Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault (21318 Views)

Buhari Appoints Garba Baba Umar As New Security Adviser, 2 Weeks To Go / Police Leave CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar, Arrest Trader For Assault / Aisha Yesufu Calls For Danladi Umar’s Removal As CCT Chairman (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by ijustdey: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
The Northern Youths Council of Nigeria has called for the removal and prosecution of Danladi Umar, Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, for alleged abuse of power.

Umar had been caught on video assaulting a security guard, Clement Sargwak, a 22-year-old employee of Jul Reliable Guard Services Limited at Banex Plaza, Abuja, who had told him that the justice’s vehicle was wrongly parked.

In his attempt to justify his action, the CCT spokesman, had said the guard was rude and could not provide a reasonable explanation why the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal should not park in the said space, alleging that the guard threatened the CCT chairman.

The spokesman had alleged that after the assault by Danladi Umar, a mob of “Biafran Boys” came to the guard’s rescue and attacked the CCT chairman.

In a statement obtained by Daily Post, the NYCN President, Isah Abubakar, expressed dismay at the CCT Chairman's use of “Biafran Boys” to describe Nigerians who are going about their lawful businesses.

The youths noted that it was an attempt to stir division in the country so that he would escape public scrutiny and the consequences of his action.

The statement further noted that assuming without conceding that the guard actually threatened the CCT chairman, he (Umar) shouldn’t have taken the law into his hands, noting that the conduct of the judicial officer has succeeded in inspiring millions of Nigerians to start taking the law into their hands anytime they feel slighted.

The youths, therefore, called on Danladi Umar to resign from his position as the CCT chairman, stressing, “We have every reason to believe that anybody from Eastern Nigeria that appears before CCT can’t get justice, following the “Biafran mindset he holds against them.”

The youths appealed to the Inspector General of Police to immediately arrest and prosecute him (Danladi Umar) for assaulting a law-abiding Nigerian on his duty post.

They called on the presidency to as a matter of urgency replace Danladi as the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal if he fails to resign voluntarily.

The youths also called on the National Assembly to stop appropriating money to the CCT if Umar fails to resign and the presidency decides to retain him.

“The members of Northern Youths Council of Nigeria will prepare for grand protest if the above demands are not met,” the statement added.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/04/05/northern-youths-demand-removal-cct-chairman-umar-over-assault

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
This is very commendable.

An occupant of a highly exhalted position of a body that should uphold fundamental human rights shouldn't be the one abusing the same fundamental human rights.

I'm worried that the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal cannot even CONDUCT HIMSELF PROPERLY.

Labelling Easterners Biafran Boys by a federal government appointee/official shows that the civil war never ended in 1970 as declared, the civil war is still very much on with the onslaught against Ndigbo on all fronts.

What crime is it to be Igbo?

246 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
Media solidarity...

They'll come to the media to lend their voice of support and solidarity, but when they hit central mosque on Friday, It's a different ball game entirely.

These same youths are quick to issue ultimatum to other ethnic group at any slight misunderstanding.

Don't be fooled by this crafty show of support, you might be surprised that the useless Danladi Umar is more of a saint compared to these NYCN guys.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Kylekent59: 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
In a sane country, he would resign by himself immediately to safe the image of the judges. I forgot we are in Nigeria where some people are above the law.

I just pray our leaders would just wake up one day and say to themselves "enough is enough. I will give my people all they need and create a better Nigeria."

Nigerians too should change their ways so that it would be easy for them also.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Alejoas(m): 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
I am impressed that we have a Northern group who can really make this call. Bravo! Meanwhile i have for sale, external battery for Laptop. Our external battery guarantees you between ten to twenty four hours extra working hour on your laptop. Don't let power issue delay you and don't get mistaken for a Yahoo boy because of your generator noise.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by ThreeEyedRaven: 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
This typically is the mindset of most fulanis in Nigeria I have seen it first hand.
But I commend the action of this group although their protest should also include all the nepotism going on in the military, paramilitary, civil service and other government parastatal

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by youngeagle(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
This kinda statement makes me want to be a Nigerian the more, but when i remember division tactics by this present administration, it makes me wanting a different home

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Charmingrascal(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
The idiotic CCT chairman is obviously not remorseful of his shameful act, he still ordered the zoo Police to arrest a phone repairer working at Banex Plaza after assaulting the young security man who is only trying to survive.
The arrested person is still in Police custody and nobody is saying anything about it.

I hate this Country

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
You are telling a corruptly unconstitutional overstayed IGP of police to charge a tribalistic CCT Judge?... smell the coffee.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by AMvanquish: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
In saner climes; if you tune to CNN , BBC , Al-Jazeera, the next thing you will see as headline " CCB Boss resigns on allegations of assault" and a press conference will be held immediately with him apologizing. But come to Nigeria & Africa, Flexing of power & the usual do you know who I am / I will deal with you is the order of the day.

#BananaRepublik

10 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
I have said it that the only reason Tinubu will give people to gain their votes is “I hate Igbos...IPOB,”. They won’t care that his government will be a carryover of Buhari’s nepotism and and incompetence. People like this Umar has no reason to be in government but thanks to Buhari he is there. Biafra is like the magic word, their secret code.

We see it all but Nigeria must overcome these selfish b@staards.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by DropsMic(m): 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
Wash
Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by opalu: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
Code of Conduct Tribunal chairman who cannot conduct his own self in public

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Noerection: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ipob thugs rather
Political future of Danladi will be bright as he is hated by ipob goats
Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Soolmus: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
cool

Northern Elites causing pain and trouble for Northern masses

Code of Misconduct Tribunal Chairman Should just apologize rather than drag Ibos and Hausa to a fight.... Fulanis just like wahala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by blinking001(m): 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
Oh please they should all keep their mouths shut. That man did nothing wrong. Nobody wants to listen to the mans side of the story. Spits
Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by ScamHunter: 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
Haha... clever Fulani window picture to fo.ool the traditionally foolish Nigerians. These guys have already pocketed Nigerians.
Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by AmazingELixir: 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
lipsrsealed

He doesn't need to be asked to resign...if he has any modicum of honour left within him he would have graciously tendered his resignation and apologised to both the young man he assaulted, the phone technician he imprisoned and the nation at large in the light of the viral despicable and shameful conduct. A public office no less the chairman of an agency of government charged with the enviable responsibility of regulating the conduct of public officers deserves better.

The impunity exhibited by this man is microcosmic to the government which he serves, such traits are reflective across all strata of this administration.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Eheeeee. This is what we want.

When on Earth will Nigerians fight injustice to any tribe together? When?
More of this will build trust in one Nigerian project.
You can't be preaching one Nigeria in the face of acute nepotism. It's not understandable?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Duplexxx: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
I hate gossiping dem say dem say We believe in action
Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Auntyada89(f): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Way to go. Alot of people get away with animalistic behaviour in Nigeria because of their money and power.
Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
He should be removed immediately, or make Ogun kill am, kill all his aides together!

Criminal bastard!

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by Kuginzi: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
JidennaJason:
Media solidarity...

They'll come to the media to lend their voice of support and solidarity, but when they hit central mosque on Friday, It's a different ball game entirely.

These same youths are quick to issue ultimatum to other ethnic group at any slight misunderstanding.

Don't be fooled by this crafty show of support, you might be surprised that the useless Danladi Umar is more of a saint compared to these NYCN guys.
Must you attach religion to your comment?.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by SouthSouth1914: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
This guy needs to be prosecuted else, Nigeria is a failed state and it’s leaders will burn to the ground someday by absolving these concerns.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
God bless progressive non partisan northern youth
Re: Northern Youths Demand Removal Of Danladi Umar As CCT Chairman Over Assault by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
SECONDED

Umar should resign with immediate alacrity.

The below post from a patriot has said it all on this matter.
Nothing to be added and nothing to be taken away.
In Saner climes, this man won't be in that position anymore by now.

Politicians and people elected into public positions have to be wary of their actions and words out there, just 2 seconds, everywhere fit burst, apart from losing that same position wey dey make dem carry shoulder up!

The below post took the words outta our mouths!

festacman:
This statement is so scandalously unprofessional, unpardonably infantile and profoundly shameful.

If Mr. Danladi Umar read and approved this statement before it was released to the public, one could comfortably question his qualifications as a lawyer, the soundness of his reasoning as a judge, his mentality as NIGERIAN public servant and his maturity as an adult human.

The mere fact that he already sees some Nigerians as non-Nigerians is too dangerous to ingnore for a man who is supposed to be FAIR and JUST in treating cases as Chairman of Code of Conduct Tribunal. I strongly recommend that National Judicial Council (NJC) should review Mr. Danladi's poor professional conduct and take action immediately.

Danladi, u fvck up, just agree to that and accept the consequences, you don't need to bring some tribal/ethnicity bs into this.

We Rise!

Kuginzi:
Only northerners has the mind to do that
You are 100% right with this.

The other ones will be wailing "he is our brother, leave him alone".

Shameless supporters of criminals and law breakers.
Hypocrites they all are.

3 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Court Asked To Bar APC From Replacing Masari As Tinubu’s VP / Peter Obi Lands In Lagos For NESG Dialogue With Presidential Candidates / Okowa Gifts State Funds To Civil Servants To Vote PDP Guber Candidate - Soyombo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.