Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is The Bible God's Word ( Part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible God's Word ( Part 1) (106 Views)

Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? / It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. / To The Fools Who Say The Bible God Kills More People Than Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible God's Word ( Part 1) by badaks3230(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
PRESUMPTUOUS CHRISTIANS
Whether Catholic, Protestant or a "Cultist," of the thousand -and - one - sects - and - denominations-of-Christianity, never will you find a missionary who will not, prima facie, presuppose that his potential convert accepts his "Holy Bible" as the book of final authority on every religious opinion? The only answer the prospective proselyte has is to quote verses from the Bible which are contradictory to the missionary's or debate their interpretations.
THE DOGGED QUESTION
When the Muslim proves his point from the Christian's own Holy Scripture, and when the professional priest, parson or predikant cannot refute the arguments — the inevitable Christian evasion is — "DO YOU ACCEPT THE BIBLE AS GOD'S WORD? On the face of it, the question seems to be an easy one, but a simple "Yes" or "No" cannot be given as an answer. You see, one has first to explain one's position. But the Christian will not give one the opportunity. He gets impatient. "Answer — 'Yes or No!' " he insists. The Jews did the same to Jesus two thousand years ago, except that surprisingly he was not strait-jacketed, as is the fashion today!
The reader will readily agree that things are not always either BLACK or WHITE. Between these two extremes there are various shades of GREY. If you say "Yes" to his question, then it would mean that you are prepared to swallow everything HOOK, LINE and SINKER, from Genesis to Revelation from his Bible. If you respond with a "No" he quickly unhooks himself from the facts you have presented, and rallies support from his co-religionists in the audience with; "You see, this man does not believe in the Bible! What right has he to expound his case from our Book?" With this hydra-like somersault he rests content that he has safely evaded the issue. What is the Muslim to do? He has to explain his position vis-a-vis the Bible, as he ought to do.
THREE GRADES OF EVIDENCE
We Muslims have no hesitation in acknowledging that in the Bible, there are three different kinds of witnessing recognizable without any need of specialized training. These are:
1. You will be able to recognize in the Bible what may be described as "The Word of God."
2. You will also be able to discern what can be described as the "Words of a Prophet of God."
3. And you will most readily observe that the bulk of the Bible is the records of eye witnessess or ear witnesses, or people writing from hearsay. As such they are the "Words of a Historian"
You do not have to hunt for examples of these different types of evidences in the Bible. The following quotations will make the position crystal clear:
The FIRST Type:
(a) I will raise them up a prophet . . . and I will put my words in ... and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)
(b) I even, I am the Lord, and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43:11)
(c) "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the end of the earth: for I am God, and there is non else." (Isaiah 45:22)
Note the first person pronoun singular (highlighted in green) in the above references, and without any difficulty you will agree that the statements seem to have the sound of being GOD'S WORD.
The SECOND Type:
(a) "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? . . ." (Matthew 27:46)
(b) "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29)
(c) "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God." (Mark 10:18).
Even a child will be able to affirm that: Jesus "cried" Jesus "answered" and Jesus "said" are the words of the one to whom they are attributed, i.e. the WORDS OF A PROPHET OF GOD.
The THIRD Type:
"And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he, (JESUS) came, if haply he (JESUS) might find anything thereon: and when he (JESUS) came to it, (Jesus) found nothing but leaves . . ." (Mark 11:13)
The bulk of the Bible is a witnessing of this THIRD kind. These are the words of a third person. Note the underlined pronouns. They are not the Words of God or of His prophet, but the WORDS OF A HISTORIAN.
For the Muslim it is quite easy to distinguish the above types of evidence, because he also has them in his own faith. But of the followers of the different religions, he is the most fortunate in this that his various records are contained in separate Books!
ONE: The first kind — THE WORD OF GOD — is found in a Book called The Holy Qur’ân.
TWO: The second kind — THE WORDS OF THE PROPHET OF GOD, (Muhummed, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) are recorded in the Books of Tradition called The Hadeeth.
THREE: Evidence of the third kind abounds in different volume of Islamic history, written by some of high integrity and learning, and others of lesser trustworthiness, but the Muslim advisedly keeps his Books in separate volumes!
The Muslim keeps the above three types of evidence Jealously apart, in their proper gradations of authority. He never equates them. On the other hand, the "Holy Bible" contains a motley type of literature, which composes the embarrassing kind, the sordid, and the obscene — all under the same cover — A Christian is forced to concede equal spiritual import and authority to all, and is thus unfortunate in this regard.
Re: Is The Bible God's Word ( Part 1) by pointblank247(m): 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
Sorry I I didn't read, I will when I have time but take this, THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD
Re: Is The Bible God's Word ( Part 1) by youngtrace: 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2021
It's gonna be interesting! Following...
Re: Is The Bible God's Word ( Part 1) by budaatum: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
No, the Bible is not God's word, nor is the Quran, which are both just books with words in them.

Those words that are in them are what become Gods Word when you the reader reads them with a Godly understanding.

It's like the books themselves are mud, or the dust on the ground to be more precise. They become the Living Word of God only when you breath the right understanding of God into them.

It is written:

Man shall not live by bread alone or they shall be malnourished.
Matthew 4:4

"If all the trees on earth were pens and the ocean ˹were ink˺, refilled by seven other oceans, the Words of Allah would not be exhausted. Surely Allah is Almighty, and Wise".
Luqman 31:27

I can not wait for the day the Holy Book of Nigeria becomes the Trinity of the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Newer Testament called the Quran. Perhaps then will we stop being malnourished from eating only bread and become the mighty nation that the Lord God plans for us to become.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Bible God's Word ( Part 1) by psucc(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Your point of defense is comparing the Holy Bible with the Holy Koran.
You can attempt these posers: 1. The Bible and the Koran which was the first to exist? 2. The Prophet Mohammed and Christ who first came? 3. Can an earlier version quote a later version? 4. Can original imitate imitation?
Now sleep with these, that the Bible is: 1. God's Word 2. It is written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. 3. It's content has never been disputed nor refuted. 4. It is the longest surviving text in man's history 5. It has survived so many attacks. 6. No matter the translation or language, it's Central message still remains - a. Creation and man's fall b. Abraham's call and the çhosen Israel c. Christ and His finished work of redemption of mankind. d. Christ imminent return for His 'Church' e. The eternal segregation. Are you ready, Christ is calling you today?

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Joseph Prince - Feeling Troubled? Start Praying In The Spirit / Islam: How Children Can Honour Their Parents / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:thursday, April 8, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.