Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli (64128 Views)

Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Itsekiri's Olu Tussle: Oyowoli Emiko Takes Omo-Oba Tsola Emiko To Court / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by sisisioge: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
diplomat058:
the Itsekiris are a Yoruba subgroup. What they have in common with the mainstream yoruba transcends affiliation; they are bonded by BLOOD! You can meet any informed Itsekiri person to explain more to you. They are a part of the Ijebu subgroup that migrated to the present delta region. Unlike the Anions, however, they do not deny their yoruba ancestry or seek for a breakway identity. Why do you think the Itsekiris vehemently resisted efforts to create a midwestern region and separate them from their Western kinsmen in 1963 until they gave in to a refredum?

This explanation makes sense cos their names are very similar to Yoruba names. In fact, they have nicer versions of the Yoriba names.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by sisisioge: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
IgboWarlord:
Itieyinoritsetsola

Which kind name be dis one?..

Its actually beautiful...wait until a true native pronounce the name for you. They have many beautiful sounding names.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Ten06(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
I'm waiting for Ayeri announcement
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by breko(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
pinkygurl:

A simple google search of kingdom of warri should help.
The OLU remains ruler of ITSEKIRI LANDS OF WARRI.
thats where his soverignity begins & end.
He is not the king of EFFURUN IN WARRI.An urhobo land.
The king of EFFURUN IN WARRI for example, is callled OVIE .
effurun na part of warri?��

2 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Awoleesu(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
Blue blood...

CONGRATULATIONS Sonnie!
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Neddyogu(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
Realhommie:
But how can you think the whole of Warri belong to the Itsekiris? Coz by implication that's exactly what you're saying..

Or do you not know that in Warri you also have the Urhobos and the Ijaws? Are these tribes under the control of the Olu?

Whatever federal gazette you talk about is all politics, not even the Olu will attempt to trespass. They all know their boundaries.

Where d'you imagine is Warri? know that Uvwie, udu, Ogbe-ijo, etc are not actually warri o. It's just that development has made people address those neighboring communities as part of warri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by pinkygurl(f): 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Neddyogu:

Warri is Itsekiri domain, hence Olu of Warri is the Paramount ruler of Warri and the Itsekiri since the days of Dore Numa, Ginuwa and Nana.

AGBARHA & OKERE URHOBO;are they ITSEKIRI DOMAINS? or proudly urhobo ovuovo domains.
Agbarha comprises of seven patriarch towns of otovwodo-agbarha in warri;igbudu in warri;Edjeba in warri;Okurode,Ogunu,Oteghele and Ukpokiti.Those are urhobo domains subject to OVIE urhobo king.Agbarha and Okere-urhobo of warri.
Not to mention OGBE-IJOH (if spelling is correct);GBARANMATU,ISABA to mention but a few.IS THAT AN ITSEKIRI DOMAIN?
are they not located in Warri?
Some urhobo communities in warri south!
1.idimi sobo
2.agbassa
3.edjeba
4.okere-urhobo
5.ogunu
Warri has an itsekiri domain;urhobo domain & IJaw domain all ruled by three kings whatever their effing titles may be.
OLU OF WARRI does not king over Agbarha,Okere Urhobo or urhobo owned lands of Warri. Just as king of Ijaws does not king over itsekiri owned lands of warri. Any trespass would result in another warri crises replay

Warri belongs to itsekiris;urhobos & ijaws.
Itsekiris;urhobos & Ijaws all have oil.3 indigenous people;3 different tribes,3 different languages.3 different people subject to 3 different kings & they all know their boundaries. If anybody trespasses his boundary,it would be another Warri crises replay.
NEXT TIME ASK WHY YOUR PROMINENT ISTEKIRI KING & CHIEFS WITH THEIR VERY PROMINENT TITLES CANNOT KING OR CHIEF OVER URHOBO OR IJAW OIL WELLS OF WARRI OR THEIR COMMUNIITIES
https://www.nairaland.com/2148799/warri-urhobos-itsekiris-ijaws-facts

http://www.waado.org/CulturalSubunits/AgbarhaAme/WarriEthnicProblems/AgbarhaReactionToFederalization.htm

http://www.waado.org/CulturalSubunits/AgbarhaAme/WarriEthnicProblems/AgbarhaReactionToFederalization.htm

http://www.waado.org/CulturalUnits/Okpe/sapele_lands/WACA_judgement.html

http://www.waado.org/CulturalUnits/Okpe/sapele_lands/jackson_judgement.htm

8 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Royruky(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by OgwuEgo: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
His resume is impressive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by pinkygurl(f): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
breko:
effurun na part of warri?��
NO.EFFURUN NA PART OF LAGOS .JUST BOARD AGOFURE BUS
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Neddyogu(m): 8:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
pinkygurl:

Are EFFURUN & UVWIE & UGBORIKOKO with the prestigious UGBORIKOKO Secondary school.are they ITSEKIRI DOMAINS? or proudly urhobo ovuovo domains
Not to mention OGBI IJAW (if spelling is correct) to mention but a few.IS THAT AN ITSEKIRI DOMAIN?
are they not located in Warri?

Effurun is not warri. effurun is in uvwie local government area. the proximity of these communities to warri makes people call all these areas as warri. I was born and raised in warri so I know what I am telling u. Ugborikoko, airport junction, Ekpan, Jakpa and Co are in uvwie. Ogbe-ijo is technically part of warri kingdom but centuries of interaction with their Ijaw visitors due to shared fishing occupation has given the ijaw a claim to the area ( there was a bloody clash around 1999 to carve out Warri SW LGA) According to some, the urhobos were more of traders of palm oil who were middle men for the itsrkiri and those they traded with on the Benin river especially the Portuguese. Many of the places u refer to as Warri are technically not warri. Very soon some one would say Osubi or Okuokoko is also warri.

PS: How does Ugborikoko sec sch qualify as a prestigious school? What would u then call FGCW? Ugborikoko sec school na tout school abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Realhommie(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
Neddyogu:

Where d'you imagine is Warri? know that Uvwie, udu, Ogbe-ijo, etc are not actually warri o. It's just that development has made people address those neighboring communities as part of warri.
Udu is not Warri. Uvwie is not Warri. But Ogbe-Ijaw is under one of the 3 LG's of Warri. In Warri main town there's so much boundaries between the Itsekiris and Urhobos, this is common knowledge. Even when the Urhobos didn't have a King the Itsekiris could never trespass, like i said earlier they all know their boundaries.

The Urhobos in Warri are descendants of Agbarha kingdom in Ughelli hence the name Agbasa, that's their ancestral home. Even there at the Olus palace, at the other side of the road you have the Urhobos hence you have Ekurede-Itsekiri and Ekurede-Urhobo.

Warri houses all 3 tribes you already know so it is not proper saying "Olu of Warri".

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by gnykelly(m): 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
Benwallt:
See name. These ppl are pancaked Yoruba clan just some modifications in their names and language. The new one too young. 36

They are not denying our brotherhood. They're just like the ijebus. Their language is slightly modified .

2 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by pinkygurl(f): 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
Neddyogu:

Effurun is not warri. effurun is in uvwie local government area. the proximity of these communities to warri makes people call all these areas as warri. I was born and raised in warri so I know what I am telling u. Ugborikoko, airport junction, Ekpan, Jakpa and Co are in uvwie. Ogbe-ijo is technically part of warri kingdom but centuries of interaction with their Ijaw visitors due to shared fishing occupation has given the ijaw a claim to the area ( there was a bloody clash around 1999 to carve out Warri SW LGA) According to some, the urhobos were more of traders of palm oil who were middle men for the itsrkiri and those they traded with on the Benin river especially the Portuguese. Many of the places u refer to as Warri are technically not warri. Very soon some one would say Osubi or Okuokoko is also warri.

PS: How does Ugborikoko sec sch qualify as a prestigious school? What would u then call FGCW? Ugborikoko sec school na tout school abeg.
Uvwie,okpe,Ekpan, udu are technically not the original warri.but have all grown into and integrated into the metropolitan city called warri.
In Geography,warri is a modern example of a conglomerate city/town.
With three indigenous people and cultures and borders growing towards each other & integrated into a larger metropolitan city.If one is travelling to uvwie for example,or udu, one would say he is travelling to warri. Or he lives in uvwie or udu in warri.
So l listen to traditional titles to know what part of today's warri they are talking about.
If l hear OLU an itsekiri title for king, l subconciouslly know they are talking of the traditional ruler of itsekiri lands in today's warri or waff town
And as for your claim of IJaws laying claim to some itsekiri lands & itsekiris accusing ijaws of laying claim to some ijaw lands or urhobo accusing ijaws of laying claims to some of their lands.
I was not there with their ancestors to really know who is lyeing.we do not want more replays of warri crises
An itsekiri would tell you ijaw stole some of their lands .l dont know who is lyeing.e nor concern me.ma papa nor be the king of any part in today's warri or wafftown
P.S. if the prestigious ugborikoko school na tout school.what do you call urhobo college then?

3 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Ovis1302(m): 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2021
JohnSin97:

There's only one king in warri, and that is the Olu of Warri
Why are you spreading FALSEHOOD?
We have 3 tribes in Warri Metropolis: Ijaws, Itsekiris and the Urhobos.
And all the 3 tribes have their Royal Fathers.
The Urhobos have 2 Kings in Warri.
The Ovie of Agbarha-Warri and the Orosuen of Okere-Urhobo.
The Ijaws have Pere of Ogbe-Ijaw.
The Itsekiris have the Olu of Warri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by IVORY2009(m): 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
[quote author=Destrok9 post=100517772]Base on my intellectual capacity and my vast knowledge, tactically and tentatively, right from the beginning of times especially in the light of Ecclesiastes evolution I have come to a concrete definite and profound conclusion that I actuallyhave nothing to say[/quote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by emmyN(m): 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Ayiri never wanted the boy to succeed, the Oracle even picked him before Ayiri played politics and brought his uncle in, that was why the uncle didn't last on the throne.

No one is presented before the oracle unless they meet the criteria of the mother being Itsekiri or Edo by tribe. And no oracle picked Tsola after the demise of Atuwatse II

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Benwallt(m): 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
diplomat058:
the Itsekiris are a Yoruba subgroup. What they have in common with the mainstream yoruba transcends affiliation; they are bonded by BLOOD! You can meet any informed Itsekiri person to explain more to you. They are a part of the Ijebu subgroup that migrated to the present delta region. Unlike the Anions, however, they do not deny their yoruba ancestry or seek for a breakway identity. Why do you think the Itsekiris vehemently resisted efforts to create a midwestern region and separate them from their Western kinsmen in 1963 until they gave in to a refredum?
I must commend the effulgence of your piece devoid of tantrums and straight to the point. I have lots of students from that side n when they speak I easily pick lots of words from their conversation. Their case will be critical though should Nigeria divide, by extension the whole Delta case will be critical. The state is a microsm of amalgamation. I know they are sub-yoruba but the fact that they are not in the mainstream informed my opinion of them not being Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Olu317(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
poeticsoldier:
Congratulations to the young prince and incoming king.On a lighter mood their names are always breath taking.Person wey get asthma fit faint when pronouncing their names.
T he name is not breathtaking. Ignorance lot like strangers like you and others find it hard to believe Yoruba encompass part of Niger Delta.
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Ijawblooded: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
RIP plus of Itsekiri
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Neddyogu(m): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
pinkygurl:

Uvwie,okpe,Ekpan, udu are technically not the original warri.but have all grown into and integrated into the metropolitan city called warri.
In Geography,warri is a modern example of a conglomerate city/town.
With three indigenous people and cultures and borders growing towards each other & integrated.If one is travelling to uvwie for example,or udu, one would say he is travelling to warri. Or he lives in uvwie or udu in warri.
So l listen to traditional titles to know what part of today's warri they are talking about.
If l hear OLU an itsekiri title for king, l subconciouslly know they are talking of the traditional ruler of itsekiri lands in today's warri or waff town
And as for your claim of IJaws laying claim to some itsekiri lands & itsekiris accusing ijaws of laying claim to some ijaw lands or urhobo accusing ijaws of laying claims to some of their lands.
I was not there with their ancestors to really know who is lyeing.we do not want more replays of warri crises
An itsekiri would tell you ijaw stole some of their lands .l dont know who is lyeing.e nor concern me.ma papa nor be the king of any part in today's warri or wafftown
P.S. if the prestigious ugborikoko school na tout school.what do you call urhobo college then?

Now u're getting the picture. As far as the traditional title is concerned, it refers to the geographical area traditionally known as Warri not surrounding settlements. I'm sorry if u are affiliated with Ugborikoko school but it's not near prestigious. Urhobo college stands higher just that they have turned it to hoodlum training ground.
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Okoroawusa: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Olu of Warri wey dem crown the other day don die?
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by ogbonti: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Realhommie:
But how can you think the whole of Warri belong to the Itsekiris? Coz by implication that's exactly what you're saying..

Or do you not know that in Warri you also have the Urhobos and the Ijaws? Are these tribes under the control of the Olu?

Whatever federal gazette you talk about is all politics, not even the Olu will attempt to trespass. They all know their boundaries.

you can go argue with your supreme court of Nigeria I didn’t make the judgement they did so you are picking a fight with the wrong person grin

2 Likes

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by pinkygurl(f): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
Neddyogu:

Now u're getting the picture. As far as the traditional title is concerned, it refers to the geographical area traditionally known as Warri not surrounding settlements. I'm sorry if u are affiliated with Ugborikoko school but it's not near prestigious. Urhobo college stands higher just that they have turned it to hoodlum training ground.
Modern day Warri is made up of three local government areas; Warri South LGA which is dominated by the Urhobos of Okere and Agbassa and the Itsekiris, Warri South West which is dominated by Ijaws and Itsekiris and Warri North which is mainly dominated by the Itsekiris with Ijaws as well.
The ijaws,urhobos & itsekiris of warri all have different traditional rulers with trsditional titles in today's traditional warri.
The name "Warri" was coined by a Portuguese explorer and has no origin with the Itsekiri titular name of "Iwere". This is a historical fact.

- In pre-colonial and colonial times, there was a marked division of territory in Warri. The Ijaws occupied the islands and shores in the Warri South West Axis, the Itsekiris occupied the islands and mainlands close to the coastal areas in Warri South and North while the Urhobos occupied the hinterland with the exception of Okere-Urhobo and Agbassa urhobo who occupied coastal regions

P.S. ugborikoko school is still a prestigious school.dont know about don donmigos or.urhibo college
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by emmyN(m): 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
diplomat058:

I don't understand. Are they fugitives?
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by ogbonti: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
pinkygurl:

You are right-IF the supreme court of judgement and Nigerian Federal gazette upholds any title for a king ruling over ITSEKIRI OWNED LANDS ONLY OF WARRI.
THE truth remains for ignoramus like you,that if the title is useful for kinging over Itsekiri lands of warri only,THEN HE CAN EVEN UPGRADE & COPYRIGHT THE TITLE TO SUPREME MESSIAH OF WARRI.
we all know be he SUPREME MESSIAH OF WARRI;or he prefers title SUPREME LORD OF WARRI or he prefers title OLU of warri or he prefers title BOSS KING OF WARRI or he prefers title ONLY BREATHING KING OF WARRI or he prefers title ONLY KING IN WARRI or he prefers title TBOSS OF WARRI or he prefers title KING OF WARRI or he prefers title ONLY SWAG KING OF WARRI
He remains relevant only in Itsekiri owned lands of Warri. & you can migrate to an itsekiri land of warri so u can effing bow to him
then you can go Keel yourself and STFU & GO TO HELL.
Cos the Urhobos and ljaws of WARRI dont give a f * * k about the king of the Itsekiris ruling over itsekiri lands .whatever his title might be

just as the federal government of Nigeria doesn’t give a fvck about your wailings and tears on nairaland- it is a settled matter- it is OLU of WARRI, it is in the judgement of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, it is in the gazette of both Delta State of Nigeria and the Federal Republic of Nigeria and your relitigating here is tantamount to constituting cyber space nuisance - guess what? if you don’t like what The Law says, go and jump into the Lagoon grin

1 Like

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by pinkygurl(f): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogbonti:

just as the federal government of Nigeria doesn’t give a fvck about your wailings and tears on nairaland- it is settled matter- it is OLU of WARRI, it is in the judgement of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, it is in the gazette of both Delta State of Nigeria and the Federal Republic of Nigeria and your relitigating here is tantamount to constituting cyber space nuisance - guess what? if you don’t like what The Law says, go and jump into the Lagoon grin
Just as the federal government of Nigeria doesnot give a fvck about OLU of WARRI. or OVIE OF AGBARA-WARRI. neither should l give a Bleep.
Everybody knows he is the king of the ITSEKIRIS OF WARRI only & NOT KING OF URHOBOS OF WARRI OR KING OF IJAWS OF WARRI.so you can
Go and jumo into the lagoon.you low IQ reta* d
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Aurelius1(m): 9:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
pinkygurl:

Oga STFU.
A simple google search of kingdom of warri should be helpful. OLU REMAINS KING OF ITSEKIRI OWNED LANDS ONLY IN WARRI
I for example,schooled at an urhobo land of warri.
ITSEKIRI is never taught in public schools in urhobo lands controlled by OVIE king.
You and your lack of knowledge can go to hell.
You cannot educate me about Warri my place of birth
Can you say The Oba of edo or The Obi of ukwani or The The Alafin of Yoruba? The Olu remains the the olu of Warri. This is a case that has been settled in court. Your view is of no importance.

1 Like

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by pinkygurl(f): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Aurelius1:
Can you say The Oba of edo or The Obi of ukwani or The The Alafin of Yoruba? Guy stop arguing a case that has been settled in court.
Edo,Benin has only one traditional king.
So I do not care about their titles.
Your view is of no importance for metropolitan Warri (itsekiris,urhobos;ijaws).with three peoples,3cultures 3 kings with 3 differnt titles for 3 indigenous tribe & cultures & languages in metropolitan warri.
Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Aurelius1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
pinkygurl:

Edo,Benin has only one traditional king.
So I do not care about their titles
Have you heard of The Otuaru of Auchi? Monarchs are named after the Towns not the tribe or language.

1 Like

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by Realhommie(m): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogbonti:

you can go argue with your supreme court of Nigeria I didn’t make the judgement they did so you are picking a fight with the wrong person grin
I'm not fighting you bro, I'm only stating reality.

No bonafide Itsekiri would even dare claim ownership of the whole Warri. They know not to try it.

Even the Urhobos boundary them around the Olu palace, they can't even claim royalty there how much the whole Warri. That's just a mere title which was an error in judgement that was all politics.

So leave that matter. Na Warri here all of us dey, lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli by pinkygurl(f): 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2021
Aurelius1:
Have you heard of The Otuaru of Auchi? Monarchs are named after the Towns not the tribe or language.

The Olu of warri is the monarch of ITSEKIRIS ONLY. so he can add OLU OF NIGERIA to his title if he wants & copyright it also.THE URHOBOS,IJAWS Of WARRI.do not give a fvck about the title of the king of the ITSEKIRIS OF WARRI as far as he sticks to collecting royalties from ITSEKIRI BOUNDARY ONLY & ITSEKIRI OWNED OIL WELLS ONLY
The Olu or Ogiame (King) of Warri now only rules the Itsekiri people living in the town of Warri in the Delta State of Nigeria as a traditional leader..

- In pre-colonial and colonial times, there was a marked division of territory in Warri. The Ijaws occupied the islands and shores in the Warri South West Axis, the Itsekiris occupied the islands and mainlands close to the coastal areas in Warri South and North while the Urhobos occupied the hinterland with the exception of Okere-Urhobo and Agbassa urhobo who occupied coastal regions

When the colonial NCNC and the Action Group party was formed, the Itsekiris embraced the AG while the Urhobos embraced NCNC. Awolowo punished the Urhobos for this by placing the Itsekiri monarch above all the Urhobo monarchs. Awo also changed the traditional title of the Olu of Itsekiri to the Olu of Warri .

The court ruling states unequivocally that the Olu of Warri is a mere titular appellation and his over-lord's powers are limited to Itsekiri traditional homesteads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet Aare Boluwatife Akin-Olugbade: Owner Of 10 Rolls-Royces (PHOTOS) / Olori Badirat Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Youngest Wife, Slays In New Photos / Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.