Now I'm not good with arguments and shoit so I'd give it a rest now.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Mariory(m): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

@Mariory,

Majority of Nigerians voted Buhari

That is excatly reason Nigerians need to protest.

Nobody has explained why all credible online polls show Buhari with masive leads and then election gives  GEJ massive win?

Why are we not outraged by this?

Keep fooling yourself.

Why are there only riots in parts of the North? Not a single murmour from the South. No kind of support in the middle belt for any protest for Allatoyah Buhari. The only way Buhari will lead is if he is ruler of a nothern section that has separated from the South.

Keep fooling yourself.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by tollu: 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
Online polls cannot represent the views of Nigerians because the sample you have is flawed.
There was sophisticated rigging yes but forget all this talk about online polls, it makes you sound funny.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
@tollu,Which is more reliable?

An online poll of a 1000 people or published elections results of elections where massive rigging has occured?

please answer me.

You are a PDP supporter so I expect you to agree with the results
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
How is an online pool on Nairaland synonymous with electorate on the ground.

Buhari was only popular on nairaland and in the North IMO

now please do tell how you could win with that  grin
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Igwe9(m): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Which online poll, the one that was not up to the total votes in one of the local governments in any of the states.
Don't you ask yourself if your father in the village voted on the online poll?
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sophisticated rigging did occur so much so that it has quietened most of my BB comrades , who unfortunately has not realised how the rigging occurred.

Nigerians has been cheated of good governance.

I am most disappointed in my BB comerades for their lack of outrage at this injustice.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
I tire oh!!!
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Bawss1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Apart from my suspicion that mischief is at the heart of this thread I can see that it is a classic example of certain kinds of fallacies and false logic. Here are a few

Gambler's fallacy: the incorrect belief that separate, independent events can affect the likelihood of another random event; T[i]he OP's claim that the online polls had a direct bearing on the real elections[/i]

Kettle logic: using multiple inconsistent arguments to defend a position

Appeal to spite: a specific type of appeal to emotion where an argument is made through exploiting people's bitterness or spite towards an opposing party. The OP's calls of protest

Please help me identify more fallacies here.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by presido1: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

Sophisticated rigging did occur so much so that it has quietened most of my BB comrades , who unfortunately has not realised how the rigging occurred.

Nigerians has been cheated of good governance.

I am most disappointed in my BB comerades for their lack of outrage at this injustice.
People in South are still Nigerians why are they not burnning things and killing people.  Are they not cheated as well if your case is the true reflection of things.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Bawss1(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
By the way, for this grave allegations of rigging something more convincing should be presented as evidence not just hearsay and suspicion . I'm talking pictures of riggers, rigged ballot papers, etc
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Jakumo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hey, Ghenital Buhari, you horrid,  miserable little weasel, isn't it about time you just shut the phuck up and put an end to your obvious misery ?

Feel that pain DEEP in your heart, and let it consume you, realizing that you are a victim of your own delusions and rage.  When you reach that stage you are ready for suicide.  A painless way to go would be for you to steal a car, connect a common garden hose to the exhaust pipe, and pass that pipe through a crack in a wound-up window,  into the vehicle.  

Next, sit inside the car, wind up all the other windows, insert a tape of your favourite religious chants about killing infidels, and start the engine.   As the carbon monoxide fills the car, you will start to feel very sleepy.  That is the beginning of your long overdue journey to oblivion.  Allow the sleepiness to wash over you, and, as you fade into eternal nothingness, chant the following words till you fall silent :

"I hate democracy.   I hate freedom.  I hate Nigeria.   I hate myself.   I hate elections.  I hate infidels ".

Your mortal remains will be collected by city dump trucks, along with others who share your impotent rage and frustration, and dumped into a waiting hole excavated by bulldozers.   Have a pleasant voyage.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by tollu: 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
@GenBuhari, don't bend over too far lest you expose your behind. Me, a PDP supporter? And to think we actually acknowledged each other on at least two threads. O mase o

All I'm saying is your argument is of the Ad Verecundium variety.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari, dont base your suspicion on NL polls.

Nlers create multiple IDs to vote multiple times.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by naso2(m): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
tollu:

@GenBuhari, don't bend over too far lest you expose your behind. Me, a PDP supporter? And to think we actually acknowledged each other on at least two threads. O mase o

All I'm saying is your argument is of the Ad Verecundium variety.

you wan kill mallam? abeg explain to the aboki. grin grin grin
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Kilode1: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

@Kilode?!
I challenge anyone to explain to me why online polls cannot represent the views of Nigerians
Can a computer be bribed?

GenBuhari, calm down you are not alone in questioning this farce of an election, did you check my reply and the link in it?

You are making the right argument in a wrong way. I have disagreed with colleagues, relatives and friends over belief the popular belief that this election was free and fair but not with online polls.

You can use the following:
The number of registered voters compared to the number of voters

PDP access to federal money

PDP access to federal police and army

FG appointing and paying INEC commissioners

The funnily large turnout rates in some states

Intimidation of opposition candidates

Extra judicial detention of opposition candidates

Confusing and Conflicting announcements from the Nigerian Police and INEC

The Lack of fair and equal access to public media(NTA ,Radio Nigeria ETC)

Even I condemned the declared public holiday because it meant fewer eyes will see those who are using official means and facilities to perpetrate rigging.

These and more are points that you can use GenBuhari. . .

But Online polls? Nairaland Polls? Hell nah! not Tenable.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
How can reliabe online polls on nairaland consistently give Buhari more than double the votes of GEJ, yet election results give GEJ double  of Buhari's votes.

You cannot get this level of discrepancy from sampling error alone.

Buhari is the president in my eyes
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Jakumo(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hey I have an idea, Ghenital Buggari. Why not try and sue this website for turning you into a raving loony ?

Certainly, you are bound to LOSE such a ridiculous suit, but at least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are in fact a BORN LOSER, just like your brain-dead Ayatollah who just racked up his 17th consecutive electoral LOSS.

The show MUST go on. Please don't let us down.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Mariory(m): 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
Jakumo:

Hey I have an idea, Ghenital Buggari. Why not try and sue this website for turning you into a raving loony ?

ROFL. grin
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is problem with Nigerian we are too calm  angry

We get trodden on by our politicians because they know we would be calm.

Why are BB supporters like yourself so accepting of these results when you all know these elections we not free and fair ?

Where is the thread you created to protest this injustice?

Instead you are here trying to undermine my argument instead of supporting it  suplementing it with your own examples.

Did we BB supporters really expect the PDP to hand over power without us not having to fight for it?

My friend the fight must go on!

We must now support Buhari in court. We need to reject these elections and have a re-run.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
I would be a raving loony, if I were to sit back and accept rigged elections and delude myself that Iam living in a democracy.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Jakumo(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
You have the stage, buddy.  Shriek and holler to your heart's content.  We are all ears, and we promise not to laugh until the show is officially over.

Also, could you please oblige us by posting at least 50 more videos that nobody can be bothered to watch. I like that red color, it reminds me of blood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babangida : The Evil Genius / Fool / Genocidal Kleptomaniac / We Are Headed For A Run Off...you Heard It Here First / See What I Saw On Facebook About Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.